AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-02, 18:25   Link #4081
Anime-fan10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's been a while since I've seen this show, but I would sort of agree that this show is rather "emotionally intense" since there is a fair bit of drama that gets extended through the whole show and causes a lot of tension. I do enjoy these sorts of shows, but I do agree that they can be a bit draining. I suppose this is why they only show up every once in a while, and it's much more common to have shows that are either more light-hearted/comedic, or mix in other elements to spread the focus. It's perhaps particularly noteworthy that with Amagami (the next game in the series) they chose a much less "tense" approach by giving each character her own set of episodes to tell her own romance story. While this approach also has some downsides (namely the lack of a cohesive linear narrative and consistent characterization), it seems to have been a bit more popular on the domestic front and perhaps reflects the game's style a bit more closely.

Given that it's been so long, I am a bit curious about re-watching the show. I think that, as is often the case in this genre, knowing where things are headed gives you a different perspective on earlier events, and insight into some more subtle clues/hints you might have missed the first time around. In a way it can also be a bit less intense the second time, but I still find myself getting caught up in it again even when re-watching.
Yeah, sometimes I find myself catching things I hadn't originally as well. It's the same for me when it comes to books and movies. I definitely understand how you feel in regards to getting caught up in those emotions all over again. I honestly don't think I've seen a romance anime like this which has had such an emotionally draining impact on me. It's been a couple of days and I'm still feeling some of those emotions, not as strongly, but they're definitely still here for me to tap into if I think about it. I really enjoyed KimiKiss, but I just don't know if I can ever watch it again. I find it really interesting in regards to what you said about this type of anime only coming around once in a while while light-hearted romance anime is released more frequently; I agree w/ that b/c I haven't noticed many anime like KimiKiss lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I re-watched this not too long ago and enjoyed it. Definitely a good series to re-watch.
Yeah, it's a very good series, but I definitely can't watch this any time soon again. Not sure if I can watch it ever again, haha. This anime was such a roller coaster of emotions for me.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 19:43   Link #4082
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
Yeah, it's a very good series, but I definitely can't watch this any time soon again. Not sure if I can watch it ever again, haha. This anime was such a roller coaster of emotions for me.
You should watch Rumbling Hearts, True Tears, Clannad/After Story and ef - a tale of memories/melodies if you haven't yet.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 20:43   Link #4083
Anime-fan10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You should watch Rumbling Hearts, True Tears, Clannad/After Story and ef - a tale of memories/melodies if you haven't yet.
I saw Rumbling Hearts, it was pretty good and very emotional as well. KimiKiss was longer and I watched it over a longer period of time so it made a bigger impact on me. They both have a great story though, but KimiKiss just hit me like a ton of bricks when I finished watching it while Rumbling Hearts hit me w/ a couple of bricks, haha. I haven't checked out the other ones, but I'll look into them, thanks. I just don't think I'll be watching Clannad b/c the girls all look the same to me and I like to watch anime where the girls are mature, older looking, and physically distinct from one another. I'll def look into the other ones though, thanks.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 21:04   Link #4084
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
I saw Rumbling Hearts, it was pretty good and very emotional as well. KimiKiss was longer and I watched it over a longer period of time so it made a bigger impact on me. They both have a great story though, but KimiKiss just hit me like a ton of bricks when I finished watching it while Rumbling Hearts hit me w/ a couple of bricks, haha. I haven't checked out the other ones, but I'll look into them, thanks. I just don't think I'll be watching Clannad b/c the girls all look the same to me and I like to watch anime where the girls are mature, older looking, and physically distinct from one another. I'll def look into the other ones though, thanks.
Do not discount a series based on character design alone, otherwise you will miss out on some of the greatest anime series of all time, such as Clannad and Madoka Magica.

Clannad, the first season, is fun with wonderful romance and some nice drama; the second season, Clannad After Story, will leave a special place in your heart forever. Trust me, watch it.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 08:35   Link #4085
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
Clannad is awesome, especially the alternative world OVAs.

And True Tears is done on high level too.

I personally watched True Tears first and then via MAL recommendation I found Kimikiss. Now I consider both series the perfect example in romance genre.
__________________
I can’t sleep tonight…fish girl, sing me a song!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 16:30   Link #4086
Anime-fan10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Do not discount a series based on character design alone, otherwise you will miss out on some of the greatest anime series of all time, such as Clannad and Madoka Magica.

Clannad, the first season, is fun with wonderful romance and some nice drama; the second season, Clannad After Story, will leave a special place in your heart forever. Trust me, watch it.
I understand what you're saying, but it's difficult for me to get into an anime when the character design doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps I'll check it out and see how I feel after a few episodes, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Clannad is awesome, especially the alternative world OVAs.

And True Tears is done on high level too.

I personally watched True Tears first and then via MAL recommendation I found Kimikiss. Now I consider both series the perfect example in romance genre.

I have to check out True Tears as well when I get a chance.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 21:06   Link #4087
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Looking back on this series, it's much too bad that they didn't try the Amagami omnibus format with it. I'm a fan of seiyuus like Ryou Hirohashi, Ami Koshimizu, and Rie Tanaka, and I'm greatly disappointed we didn't get to see their characters' routes in more detail.

Does anyone have summaries of each character's routes in the game? I know those have arisen for Enterbrain's later games, Amagami and PhotoKano.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.