AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-25, 18:20   Link #161
blakstealth
's Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Why do they always gotta start off by having idol groups always going against nonsensical odds in nonsensical plots? I mean c'mon...a guerrilla group of idols? It reminds me of Xenoglossia. lol

Why can't they just be regular girls doing some fackin moe shiet or something. xD
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 18:35   Link #162
mochichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I think they just want it to be different and with the staffs working on it, it would be a waste if it's just moe craps + it's more interesting.
Beside, since they're including characters based off AKB48 members, the only AKB girl that would work in that moe/kawaii image is Mayuyu

Spoiler for sdf:


Everyone else don't have that kind of image, especially Itano Tomomi, Takahashi Minami, Akimoto Sayaka, Miyazawa Sae, and Shinoda Mariko. Yuki, Acchan, Yuko, and Kojima can be cute but not in the moe anime way.
I'll cut someone if they make Sayaka moe......I'm not even kidding..

Spoiler for s:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 18:49   Link #163
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Why do they always gotta start off by having idol groups always going against nonsensical odds in nonsensical plots? I mean c'mon...a guerrilla group of idols? It reminds me of Xenoglossia. lol

Why can't they just be regular girls doing some fackin moe shiet or something. xD
C'mon, man, I have nothing against IM@S, genuinely enjoyed the story (and how things work out at 765) and gave it an 8/10 score (and in fact, one top member -- Rena Matsui -- of SKE48 is an IM@S fangirl who also asked the staff to do some corrections), but as I have stated before, this show will be much different from Xenoglossia, but with real enemies; it's more on action and drama than slice-of-life.

Otherwise it'll be terribly boring if 0048 were to be made as a (yet another) slice-of-life show, and there's already dozens of slice-of-life shows floating around.

Anyway, since Namco Bandai is responsible for developing and publishing both Idolmaster and AKB1/48: Idol to Koishitara, and given that there are a lot of crossover games of late, I'll not be surprised if the girls of 765 suddenly have to compete with the 0048 girls in a crossover game in the near future.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-25 at 19:35.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 20:22   Link #164
blakstealth
's Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I didn't mean it was explicitly similar to Xeno if you interpreted my post like that, just the premise of it(I've never watched it lol).

And I hope you're right.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 21:10   Link #165
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
But premises' doesn't mean sh#t.

How many times have we seem a mech anime start with a teenager with a uber mech saving the world and bring peace?

Or a protagonist with no talent working hard toward realizing his/her dream...
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:37   Link #166
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AKB0048

Noticed that there's a blank page, ready to be filled out anytime soon.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:57   Link #167
blakstealth
's Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But premises' doesn't mean sh#t.

How many times have we seem a mech anime start with a teenager with a uber mech saving the world and bring peace?

Or a protagonist with no talent working hard toward realizing his/her dream...
I haven't seen any. :P
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 19:56   Link #168
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
I'm sure that given the dearth of extra detail, as the show is still under production until late next month, we can only speculate about the additional voice cast members, and hence other possible supporting characters.

As I see it, given the size of the "mothership" (as seen in the PV), the "Godly Nine" would also require dozens and even hundreds of people to provide them assistance behind the scenes (almost just the same way that stage staff work behind the scenes to help the girls during their performances), as well as countless number of underground sympathizers.

I can only speculate how the command structure of the "Godly Nine" would look like: Takamina is, of course, the team captain, but Aachan is the team's center and hence the identifying face of the group; given that she's somewhat nerdy in nature, I'm sure Mayuyu would be the resident tech geek of the team, fooling around with electronics and communication equipment; and Sayaka (as she's the one throwing grenades while singing) is one of their combat specialists.

On the other hand, given the amount of exposure time in the PV (and her central position in the official artwork), Nagisa Motomiya would most likely to be the main protagonist, the would-be "center" of the research students.

----------------
Wow. Never thought that Sayaka's mom came from my country (just like Megumi Nakajima), and also... damn, she's the strongest Captain in the whole crew, and would sometimes cosplay as a warrior. It is only fitting that Ayako Kawasumi's (given her credo as Saber) taking this fighting role and throw everything she has at her opponents.

----------------
Hehe, great job Shawako did there:
http://ameblo.jp/ske48official/entry-11205626966.html
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-27 at 11:40.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 20:18   Link #169
mochichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Wasn't Yuko throwing grenade too? lol I think it's still too early to speculate their roles in the anime but pretty sure it's close to their real life personality.

All I know is....I want some pervy Yuko boob grabbing
It's not the same if the pervy squirrels don't sexual harass someone

Spoiler for a:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 02:28   Link #170
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm skipping this one for sure after watching the trailer. The character designs are very bland like some people here have said. The all look too similar and most of them are too young. At least iM@S had a diverse age group. There is no way it will be the same level of quality as the iDOLM@STER. I just don't have any hype for this show.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 02:56   Link #171
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm skipping this one for sure after watching the trailer. The character designs are very bland like some people here have said. The all look too similar and most of them are too young. At least iM@S had a diverse age group. There is no way it will be the same level of quality as the iDOLM@STER. I just don't have any hype for this show.
No problem if you wish to skip, but as this is really a risky piece of work, with little information other than being put out on the official site and elsewhere, we'll really never know how it'll be effective until it gets aired.

Therefore we can't simply estimate the potential impact of a show on the basis of the PV alone. You and I could be right or wrong, except for who's actually working behind the scenes, which is far more significant.

However, remember that Madoka Magica, while having cute-looking yet seemingly generic characters and hence a generic-looking magical girl show but never based from any original work (and also probably one of the least anticipated shows on that Winter 2011), it became a sleeper hit on the strength of its storytelling and unexpected dark twist by the third episode.
__________________

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-28 at 03:11.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:57   Link #172
mochichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm skipping this one for sure after watching the trailer. The character designs are very bland like some people here have said. The all look too similar and most of them are too young. At least iM@S had a diverse age group. There is no way it will be the same level of quality as the iDOLM@STER. I just don't have any hype for this show.
But you forgot the staffs that's working on it. Considering so many big names and big name seiyuus are in this, don't you think there's potentials to be good? Personally I don't like the artstyle either but because of the big names that are working on this, i'm curious as to how this could go.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:31   Link #173
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
There is no way it will be the same level of quality as the iDOLM@STER. I just don't have any hype for this show.
iDOLM@STER doesn't have epic space battles,this looks like it does.

If this is an action packed blockbuster like Aquarion EVOL but with idols instead of gattai mechas I'll love it.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:34   Link #174
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
iDOLM@STER doesn't have epic space battles,this looks like it does.

If this is an action packed blockbuster like Aquarion EVOL but with idols instead of gattai mechas I'll love it.
And yuri shipping trolling to boot since the head writer is none other than the (in)famous Mari Okada
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 12:21   Link #175
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
No problem if you wish to skip, but as this is really a risky piece of work, with little information other than being put out on the official site and elsewhere, we'll really never know how it'll be effective until it gets aired.

Therefore we can't simply estimate the potential impact of a show on the basis of the PV alone. You and I could be right or wrong, except for who's actually working behind the scenes, which is far more significant.

However, remember that Madoka Magica, while having cute-looking yet seemingly generic characters and hence a generic-looking magical girl show but never based from any original work (and also probably one of the least anticipated shows on that Winter 2011), it became a sleeper hit on the strength of its storytelling and unexpected dark twist by the third episode.
Well we'll see how it turns out then. I'll be surprised if it's actually good, but that's still a long shot though.

So the spring season starts late April?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 12:28   Link #176
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
On the 27th. Kawamori's throwing the dice here, with all his chips stacked up on the table -- I mean, it'll be the riskiest thing ever in his career, and with a powerful customer that just gave him a blank check, it'll be sink or swim.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 14:33   Link #177
E_I
Yuri fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
And yuri shipping trolling to boot since the head writer is none other than the (in)famous Mari Okada
I looked at her ANN profile and damn. she's done a lot of stuff. ToraDora, Hanasaku Iroha, BRS...
Main director is the designer of the Macross, Eureka 7, and Basquash mecha.
Director is the guy behind Wagnaria.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 14:43   Link #178
E_I
Yuri fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Another thing...why is this anime starting so late? Is it going to be eight episodes like BRS was.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 15:03   Link #179
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Another thing...why is this anime starting so late? Is it going to be eight episodes like BRS was.
Split 2 cour,26 episodes total.No idea why it's starting late.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 15:28   Link #180
mochichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Maybe it's due to AKB schedules? Some of the girls like Mayuyu and Kuumin that play the main roles are popular in their group so I think they're more busy with promotion since Mayuyu got that Sabadoll drama and her Synchro Tokimeki promotion at the same time.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.