AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-02, 03:23   Link #961
dn072
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Sasuke's first time he used Ameterasu it was not his own eye,
It was Itachi's MS ( 397 page 2 )
The first time he uses is own it was versus Bee when his friends are in danger
dn072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 19:53   Link #962
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
sasuke didn't kill his closest friend. neither did kakashi... and probably not shisui either since it was most likely itachi

are you just assuming he unlocked it? we never saw it until the revelation. hence the reveal that sasuke had it
I do not assume anything and you do understand or least don't answer the crux of my argument : Sasuke was to awaken the MS upon Itachi's death regardless of his knowledge of the truth, ergo knowing the truth had nothing to do with awakening the MS.
Secondly Sasuke did partake in the death of the person closest to him, the only person close to him in fact since Sasuke had forsaken all emotional bonds but this one. Itachi also had his hand in the death of his closest friend and mentor Shisui. We have no idea of how Shisui awakened his own MS but considering what we learned about him he very well could have killed someone very close to him for the sake of the village. Kakashi is an anomaly and we still don't know exactly how he did it but it could be as simple as the fact that he feels responsible for Obito's death.

Finally regardless of the exact lowest common denominator necessary to gain the MS it's not just sorrow or Sasuke would have had it by age 7 and so would have a great many others Uchiha in history.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 23:48   Link #963
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I do not assume anything and you do understand or least don't answer the crux of my argument : Sasuke was to awaken the MS upon Itachi's death regardless of his knowledge of the truth, ergo knowing the truth had nothing to do with awakening the MS.
how do you know that? from what i saw it was the opposite

Quote:
Secondly Sasuke did partake in the death of the person closest to him, the only person close to him in fact since Sasuke had forsaken all emotional bonds but this one. Itachi also had his hand in the death of his closest friend and mentor Shisui. We have no idea of how Shisui awakened his own MS but considering what we learned about him he very well could have killed someone very close to him for the sake of the village. Kakashi is an anomaly and we still don't know exactly how he did it but it could be as simple as the fact that he feels responsible for Obito's death.
well my argument is that it isn't 'killing your closest friend' that awakens the MS. feeling responsible for itachi's or obito's death is simply not the same as killing them. sasuke didn't kill itachi. he couldn't have killed itachi. he wasn't nearly strong enough to do it. itachi died on his own accord. kakashi didn't kill obito no matter how you look at it.

also we could get into the difference between friend and family. during the VotE fight, sasuke acknowledged naruto as his closest friend. itachi is his brother. there is a difference if you want to get down to it. the crux of my argument is that it is not nearly as simple as 'killing your best friend'

Quote:
Finally regardless of the exact lowest common denominator necessary to gain the MS it's not just sorrow or Sasuke would have had it by age 7 and so would have a great many others Uchiha in history.
except that it must follow after gaining a full sharingan which he didnt have at that time. also my understanding is that only certain uchiha have the potential to awaken MS. itachi spoke of this to sasuke after the massacre I believe. not just any uchiha could awaken MS, which is also why obito is more important than a lot of people assume. he had that rare capability
itachi-san314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 07:22   Link #964
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Where in blazes does the assumption come from that Shisui obtained the Mangekyou?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 07:32   Link #965
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
^ What? Didn't we see it on the crow?
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:44   Link #966
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ What? Didn't we see it on the crow?
yes. that was shisui's MS that itachi implanted in the crow
itachi-san314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:45   Link #967
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Exactly, so I thought it was established...
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 09:43   Link #968
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Exactly, so I thought it was established...
it is. we just don't know how he activated it in the first place yet (or ever maybe)
itachi-san314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:02   Link #969
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I though that was just a normal sharingan. But it WAS a loooong time ago when we saw it. Did it have any unique design?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:06   Link #970
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
how do you know that? from what i saw it was the opposite
I'm curious to what you saw then considering both Tobi and Edo-Itachi confirmed this. Itachi's entire plan to brainwash Sasuke thanks to Koto Amatsukami was based on the fact that after Sasuke gained MS by killing him, Sasuke was going to take his eyes to gain the EMS.

Quote:
well my argument is that it isn't 'killing your closest friend' that awakens the MS. feeling responsible for itachi's or obito's death is simply not the same as killing them. sasuke didn't kill itachi. he couldn't have killed itachi. he wasn't nearly strong enough to do it. itachi died on his own accord. kakashi didn't kill obito no matter how you look at it.
except that it must follow after gaining a full sharingan which he didnt have at that time. also my understanding is that only certain uchiha have the potential to awaken MS. itachi spoke of this to sasuke after the massacre I believe. not just any uchiha could awaken MS, which is also why obito is more important than a lot of people assume. he had that rare capability
That's not accurate, your argument was that the requirement to gain MS is merely to experience deep sorrow which as I've shown is ridiculous. Deep sorrow is something very common in this world whereas Madara was the first Uchiha to awaken the MS in countless generation. Sasuke awoke to the Sharingan when he was seven, he has been in excruciating sorrow forever since and yet only unlocked the MS after his battle against his brother.
Your argument about Itachi's strength is completely meaningless. It doesn't matter if Itachi was too strong for Sasuke to kill, what does matter is that Itachi set up their fight so that he would die against Sasuke just like he gained his own MS after he helped in Shisui's death regardless of the fact that Shisui wanted to die.

Quote:
also we could get into the difference between friend and family. during the VotE fight, sasuke acknowledged naruto as his closest friend. itachi is his brother. there is a difference if you want to get down to it. the crux of my argument is that it is not nearly as simple as 'killing your best friend'
Please, go ahead.
This story is all about bonds, the MS is obtained from the killing of such bonds and further powered by stealing the very eyes of your kin. Siblings, friends or spouses and children I'd guess, seems to be an adequate requirement as long as they represent a close emotional bond to the perpetrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I though that was just a normal sharingan. But it WAS a loooong time ago when we saw it. Did it have any unique design?
Yes.

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:29   Link #971
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Shisui also had that technique that could plant suggestions into people without even making eye contact, right?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:37   Link #972
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Shisui also had that technique that could plant suggestions into people without even making eye contact, right?
Danzo may have used Kotoamatsukami against Mifune since he said he could only use the jutsu once per day.

If Danzo hadn't used Kotoamatsukami on Mifune and just a normal genjutsu then he should have been able to use the jutsu again but he had to wait to use it against Sasuke but was stabbed when he took Karin hostage.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 18:58   Link #973
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm curious to what you saw then considering both Tobi and Edo-Itachi confirmed this. Itachi's entire plan to brainwash Sasuke thanks to Koto Amatsukami was based on the fact that after Sasuke gained MS by killing him, Sasuke was going to take his eyes to gain the EMS.
when sasuke faced itachi he didn't have MS. after itachi's death we cannot assume that he did have it. when he attacked tobi with amaterasu it was with itachi's MS pattern and itachi's technique that he implanted in sasuke. we only first see sasuke with his own MS after he learns the truth of itachi and experienced extreme pain and sorrow.


Quote:
That's not accurate, your argument was that the requirement to gain MS is merely to experience deep sorrow which as I've shown is ridiculous. Deep sorrow is something very common in this world whereas Madara was the first uchiha to awaken the MS in countless generation.
sure extreme sorrow is common, but having a sharingan and an uchiha body capable of manifesting MS is not common.

Quote:
Sasuke awoke to the Sharingan when he was seven, he has been in excruciating sorrow forever since and yet only unlocked the MS after his battle against his brother.
no he hasn't been in excruciating sorrow ever since. he has gone on missions with team 7, trained, fought for konoha, went to orochimaru, made team hebi, etc... he only experienced extreme sorrow when his family was killed (too young to get MS) and when he learned of itachi's truth (got MS)

Quote:
Your argument about Itachi's strength is completely meaningless. It doesn't matter if Itachi was too strong for Sasuke to kill, what does matter is that Itachi set up their fight so that he would die against Sasuke just like he gained his own MS after he helped in Shisui's death regardless of the fact that Shisui wanted to die.
its meaningful to what i'm saying in that sasuke didn't kill itachi. sasuke didn't kill his closest friend, be it naruto or itachi, to get MS


Quote:
Please, go ahead.
This story is all about bonds, the MS is obtained from the killing of such bonds and further powered by stealing the very eyes of your kin. Siblings, friends or spouses and children I'd guess, seems to be an adequate requirement as long as they represent a close emotional bond to the perpetrator.
i totally agree. and killing bonds is when you experience extreme sorrow like i've been saying all along. its not as simple as 'killing your closest friend' it's been retconned since then since kishi wanted people to have MS who did not kill their closest friend to get it
itachi-san314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 20:22   Link #974
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
when sasuke faced itachi he didn't have MS. after itachi's death we cannot assume that he did have it. when he attacked tobi with amaterasu it was with itachi's MS pattern and itachi's technique that he implanted in sasuke. we only first see sasuke with his own MS after he learns the truth of itachi and experienced extreme pain and sorrow.
... Ok I will try one last time before giving up.
Itachi explained to Naruto (as well as Tobi to Sasuke) how he intended Sasuke to gain the MS after their fight as well as hidding the truth from him. To put it in the most simple way : Itachi's death - truth = Sasuke with MS. So learning the truth cannot possibly be the trigger. Do you understand? I don't even know why you came up with these four sentences above that have nothing to do with the facts at hand because we don't have to assume anything : we were plainly told about it.

The rest of your post is similar, I'm not sure how to answer it more clearly than I already did, there have been 6 (known) characters in the last century alone to awake the MS but according to you no potentially MS wielding Uchiha ever felt sorrow in the last thousand years or so? And then -and this is possibly even funnier from where I'm standing- you explain to me that Sasuke only felt this sorrow just after the massacre, then stopped, then felt sad again 10 years later? I mean, seriously?
Quote:
its meaningful to what i'm saying in that sasuke didn't kill itachi. sasuke didn't kill his closest friend, be it naruto or itachi, to get MS
Same as above, it annoys me because I wasted the last 5 minutes editing my post to sound less rude but I just don't see how I can put this in simpler terms.
The difference of strength between those two has no relevance whatsoever to the discussion. Itachi staged his last fight so that from Sasuke's point of view Itachi would die during their battle and he did that on purpose so that Sasuke would gain the MS.
Quote:
i totally agree. and killing bonds is when you experience extreme sorrow like i've been saying all along. its not as simple as 'killing your closest friend' it's been retconned since then since kishi wanted people to have MS who did not kill their closest friend to get it
So no you don't totally agree because you don't understand. Killing one of the closest person to you is a very specific action, simply feeling deep sorrow is not.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 20:39   Link #975
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
I think Tobi is Hashirama Senju or the 1st Hokage

since he was mentioned a lot in the last few chapters as courageous Ninja with ninjutsu that can be compared to the Sage of the Six Path

Image of him being ally of justice is already paved in our head

by making him a final boss/true villain surely will make things more interesting
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 21:07   Link #976
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
... Ok I will try one last time before giving up.
Itachi explained to Naruto (as well as Tobi to Sasuke) how he intended Sasuke to gain the MS after their fight as well as hidding the truth from him. To put it in the most simple way : Itachi's death - truth = Sasuke with MS. So learning the truth cannot possibly be the trigger. Do you understand? I don't even know why you came up with these four sentences above that have nothing to do with the facts at hand because we don't have to assume anything : we were plainly told about it.
you are wrong. see ch 550 pg 13. itachi believed that sasuke would transplant his eyes to gain EMS... itachi told naruto nothing about sasuke gaining MS, just EMS. Do you understand? you are making assumptions

Quote:
The rest of your post is similar, I'm not sure how to answer it more clearly than I already did, there have been 6 (known) characters in the last century alone to awake the MS but according to you no potentially MS wielding Uchiha ever felt sorrow in the last thousand years or so? And then -and this is possibly even funnier from where I'm standing- you explain to me that Sasuke only felt this sorrow just after the massacre, then stopped, then felt sad again 10 years later? I mean, seriously?
whats really funny is how rude you are when talking to me and being wrong to boot...you don't understand extreme sorrow. it wears off after time. its not like sasuke was experiencing extreme sorrow when he was trying to get the bells from kakashi's waist or when he was fighting gaara. he only experienced those intense emotions at the times the events that caused them actually happened. it's called human psychology. no matter what horrible thing happens to you, you don't feel the exact same sorrow for the rest of your life. it wears away in time and changes into other feelings like how sasuke turned his into revenge.

Quote:
Same as above, it annoys me because I wasted the last 5 minutes editing my post to sound less rude but I just don't see how I can put this in simpler terms.
The difference of strength between those two has no relevance whatsoever to the discussion. Itachi staged his last fight so that from Sasuke's point of view Itachi would die during their battle and he did that on purpose so that Sasuke would gain the MS.
its fine. i'm used to you being rude. its just an internet discussion after all... bottom line is that sasuke didnt kill itachi. nagato killed jiraiya as an example of someone killing another person, since you don't seem to get it.

Quote:
So no you don't totally agree because you don't understand. Killing one of the closest person to you is a very specific action, simply feeling deep sorrow is not.
this is true. but beside the point. as I've stated before people have gained MS without killing their closest friend, so it must be another cause.
itachi-san314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 23:46   Link #977
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you are wrong. see ch 550 pg 13. itachi believed that sasuke would transplant his eyes to gain EMS... itachi told naruto nothing about sasuke gaining MS, just EMS.
You can't gain EMS if you don't have MS already.

As for the argument about when did Sasuke gain MS, i think the whole MS thing is somewhat messed up in this manga, there's not much logic in it. For example when Sasuke and Edo-Itachi meet Itachi is surprised that Sasuke can use Susano, why would he be surprised considering all that he knows and has learned about the new Sasuke already.
Ero-Senn1n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 23:56   Link #978
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You can't gain EMS if you don't have MS already.
of course. I'm just saying that itachi never said that he assumed sasuke would gain MS from "killing" him. for all itachi knew, sasuke was going to have MS when he faced him in their battle. itachi assumed sasuke would gain MS by some means or another, but he never explicitly says that sasuke would gain it after their fight. story-telling wise, we see sasuke gaining it after he learns the truth of itachi which suggests what i have been saying

Quote:
As for the argument about when did Sasuke gain MS, i think the whole MS thing is somewhat messed up in this manga, there's not much logic in it. For example when Sasuke and Edo-Itachi meet Itachi is surprised that Sasuke can use Susano, why would he be surprised considering all that he knows and has learned about the new Sasuke already.
yea, it has been messed up since kishi wants people to have it who haven't killed their closest friend. it is now tied to extreme emotion. in sasuke's case it was sorrow and pain. and yea, itachi being surprised by sasuke's susano'o didn't make a whole lot of sense. since he forsaw a bunch of other stuff, he should have expected that
itachi-san314 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 01:12   Link #979
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
of course. I'm just saying that itachi never said that he assumed sasuke would gain MS from "killing" him. for all itachi knew, sasuke was going to have MS when he faced him in their battle. itachi assumed sasuke would gain MS by some means or another, but he never explicitly says that sasuke would gain it after their fight. story-telling wise, we see sasuke gaining it after he learns the truth of itachi which suggests what i have been saying
Story-wise it doesn't make sense to think that Itachi wanted Sasuke to kill his best friend. Itachi never wanted Sasuke to become a criminal, he wanted him to return to Konoha as the hero who killed the S-class criminal Itachi. But if Sasuke killed Naruto that would be impossible, furthermore that would do huge damage to the village, since in that case the village would lose the kyuubi for which the 4th hokage sacrificed his life. On the other hand if you assume that Itachi wanted Sasuke to do the opposite of what Itachi did then telling Sasuke to kill his best friend is reverse psychology, and doing such a trick is just what one would expect of Itachi. And in this case there's no way Itachi would really expect that Sasuke gains the MS by the time they meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, it has been messed up since kishi wants people to have it who haven't killed their closest friend. it is now tied to extreme emotion. in sasuke's case it was sorrow and pain. and yea, itachi being surprised by sasuke's susano'o didn't make a whole lot of sense. since he forsaw a bunch of other stuff, he should have expected that
That part of the story is consistent, we know Itachi was lying about how he and Shisui obtained it, and as i wrote way back then it also doesn't make sense to be so specific in such a general matter. As i wrote back then it's probably the easy way to obtain it that way, but as usual in such stories only evil guys do such things as sacrificing others for their personal gain. Madara did it, and he ruled the Uchiha clan after that, so he could shape the clan to his own liking. But as we see they didn't like it and chose the 1st hokage over Madara. The "good" way is usually more difficult, maybe Itachi's mysterious illness is somehow caused by obtaining it risking his own life instead of killing someone else.
Ero-Senn1n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 02:32   Link #980
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
By the way, every inconsistent things that relate to something Itachi has said in the past can all be explained by saying "Itachi is a big, fat, liar.".


Also, Itachi did kill his closest friend, he just didn't disclose the circumstances around this event.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tobi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.