AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 21:24   Link #461
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, what I mean is that after certain point science doesn't matters anymore.
I guess u mean it hits DIVINE after science can't explain it.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:06   Link #462
Miraluka
18 forever

Yeah, due science (of our world) can't do anything to explain the science (of Toaru's world) after getting up to divine levels.

Deal with it!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-03-30 at 08:20. Reason: TYPO
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 13:09   Link #463
kitten320

Better question would be what can block his arm, it starts to get annoying -_-
Old 2011-01-30, 17:31   Link #464
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Better question would be what can block his arm, it starts to get annoying -_-
Punching it,pounding it,shocking it,anything not supernatural. DON'T slice it off though. If u do ur dead or will shit urself or have ur chest feel so tight it might rip from the fear of what'll happen.
Old 2011-01-31, 01:59   Link #465
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

How was he able to stop the explosion in episode 7 of Railgun when the explosion was a side effect of the can collapsing on itself?
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 02:27   Link #466
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero View Post
How was he able to stop the explosion in episode 7 of Railgun when the explosion was a side effect of the can collapsing on itself?
The explosion created directly through an esper power still counts as supernatural, otherwise the heat from supernatural fire or lightning can still hurt him.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 06:37   Link #467
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero View Post
Now if the can had shards shooting at him he cant stop that.
Old 2011-01-31, 07:10   Link #468
tsunade666

he can still stop it because the force behind it is the impact of the explosion created by the super natural ability but the problem is if the fragment is strips in sharp edge.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:39   Link #469
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Punching it,pounding it,shocking it,anything not supernatural. DON'T slice it off though. If u do ur dead or will shit urself or have ur chest feel so tight it might rip from the fear of what'll happen.
Hell I think don't do anything to the arm...best chance anyone in the series have so far of taking him down may be those thugs in the first ep....
Old 2011-02-03, 11:03   Link #470
giorno

meh, pretty sure Kaori would have had a better chance, if she wanted to...also, misha and tsuchimikado
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 00:30   Link #471
GourryGabriev29

First of all I have only seen the anime and some of the manga untranslated. not sure if the light novels and manga will be translated now that Funimation has picked up season 1 of Index and the Rail-gun side story series, but one can hope.. Anyway I looked at all posts and Touma and what he can block and yeah i know its an old dead topic but i just had to put my opinion on something I did not see posted.

In Regards to Mikoto's Rail-gun attack, depending if what you go by(again only see less than most of you) he can seemingly block her attack with his right hand. Now was this do to an error in the creator or was it intentional because Touma is a main character and face it Mikoto's rail-gun could kill. It certainly will injure, take for example last episode in the Rail-gun anime. She fired it first at Gensei's granddaughter, who stated she knew all attack pattern and the rail-gun with the coin has a range of 50 meters, yet Mikoto states that coins are not the only thing she can use and then of course uses part of the broken mech arm. Does this change things for Touma or not, no one really can say.

Also in regards to Touma, was it instinct that he put his right hand up to stop her attack or was it something more. again debatable. but one thing I think we all can agree on is that if his right hand was not planned in each occurrence to stop her attack, most likely he would be hurt by her rail-gun since it wold hit someplace other that his hand.

But of course with all that is said and done in both the manga, novels and anime chances are slim to none that that will ever be seen or read happening.
GourryGabriev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 01:38   Link #472
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

I guess that's why the Index anime changed it to Mikoto shocking Touma instead of firing Railgun at him.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 05:22   Link #473
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama Send a message via Skype™ to hao-sama
touma has precognition. he'll probably react to mikoto's powers without fail unless there were extenuating circumstances.

there are multiple evidences that touma can block a railgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 1
"If my right hand comes into contact with... any special ability, be it a nuke-level fireball or a tactical railgun, even a miracle of God can be dispelled."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 9
―You…you just wait and see……! I‘ll make you regret saying that the loser has to play a penalty game and obey the winner!!

"……What will she do to me……? Wait…wait a minute. Don‘t tell me she‘s going to play railgun catching with me (with me being the catcher) until the sun sets? I don‘t want to play this sort of catching game with her……!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 10
Hearing such an exaggerated voice, Mikoto‘s body starts to tremble. Thunder roars as blue and white sparks emit from her body. Even if she releases a lightning strike, it‘ll be ineffective against that boy.

It seems that even the railgun won‘t hurt him.
although we have this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 1
If that girl's ESP "Railgun" was the result of a strange talent, then it was no exception.

However, Kamijou's [Imagine Breaker] only works on the power of strange talents. To put it simply, it protects him from an ESP's fireball, but not the ash and smoke the fireball created. Its effectiveness was also limited to "from the right wrist onward"; if any other place were to be hit by that fireball, it would be consumed by flames.
well... smoke and ash is created when a fireball actually hits or burns something. fire by itself in superpowers don't make those.

as for the graviton explosion, i believe that the explosion itself is from the energy released when the gravitons were accelerated. wouldn't protect him from shrapnel though, but i'm pretty sure any stray aluminum would've melted from a blast of that power.
Old 2012-03-30, 16:02   Link #474
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

oh god this topic again.