AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 16:40   Link #441
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Claimin this one, thanks.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 17:04   Link #442
kitten320

-sigh- another wimpy character who doesn't treasure what he has...
Well there are some thing I can relate too since I used to be bullied too at school.

I'll keep the watch but do hope that towards the end MC will learn to treasure his friends and the he will grow strong not only in virtual world, but real one too. Don't need him to be bad ass in real world, just want him to stop crying and be able to apologize when needed as well as treasure his friends. He is really lucky to have those two!
Old 2012-04-03, 17:13   Link #443
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Old 2012-04-03, 17:40   Link #444
kitten320

^Yeh exactly! He is crying that everyone laughs at him yet he is being a total ass to those who are nice to him!

Good thing he at least realized that what he did was wrong. He better make up with her.

Kuroyukihime might have style and power but I have a feeling that things won't go so well forever and that there will be a clash at some point where he will find himself totally alone.
Old 2012-04-03, 17:46   Link #445
Kunagisa

Quote:
Well there are some thing I can relate too since I used to be bullied too at school.
I have no idea how you have that assessment with that kind of experience.

It's not like middle schooler have huge pride issues or anything.
It's not like having one of your best friend SAW you get bullied is one of the most humiliating experience ever or anything (and being all apologetic about it).
It's not like he didn't wanna go apologize or anything.
It's not like he ALMOST DID apologize before Taku interrupted or anything.

I can deal with SAO elitist thinking this is inferior Kawahara work.
I can deal with people hating on fatty because lol-they-can't-spare-5-minutes-daily-to-exercise.
I can deal with ANOTHER-shit-plot-armor-useless-MC-getting-power-up-from-nowhere-cliche-max because people know the entire story just from 2 intro episodes.
I can deal with people thinking this is a comedy/action because lol-he-looks-SD.

But this too? Seriously? My wtf face is at max level now
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 18:13   Link #446
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
A couple things bug me about the setup:

(A) If this existed in real life, it would remain secret for two before it's all over @chan, Slashdot, TechCrunch, and Boing Boing.

(B) Someone on @chan would hack the program so you could access the Accelerated World without playing the game.
It's worse than just that. I was half way into ep 2 when I figured out several ways to farm Burst Points. Which is all anyone would do. No one would actually bother fighting.

So, while part of me liked the idea, the game world already looks exploitable and the MC seems really unbelievable. He'd be furious if someone beat his high score, not dejected. It's the one thing he's good at and he'd defend that with a fiery passion. You can't give the "loser shounen protagonist" anything they're truly good at and make the character work most of the time. They'll defend their turf like an active character, which isn't what they want them to be ( at least at the start).

Still, I'm intrigued. I'll stick around a few more episodes.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 18:40   Link #447
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I can deal with people hating on fatty because lol-they-can't-spare-5-minutes-daily-to-exercise.
..........The connection is...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 19:24   Link #448
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

I decided to pick this up because of the shitstorms at /a/ over it and honestly I enjoy it despite not liking the MC.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 20:48   Link #449
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I've gotta say that I looooove love love Misawa Sachika as Kuroyukihime. She just sounds so perfect. Sachika REALLY captured that proud yet elegant air you'd expect a confident Japanese noble to have. <333 Also, that kind of voice is exactly what I had in mind for Kuro-chan (even before hearing Sachika in the PVs), so I'm really pleased to be hearing her just as I imagined.
I am totally into her voice as well. Not one of those shows that will have any sort of deeper meaning for me, but it'll be fun to see how these two go about their business. Already friction among the two female leads. Nice.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 22:07   Link #450
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I have no idea how you have that assessment with that kind of experience.

It's not like middle schooler have huge pride issues or anything.
It's not like having one of your best friend SAW you get bullied is one of the most humiliating experience ever or anything (and being all apologetic about it).
It's not like he didn't wanna go apologize or anything.
It's not like he ALMOST DID apologize before Taku interrupted or anything.
1) I still have pride but I don't go pushing people away when they offer help when it's indeed needed. I had no one to help me but he does. The friends he has seem to be far closer to him than mine were, not that they were bad friends. They did make my days brighter. I had to deal with bullying on my own.

2) I was talking about something totally different. He crashed her basket for nothing and ran off. It is humiliating but it is even worse when you are humiliated publicly and no one does anything about it! One half laughs at you while another pretends that they didn't see and happen to be your own classmates! He actually has someone who wants to help him and he is pushing them away! I would give anything to have someone to stand up for me back then. My confidence would 100% rise and things could've been different. Sadly I learned my lesson after finishing school, if you don't do anything yourself, no one will. He is in far better position than I was. What is different is that I was never hit, though did have my hair pulled on occasional basis.

3) Wanting and doing are 2 different things. And I did give him plus points for wanting.

4) He better make up for it and not push her even further away now that he got "new friend".

As I said, the guy better improve not only in virtual world but in real one too. Because real world is the one that matters.

I've changed over the years and if I were to get bullied again, I would deal with it differently now. I would not start a fight but if things got nasty, I would most likely attempt a punch. During school years I used to ignore bullies and it came to the point that it takes a lot of effort to actually enrage me, I don't attack people in normal state.

Even though I hate whom I was back then, those years did make me a better person now. At least I'm not a shy crybaby now. Though I still have long way to go until I will reach the point I want.

As long as he gets better in real world, doesn't lock himself off and doesn't attempt suicide, I'll deal with him.

What always annoys me about MC like him is that they always find this one powerful and influential person that decides to help them for no real reason or they activate some super powers. Real world doesn't work like that, you have to do something to get those things. Do sports, change your way of living, acting, dressing... you do something! Miracles don't fall off the sky like they do for MCs and that's why most of MCs like them piss me off.

I worked hard to get out of that shit hole, to get treated better while MCs have everything offered on a plate for them.
For MCs to be liked by me, they really need to work hard.
Besides what really ticked me off in this character is that when someone over topped his record, he instantly gave up without even attempting to break it! HE GAVE UP WITHOUT TRYING! And that's a major minus!

Last edited by kitten320; 2012-04-03 at 22:19.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 22:58   Link #451
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
1) I still have pride but I don't go pushing people away when they offer help when it's indeed needed. I had no one to help me but he does. The friends he has seem to be far closer to him than mine were, not that they were bad friends. They did make my days brighter. I had to deal with bullying on my own.

2) I was talking about something totally different. He crashed her basket for nothing and ran off. It is humiliating but it is even worse when you are humiliated publicly and no one does anything about it! One half laughs at you while another pretends that they didn't see and happen to be your own classmates! He actually has someone who wants to help him and he is pushing them away! I would give anything to have someone to stand up for me back then. My confidence would 100% rise and things could've been different. Sadly I learned my lesson after finishing school, if you don't do anything yourself, no one will. He is in far better position than I was. What is different is that I was never hit, though did have my hair pulled on occasional basis.

3) Wanting and doing are 2 different things. And I did give him plus points for wanting.

4) He better make up for it and not push her even further away now that he got "new friend".

As I said, the guy better improve not only in virtual world but in real one too. Because real world is the one that matters.

I've changed over the years and if I were to get bullied again, I would deal with it differently now. I would not start a fight but if things got nasty, I would most likely attempt a punch. During school years I used to ignore bullies and it came to the point that it takes a lot of effort to actually enrage me, I don't attack people in normal state.

Even though I hate whom I was back then, those years did make me a better person now. At least I'm not a shy crybaby now. Though I still have long way to go until I will reach the point I want.

As long as he gets better in real world, doesn't lock himself off and doesn't attempt suicide, I'll deal with him.

What always annoys me about MC like him is that they always find this one powerful and influential person that decides to help them for no real reason or they activate some super powers. Real world doesn't work like that, you have to do something to get those things. Do sports, change your way of living, acting, dressing... you do something! Miracles don't fall off the sky like they do for MCs and that's why most of MCs like them piss me off.

I worked hard to get out of that shit hole, to get treated better while MCs have everything offered on a plate for them.
For MCs to be liked by me, they really need to work hard.
Besides what really ticked me off in this character is that when someone over topped his record, he instantly gave up without even attempting to break it! HE GAVE UP WITHOUT TRYING! And that's a major minus!
Your perception of him may change later if you keep watching....I don't know. Suffice to say he's not this wimp forever. Nor does he not do anything to help himself.

About your point 2....it's a face issue. If no one did anything there's a detachment from the onlookers but in his case, it's his childhood friend...to him it just reinforces how useless he is in their eyes. If it were normal schoolmates it may not sting so much but this is someone he cares for.
Old 2012-04-03, 23:01   Link #452
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

So that is what cyber bullying looks like
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 23:34   Link #453
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
finally watched the first ep, reminds of the .Hack series with some Yu-gi-oh! Zexal elements thrown into the mix, & i would lol if the mc grew up to be a bishounen
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 00:08   Link #454
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
I decided to pick this up because of the shitstorms at /a/ over it and honestly I enjoy it despite not liking the MC.
What're they complaining about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
finally watched the first ep, reminds of the .Hack series with some Yu-gi-oh! Zexal elements thrown into the mix, & i would lol if the mc grew up to be a bishounen
Wait until you see Sword Art Online.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 00:14   Link #455
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Utsuro no Hako: Yuki Kaji voicing the MC gives them the idea that this will be the next Guilty Crown (whiny male lead becomes badass) and they will "drop it every single week of its broadcast".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 00:17   Link #456
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Utsuro no Hako: Yuki Kaji voicing the MC gives them the idea that this will be the next Guilty Crown (whiny male lead becomes badass) and they will "drop it every single week of its broadcast".
That's their problem then....oh wow, I'm going to drop something I never would buy anyway....fear me!!!
Old 2012-04-04, 00:18   Link #457
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Just caught it, seems interesting, and I can sympathize with the MC, even though I wasn't nearly that bad. Premise seems interesting, I'll have to find out more about the LN though.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 00:59   Link #458
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
how is this series related to Sword Art Online again?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 01:09   Link #459
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
The fat kid reminds me of Cartman for some reason. seriously each time I see him I picture cartman instead lol
We seriously have the same thought. I am looking forward to see how this anime is going at. (Yay my anime to replace DxD for Friday/Saturday)

Quote:
Same author (same art style)
Old 2012-04-04, 01:40   Link #460
Akarin

Quote:
Same author and I hope we will see them fight in the OVA.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Kirito (sword art online) vs Cartman (accel world)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen