AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-02, 18:16   Link #8541
kusanagi25
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
so did the doctor get that mark from cruz

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-02 at 21:58. Reason: Don't link to sites like that.
kusanagi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 19:15   Link #8542
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pir View Post
Does this mean that Cruz can be first person to have natural Zero? If 2nd Christ lost all fragments he may lost his Zero. If Cruz will be in future 3nd Christ he must have ability to learn all fragments.
I believe that Zero is an fragment exclusive to the Adam series, meaning that the Second Christ didn't have Zero but rather every fragment but Zero and that Zero is the ability to learn all the fragments provided that the user can utilize their brain in a way to understand every fragment. In a sense, I don't think there's a 'natural' Zero that the Second Christ had, rather he possessed the original of every Fragment. But then that's like you said, a 'natural' Zero.

Our information on the Second Christ and his abilities are a bit limited with the given information we have so it's still tentative but that's my interpretation of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
so if Arclight displays a specific Agnishwattas Stigmata when he uses a high level of its power, and Blade had a Stigmata that he lost when he gave out Doppleganger...does that mean that Blade's Stigmata was specifically Doppleganger? And would that mean Eve potentially carries it now, unawakened?
Yeah, people are thinking that Stigmatas reflect the actual Fragments being used rather than the user using them. However, it is required that the user have a high amount of Eden's Seed in them to have the power to actually manifest the Stigmata. But if they're linked to the Fragment being used, that would explain why Arclight and Blade both showed the same Stigmata when using Doppelganger and why Arclight was able to show one when using Agnishwattas despite that being a part of Zero. I'd imagine that we'll see Arclight (or maybe even Blade) with Teruyama's fragment later should they use a super powered Flame attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
my thoughts on that are a little simpler than yours, i think they are going to have a hard fight and then arclight will kill Riru in favor of a clone or has already done so and the pretty girl sqaud will find out, they are after all loyal to Riru over Arclight i think.

btw where did this talk of Yamada being a zero come from did i miss something? or is 101 out already?
Interesting thoughts but I don't see Riru being taken out of the manga before we see her fight. I'd love to see her in action since the only time we ever saw her fight was in Genesis and that wasn't really much of a fight at all.

And no, these are all just speculation on what Cruz's power is. Needless 101 will come out on the 19th of this month, so still a ways away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post

so did the doctor get that mark from cruz
It's quite possible, especially given the body shape of the patient Mengroze is working on but stranger things have happened in Needless. What I mean by that is that Mengroze is a part of Blade's memory, so that means that Blade and Mengroze met sometime in the past. There may be a connection there if it is not Cruz who burned the mark on Mengroze's palm.

But if you want my thoughts on it, I think it is Cruz.
__________________

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-02 at 21:58. Reason: removed link
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 19:19   Link #8543
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Avvesione@ Well if we want to be fair that part, the one when mengroze got burn.from the patient .The same scene happen with AA. when cruz active his own power. Try to see both the pic and you will see their are the same minus who is in the pic.There is was the same burst of energy the only thing that change is..that in the one with AA we see the follow up.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 19:36   Link #8544
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Avvesione@ Well if we want to be fair that part, the one when mengroze got burn.from the patient .The same scene happen with AA. when cruz active his own power. Try to see both the pic and you will see their are the same minus who is in the pic.There is was the same burst of energy the only thing that change is..that in the one with AA we see the follow up.
I see what you mean there, so.... that IS chip could have been blocking the part of the brain that controls Yamada's power and when the doctor put it in it lashed out and burned him and when arclight took it out i reactivated.... well that's just one in about a million possiblities
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 07:56   Link #8545
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere between this world and the next
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post
so did the doctor get that mark from cruz
Good question. He told Cruz (in the memory world) he didn't remember who the patient was - but hiding the chip in his head should have been pretty memorable. On the other hand, Cruz himself speculates a little later on that Mengroze was lying.... and that the owner of the Stigmata may have been someone Blade knows. And if I'm going to claim Imai is giving us clues in the form of visual similarities, I suppose I shouldn't ignore the one Soji pointed out...

(BTW, I happened to notice that bit while skimming that part of the story for instances of Blade's Stigmata. I thought it had appeared when he used the Fourth Wave, but no, it looks like it's exclusive to Doppelganger. Though there is a continuity error where it suddenly appears on the first page of chapter 88, which makes things a little confusing...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
The reason why I think they'll join together is mainly because of this picture which essentially shows all the good guys except for Teruyama (but that made his entrance an ever bigger surprise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Yeah, Setsuna is arrogant and pretty steadfast in her ways but there should be a way for her and Kuchinashi to join Cruz's team before the arc is over. I don't see them staying enemies for too much longer, especially that's likely Cruz's next destination.
You make a good point about that picture. With Arca finally showing her true colours, that leaves Setsuna and Kuchinashi as the only characters on the "wrong" side. Of course, they could just be there to add to the delicious selection of eye candy - but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them shift their allegiance to Blade's team.

But if Mio's defection wasn't enough to make them change sides, what's it going to take? I wonder if an order to terminate her as a traitor would do the trick? Said order perhaps being issued to a reanimated Nanami and Misaki? I know I've suggested something like this already, but hey, there's always room for a good cat fight...
__________________
Where did it all go wrong?
Sayo A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:18   Link #8546
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere between this world and the next
Since no one else is here, I'm going to start quoting myself.


I put the following half baked idea back in the oven for a while. (It may be a little overdone now.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
We've all been wondering how ANn could apparently travel back to the past and appear to Cruz in the memory world. But what if she was just a figment of Cruz's imagination* , and this vision somehow influences the real ANn's appearance when she comes into existence in the future? I don't think Cruz's fragment has to enter into it though - maybe he just tells the others about her at some point, and that sows the seeds for... whatever process leads to her creation.

* I had yet another crazy idea as I was typing that. Perhaps ANn represents something stored on the data chip, which Cruz was able to communicate with due to the properties of the memory world? Now that would be interesting...
(Since data on a chip is basically just another form of memory, is what I should have said there. In case you were wondering.)

So, if ANn was created from Cruz's imagination, why did she look the way she did? I doubt he's hallucinating a naked young woman with a collar around her neck just because he's at an impressionable age (though anything's possible in this manga). Well, how about this: The chip in his brain contains lost information about the Adam and Eve Projects - which of course would be of immense value to Simeon - and Cruz's subconscious, casting about for someone to help him in a sticky situation, picked up this information, combined it together and used it to create the image of a person sharing aspects of both Blade and Eve.

Or... perhaps it wasn't Cruz who combined the two sets of data. Perhaps he was just reading something that was already stored on the chip: the secret ultimate goal of both Projects. The fact that Blade and Eve are destined to join together into a single being. A being who represents the best qualities of each and is closer to God than either...

All right, I know what you're thinking. We've seen ANn in Needless 1.5, and she seems to be far from a perfect being. But then things don't always work out as planned, do they? And after all, that's just the start of her story. Who knows how she'll develop in the course of part 2?
__________________
Where did it all go wrong?
Sayo A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:23   Link #8547
Ynot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I finished uploading our latest and last chapter to the Pew pew site. It's a Needless Zero chapter which everyone who has seen the anime will recognize. Enjoy
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 07:31   Link #8548
Deathscyther
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Since no one else is here, I'm going to start quoting myself.


I put the following half baked idea back in the oven for a while. (It may be a little overdone now.)

(Since data on a chip is basically just another form of memory, is what I should have said there. In case you were wondering.)

So, if ANn was created from Cruz's imagination, why did she look the way she did? I doubt he's hallucinating a naked young woman with a collar around her neck just because he's at an impressionable age (though anything's possible in this manga). Well, how about this: The chip in his brain contains lost information about the Adam and Eve Projects - which of course would be of immense value to Simeon - and Cruz's subconscious, casting about for someone to help him in a sticky situation, picked up this information, combined it together and used it to create the image of a person sharing aspects of both Blade and Eve.

Or... perhaps it wasn't Cruz who combined the two sets of data. Perhaps he was just reading something that was already stored on the chip: the secret ultimate goal of both Projects. The fact that Blade and Eve are destined to join together into a single being. A being who represents the best qualities of each and is closer to God than either...

All right, I know what you're thinking. We've seen ANn in Needless 1.5, and she seems to be far from a perfect being. But then things don't always work out as planned, do they? And after all, that's just the start of her story. Who knows how she'll develop in the course of part 2?
I've been thinking the same thing. The Adam and Eve Projects were planning to combine Adam and Eve at some point. I guess Gido kind of confirmed this:


I guess that the information on the chip could have been the reason why Cruz's 'power' took the shape of AnN during that time in the memory world. I'm not completely sure yet though. It could have been because of another reason as wel. Cruz views both Blade and Eve as his saviors. So he could have 'thought up' the aggregation of Blade and Eve as the perfect being in his mind and that's why his 'power' appeared like that.

Anyways, I don't think that Cruz will have anything to do with the 'creation' of the real AnN. I think it's just a coincidence that she appeared before Cruz in order to fool the readers. How I think that AnN will be created:
Spoiler for Theory:
__________________
Deathscyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 08:46   Link #8549
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^
This is Eve during the second part of the story. Sorry, but a fusion isn't happening. Besides, the theory gets dismissed the moment you recall Adam N. lacks Doppelganger.

Also, Gido's speech isn't hiding anything we already know about. The whole thing was to explain Mengroze falling to madness and his obsession with experimenting with humans and turning them into deformed subjects. There's nothing else to search out.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 09:26   Link #8550
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere between this world and the next
I've said it before, but that picture of Eve doesn't prove anything. It comes from the original Needless doujin, and we have no way of knowing how far the current story deviates from that - other than the fact that several entirely new characters have been added (Cruz, Arca, Saten and Uten, for example, and those are just the ones Imai mentions explicitly on his website). And if characters as important as those can be added to the story, they can just as easily be taken away. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that image was deliberately chosen to throw us off the scent.

As for Doppelganger, if you can lose it once you can lose it again. Maybe Cruz has ended up with it. Or ANn could simply have forgotten she has it. Or her brain is so messed up that it just doesn't work any more.

I disagree about Gido's speech too. I think he's giving us a pretty big hint there...
__________________
Where did it all go wrong?
Sayo A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 10:39   Link #8551
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
This is all my opinion too, and I gathered enough hints that prove Adam N. isn't a fusion of any sorts. Furthermore, the most recent developments gave me even more reasons to not toss away or change my thoughts.

As usual, there's just no way we can come to a common agreement
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 11:47   Link #8552
erapath
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between heart and soul.
Thank you pew pew's staffs for all work.

No scanlation anymore, but the spoilers also make me happy.
I hope someone will still do spoilers for it.

Thank you. :-D
v
v

Last edited by erapath; 2012-04-07 at 12:08.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:06   Link #8553
Ynot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
^ js06 will release the scripts on his mangahelpers page once again and he's usually extremely fast at finishing those when he has the raw so you don't have to worry about that too much.
__________________

Last edited by Ynot; 2012-04-07 at 12:16.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 14:00   Link #8554
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
just read extra 4 koma about girl squad silly attempt to mess both Adams
its so amusing that make me have less will to go out and kill some prisoner today
especially when Archlight try funny joke by turning bottom half of his body to some round things with teeth and yell "PUMPKIN!" but no one watch him
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:46   Link #8555
thor94
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Spoiler for cruz power:
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 07:23   Link #8556
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^Lol, no. Any needless can survive all this you say, it has nothing to do with a fragment. Seriously...
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:35   Link #8557
thor94
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^Lol, no. Any needless can survive all this you say, it has nothing to do with a fragment. Seriously...
Spoiler for cruz:
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:38   Link #8558
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
thor94
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 10:01   Link #8559
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Spoiler for spoiler:
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 16:33   Link #8560
js06
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
I just got my copy of Volume 14 and it has a Disk data bank where Kami gives the origins of some of the names.


Mengroze (メングローズ) comes from Menglod (メングロズ) another name for the Norse goddess Freyja. (He says he changed it to メングローズ because he didn't like how メングロズ sounded. I guess a more accurate romanization would be Menglode given this information.

Voras (ヴォーラス) should actually be Volos which is Russian for hair.

I got this one right, but he outright states that Strom's group is Overlord not Overload.

Strom is German for "great river".

The Eir system comes from the name of another Norse goddess.

Lastly, Overlord's base is Lyfjaberg which is the name of the hill Eir sits upon in Norse mythology.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.