AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-23, 17:19   Link #4921
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
With Sakaki looking onward, Hongo's chances for survival have increased significantly. If Hongo dies, he'll be taking the Demon God Fist with him. Regardless, Hongo cannot win this fight 1 on 1. This is the same guy that gave the Elder a tough fight, and did not hesitate to take both Sakaki and Hongo on at the same time.

There's also still the angle of Silcardos rejuvenation technique that he received from Mikumo. It's possible it might backfire, or have limitations, but surely it has to come into play. Maybe she'll even finish Silcardo off herself so that he doesn't give away the secret.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:48   Link #4922
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Staring at each other in-your-face style upside down planting your feet in a tower is just badass.
I agree...and he keeps his hands in his pockets..with his even with glasses on...

Is like Hei Demon..i am the true badass here
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 03:11   Link #4923
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
*watches the OAV*

Wow, that was a nice episode. A precursor to another season of Kenichi anime? Maybe? I certainly hope so. Kenichi versus Kano will be great to see fully animated, along with the other YOMI battles. Me likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
There's also still the angle of Silcardos rejuvenation technique that he received from Mikumo. It's possible it might backfire, or have limitations, but surely it has to come into play. Maybe she'll even finish Silcardo off herself so that he doesn't give away the secret.
From what I can tell, it seems to be limited to only his face. The rest of him is still old and wrinkly. He'll definitely make for one handsome corpse at the end. Too silly. ^^;;
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 08:23   Link #4924
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
The OVA was pretty cool, especially once Kenichi started laying teh smackdown. Female ninja was a pretty one too. The rest of the ninjas however picked up a MASSIVE idiot ball...

I want my Chikage-chan animated...;_; And Mikumo-sama too... The battle between her and Shigure should be 'legendary' ... And there's always Sakaki vs Hongo...#_#
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:20   Link #4925
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
New chapter out!

From the general feeling, it doesn't look good for Hongo at all!
Though this chapter has shown nothing decisive and they barely hit each other at all.

But Jenezad is using 100% in the next chapter for sure.


Personally i think that Hongo will die...though with Apachai the author has pulled something out of his ***...it might be the case here too.
However Apachai is a character for comical relief.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:49   Link #4926
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Really have been enjoying these past chapters. Today's release was no different. Silicardo must be using a stance he probably used against the Elder if it had Hongo go on the defensive by the chapters end. From reading the last page of the chapter, it looks like Kenichi is going on break. Not that I mind since it probably give the mangaka time to see how this fight continues.
__________________
sigpic81007_2
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:32   Link #4927
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Oh man ...
I'm afraid for Hondou ...
The last position of this demon ...
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 12:35   Link #4928
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

Personally i think that Hongo will die...though with Apachai the author has pulled something out of his ***...it might be the case here too.
However Apachai is a character for comical relief.
But Akisame is not around, or is he?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:28   Link #4929
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Nice chapter..

things are getting interesting, the fight is Epic, i like the Demon style..and Hongo was cool in this chapter..what the powers have these two...

We know because the Elder didn't finish the fight against the Demon..(go in the ship)...so is for this that the Demon hasn't lost...however..the Demon is really strong..and What a strange pose in the end of the chapter...

Was funny to see the Princess like this....she is really in love with Hongo

And i liked that Kenichi is able to watch the fight between two powerful master...however..like i said in my previous post, i get the feeling that Hongo is going to lose, and maybe die...

Would be Epic, to see Saiga against the Demon..just for see Saiga kick his ass..

And another break..maybe is because Matsuena is busy with the spin-off, or maybe the second ova...but.for me is wrong to break in a moment like this..like Miu-Kenichi fight...Demon vs Hongo fight was just climax now, in this chapter..too bad i have to wait two week..damn!
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:56   Link #4930
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Hongou is so badass... but that mofo Silcardo is hax. All of a sudden invincible superman doesn't look so invincible anymore. We can safely say Silcardo, Mikumo, Saiga and Kensei are better than the likes of Agaard, Diego Carlo and Alexander at the very least.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 03:54   Link #4931
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Yeah..i agree...Silcardo Mikumo Kensei and Saiga..are most powerful that the others...


i want to see Mikumo fight...her fighting style is much crazy than the Demon Style..The Bewitching Fist..i guess with her,the law of gravity just doesn't exist..not only in her movements..but she's not even wearing a bra...and i haven't seen them move


Well..i guess..They have trained their muscles really well...
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 09:54   Link #4932
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
What makes you say that Kensei is among the toughest of the 10?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 13:11   Link #4933
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What makes you say that Kensei is among the toughest of the 10?

Well..Kensei was originally going to be the very first disciple of Ryōzanpaku before Kenichi...so this says a lot about Kensei..and Kensei know and mastered once of the Elder secret move...however..i don't know Kensei true powers..i have to wait until he fight against once Ryōzanpaku master...but i remember when Kensei make angry Alexander Gaider..and i remember that Alexander Gaider said something like this man..is dangerous...

The only thing that i am sure, is that Mikumo was able to fight two Ryōzanpaku master at the same time..and it was amazing...i want to see her fight..
__________________

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-03-31 at 13:22.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 15:02   Link #4934
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
*reads the last chapter*

Oh man, that was crazy. "You young'ins can't appreciate a good conversation," Silcardo says. But Hongo has no words to waste on this buffoon. He already said what was necessary in the last chapter: I'm going to be the one who kills you. And actually catches the madman in a well-planned strategy.

But oh gosh, Silcardo looks like he's about to go all-out, like Kenpachi removing his eyepatch in Bleach. I'm amazed Hongo has lasted this long, much longer than I'd anticipated. Though I fear he'll be joining Shou very soon. Then who'll stop the Demon? Can't wait to find out myself. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 15:57   Link #4935
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Though I fear he'll be joining Shou very soon. Then who'll stop the Demon? Can't wait to find out myself. Until then...
1. the elder will come and scare him off

2. Saiga will send his killing intent from 10 miles away and Silcardo having sensed it, retreat

I don't think he'll be defeated here and unfortunately I'm worried Hongo won't survive in either scenario.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 04:02   Link #4936
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
I hope you're wrong..

I think that the story, have to move away..and The Demon need to be defeated..now.

If Hongo is Killed by the Demon, i hope that Sakaki is going to defeat him..maybe, Hongo Dead is a boost for Sakaki...we have seen that sakaki care about Hongo..probably is because Sakaki want to settle the score..or maybe is because Hongo and Sakaki were close in the past..

However, i hope that Saiga and the Elder don't get involved in this..., is tue that the Elder said that against the Demon had a difficult fight..but is also true, that in the pics we see the Elder stand in the Jungle, and the Demon slumped to the ground, the only reason the Elder didn't win was because he had to leave..the ship was leaving..

For me Mikumo is more strong that the Demon...after all...she is like the Elder.as experience..

I'm looking forward to see Mikumo fight...
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 04:17   Link #4937
Terrean
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upper Austria
Well I do not change my opinion on the power balance.
The Furinjii family is above all others - way above.

We never really saw the elder fight. More likely playing around with his opponents. Same with Saiga in his quick appeareance.

All of the rest should be considered in a rock-paper-scissor matter.
Even Diego Carlos and Alexander - who might be along the weakest of the OSNF were greatly appreaciated by their Ryouzanpaku opponents, who are supposted to be on a higher tier...
__________________
Terrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 00:26   Link #4938
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I hope you're wrong..

I think that the story, have to move away..and The Demon need to be defeated..now.

If Hongo is Killed by the Demon, i hope that Sakaki is going to defeat him..maybe, Hongo Dead is a boost for Sakaki...we have seen that sakaki care about Hongo..probably is because Sakaki want to settle the score..or maybe is because Hongo and Sakaki were close in the past..

However, i hope that Saiga and the Elder don't get involved in this..., is tue that the Elder said that against the Demon had a difficult fight..but is also true, that in the pics we see the Elder stand in the Jungle, and the Demon slumped to the ground, the only reason the Elder didn't win was because he had to leave..the ship was leaving..

For me Mikumo is more strong that the Demon...after all...she is like the Elder.as experience..

I'm looking forward to see Mikumo fight...
Indeed, for the story to progress, Silcardo Jenazad must be defeated. And with three Super Masters after him (four if Saiga decides to reappear) his goose is cooked, and then some.

Yes, watching Hongo die would infuriate Sakaki like nothing else. He'd go all-out take out at that juncture, though I doubt unbridled Dou rage will be enough to cast him down. Though you may disagree, I'm still holding onto the notion that Jenazad will beat Sakaki senseless. But before he can deliver the finishing blow, that's when Hayato finally appears. And there's no boat to catch this time. Even if there were, he'd stay behind, finish off Jenaad, then run across the ocean back to Ryozanpaku.

I'm sure Mikumo is smarter than Jenazad, setting him up like this. And I'm also sure we'll be seeing her in action, now that her plan has all but imploded. Hayato better watch his back, because there'll be an incensed jujitsu Super Master after him, and possibly Kenichi as well. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 04:12   Link #4939
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Indeed, for the story to progress, Silcardo Jenazad must be defeated. And with three Super Masters after him (four if Saiga decides to reappear) his goose is cooked, and then some.

Yes, watching Hongo die would infuriate Sakaki like nothing else. He'd go all-out take out at that juncture, though I doubt unbridled Dou rage will be enough to cast him down. Though you may disagree, I'm still holding onto the notion that Jenazad will beat Sakaki senseless. But before he can deliver the finishing blow, that's when Hayato finally appears. And there's no boat to catch this time. Even if there were, he'd stay behind, finish off Jenaad, then run across the ocean back to Ryozanpaku.

I'm sure Mikumo is smarter than Jenazad, setting him up like this. And I'm also sure we'll be seeing her in action, now that her plan has all but imploded. Hayato better watch his back, because there'll be an incensed jujitsu Super Master after him, and possibly Kenichi as well. Until then...

I can agree with you..but, for the development of the story, i would prefer that Sakaki is able to win against the Demon..and my reasons are these:

After the Demon, we have three Master to fight until the final Saiga.

Mikumo-Kensei-Sougetsu Ma...

I don't know the true powers between the three..(excluding Saiga),(and maybe with Sougetsu Ma will not be a real fight..)

however in logic, the Masters that remained at the end, are supposed to be the strongest(in logic)..so if Sakaki can't win against the Demon,who can win against Mikumo? and Who can win against Kensei?sincerely, i don't want the Elder interfere in these fight..

We have seen Mikumo, on the ship,do something crazy against Ma Kensei( just remembered when Mikumo passed around Kenichi, and Kenichi said: a Hover-craft? ..Ma Kensei,he was not able to touch her..she is a Moster..and Kensei probably as well..so..i hope that the Elder don't make a move,,until Saiga time coming..

However..this is my theory..we have to wait to see what happen...but, i hope that Sakaki is able to win with his only strength..however your theory make sense.


Ho man..i want to see Mikumo!!!!!! i like her fighting style..i want to see what she can do, when she is full powers!
__________________

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-04-03 at 04:23.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 09:31   Link #4940
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I can agree with you..but, for the development of the story, i would prefer that Sakaki is able to win against the Demon..and my reasons are these:

After the Demon, we have three Master to fight until the final Saiga.

Mikumo-Kensei-Sougetsu Ma...

I don't know the true powers between the three..(excluding Saiga),(and maybe with Sougetsu Ma will not be a real fight..)

however in logic, the Masters that remained at the end, are supposed to be the strongest(in logic)..so if Sakaki can't win against the Demon,who can win against Mikumo? and Who can win against Kensei?sincerely, i don't want the Elder interfere in these fight..

We have seen Mikumo, on the ship,do something crazy against Ma Kensei( just remembered when Mikumo passed around Kenichi, and Kenichi said: a Hover-craft? ..Ma Kensei,he was not able to touch her..she is a Moster..and Kensei probably as well..so..i hope that the Elder don't make a move,,until Saiga time coming..

However..this is my theory..we have to wait to see what happen...but, i hope that Sakaki is able to win with his only strength..however your theory make sense.


Ho man..i want to see Mikumo!!!!!! i like her fighting style..i want to see what she can do, when she is full powers!
It's not always the strongest who remains. I'm sure Jenazad would curbstomp Ogata and Sougetsu. Can't say about Sehrul Rahman, for we don't know enough about him. I'm also sure Akisame would love to get his hands on Ogata, especially after what he did to his own disciple. Ogata's also the one person who's ever made Akisame angry, not a good thing to do. However, he could surprise us, lay low until Saiga is cast down, then do a Loki and create a new OSNF, with himself as the One Shadow. He already has his own group of disciples (Atlanti) and they might become the new YOMI if he has his way.

As for Sougetsu, yeah, he's pretty much a drifter, doing his own thing and looking for a good fight. He doesn't seem that much of a spokesman for sastujinken, unlike the other Fists.

And when Mikumo gets serious, only Hayato would be able to stand against her. She's one of the few people who can challenge him on relatively equal terms. So yeah, it's not gonna be pretty when they clash. There's a lot of bad blood, especially on her side. And they will clash, rest assured.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.