AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 26.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-03, 03:28   Link #61
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
perhaps Mikage merely put Jin in a death like sleep that would fool anyone and plans to use him as his pawn later on. Perhaps as the third pilot with the original Aquarion. I can see the EVOL fighting the original Aquarion at the end of the series as part of the breaking fate theme. The original Aquarion is defeated and Jin is freed.
I think if Jin were to come back, it would be in a cameo at the end of the anime, in an epilogue or something where we see he's been reborn. Right now though, considering he's 6 feet under, I would prefer for him to stay dead. Aquarion has many things, but I'd rather not see zombies.
Mangaka-chan is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 06:26   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It wouldn't seem weird at all. Strentening the bond so that the loss has a bigger impact.

Just saying.
No, not loss- Resolve.

The resolve to get her back- Amata's going, Cayenne as well, Shrade is going because he's not afraid of a little suicide mission, Andy is going because he's that kind of bro, Mix is going but don't get her wrong- it's not because of Andy, Yunoha owns Mikono a small debt for helping her connect with her dead lover, Sazanka is going because it's the planet of the bishounens.

I have no idea what Malloy is going to do though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
If Mikono is going to be taking away I'll regret forever to not have seen her interact more with Cayenne and Zessica. Damn those autors for being such shipperfags.
Lol irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Both girls had some sort of chemistry the few times they interact, that I wouldn't have mind some yuri here. And I'm not usually a yuri fan.
...You know, I've already conceded to the fact that you and I are watching a different show, but how the heck did you get 'good chemistry' from them ?

In fact, some times I think that term is misused in alot of ways... >.>
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 06:30   Link #63
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
for a minute there i thought Mikono's element powers is that she can revive the dead but no, cuz that would ruin something.....
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 06:46   Link #64
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It would seem weird to take away Mikono right after she just strengthen her bond with everybody else, but then again that might be the motivation for the entire cast and not just Amata to have the resolve to get her back, at the same time I can't see Mikono willing to leave, not when she was so desperate not to lose her friends in this episode.
Well, if Aquarion EVOL taught us something, it's that each progress made is followed by a loss/cockblock/whatever, so I wouldn't call that weird, but obvious instead.

I'm curious to see Mikono's reactions this time anyways, because she seems more self-confident than ever, to the point to being able to choose to go to Altair leave Daeva willingly, for some unknown reason (likely to save her friends from a Mykage/Kagura threat). It would be interesting seeing an Amata new misunderstanding.

Even if I don't feel it, I mean, I don't believe that the "abduction" will last more than one episode (in between two episodes, to have the cliffhanger). It looks like they don't know how to handle the Kagura / Mikono interactions. Unless they'll put Mikono in a coma after the so-called wedding. But really I can't see Amata having his mother and his wannabe girlfriend in a coma together
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 06:58   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'm curious to see Mikono's reactions this time anyways, because she seems more self-confident than ever, to the point to being able to choose to go to Altair leave Daeva willingly, for some unknown reason (likely to save her friends from a Mykage/Kagura threat). It would be interesting seeing an Amata new misunderstanding.

I don't buy that. If Kagura isn't a big enough threat in the previous episode with a mecha and a gate and all, he's never going to amount to anything great. And if Mykage is involve, do you really think he needs Mikono's 'permission' to take her away? He certainly didn't with Donar's ex-lover.

So no matter which way you slice this pineapple, I strongly disagree that she'll leave willing.

And about Amata, I'm willing to place a bit of faith in him that this episode has resolved his worries about being abandoned again.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 06:58   Link #66
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I hope the abduction is going to last for a littlet while. For I've found the very few moments because Mikono and Kagura to be extremelly entertaining, while I've found the maiden extremelly dull (and also a bit of annoying) interacting with Amata.

There is so much potential here.

Now if they leave her at neo Deava, they'd better compensate by giving me my Zess Mikono goodness at least.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 07:38   Link #67
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And about Amata, I'm willing to place a bit of faith in him that this episode has resolved his worries about being abandoned again.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Resolved for the moment, yes - Mikono said she would be there waiting for him (along with the others) and she was indeed there, wishing him a happy birthday (lol ) etc. But there was a huge emphasis on Kagura taking her and him being left alone again (even Zessica's part was focused on that). But I think this experience, especially Mikono saying that she'll be waiting for him, will probably give Amata more strength to go "OH NO YOU DON'T" to Kagura when the time eventually comes. My prediction: the black wedding happens, Mikono is taken away either to Altair or somewhere else where the gang can't reach her, Amata goes all angstmopeangst for a while until someone (Zessica? Fudou? Andy?) kicks his ass into action and then we'll see the Amata vs Kagura fight from the OP leading to Mikono's powers going haywire and Kagura and Amata ending up totally into each other ahem. *cough*

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-03 at 07:50.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:21   Link #68
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...You know, I've already conceded to the fact that you and I are watching a different show, but how the heck did you get 'good chemistry' from them ?
Yeah, even I, as a pretty big yuri fan, have a hard time imagining Mikono/Zessica.

Don't get me wrong - they're both attractive, so I can get the appeal of it - but I have a hard time seeing it.

Zessica/Mix is the most likely yuri pairing I can see in this show, as Mix is just as tsundere towards Zessica as she is a certain Digging Bros. But I'd rather Mr. Hole-Maker not get a permanent hole in his own heart.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:21   Link #69
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
wow, rarely we have an anime that focuses so much on life and death...a good thumb up to staffs who are willing to go this far XD

Spoiler for spoiler for what might happen in next episode?:
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:30   Link #70
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: Zessica x Mikono, I don't see any particular chemistry either (too bad... I really wanted them to be friends) but they're both cute and pretty and I like cute and pretty things, so I'd really appreciate some tasteful artwork and such about them. (Dammit pixiv, why do you fail me again?? I have nothing against Jin x Yunoha but pixiv's obsession with them is getting a bit ridiculous. ^^;; )
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:39   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Resolved for the moment, yes - Mikono said she would be there waiting for him (along with the others) and she was indeed there, wishing him a happy birthday (lol ) etc. But there was a huge emphasis on Kagura taking her and him being left alone again (even Zessica's part was focused on that). But I think this experience, especially Mikono saying that she'll be waiting for him, will probably give Amata more strength to go "OH NO YOU DON'T" to Kagura when the time eventually comes. My prediction: the black wedding happens, Mikono is taken away either to Altair or somewhere else where the gang can't reach her, Amata goes all angstmopeangst for a while until someone (Zessica? Fudou? Andy?) kicks his ass into action and then we'll see the Amata vs Kagura fight from the OP leading to Mikono's powers going haywire and Kagura and Amata ending up totally into each other ahem. *cough*

I'll admit given the style of writing we've been experiencing, I cannot in good faith strongly claim that your scenario is in the realm of impossibility- But you have to admit that scenario is like kicking a guy when he's down, and then stealing his money...

...In other words, it'll makes you feel like crap >.> So I'm really hoping it doesn't go down that way... On a positive note, the writing has given us plenty of surprises that defiles expectations, so maybe there is hope for something less negative unlike... You know, that other series that used the same voice acting cast >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, even I, as a pretty big yuri fan, have a hard time imagining Mikono/Zessica.

Don't get me wrong - they're both attractive, so I can get the appeal of it - but I have a hard time seeing it.

Zessica/Mix is the most likely yuri pairing I can see in this show, as Mix is just as tsundere towards Zessica as she is a certain Digging Bros. But I'd rather Mr. Hole-Maker not get a permanent hole in his own heart.
Eh, I'm afraid you come to the wrong place to look for Yuri It's either Straight or Yaoi
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:40   Link #72
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't buy that. If Kagura isn't a big enough threat in the previous episode with a mecha and a gate and all, he's never going to amount to anything great. And if Mykage is involve, do you really think he needs Mikono's 'permission' to take her away? He certainly didn't with Donar's ex-lover.

So no matter which way you slice this pineapple, I strongly disagree that she'll leave willing.

And about Amata, I'm willing to place a bit of faith in him that this episode has resolved his worries about being abandoned again.
Well, about Mikono I was just guessing under the condition of a threat, not for anything else. But surely the abduction becomes less credible as the episodes pass. But we will have it.

About Amata I agree with kuromitsu (not with the very end ), his complex is still there. Why build-up a complex to resolve it now as a minor issue. I guess it will be a big issue for Amata when/if Mikono will be abducted, causing maybe another misunderstanding. for that reason I was guessing a sort of Mikono's will to be "abducted", for a more dramatic adverse setting for Amata.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:43   Link #73
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post


Eh, I'm afraid you come to the wrong place to look for Yuri It's either Straight or Yaoi
I never said I was looking for yuri here, Chaos.

I'm well-aware it's not likely in this show. I pointed to Zessica/Mix because that's the only pair of girls in this show that I could see even having a slim chance of developing yuri between them. But even that would be against the odds (Andy/Mix has been developed pretty well).
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 08:52   Link #74
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
If I were a gambler, I wouldn't take the "this episode resolved Amata's issues" bet *at all*...I'd take the "Amata has gone from being mopey about abandonment to making sure it won't happen" bet. Which, in turn, makes next episode perfect timing for the abduction...so we should be expecting something completely different?

I'm half expecting he'll try to fly up and through the dimension gate himself only to get turned back by a vision of Alisia . On this episode: any opinions on whether (a) Kagura gattai'd with everyone (but we didn't get to see it) or (b) Kagura didn't gattai (e.g. got warped in later, or was just hanging out and not included)? I know the show itself is ambiguous, so just trying to get some opinions.
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 09:22   Link #75
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
It would be weird if Mikono isn't abducted after all that building up.

But it's maybe where the Kawamori's trolling touch lies. Nothing hapening (Amata saving his princess Peach from the n th time) , and Kagura being team rocket status forever.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 09:25   Link #76
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'll admit given the style of writing we've been experiencing, I cannot in good faith strongly claim that your scenario is in the realm of impossibility- But you have to admit that scenario is like kicking a guy when he's down, and then stealing his money...
Well yeah, I wouldn't be happy about it either, but I think it'll happen sooner or later. I mean, Cayenne's vision will come true in one way or another, and I can't imagine any other solution than her being taken away somehow. And I can't imagine Amata not being angstmopeangst after seeing Mikono being taken away, because that'd be his worst nightmare coming true (re: issues). But then he'll remember her words and/or someone will give him a push, and bam, resolve found, duel initiated... or at least that's how the usual scenario would develop, and this is the most natural development I can think of. (I mean, Amata and Kagura will have to duel at one point... both being into the same girl and all. ) Oh well, it's GO AMATA GO as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
any opinions on whether (a) Kagura gattai'd with everyone (but we didn't get to see it) or (b) Kagura didn't gattai (e.g. got warped in later, or was just hanging out and not included)? I know the show itself is ambiguous, so just trying to get some opinions.
I don't think it was ambiguous - if he'd been part of the "gattai" the others would've noticed it, given the nature of a gattai. And I can't really see him just hanging around and not doing anything while Mikono is there. So I think he just appeared in the wrong moment (again...).
(Then again, did we ever see Molloy's gattai scene? Maybe in the background he was like "ooh, I feel something fuzzy... fuzzy and fluffy... with sharp teeth!")
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 10:23   Link #77
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
This Mikono's abduction would be one night long maximum and in Vega since Kagura came without mecha and to go to Altair you need mecha and Mykage to open the gates and for that you would need to steal a vector, but Kagura is far away from Neo Deava, so no chance of it happening. I've noticed that in preview Kagura even left Mikono alone on the skyscraper?
pingva is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 10:38   Link #78
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
This Mikono's abduction would be one night long maximum and in Vega since Kagura came without mecha and to go to Altair you need mecha and Mykage to open the gates and for that you would need to steal a vector, but Kagura is far away from Neo Deava, so no chance of it happening. I've noticed that in preview Kagura even left Mikono alone on the skyscraper?
You're forgetting that Mykage's is on Kagura's side.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 10:52   Link #79
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't think it was ambiguous - if he'd been part of the "gattai" the others would've noticed it, given the nature of a gattai. And I can't really see him just hanging around and not doing anything while Mikono is there. So I think he just appeared in the wrong moment (again...).
(Then again, did we ever see Molloy's gattai scene? Maybe in the background he was like "ooh, I feel something fuzzy... fuzzy and fluffy... with sharp teeth!")
Yeah we did, he came after Sazanka.

And I think you've convinced me on this point. In particular, it'd make more sense for the prophecied gattai to come a bit later, like "my words aren't reaching him, but maybe if we did a gattai..."...sigh.

Will gattai-Kagura howl at the moon?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-03 at 10:58. Reason: kagura gattai concept
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-04-03, 10:54   Link #80
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
You're forgetting that Mykage's is on Kagura's side.
I know, he would open the gates, but Kagura lacks a mecha and even isn't near Neo Deava. Maybe Mykage can teleport something to him, but then it doesn't make sense, it would be easier from the beginning to send Kagura with his mecha there.
pingva is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.