AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-12-31, 06:28   Link #1
project myu

Reminiscing About Anime

Anyone remember the anime festivals on the Sci-Fi Channel? That was some good stuff and helped to expand my interest in anime. When Saturday Anime came out, I felt like I hit the jackpot. Those two hours every Saturday morning would become an awesome routine for me every week. As a kid, those were the only ways I ever got to see anime.

I also remember a show on Sci-Fi Channel called Anti-Gravity Zone. It was hosted by teenagers and they would do features and interviews about comic books and anime. I remember they were hyping Ghost in the Shell so much when it came out in Japan. Too bad it disappointed me when I finally got to see it..
project myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 13:18   Link #2
hooliganj
Team Player

Saturday Anime was great for about 3-4 months, and then they would start over, since they had something like 12 movies licensed in total. I remember seeing Venus Wars air 3 times in the same year.
Old 2005-01-01, 23:14   Link #3
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Man those were the days, i think had like 18 movies liscenesed but like 5 or something no one watched, but i watched all of them over and over. Dominion Tank Police, Green Legend Ran, and Gall Force :Eternal story were the ones i remember best. Oh and Demon City Shinjuku (think thats the name). Also one about some demon with a face on its head that kills people, and some chick was hunting it.

If anyone knows the name of the one where the virus takes over a space ship and starts killing the crew, that would be great.

Ok ill stop now im rambling.
Old 2005-01-02, 00:15   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
If anyone knows the name of the one where the virus takes over a space ship and starts killing the crew, that would be great.
I think that one was Lily C.A.T. I knew there was a cat in the title, but it still took a while to find. . http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2009
Don't know why I bothered to post the link, as there's no pic or discription...
My favorite anime from the sci fi channel would have to be project A-ko vs, the one where c-ko is possessed and summons a dragon to destroy the universe.

edit: the one with the demon and the girl hunting it is Iria. It was recently re-released on a special edition dvd.
Old 2005-01-02, 01:45   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I remember seeing Dominion Tank Police on the Space Channel. Good times, good times.
Old 2005-01-02, 05:02   Link #6
project myu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I remember seeing Dominion Tank Police on the Space Channel. Good times, good times.
There's this song in the two Dominion Tank Police movies that plays throughout, but I can only remember one scene. In the end of the second movie when that gangster leader who pimps the catgirls starts to get in this primitive pose, the song begins to play. There are no vocals. It's very.. Hmm.. Relaxing? Surreal? I don't know the way to describe it but I swear I've been looking for it forever. IRC, Napster, Kazaa.. Can't find it at all.

I doubt I ever will but just wanted to know if anyone shares the same love for this song (that I haven't heard for 10 years) like I do.
project myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:34   Link #7
Kurapica

Ah, the good old days. The first anime i saw on public tv was teknoman. I went crazy for that man. And the first animeseries i downloaded was Samurai Deeper Kyo. I reminisce the days in which i went on Kazaa and what not to get the series complete even if it took me weeks (going 30kb/s) at best.

Time sure flies.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote