AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-05, 00:35   Link #1881
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
I thought there was a scene where Yuno was digging the hole, in the beginning of episode 10? I was to bury Yuno 2. However, if you are referring to how the roof and walkway seemed to have broken down outside the room, Yuno could have broken it for whatever her reason was (to let in more light to that gloomy rooom?). While she was digging, the structure still remained, so something happened afterwards.

So loses her memory as soon as she finishes burying Yuno 2, and we now know that Murmur was the one who temporarily erased her memory. Could it be that at this point, Murmur 1 arrived in a sphere and created the whole in the roof and walkway?
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 02:48   Link #1882
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Except Yuno arrived in the 2nd world before the games began.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 08:01   Link #1883
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
thundrakkon: there *is* that digging scene. In the tankobon version manga that "digging" scene is one of the color "bonus" pages. I don't think it was part of the original magazine run, but I've never gotten copies of the original magazines to confirm (or deny) that hypothesis. FWIW the digging scene isn't included in the scanlations a lot of people seem to have read, which were done off of the original magazine version.

It's just one of those "what if" ideas, though: I think you can make a case that he started out with one idea and then changed his mind, but at the same time it's quite apparent what his final story choice was. Probably enough said on this for now.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 10:36   Link #1884
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Your base,stealing your Knightmares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Except Yuno arrived in the 2nd world before the games began.
I don't think so, Yuno 2 was in the survival game at that moment.
__________________
DarkyPwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 12:18   Link #1885
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
What do you base this on?

Because she's been using her "Yukki" diary ever since the beginning. The one from the 2nd world Yuno was the "Amano-kun" diary.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:10   Link #1886
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Your base,stealing your Knightmares.
You're wrong. Even if we go by your logic, survival games had to begin for Yuno 2 to have her diary.

On episode 1,you can see Yuno 1 crying over someone's corpse and uttering the words "Amano-kun",leading me to believe that she had the "Amano-kun" diary on the first world.

Sackett made an explanation that made perfect sense until Episode 23 arrived revealing that Yuno 2 had the diary when she was killed.

Which brings back my previous questions:

1) Why didn't Yuno 2 see a dead end sign if she was going to be killed by Yuno 1? (Through this could be explained by Yuno 1 doing something supernatural in order to kill her)
2) Did Yuno 1 take the "Amano-Kun" diary from Yuno 2?

If so:

a) Why is it still working after Yuno 2 died?

If not:

b) How did Yuno obtain it? Can Murmur just produce future diaries as she wishes?

"Amano-Kun" diary is Yuno 1's first diary,she won the game before she started calling him Yukkii. Since Yuno 2 was just a Yuno in the past, it is safe to assume that she had the "Amano-Kun" diary too before she was killed.

So,there are two ways that Yuno 1 (the Yuno we started everything with, before the time travel part was included) could have obtained the "Amano-Kun" diary:

i. She could somehow keep the diary when she time leapt.
ii. Murmur can make diaries.
iii. She took it from her past self, through this would cause a plot hole in a sense that Yuno 2 was quite dead for her diary to work.

And the "Yukkii" diary is the one Deus gave her at the start of the second world's survival game.
I hope it makes more sense to you now.
__________________
DarkyPwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 17:25   Link #1887
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What do you base this on?

Because she's been using her "Yukki" diary ever since the beginning. The one from the 2nd world Yuno was the "Amano-kun" diary.
It took me a bit to resolve it but I guess it is the opposite. This episode showed us the main events in chronological order
Spoiler for events:
So, it seems that Yuno2 already called Yukiteru *Yukki* (little differences between timelines) and all the events prior the switch were lived by Yuno2. Instead Yuno didn't call him *Yukki* until the switch/killing, and at that point she started calling him Yukki too (it is showed in the flashback too), to fit her role.
This should explain the Yukki diary continuity.
I assume that Yuno kept her first diary.
For the missed death end I guess that Yuno being an anomaly wasn't noticed by the Yuno2 diary.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:31   Link #1888
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
The last few posts have been confusing concerning the timeline. I will try to piece together what I can understand so far, so please advise if anything is off.

1) Yuno 1 wins the game and becomes god of world 1.
2) [April 17, Year 0] Yuno 2, who calls Yuki as Amano-kun, kills her parents.
3) [May 10, Year 0] Yuno 2 falls in love with Yuki a few weeks later when she wrote that she will be Yuki's bride on what she wants to do for her future.
4) [May 17, Year 0] Yuno 2, in bunny costume, follows Yuki around to break up his "date".
5) [August 1, Year 0] Yuno 1 arrives and kills Yuno 2, while Yuno 2 asks "Amano-kun" to help her.
6) Yuno 1 initially calls Yuki as Amano-kun, then changes it to Yuki.
7) Murmur 1 arrives and allows Yuno 1 to take Yuno 2's Amano-kun phone. Hence, Yuno 1 has her Yuki diary and Yuno 2's Amano-kun diary.
8) [April 21, Year 1] The Mirai Nikki games begin.

At no point did Yuno 2 ever call Yuki as Yuki. She has always called him Amano-kun. Hence, the time lines have been the same up to the point of Yuno 2's death. When I say the same, I mean the events and actions are the same, but they are still in an alternate universe.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 19:03   Link #1889
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Are you saying I've screwed up the Yukki/Amano diaries and names? nothing easier
It's just that the Amano name doesn't ring any bell in my memories, except when Murmur leaked to Yukiteru Yuno's sin (Just remembered). So I assumed that Yuno didn't ever call him Amano-kun along the series.
This is the problem to start guessing so late in a series. I forgot too many things.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 21:03   Link #1890
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
I think people are thinking too hard about when the diary switch happened. It doesn't really matter now, does it?
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 22:10   Link #1891
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
No matter when -exactly- it happened, it had to have happened before the survival game began. There is no other way to explain the existence of the two diaries.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 23:14   Link #1892
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
I just need to confirm from anyone:

Is it true the next episode doesn't air until the 13th this month?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 23:19   Link #1893
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I just need to confirm from anyone:

Is it true the next episode doesn't air until the 13th this month?
False. The only changes to the schedule are slight modifications for three stations to air the show ~30 minutes earlier. As for the simulcasts, Funi/NicoNico usually don't say anything prior to a delay, so who knows.

Who is spreading that rumor? It's the second time I've heard that this week.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 23:21   Link #1894
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
1) Why didn't Yuno 2 see a dead end sign if she was going to be killed by Yuno 1? (Through this could be explained by Yuno 1 doing something supernatural in order to kill her)
The game in world 2 did not start yet, hence Yuno 2's phone does not notify the user at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
2) Did Yuno 1 take the "Amano-Kun" diary from Yuno 2?
Amano-kun diary was taken by Murmur from Yuno 2 and given to Yuno 1, after Murmur probably did some magic to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
a) Why is it still working after Yuno 2 died?
Murmur did some magic to it to allow to still function. It did not disappear since this was before the game began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
b) How did Yuno obtain it? Can Murmur just produce future diaries as she wishes?
Murmur took it from Yuno 2 and gave it to Yuno 1. Murmur did not produce a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
"Amano-Kun" diary is Yuno 1's first diary,she won the game before she started calling him Yukkii. Since Yuno 2 was just a Yuno in the past, it is safe to assume that she had the "Amano-Kun" diary too before she was killed.

So,there are two ways that Yuno 1 (the Yuno we started everything with, before the time travel part was included) could have obtained the "Amano-Kun" diary:

i. She could somehow keep the diary when she time leapt.
ii. Murmur can make diaries.
iii. She took it from her past self, through this would cause a plot hole in a sense that Yuno 2 was quite dead for her diary to work.

And the "Yukkii" diary is the one Deus gave her at the start of the second world's survival game.
I hope it makes more sense to you now.
As can be seen in episode 22, Akise destroyed the Amano-kun diary. Hence, the Amano-kun diary is supposed to be originally owned by Yuno 2. Otherwise, Yuno 1 would have disappeared. The Yuki Diary has always been owned and linked to Yuno 1, hence it is her original one she had in world 1. It is because she now calls him Yuki; therefore, her phone does the same.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 04:26   Link #1895
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
You could even explain it more easily if you assume (yes, this is an assumption), that she simply took the diary before the games began and it wasn't a future diary yet. Deus did not know the real Yuno was dead so he turned the diary into a future diary like he did in the first world. Ta-daa! Two future diaries.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 22:18   Link #1896
KoiYuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
As can be seen in episode 22, Akise destroyed the Amano-kun diary. Hence, the Amano-kun diary is supposed to be originally owned by Yuno 2. Otherwise, Yuno 1 would have disappeared. The Yuki Diary has always been owned and linked to Yuno 1, hence it is her original one she had in world 1. It is because she now calls him Yuki; therefore, her phone does the same.
It's not necessarily like that.. It could be that the Amano-kun one is from the first world, and since she already won, it didn't really effect her, whereas the Yukki diary could be from the second world, since she'd have started calling him that in that diary too.. Though it really doesn't matter in the end, and everyone saying that the diary was given to her after the death of Yuno2 is correct.
__________________
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:33   Link #1897
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
@KoiYuki
I see what you mean. That is definitely a possibility, although at this point in time, unless the author comes out and states it, we really don't know which one is the correct one. In the grand scheme of things, it is not really that important. I wonder if anyone ever asked the author about it to clarify it? (amongst many other plot holes)
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:26   Link #1898
KoiYuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Age: 22
You're right.. come to think of it, you'd think that they'd both say Yukki, since they're both current.
__________________
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 03:06   Link #1899
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Your base,stealing your Knightmares.
That's the same as I said,KoiYuki,and yes,I think the Amano-kun one was from the first game too. Because in the second game, Yuno died 2,her diary should have stopped working. Then Murmur gave Yuno 1 the Yukkii diary. If Murmur hadn't given that to her and stated "quick,replace her before Deus notices", then it would be more likely that Yuno 2 was dead before the games began.
__________________
DarkyPwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:08   Link #1900
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jogja
Age: 25
Spoiler for Mirai Nikki ep 25:
__________________
Wedang Jahe Kalengan, teman anda melewati malam yang dingin dan sepi!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.