AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you keep a diary?
Yes, digitally. 4 14.81%
Yes, on paper. 6 22.22%
Used to, digitally. 1 3.70%
Used to, on paper. 5 18.52%
Never have. 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-24, 07:00   Link #41
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
I used too as a child but I can't keep up with it now. & I don't really wanna read over all the bad times, cause nothing GOOD worth writing ever really happens.
__________________

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 16:15   Link #42
BLAM
Loner
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wandering Purgatory
Send a message via Skype™ to BLAM
I have an oldschool journal with thick canvas paper, leatherback with an elastic strap. Not old school per say but it's plenty nice.
BLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 21:11   Link #43
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
No, I have not. I have trouble speaking about my day to day life for some reason. Maybe I find myself too boring, or more accurately my mind is usually monopolized by any number of topics I like to think about, which usually have nothing to do with me (history, science, music, etc)... I find it interesting others consider it therapeutic to write down when having a tough time... I'd rather not think more about it, though I suppose that's just my psychological tactic to avert being in a sour mood.

I'd prefer to think about random philosophical musings, which would be a cool sort of diary to start, now that I think of it. Perhaps I shall give it a try.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 03:55   Link #44
Domonkazu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Deutschland
Age: 30
nope I'm too lazy for that, beside I can't remember so much details that happen during days.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 06:05   Link #45
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't write full sentences. They're just keywords that trigger important emotions/memories. That in a way, is an cipher.
The problem with that is, I'd jot down some notes on a piece of paper... only to later go back to the notes and go "what on earth did I mean to say!?"
When enough time pass, I have no recollection of my train of thoughts to make any sense of what I wrote.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 06:29   Link #46
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The problem with that is, I'd jot down some notes on a piece of paper... only to later go back to the notes and go "what on earth did I mean to say!?"
When enough time pass, I have no recollection of my train of thoughts to make any sense of what I wrote.
Really? Aw that totally works for me. I even remember things I thought about since I was in kindergarten xP being terrible at climbing these poles.... I don't know why elementary kids have to climb poles as an exercise in beijing schools back then but man I sucked at that.


Now I'm curious I could almost take a very irrelevant course in neuropsychology or something.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:35   Link #47
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
My diary is the voice of my heart. I write anything and everything that I see and feel. Heck, this habit of writing started so long ago I have forgotten when it started! Probably 7- 8 years ago. It's amazing when you look back at your past diaries. Such a change in writing. I compared my the first volume of my diary and the current volume, and I loled hard at the stark contrast.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:35   Link #48
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
My diary is the voice of my heart. I write anything and everything that I see and feel. Heck, this habit of writing started so long ago I have forgotten when it started! Probably 7- 8 years ago. It's amazing when you look back at your past diaries. Such a change in writing. I compared my the first volume of my diary and the current volume, and I loled hard at the stark contrast.
Does it not murder you to read things you wrote when you were younger? Especially elaborate emotional several-paged essay-like entries?

The reason I don't write those things is because I have and they are terribadly embarrassing.

I have a specific phobia that god is watching me and laughing and choking and nose bleeding at all the embarrassing things I do.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:42   Link #49
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Does it not murder you to read things you wrote when you were younger? Especially elaborate emotional several-paged essay-like entries?

The reason I don't write those things is because I have and they are terribadly embarrassing.

I have a specific phobia that god is watching me and laughing and choking and nose bleeding at all the embarrassing things I do.
Oh yes....yes,yes,yes. The mere thought of seeing my past self through my diaries can be a depressing one, especially when you were ruled by emotions. Gosh, I was shocked when I saw red ink and some unspeakable curses......Those were the days!

I still share my anger but these days, I channel it through poetry instead. Very artistic, no?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:58   Link #50
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Oh yes....yes,yes,yes. The mere thought of seeing my past self through my diaries can be a depressing one, especially when you were ruled by emotions. Gosh, I was shocked when I saw red ink and some unspeakable curses......Those were the days!

I still share my anger but these days, I channel it through poetry instead. Very artistic, no?
Lol that's totally different from me, I was a totally random free-spirited daydreamer back them who write ridiculous things. And I was not afraid of writing totally ridiculous ideas.

I have to say, one time I was dating someone from another school, but in my esoteric half-fiction-half-non-fiction (It was a weekly hand-written blog that constantly talks about random ideas that come up, instead of summarizing my life) and in it, was written that I wished this different girl was my girlfriend, because unlike other girls, she didn't have all those ridiculous girly characteristics I used to not accept. I also wrote down that I wished we became hippies and travelled anywhere we want, on hoverboards. Some utter BS but we actually did become in an official relationship for a year, 4 years after I wrote that random blog.

To me these distorted blogs help me remember what kind of person I was more than literal summaries.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.