AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 72 53.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-07, 14:48   Link #41
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram1106 View Post
Holy shit! Aerial battle between Gilgamesh and Beserker was fucking awesome.
BTW Gilgamesh having fun with his UFO.What is that?
Vimana, Gilgamesh's UFO/aeroplane from his treasury.

It runs on mercury fuel and powered by solar panels that said to propel the machine at the speed of thought. Vimana also have the ancient equivalents of machineguns and nuclear warheads. Although Gilgamesh is more fond of using his Gate of Babylon to shoot swords and protect himself with magical shields.

Anyways, I heard rumors that we would be watching a double episode (both EP 14 and 15) this week.

I guess those rumors were wrong.

Last edited by willyvereb; 2012-04-07 at 15:38.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 14:53   Link #42
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was a bit weird to see Berserker chase Gilgamesh round whilst he's smirking because it made me think of Tom & Jerry. But it was still pretty cool. i don't know how Berserker got on that aircraft but when I saw him, I nearly shat brix. And then we had a face off between Kariya and Tokiomi whilst the giant abomination remained oddly silent. Both of these confrontations seemed weirdly detached from what was going on with the monster but this is small gripe too. Everything else was just fantastic.

I don't understand why Lancer can't just ride with Rider, though. I wonder if Kiritsugu is going to ask Lancer to die or something so Saber can Excalibur that monster's ass.

I've already figured out what Kotomine is going to do but only because of a certain revelation revealed in UBW so I won't say anything...

And now we've finally seen the end of one master. It took a while for him to shut up but I'm just glad he's gone...

And that Ending Theme was beautiful.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:08   Link #43
Kaiba

It's kind of strange. Out of all the great scenes, Uryu's last scene I thought was really the most well done, and I didn't particularly remember it in the light novels.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:16   Link #44
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
It's kind of strange. Out of all the great scenes, Uryu's last scene I thought was really the most well done, and I didn't particularly remember it in the light novels.
That's because the adaptation expanded upon it significantly.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:19   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Kiritsugu basically stated they had to off Lancer before they could deal with Caster though.
No, he said that since Saber couldn't use her Nobe Phantasm due to Lancer's curse, they had to count on "the chivalry of the Servants" to win the fight. Besides, when are Saber and Lancer going to have the time to duel here? They're in the middle of stopping Caster from making it to the shore or it's game over.
Old 2012-04-07, 15:54   Link #46
zRyuu

I see 3 options to win without Archer/Berserker.
1. Lancer cancels the curse willingly (if that's even possible without him dying. maybe destroying his own spear could cancel it). Then, Saber uses her noble phantasm to kill Cthulthu in 1 hit like Kiritsugu mentioned.
2. Saber fights Lancer and kills him or Kiritsugu kills Lancer's Master, but as far as we know she isn't even there. Then, Saber uses her NP.
3. They all fight together and somehow defeat it without using Saber's NP.

Number 2 isn't likely because I doubt Saber and Lancer have the time to finish their duel and Lancer's master doesn't seem to be there. Saber and Lancer probably wouldn't want to finish their duel like that anyways.
Number 3 seems hard due to Cthulthu's regeneration speed even with Ionioi Hetairoi...

I like how all the servants have a different type of NP. It makes them suitable in some scenarios and not so much in others, e.g. Ionioi Hetairoi vs all the assasins, or Saber's NP vs Cthulthu.

Last edited by zRyuu; 2012-04-07 at 16:22.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 16:07   Link #47
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Extreme egomania + narcissism + lack of compassion = not want.

Awesome as a bad guy, though.
Gilgamesh is compassionate if the person is worthy enough to his eyes. He treats Kirei kindly.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 17:52   Link #48
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Anyone happen to know the ED theme?
Old 2012-04-07, 18:02   Link #49
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Gilgamesh is compassionate if the person is worthy enough to his eyes. He treats Kirei kindly.
Uh... I don't know if I would choose those words to describe how Goldy views Kirei, or treats him.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 18:08   Link #50
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Uh... I don't know if I would choose those words to describe how Goldy views Kirei, or treats him.
Indeed, I'd say he treats him more like someone merely intriguing/entertaining to him.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 18:13   Link #51
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Anyone happen to know the ED theme?
Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau by Haruna Luna.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 18:30   Link #52
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I like how convenient Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon because he actually have something like that aerial craft/throne in his disposal. Makes you wonder, how advance exactly are people in his era? The Archer vs. Berserker fight is cool. Missiles vs. swords and spears .

On a random note, I really don't like the opening too much. Last season's much better IMO.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 18:47   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent episode. Tokiomi's reasoning for giving Sakura up is sound (for a magus), I have to admit. It's just... he gave her to the worst possible person! Makes me rage...

I am torn about Ryuunosuke because.... I don't want to admit it but he was fun. Him and Caster were villains you hate to love and the way they saw something we deplore as being beautiful is awful but awesome at the same time. Quite conflicting.

The new OP is great. Kalafina is always welcome in my book. The sequence was iffy, like the ** coming out of Iri and a young Kiritisugu out of no where, but it was still good. The ED is so sad... it will have me crying at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
the UFO is the vimana, from hindu mythology

Gil's version is powered by a thermonuclear reactor and has actual thermonuclear warheads for missiles...
Thatwas great, Gil even has a pimp ride!
Old 2012-04-07, 18:51   Link #54
Ringil

The ending had some very nice CGs. This episode had a lot of fighting, but I felt the battle between Gil and Berserker was very detached from the the rest of the fighting. It ruined a bit of the immersion, but it was still pretty awesome.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 19:00   Link #55
Yuna Amakura

Personally, I never cared about Ryuunosuke so all I can say is good ridance. At least his death was cool, though. Headshots are just perfect ♥

The ED is very meaningful and sad but I'm not that fond of slideshows. OP doesn't flow well with the song but whatever. At least no one is shouting in both OP and ED this time around.

It was a nice episode with wonderful CGs.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 20:34   Link #56
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Can't Rider just simply pull this giant octupus inside of his reality marble and let his dozens of soldiers do the rest, like he did with assassin?
Old 2012-04-07, 20:47   Link #57
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Can't Rider just simply pull this giant octupus inside of his reality marble and let his dozens of soldiers do the rest, like he did with assassin?
It would regenerate constantly, rendering his Marble visually impressive but effectively pointless. It would be no better suited for the task than UBW, Gates of Babylon, or Berserker throwing poles at it.
Old 2012-04-07, 21:04   Link #58
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
He's the only one who has asked him what does he want and if he's satisfied with what he has. Not even his father has ever bothered to reach out for him like that or Tokiomi. This is a man who lives in non stop constant agony.

Sure, he's fun, but he is helping him to be happy. He'll even offer him the Grail in episode 12 in some way. Something he considers his and wouldn't share with others. Kirei bitched at him, sassed him, called him evil and dismissed him. But look at the way Gilgamesh talks to him? He's familiar and polite and tolerant, unlike the tone he uses with the other people (or Tokiomi, to see an obvious difference. If Tokiomi ever rose his voice in that insolent way, he would have eaten a sword).

He is kind to the subjects who have proved their worth to him. Not just Kotomine, but also the servants in his old kingdom (see UBW musing for this or HA in general).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-04-07 at 21:14.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 21:19   Link #59
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Yeah, it threw me for a loop how different Gilgamesh is around Kirei. He's like a different person.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 21:23   Link #60
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Seems like Gil's UFO is more than on par with current war airplanes, it even allowed him to have a little fun in the process to relieve himself of boredom. Now if only Berserker could get on it to wipe that smirk of his face...
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote