AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-01, 12:27   Link #1
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Fate/Zero - Speculation & Theories (for First-time Anime Viewers)

This thread is aimed at first time viewers of Fate/Zero and its purpose is to allow spoiler free speculation and theories to be aired. Having them in a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads. If you are knowledgeable of the light novel and wish to speculate or discuss theories, then please do not post in this thread (use the Fate/Zero Spoilers and Speculation Thread) and do not give away any spoilers in this thread!

Unacceptable post topics:
  • Any form of spoiler from Fate/ Series Light novel.
  • Any form of spoilers from visual novels (Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia).

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Magazine previews are an exception to the said rule. You are allowed to discuss those. (Properly labeled spoiler tags required).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-10-02 at 15:02.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 09:04   Link #2
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Um, Fate/Zero's source material is a light novel, not a manga, so you might wanna clarify that so as not to confuse people about what kind of spoilers are unacceptable.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 12:38   Link #3
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it's a pretty standard 'don't spoil' heading. If someone ignores it based on the source being light novel and not manga think they are intentionally ignoring the point.

Though getting a berserker takes away something of the personality we're getting, curious to see who Kariya gets here. If his father was serious about being fitting there are some guesses. Maybe one of the simplest guesses is Lancelot. Creates some possible conflict if going up against Saber though hard to have much reunion with a berserker . Been a while since I read up on the Arthur legends, but figure a knight who falls for a girl who is obviously already involved. Besides Berserker might not be so unfitting at some points of his history.

At least we know a couple servants that will be involved here with Saber and Gilgamesh. Plus Kirei's Assassin Hassan.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 13:36   Link #4
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well it's a pretty standard 'don't spoil' heading. If someone ignores it based on the source being light novel and not manga think they are intentionally ignoring the point.
It never hurts to be cautious. With all the self-aggrandising spoiler-happy people out there, it's best to avoid giving them any excuse whatsoever to get away with it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 14:33   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
It never hurts to be cautious. With all the self-aggrandising spoiler-happy people out there, it's best to avoid giving them any excuse whatsoever to get away with it.
That's true enough. Though in the end can only hope people will think.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 15:02   Link #6
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
This is indeed the usual spoiler template. I forgot to edit it, unlike the spoiler/speculation one, meh. It has been fixed.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:45   Link #7
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Throwing out a theory here: Kiritsugu's wife is going to die. I say this because she's one of the few characters that we see a lot of who's neither a Master or Servant. That and the pair tend to interact as if one of them will die and I don't see it being Kiritsugu eho dies as that seems too obvious.
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:09   Link #8
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Throwing out a theory here: Kiritsugu's wife is going to die. I say this because she's one of the few characters that we see a lot of who's neither a Master or Servant. That and the pair tend to interact as if one of them will die and I don't see it being Kiritsugu eho dies as that seems too obvious.
Well, considering one of the very first lines by Kiritsugu in the very first episode is "Iri. I will... cause your death." I'd say that's a fairly safe theory.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:26   Link #9
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though getting a berserker takes away something of the personality we're getting, curious to see who Kariya gets here. If his father was serious about being fitting there are some guesses. Maybe one of the simplest guesses is Lancelot. Creates some possible conflict if going up against Saber though hard to have much reunion with a berserker . Been a while since I read up on the Arthur legends, but figure a knight who falls for a girl who is obviously already involved. Besides Berserker might not be so unfitting at some points of his history.
Agreed on that speculation, since he went Berserk went Guinevere was about to be killed. Besides, the ending video shows Berserker in knight armor in a lake, and Lancelot is the only person I could think of that matches those clues. Lancelot of the Lake, after all.
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 00:50   Link #10
Yuutsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 雲の向こう
I've read a decent amount of King Arthur in my time, and... to be honest, I've never heard of the description "of the lake" attached to Lancelot, before.

Then again, I haven't actually read any of the legitimate books such as L'Morte D'Arthur or the Vulgate cycle.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 01:56   Link #11
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Though how often is Arthur a woman?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 08:34   Link #12
Ringil
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
I've read a decent amount of King Arthur in my time, and... to be honest, I've never heard of the description "of the lake" attached to Lancelot, before.

Then again, I haven't actually read any of the legitimate books such as L'Morte D'Arthur or the Vulgate cycle.
From Wikipedia: "And against King Arthur, to whom William Bowman Piper suggests all knights owe selfless respect, according to Arthurian politics. It also Chrétien who first gives Lancelot the name Lancelot du Lac (“Lancelot of the Lake”) which was later picked up by the Anglo-French Lancelot-Grail and then Malory."

It's a descriptor that's been used many times (see the movie named Lancelot du Lac)
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 02:33   Link #13
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Agreed on that speculation, since he went Berserk went Guinevere was about to be killed. Besides, the ending video shows Berserker in knight armor in a lake, and Lancelot is the only person I could think of that matches those clues. Lancelot of the Lake, after all.
If that's the case I can't wait to see him show his face to Saber. It's setting up for some really tasty scenarios.

Also, I'm not too sure how much I know are the ones that spoiled me in the past, so if I accidentally tripped over a mine I ask the mod please edit it or let me know. So we are assuming that we know nothing of the events from F/SN is that right?

Speaking of which, that smile from Kotomine in the official trailer looks so sadistic, especially when put immediately after the scene before it. Those two probably unrelated, but just creates that feeling.

I wish someone could translate the dialogue said in that trailer. Seems like there are a lot of information.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:43   Link #14
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Berserker is the Black Knight, tis only a scratch.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.