AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-28, 17:28   Link #81
tminty1
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't want Smoker to die yet. And this chapter made me really dislike Law.
__________________
tminty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:33   Link #82
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tminty1 View Post
I don't want Smoker to die yet. And this chapter made me really dislike Law.
You're probably very alone on the "we hate Law" boat after this chapter.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:36   Link #83
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
'Mes' means 'month' in Spanish, but I don't think this is related to Law's technique in any way.^^ The end of the battle caught me by surprise though. I've always thought that Smoker was reserved for Luffy to defeat. Sure, it can still happen at this point, but him being beaten by Law would take a whole lot of impact out of Luffy's victory over Smoker.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:45   Link #84
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
'Mes' means 'month' in Spanish, but I don't think this is related to Law's technique in any way.^^
"Mes" is also the Japanese word for "scalpel". Considering Law's theme of a doctor/surgeon, it makes tons of sense.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:54   Link #85
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. I also like how his name fits his dragon fruit ability. Oda definately put some thought in creating this character.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:55   Link #86
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Chapter 662
Smoker pulled off pretty good fight, it is a shame he lost to laws little trick. The PH boss finally knows now who he is dealing with. Has for Law he is not a strong fighter compared to smoker but he is a smart one. To totally defeat a logia does require skill and thought if you don't know there weakness. I give law a lot of respect for that. For some of those who have made quick judgements on smoker and written him off has weak, what will you say about him if Luffy or zoro defeat law and Smoker ends up defeating or making the Straw Hats retreat?

Hind Site 20/20
I didn't see Law's new power coming but I thought smoker fighting on law turf pretty foolish, Even if smoker would have won the path he took would still have been foolish. My thought process was fill the whole room up with smoke and force law out of the room. Because if you look at this chapter and the last most of laws fighting abilities come from his devil fruit powers when he is in the room. His abilities to go fast or teleport seems to hinge on if he is in the room. Even if Law made another room you could keep filling them up and forcing him back and do hit and run attacks on him. This fight disappoints me because Smoker even explained how Law's power worked. Yet smoker decided to do a one on one fight with Law inside the room. Smoker's fate is his own fault. But he is not out of the fight yet. His heart is kept in a container. Law used the special move "Mes" on smoker. The heart looks contained rather then running free like shambles were your body part are all over the place. This is just a prediction but if Law fights with Luffy, and Law looses focus of the heart , Smoker might be back into the fight. Because if I were smoker I would convert my captured heart back to smoke and rejoin it to my body once I know Law has no control over it. Is Smoker unconscious or just paralyzed? I would say he should be dead but this is law's power we are talking about.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:04   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
a lot of talk about smoker being defeat but no one is discussing some of the more interesting info reveal here.

1. The Dragon was created by Vegapunk
2. When Smoker ask who Law was working for, Law reply with a question to Smoker about what the Marines are up to.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:25   Link #88
Jouten
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You're probably very alone on the "we hate Law" boat after this chapter.
I actually I'm rowing in it, too...
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gvH5ATjShc
Gear Third: Gomu Gomu Giganto Pistol!
Jouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:27   Link #89
Talendra
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I'm quite surprised everyone thinks Smoker has lost already

Yea, Law got his heart. So what?

As we have seen with a certain samurai, his lower part could still go around kicking; without a heart (or a brain, for that matter) attached. Same with all the other parts of people Law separated so far, none suffered beyond coordination/physical limitaction due to being re-attached to whatever Law saw fit. So why would this case be the sole exception, why seperating one part of the body beats the opponent straight?

For all we know, if Law tried to crush Smokers heart, as in to prevent his remaining body to continue the fight, the heart could easily turn to smoke and we might be where we started.
Talendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:48   Link #90
gazawraith
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Smoker's pride must be really hurt now, I feel really sorry for him. If he dies now that would be saddest thing ever to happen in One Piece
Usopp leaving the crew

Robin begging to live

Going Merry funeral

Whitebeard's death

Ace's Death

this really the saddest?
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:04   Link #91
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
For all we know, if Law tried to crush Smokers heart, as in to prevent his remaining body to continue the fight, the heart could easily turn to smoke and we might be where we started.
Smoker's body parts are usually connected by smoke when he separates. If it's contained inside a cube, that means smoke can't get to it. If it would just turn to smoke, there would have been no point in keeling over. He could've just kept attacking.

Smoker will probably die regardless of what Law does. His heart is now exposed to the extreme cold.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:09   Link #92
gazawraith
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I really would like for zorro to see Taishigi again...
maybe there will be an event in the future where Zoro changes into a girl and Taishigi changes into a man(Law's shambles or Ivankovs), and they fought to prove that being a master swordsman doesnt have to do with being a boy or a girl.....

As far as I can see from One Piece, there is no Zoro arc... only a flash back...
I wonder when will it be Zoro's arc...
Zoro had the Morgan Arc.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:15   Link #93
Diveman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Something ive been wondering, if Law's ability only affects people inside the room, why is the samurai still split into diff parts? unless they can only go back to their original shape by Law's doing, then it would make sense.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:52   Link #94
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
After reading the chapter I'm wonder just how powerful Law's Ope-ope is, could it withstand something like the combined power of Yami-Yami & Gura-Gura?
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 21:38   Link #95
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
As we have seen with a certain samurai, his lower part could still go around kicking; without a heart (or a brain, for that matter) attached. Same with all the other parts of people Law separated so far, none suffered beyond coordination/physical limitaction due to being re-attached to whatever Law saw fit. So why would this case be the sole exception, why seperating one part of the body beats the opponent straight?
Because in every other case we've seen Law use his powers, people were up and functioning right away; albeit disoriented. Smoker however has slump over and fallen showing no signs that his body functions. Whatever Law has done, its is different than what he's done to everyone else
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 22:14   Link #96
velocd
/facepalm
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Did anyone notice that Law's room closed around Smoker's heart the panel before he took it out?

That's probably what 'Mes' is.
From a surgical standpoint that would make sense. Heart surgery could imply Law needs to direct his focus and shrink Room around the organ to carefully extract it. That said, his Room so far have been spherical -- not to say they can't be square. Also, I think Law can only have 1 Room at a time - we haven't seen simultaneous Room, and I think that would be a little overpowered even by Oda's standards.. paramecia usually have restraints. If that is his room around the heart, does that mean Law is defenseless until he frees Smoker's heart?

Quote:
Something ive been wondering, if Law's ability only affects people inside the room, why is the samurai still split into diff parts? unless they can only go back to their original shape by Law's doing, then it would make sense.
Law can only perform his "surgical" abilities inside Room, but the effects thus far appear permanent regardless of Room -- as evident by the samurai. The samurai was separated from his parts (and still is), he hasn't had the chance to reattach. The parts can also stick to people, as when Luffy had the samurai's torso stuck to him pretending to be a centaur, or parts can be stuck to other parts, as evident in this chapter with the marine who says "your right arm is my left leg!". Also see chapter 504 and Law against marines outside the auction house.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 22:44   Link #97
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Whelp, I REALLY can't see Smoker dying here.... he's the Garp to Roger in this generation.... Roger being portrayed by Luffy~


I'm gonna assume something will happen that makes Luffy want Smoker's heart back in him, which will once again make Smoker let Strawhat get away in the end, much like back in Alabasta.
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 01:24   Link #98
randomlex
In the eye of the storm
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
It looks to me that Law switched the *personalities* of Sanji, Chopper, Franky and Nami - if it were their actual hearts, they would've been drawn like real hearts just like Smoker's, plus the SH's would've seen them flying instead of just saying "well, that felt weird"...

So Law can manipulate non-tangible things in his Room, like Kuma can push the pain out of a body...
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 01:42   Link #99
aimboy234
Proud Filipino
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philippines
Law was always been my least favorite supernova, because of the reason that he's df was somehow "copied" out of Captain Buggy's Df. And am I the only one thinking that Law can be a mere puppet of DoFlamingo, as he has said before that "someone" was behind him. And also he's jolly roger look pretty like the same as bellamy's jolly roger. So I assume that DoFlamingo was really the main villain of this arc.
__________________
aimboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 02:08   Link #100
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
Law was always been my least favorite supernova, because of the reason that he's df was somehow "copied" out of Captain Buggy's Df. And am I the only one thinking that Law can be a mere puppet of DoFlamingo, as he has said before that "someone" was behind him. And also he's jolly roger look pretty like the same as bellamy's jolly roger. So I assume that DoFlamingo was really the main villain of this arc.
I think the "someone behind him" was M...or whoever that wispy guy is with the Happy Harpy.
And as we have seen...the only thing his df relates to Buggy's is the ability to split things apart, however we've been shown that it can do much more than just that.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.