AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-26, 20:14   Link #61
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
you know with the whole reversal element and light swalled by darkness and dark wedding and donuts with holes and darkness, and zessica being afraid of dark. is it possible she has seen what happened in the past with mikono and kagura. like collapse of the universe or something of the sort? she really didn't seem all that suprised when she saw that vision in the mirror. any other nomal anime character should have freaked out looking at the mirror. what if it was not her first time that she saw a vision?
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 21:17   Link #62
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
You know from episode 13 it gave me a few speculations for this series.

1st. I'm beginning to think that love doesn't make Aquarion go crazy, in fact true love makes it stronger regardless of who pilots it. What made Aquarion go crazy was Mykage, as he seems to despise the very concept of two people truly being in love with one another. So whenever Aquarion had pilots who truly loved one another Mykage would selfishly interfere, and kill the pilots, giving the people of Neo Daeva the belief that love makes Aquarion go crazy.

Connected to this belief I also think that though Mykage wants Aquarion he doesn't really know that much about it, or rather he doesn't really know where its powers come from, or what makes it stronger. In truth true love can call upon Aquarion and Fudo knows this, and avoids it for three reasons.

1. Mykage always sets out to kill the pilots who fall in love as "punishment" for doing something that he despises. So by not allowing for them to fall in love you can get Aquarion to release a good portion of its power, while protecting the students

2. Fudo doesn't want Mykage to get a hold of Aquarion.

3. Mykage doesn't really know that much about Aquarion so he doesn't know that what he's doing is counterproductive for him finding it.

Well that's just my theory anyway.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 21:30   Link #63
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Makes me wonder when Fudou will break out the Assault Aquarions. So we'll have triple or quadruple Aquarion action.
They might not need to. The exsistence of 2 sets of Vectors suggests that humanity can now build Aquarions with most, if not all, the abilities of the original, mugen punch and all. The dialogue in episode 13 might also support an inference the original Aquarion is actualy still in the middle of the earth.
Ypocaramel is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 21:35   Link #64
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a pinepple, under the sea
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
You know from episode 13 it gave me a few speculations for this series.

1st. I'm beginning to think that love doesn't make Aquarion go crazy, in fact true love makes it stronger regardless of who pilots it. What made Aquarion go crazy was Mykage, as he seems to despise the very concept of two people truly being in love with one another. So whenever Aquarion had pilots who truly loved one another Mykage would selfishly interfere, and kill the pilots, giving the people of Neo Daeva the belief that love makes Aquarion go crazy.

Connected to this belief I also think that though Mykage wants Aquarion he doesn't really know that much about it, or rather he doesn't really know where its powers come from, or what makes it stronger. In truth true love can call upon Aquarion and Fudo knows this, and avoids it for three reasons.

1. Mykage always sets out to kill the pilots who fall in love as "punishment" for doing something that he despises. So by not allowing for them to fall in love you can get Aquarion to release a good portion of its power, while protecting the students

2. Fudo doesn't want Mykage to get a hold of Aquarion.

3. Mykage doesn't really know that much about Aquarion so he doesn't know that what he's doing is counterproductive for him finding it.

Well that's just my theory anyway.
I agree, which is why Love is forbidden.

Fudo made love forbidden to protect the students.

Because if we think about it, it's not only romantic type of love that makes Aquarion stronger, it's different kinds of love. They showed us this in the OS. It's also the strong desire to protect someone, not only the person you are in love with, but the people you care for. Like family, friends. Apollo was able to call to aquarion because of the strong desire to protect his best friend Baron. When Baron, died Apollo made Aquarion even stronger. So it's all types of love....

But, Mykage hates it anyways.
__________________

Da dum da dum.
LastOrder is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 23:12   Link #65
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
To add on to my theories before I also think that Fudo isn't paying much attention to Amata, not because Amata doesn't matter, but simply because he can't, because that would clue in Mykage to the fact that Amata is special. So Fudo just acts as though Amata is the same as any other student in order to make Mykage think that he is a non-factor.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 23:20   Link #66
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a pinepple, under the sea
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
To add on to my theories before I also think that Fudo isn't paying much attention to Amata, not because Amata doesn't matter, but simply because he can't, because that would clue in Mykage to the fact that Amata is special. So Fudo just acts as though Amata is the same as any other student in order to make Mykage think that he is a non-factor.
This sounds pretty interesting.


And anyways, should Mykage discover that Amata has wings, and the power of flight, all hell will break loose.
__________________

Da dum da dum.
LastOrder is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 23:22   Link #67
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
And anyways, should Mykage discover that Amata has wings, and the power of flight, all hell will break loose.
I'm pretty sure that he already knows this...

@mayumi: I think its easier to say that Zess' fear of darkness is her fear of being alone. It seems to be a good bit simpler as a solution than anything else.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 00:53   Link #68
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
To add on to my theories before I also think that Fudo isn't paying much attention to Amata, not because Amata doesn't matter, but simply because he can't, because that would clue in Mykage to the fact that Amata is special. So Fudo just acts as though Amata is the same as any other student in order to make Mykage think that he is a non-factor.
problem with that is that Mikage already knows exactly who Amata is, his powers, his family, all that. That kind of information means that he's been keeping an eye on Amata for a long time. It's possible Zen has been keeping an eye on Amata from a distance in order to act quickly when Mikage decides to make his move. However Mikage has a backup in Kagura so Amata hasn't interested him up till now. Kagura is a beast of the land but Mikage knew of his reverse skill. By reversing his own powers, Kagura was given wings very similar to Amata's which was likely Mikage's plan.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now  
Old 2012-03-27, 01:28   Link #69
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
problem with that is that Mikage already knows exactly who Amata is, his powers, his family, all that. That kind of information means that he's been keeping an eye on Amata for a long time. It's possible Zen has been keeping an eye on Amata from a distance in order to act quickly when Mikage decides to make his move. However Mikage has a backup in Kagura so Amata hasn't interested him up till now. Kagura is a beast of the land but Mikage knew of his reverse skill. By reversing his own powers, Kagura was given wings very similar to Amata's which was likely Mikage's plan.
Yes, but Mykage's knowledge of Aquarion is very limited. So its likely that he wouldn't know what to look for, so what makes up the key to Aquarion which Amata has could easily escape Mykage's detection. Also from Mykage's behavior its obvious that Mykage disregards Amata all together, instead choosing to place his bets on Kagura. Though from the various parallels that we are given between Kagura and Amata, its likely that they are or once were the same person. Kagura may just be a part of Amata that Mykage forcefully separated, believing his beast-like traits and elemental power to be important for calling upon Aquarion (except it really doesn't matter considering that Mykage is the one that has to give Kagura wings, as well as boost Kagura's power).

Its likely that Mykage only thinks that he has a backup in Kagura when he really doesn't (hence the opening), he thinks that he knows all that there is to know, that Apollonius wings (aka his abilities) that powers Aquarion. Mykage seems to have a god complex, or at least he seems to think that he knows everything, or is just really selfish and enjoys messing with people just to mess with them, which is probably what he did to Izumo when he told him about Amata.

In other words while Mykage knows who Amata is, he doesn't know what powers Aquarion, so it could easily be under his nose and he would be none the wiser.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 01:48   Link #70
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Yes, but Mykage's knowledge of Aquarion is very limited. So its likely that he wouldn't know what to look for, so what makes up the key to Aquarion which Amata has could easily escape Mykage's detection. Also from Mykage's behavior its obvious that Mykage disregards Amata all together, instead choosing to place his bets on Kagura. Though from the various parallels that we are given between Kagura and Amata, its likely that they are or once were the same person. Kagura may just be a part of Amata that Mykage forcefully separated, believing his beast-like traits and elemental power to be important for calling upon Aquarion (except it really doesn't matter considering that Mykage is the one that has to give Kagura wings, as well as boost Kagura's power).

Its likely that Mykage only thinks that he has a backup in Kagura when he really doesn't (hence the opening), he thinks that he knows all that there is to know, that Apollonius wings (aka his abilities) that powers Aquarion. Mykage seems to have a god complex, or at least he seems to think that he knows everything, or is just really selfish and enjoys messing with people just to mess with them, which is probably what he did to Izumo when he told him about Amata.

In other words while Mykage knows who Amata is, he doesn't know what powers Aquarion, so it could easily be under his nose and he would be none the wiser.
basically what i said.

My theory was that Amata was born to Silvia but Mikage saw potential in Amata and his wings for his plans. Alicia was able to protect Amata from him while she was still around and he was instead forced to use his powers which split a part of Amata's soul into Kagura. In effect this also is the cause of Amata's change in eye color (as shown when Mikage used his abilities on those 3 pilots) and his lack of a smell to Kagura who is likely smelling the soul of a person rather than their physical smell. Amata with half a soul would be very hard for Kagura to pick up. It also explains why Mikono saw Kagura in Amata's reflection and later Amata instead of Kagura. Kagura lacked the wings however and was instead a beast of the land but Mikage realized his reverse power could work for him should it awaken.

Alicia realized what he had done and went to Altair using Aquarion to retrieve Kagura and hopefully restore him and Amata back into one being. However she fell into a coma from trying to pass through the gate and Kagura was raised and twisted by Mikage who put him through horrors to awaken his element. Mikage eventually went to sleep to speed up time for him rather than wait so Kagura could mature more and later woke up during the beginning of EVOL.

realizing Kagura's love for Mikono he used it to mentally torture Kagura into a corner. This succeeded in awakening his element which was capable of turning the beast of the land Kagura into an angel of the sky like Amata even if just temporarily.

Likely Mikage will come to realize that his back up plan with Kagura was gonna fail because imitation wings of Kagura were still inferior to the real wing of Amata. He would then turn his sights towards Amata. He captures Mikono and expects Amata to turn up at the wedding in funeral clothes to save her. This is likely when the original Aquarion is gonna awaken again. i'd say in the end when all is said and done, Mikono will use her power to connect to return Kagura and Amata back into one person which will finally activate the true power of Aquarion.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now  
Old 2012-03-27, 02:31   Link #71
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
basically what i said.

My theory was that Amata was born to Silvia but Mikage saw potential in Amata and his wings for his plans. Alicia was able to protect Amata from him while she was still around and he was instead forced to use his powers which split a part of Amata's soul into Kagura. In effect this also is the cause of Amata's change in eye color (as shown when Mikage used his abilities on those 3 pilots) and his lack of a smell to Kagura who is likely smelling the soul of a person rather than their physical smell. Amata with half a soul would be very hard for Kagura to pick up. It also explains why Mikono saw Kagura in Amata's reflection and later Amata instead of Kagura. Kagura lacked the wings however and was instead a beast of the land but Mikage realized his reverse power could work for him should it awaken.

Alicia realized what he had done and went to Altair using Aquarion to retrieve Kagura and hopefully restore him and Amata back into one being. However she fell into a coma from trying to pass through the gate and Kagura was raised and twisted by Mikage who put him through horrors to awaken his element. Mikage eventually went to sleep to speed up time for him rather than wait so Kagura could mature more and later woke up during the beginning of EVOL.

realizing Kagura's love for Mikono he used it to mentally torture Kagura into a corner. This succeeded in awakening his element which was capable of turning the beast of the land Kagura into an angel of the sky like Amata even if just temporarily.

Likely Mikage will come to realize that his back up plan with Kagura was gonna fail because imitation wings of Kagura were still inferior to the real wing of Amata. He would then turn his sights towards Amata. He captures Mikono and expects Amata to turn up at the wedding in funeral clothes to save her. This is likely when the original Aquarion is gonna awaken again. i'd say in the end when all is said and done, Mikono will use her power to connect to return Kagura and Amata back into one person which will finally activate the true power of Aquarion.
I'm not going against your theory, I'm just point out the reasons why its becoming more and more plausible as the series moves forward.

Though in the case of Mykage realizing that Amata is the key to Aquarion, its likely that by the time Mykage realizes this Fudo would have already gotten both characters on lockdown. Or Fudo may just go out of his way to stir Mykage's attention elsewhere, in order to deflect Mykage's interests. Or Izumo may wise up and Altair may stop supporting Mykage, who I'm beginning to think is the reason for Altair not having any women. Either way something tells me that Zessica will be the one who will most likely be used by Mykage, not Amata or Mikono since the only thing Mykage has on Amata, is Alicia and Izumo and Altair will do everything they can to keep her body safe.
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 02:46   Link #72
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
And anyways, should Mykage discover that Amata has wings, and the power of flight, all hell will break loose.
He knows this... He tells Izumo about it?
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 02:49   Link #73
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I think it's pretty clear Kagura is Appollon and Mikono is Sylvie. The different names could be due to the fact it's an AU and not a continuation.

Now we know that Kagura is fucked up in the head and that Mikono is naturally gloomy and feels like apologizing to him, which could mean that something bad and traumatic happened in their past lifes. Apparently Sylvie's fault.

The guilt could have lead to another soul spilt. Mikono being the part of Sylvie who inherited the connection abilities, who feels the guilt toward Appollon and wants to settle thing with him and apologize while being scared of him.
While Zessica is the part that inherited the telekinesis abilities and decided to let all that crap behind and go on with life. Hence why her smell isn't attracting Kagura.

That explains the reverse colours of the 2 girls : black/white outfit, inversed eyes/hair colours.
That makes sense by EDlogy (I think it was pointed by Mayumi a while back) : in the ED the one with closed eyes Zessica sees in the mirror is her dark self. What she saw in the mirror in episode 12 is Mikono with closed eyes, so Zessica is Mikono.

It also makes sense with Zessica jelly monster. Frankly her being lovesick for Amata makes zero sense. He has as much as charisma as a mussel, they have nothing in common and he did nothing to gain her affection. It can be explained by her resonating with Mikono and her affection toward Amata leaking to her. Blah.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-27 at 03:02.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 02:57   Link #74
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
That Kagura is Apollo it's clear, because when Mykage and Zen talks about him they talk about fate.

I've never thought that I would doubt who is Zen. Mykage's comment about ugly body says that Zen is an angel. I even think now that Mykage isn't Toma at all.
pingva is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 03:07   Link #75
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I think that one of the main themes of this anime is to over come fate.
The main theme of Aquarion franchise is about star crossed lovers who met every thousands of years to be split again.

Vega and Altair-themed (symbolism!), the Juliet-Romeo symbolism for certain unfortunate couple. Hell, the ED song is all about tragic love.

That's the fate that must be overcome. If Mikono/ShuShu/Zessica/Bag-chan is Sylvia and Kagura/Amata/Donar is Apollo, they must end up together happily ever after without a plot catastrophe getting in the way as usual.

What Mikono and Amata were talking about is to be resigned to be left behind and abandoned. That's the fate to overcome- their abandonment issues. It has nothing to do with anti main reincarnated lovers romance because she quoted the line of the movie that was supposed to give that legendary couple hope to overcome their fate of being separated after they are reunited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Connected to this belief I also think that though Mykage wants Aquarion he doesn't really know that much about it, or rather he doesn't really know where its powers come from, or what makes it stronger. In truth true love can call upon Aquarion and Fudo knows this, and avoids it for three reasons.
If this is true, then Amata and Mikono aren't in love yet. Nor does Shrade and Cayenne, but separate Aquarions :P. Jin and Yuhona were. So Mykage could only touch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I agree, which is why Love is forbidden.

Fudo made love forbidden to protect the students.

Because if we think about it, it's not only romantic type of love that makes Aquarion stronger, it's different kinds of love. They showed us this in the OS. It's also the strong desire to protect someone, not only the person you are in love with, but the people you care for. Like family, friends. Apollo was able to call to aquarion because of the strong desire to protect his best friend Baron. When Baron, died Apollo made Aquarion even stronger. So it's all types of love....

But, Mykage hates it anyways.
Reinai (what Fudo forbade) is specifically romantic love.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 04:43   Link #76
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Where turkeys can actually fly
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

It also makes sense with Zessica jelly monster. Frankly her being lovesick for Amata makes zero sense. He has as much as charisma as a mussel, they have nothing in common and he did nothing to gain her affection. It can be explained by her resonating with Mikono and her affection toward Amata leaking to her. Blah.
For the record, I love mussels. They taste good.

Crackpot theory time! Because I've expanded on my little theory.

Spoiler for Length:
theflyingturkey is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:05   Link #77
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
By reversing his own powers, Kagura was given wings very similar to Amata's which was likely Mikage's plan.


Yet Kagura's wings aren't anything like Amata's wings, they're more like Apollo's . Amata actually has wings. Kagura and Apollo's powers took on the shape of wings, but they weren't really wings. They're also on his back
Don't you mean that Amata was given wings very similar to Kagura's?

Apollonious when in Aquarion had both golden glow and a reddish one like Kagura's aura and wings.

Kagura's wings are exactly like Apollo's


Amata's wings look like Futoba's and Silvia's

Also doesn't the power of "reversal" means that most likely Kagura is the reincarnation of Apollonious? His power of reversal means that he can undo any damage...if the world were to be destroyed, he could reverse it. Apollonious could create life, as well as take it.

In fact, in light of episode 13 and a comment made by Thess... and the reveal about Kagura's power of "reversal" that made dismiss all the theories I had....well most of them anyway. I also might have to jump off of the Kagura and Mikono ship and ship someone else, since most of my love for the ship is due to my love for Apollo and Silvia pairing.


My theory...
I think that Touma...er Mykage is looking for Apollionu's real wings. He kept them and turned them into a helmet. Touma used the power of Apollonious' feathers on the "wingless ones". Because his goal was to make Apollo stronger so t he could make the tree bloom with the power of Apolloniou's feathers, and Aquarion. I think that some way some how all of the players have to be assembled to achieve it but...
  1. I was thinking about Jin's death and his relationship with Yunoha

  2. I've been wondering if Fudo was blind, and although he looks the same it and act the same he's a bit different. Mikage asked him where his real body was and called his form ugly
  3. Then I remembered that Thess said he thought Shu Shu was Silvia and when he said, that he thought Fudo's statement about the "red strand of fate"

Spoiler for That's when it hit me!!!:


I have to go...In short. Kagura= Apollo Amata=Silvia or Amata=wings or he's a freak of nature but Kagura is the reincarnation, Amata ISN'T
Lord of Pandemonium is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:18   Link #78
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
If zen is trying to keep destined lovers and the theme he hates apart. Does it mean he is a good guy or butt hurt if he is toma?
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:30   Link #79
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
If zen is trying to keep destined lovers and the theme he hates apart. Does it mean he is a good guy or butt hurt if he is toma?
On one side it looks like by forbidding love he is helping(because Mykage so far only do serious damage to lovers), on the other side it sounds like he is trying to keep Wings of the Sun for himself. So far he looks like a good guy even if he gives some fishy vibes.
pingva is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:34   Link #80
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Where turkeys can actually fly
Age: 21
^ is that question for me?
My reason for zen keeping Kagura and Mikono apart is simply because, Kagura's getting manipulated by Mikage right now.

He'll probably let them get together once Kagura does a Heel Face Turn.

@pandemonium
Wait, you were shipping for Kagura x Mikono because of Apollo and Silvia?

So if Amata=Silvia and Kagura=Apollo...
WHO'S TOP AND WHO'S BOTTOM?!
theflyingturkey is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.