AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-26, 23:35   Link #241
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
its like this... we use the deci number system.
Which means 0-9 having 10 numbers in total, as 10 being a repeat of 1+0

If someone gave u a deci decimal math like 5+5 = 10 its easy...
However
Magic would be like you doing hexidecimal math.
5 + 5 = 0xA

You can do it, but it would be very tough because ur mind isnt in the hexidecimal code.
aigomorla is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 23:46   Link #242
Morisato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So there's both a Light Novel series and a Web series?

How does that work?
Morisato is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 23:51   Link #243
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
There was a web series for it and the author planned for 15 and so far has only done 6. Now the web chapters are being published as an LN in Dengeki with editing being done. I dont know if the web series is still continung on then. Correct me if im wrong here
Richocet is offline  
Old 2012-03-26, 23:56   Link #244
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
There was a web series for it and the author planned for 15 and so far has only done 6. Now the web chapters are being published as an LN in Dengeki with editing being done. I dont know if the web series is still continung on then. Correct me if im wrong here
The last update of the Web was on 03/21/2011 with Web 6. So I assume they stopped there. The author supposedly wanted 15 or so Web Arcs that covered all three years of high school. Thus far at Web 6, we haven't even gotten through the first year yet.

While the first two arcs are 95% similar to the Web, I've heard that they're making major edits from Web 3 onward, so we'll see. Volume 5 (Short Story I believe) for one is supposed to be mostly new content.
whsie is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 00:24   Link #245
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
So there's both a Light Novel series and a Web series?

How does that work?
The light novel was based on the web series. Just like SAO was also based on a web series.

Currently there are 6 web series for Mahouka and yes they stop updating the stories once it's been licensed for release into light novel.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 00:52   Link #246
Myname
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
So are the web series free? Like some authors just post their works online hoping it gets popular enough to be picked up by a publisher?
Myname is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 00:59   Link #247
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
For the most part, yes. The authors have a story they feel like telling and they post it. So far, though, only SAO and MKnR have been popular enough such that they were licensed into book format. When converting web novel to light novel, typically there is a formal editor, I believe, making changes to the story as needed, typical of any other book. So far, only SAO and MKnR have been popular enough to be serialized in this fashion (I believe). Since the stories are selling, the web novels are taken down for obvious reasons.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 01:02   Link #248
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
The web novels are free and you can even still access the first 6 web novels of Mahouka. It's still not taken down yet. SAO web novels was already taken down.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 01:10   Link #249
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The web novels are free and you can even still access the first 6 web novels of Mahouka. It's still not taken down yet. SAO web novels was already taken down.
I believe MKnR was technically taken down, but you can still access them via archives (wayback machine or something like that?). Even with that, though, I thought people had trouble accessing web novel 6.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 01:33   Link #250
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I'm not sure on web novel 6 but I can still access web novel 1 and 2. I'm currently reading web novel 2 using software translation. But the thing is. Unlike SAO which you can't access online unless you download the file. Mahouka still has it's page though not sure on the later halves of the series.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 02:29   Link #251
maou87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm not sure on web novel 6 but I can still access web novel 1 and 2. I'm currently reading web novel 2 using software translation. But the thing is. Unlike SAO which you can't access online unless you download the file. Mahouka still has it's page though not sure on the later halves of the series.

can u tell me the web address of d web novel?
maou87 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 04:39   Link #252
maou87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
It was posted by someone earlier, I think. I'm too lazy to update the thing twice, so I won't bother posting the actual spoilers here, but I'll post the download link for the pdf file with the same information (I copy-pasta from it)

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?78w3nq72fbic6lw

For some reason, using a redirect service is giving me problems on my computer, and I'm not sure if it's working for anyone else, so I'll post the link like that unless someone tells me its against the rules. I don't think it is, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.
tnx 4 d pdf... juz gonna ask is this spoiler complete or not? since it was cut of at THE ATTTACK part.
maou87 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:41   Link #253
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I don't know the address of the web novel, and no, the spoilers aren't complete. There should still be a few parts, but since I'm not the one doing the spoilers (just compiling them), I have no control over that.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:55   Link #254
maou87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I don't know the address of the web novel, and no, the spoilers aren't complete. There should still be a few parts, but since I'm not the one doing the spoilers (just compiling them), I have no control over that.
hmm... ok, tnx 4 d info.
maou87 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 07:55   Link #255
jaisy26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by maou87 View Post
can u tell me the web address of d web novel?
here
http://web.archive.org/web/201105132...tu.com/n2569f/

Thanks to Monstratboy from jcafe, You can use google translate like Monstratboy did
Or like tsunade did with software translation
jaisy26 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 08:08   Link #256
maou87
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisy26 View Post
here
http://web.archive.org/web/201105132...tu.com/n2569f/

Thanks to Monstratboy from jcafe, You can use google translate like Monstratboy did
Or like tsunade did with software translation
Yay! Thanks a lot...
maou87 is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 11:34   Link #257
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Spoilers have been updated again. Thanks again to raptorfalcon from jcafe

hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?5k6kllv75g71myi
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 13:07   Link #258
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
^thnx for that
Spoiler:

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-03-27 at 13:53.
Richocet is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 13:22   Link #259
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Spoiler for Richocet:
EnigmaticAxiom is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 13:57   Link #260
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Spoiler for Richocet:
Spoiler:
Richocet is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.