AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you keep a diary?
Yes, digitally. 4 14.81%
Yes, on paper. 6 22.22%
Used to, digitally. 1 3.70%
Used to, on paper. 5 18.52%
Never have. 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-24, 07:00   Link #41
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I used too as a child but I can't keep up with it now. & I don't really wanna read over all the bad times, cause nothing GOOD worth writing ever really happens.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 16:15   Link #42
BLAM
Loner

Send a message via Skype™ to BLAM
I have an oldschool journal with thick canvas paper, leatherback with an elastic strap. Not old school per say but it's plenty nice.
BLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 21:11   Link #43
ChainLegacy
廉頗

No, I have not. I have trouble speaking about my day to day life for some reason. Maybe I find myself too boring, or more accurately my mind is usually monopolized by any number of topics I like to think about, which usually have nothing to do with me (history, science, music, etc)... I find it interesting others consider it therapeutic to write down when having a tough time... I'd rather not think more about it, though I suppose that's just my psychological tactic to avert being in a sour mood.

I'd prefer to think about random philosophical musings, which would be a cool sort of diary to start, now that I think of it. Perhaps I shall give it a try.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 03:55   Link #44
Domonkazu

nope I'm too lazy for that, beside I can't remember so much details that happen during days.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 06:05   Link #45
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't write full sentences. They're just keywords that trigger important emotions/memories. That in a way, is an cipher.
The problem with that is, I'd jot down some notes on a piece of paper... only to later go back to the notes and go "what on earth did I mean to say!?"
When enough time pass, I have no recollection of my train of thoughts to make any sense of what I wrote.
Old 2012-03-26, 06:29   Link #46
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The problem with that is, I'd jot down some notes on a piece of paper... only to later go back to the notes and go "what on earth did I mean to say!?"
When enough time pass, I have no recollection of my train of thoughts to make any sense of what I wrote.
Really? Aw that totally works for me. I even remember things I thought about since I was in kindergarten xP being terrible at climbing these poles.... I don't know why elementary kids have to climb poles as an exercise in beijing schools back then but man I sucked at that.

Now I'm curious I could almost take a very irrelevant course in neuropsychology or something.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:35   Link #47
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

My diary is the voice of my heart. I write anything and everything that I see and feel. Heck, this habit of writing started so long ago I have forgotten when it started! Probably 7- 8 years ago. It's amazing when you look back at your past diaries. Such a change in writing. I compared my the first volume of my diary and the current volume, and I loled hard at the stark contrast.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:35   Link #48
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
My diary is the voice of my heart. I write anything and everything that I see and feel. Heck, this habit of writing started so long ago I have forgotten when it started! Probably 7- 8 years ago. It's amazing when you look back at your past diaries. Such a change in writing. I compared my the first volume of my diary and the current volume, and I loled hard at the stark contrast.
Does it not murder you to read things you wrote when you were younger? Especially elaborate emotional several-paged essay-like entries?

The reason I don't write those things is because I have and they are terribadly embarrassing.

I have a specific phobia that god is watching me and laughing and choking and nose bleeding at all the embarrassing things I do.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:42   Link #49
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Does it not murder you to read things you wrote when you were younger? Especially elaborate emotional several-paged essay-like entries?

The reason I don't write those things is because I have and they are terribadly embarrassing.

I have a specific phobia that god is watching me and laughing and choking and nose bleeding at all the embarrassing things I do.
Oh yes....yes,yes,yes. The mere thought of seeing my past self through my diaries can be a depressing one, especially when you were ruled by emotions. Gosh, I was shocked when I saw red ink and some unspeakable curses......Those were the days!

I still share my anger but these days, I channel it through poetry instead. Very artistic, no?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:58   Link #50
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Oh yes....yes,yes,yes. The mere thought of seeing my past self through my diaries can be a depressing one, especially when you were ruled by emotions. Gosh, I was shocked when I saw red ink and some unspeakable curses......Those were the days!

I still share my anger but these days, I channel it through poetry instead. Very artistic, no?
Lol that's totally different from me, I was a totally random free-spirited daydreamer back them who write ridiculous things. And I was not afraid of writing totally ridiculous ideas.

I have to say, one time I was dating someone from another school, but in my esoteric half-fiction-half-non-fiction (It was a weekly hand-written blog that constantly talks about random ideas that come up, instead of summarizing my life) and in it, was written that I wished this different girl was my girlfriend, because unlike other girls, she didn't have all those ridiculous girly characteristics I used to not accept. I also wrote down that I wished we became hippies and travelled anywhere we want, on hoverboards. Some utter BS but we actually did become in an official relationship for a year, 4 years after I wrote that random blog.

To me these distorted blogs help me remember what kind of person I was more than literal summaries.