AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-14, 20:51   Link #1341
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Oh God, it wasted me 15 minutes to look for that in vain. Always used watashi before,so even when i know the word 'boku', didn't know the kanji....

Thank there, mate
Can also be pronounced as "shimobe" meaning "servant". Gets confusing when you see sentences like 僕はあなたの僕です。
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 16:19   Link #1342
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 45
Posting this for a friend. He says it's on the bottom of "Bandai Robot" whic is NOT a Gundam.



Thanks in advance.

Endless "Helpful" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:34   Link #1343
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Damn, the resolution is awful.

Well, this seems to be the series it's from. Name of chara: マッドハリケーン (Mad Hurricane). Animated by 東宝 and 旭通. Original manga published by 秋田書店.


Anyone know what the phrase 大分落ちる means? Example sentence: something like あの程度の生徒たちより大分落ちる。 
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:07   Link #1344
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Damn, the resolution is awful.

Well, this seems to be the series it's from. Name of chara: マッドハリケーン (Mad Hurricane). Animated by 東宝 and 旭通. Original manga published by 秋田書店.


Anyone know what the phrase 大分落ちる means? Example sentence: something like あの程度の生徒たちより大分落ちる。 
Thanks, I appreciate it.
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 07:24   Link #1345
Shinji01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Half Australia, Half Tokyo, Bits and pieces in US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Damn, the resolution is awful.

Well, this seems to be the series it's from. Name of chara: マッドハリケーン (Mad Hurricane). Animated by 東宝 and 旭通. Original manga published by 秋田書店.


Anyone know what the phrase 大分落ちる means? Example sentence: something like あの程度の生徒たちより大分落ちる。 

大分 = daibu = significantly 落ちる= ochiru = fall
so guessing from your sentence wold mean:
(It) would be significantly be less/ lower than students of that level.

Of course the "it" would have to be specified in sentences and context before the line used.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 14:29   Link #1346
poisui
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 28
Quote:
发布人的剩余流量不足, 发布的文件无法提供直接下载, 请先保存到网盘

发布者流量不足, 您无法直接下载该文件,请保存到网盘
For anyone who can read Simplified Chinese, can you translate this into English for me? Thank you in advance. =)
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:07   Link #1347
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
For anyone who can read Simplified Chinese, can you translate this into English for me? Thank you in advance. =)
The bandwidth limit for the uploader is exceeded, the uploaded file can not be downloaded directly. Please save to online folder first. (Is this some message from 115.com ?)

The second sentence basically repeats the first.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 15:26   Link #1348
Inactive
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Russia
Send a message via ICQ to Inactive
Need Jetter Mars' lyrics. Can you guys help I wonder?

Quote:
OP1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxZ_q7XQLF0
ひかりまぶしい 日本に
ひとつのいのちが はばたいた
その名はマルス! ジェッター・マルス!
時は2015年
つよいちからを むねにだき
すんだひとみは なにをみる
マルス! マルス! きみはどこへゆく
マルス! マルス! ジェッター・マルス!
マルス! マルス! ジェッター・マルス!
ED1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRxJEyxYR6E
男はつよくなくてはと
きょうもだれかが いうけれど
たたかうために いきてゆく
それでいいのだろうか
わるいやつらを やっつける
それはだいじな ことだけど
いつかぼくにも ほんとうの
つよさがわかる きがするよ
マルス マルス あなたはやさしいこ
マルス マルス それでいいのよ
ED2
おやすみマルス なみだをふいて
きょうのできごと わすれましょうね
ちからいっぱい やったんだもの
だれもあなたを しかりはしない
おやすみマルス おやすみなさい
Inactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 14:33   Link #1349
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DC
Age: 24
Hey guys, need a little help.

Was reading a doujin the other day, and I have problem deciphering this line.

[(みたい) というか…]

I know it reads ['Mitai' to iuka...] but I don't really get what it means.
That line comes right after [いけない事してるみたいでドキドキする?] if it helps.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
ranran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:38   Link #1350
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
ご主人様はご主人様だからです。 自家撞着ですが

This is an answer to the question "why are you calling me your master?"

Need help on the 自家撞着ですが part.

I get from the dictionary that it means "self contradiction". I just don't know what exactly it means here. What is contradicting what?
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 14:18   Link #1351
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
Hey guys, need a little help.

Was reading a doujin the other day, and I have problem deciphering this line.

[(みたい) というか]

I know it reads ['Mitai' to iuka...] but I don't really get what it means.
That line comes right after [いけない事してるみたいでドキドキする?] if it helps.

Thanks in advance.
[いけない事してるみたいでドキドキする?]
I'm excited, it feels as if I'm doing something I shouldn't.

['Mitai' to iuka...]
It's not "as if"...

It means that person really is doing something he/she shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
ご主人様はご主人様だからです。 自家撞着ですが

This is an answer to the question "why are you calling me your master?"

Need help on the 自家撞着ですが part.

I get from the dictionary that it means "self contradiction". I just don't know what exactly it means here. What is contradicting what?
I don't really get this either. Maybe if you provide more background contexts it could make more sense. Where is it from?
Though if I'm to blindly take a guess, probably because the supposed Master ended up doing the servant's works instead? Basically the master's not acting up like a master should.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 17:22   Link #1352
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DC
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
[いけない事してるみたいでドキドキする?]
I'm excited, it feels as if I'm doing something I shouldn't.

['Mitai' to iuka...]
It's not "as if"...

It means that person really is doing something he/she shouldn't.
Thank you very much!
__________________
ranran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:31   Link #1353
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

I don't really get this either. Maybe if you provide more background contexts it could make more sense. Where is it from?
Though if I'm to blindly take a guess, probably because the supposed Master ended up doing the servant's works instead? Basically the master's not acting up like a master should.
It is from the "Seirei tsukai no blade dance" light novel, vol1. Basically, the background story is that the guy is the "master" of the girl, except he didn't know about it since she took the form of a sword and they had no communication until then. So he asked her why she was calling him master, and that was the answer.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 14:55   Link #1354
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
It is from the "Seirei tsukai no blade dance" light novel, vol1. Basically, the background story is that the guy is the "master" of the girl, except he didn't know about it since she took the form of a sword and they had no communication until then. So he asked her why she was calling him master, and that was the answer.
Hmm...sorry, I still don't quite get it . Maybe someone else can help on this.

Oh btw, I did a little research and found out that in that universe, a male master is basically unheard of. Perhaps the "self-contradicting" part refers to how her master's existence shouldn't be possible?
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 21:46   Link #1355
Tom Bombadil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Hmm...sorry, I still don't quite get it . Maybe someone else can help on this.

Oh btw, I did a little research and found out that in that universe, a male master is basically unheard of. Perhaps the "self-contradicting" part refers to how her master's existence shouldn't be possible?
I am sorry for the late reply. No, not really. From the context, the speaker (the girl) of that sentence knows their relationship, the guy is in the dark. I checked the licensed Chinese translation, it was generally quite faithful, but it invented some thing unrelated for this sentence.

Thanks all the same.
__________________
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:35   Link #1356
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Looking for any translation! Thanks!

今日の外人さん「しっかりしろ日本!原発を捨てるな!石油精製所の爆発事故で俺の叔父さんも他に何人も死ん だ!」(けど頑張ってる的な意味につながるのかと思う) ・・・重いよ!!
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:40   Link #1357
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Today a foreigner said, "Hang in there Japan! Don't abandon your nuclear power plants! My uncle and many others died in fossil fuel refinery accidents!". (But, does that really have anything to do with"hanging in there"?) ... How serious!!
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 20:36   Link #1358
B2-Lancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Today a foreigner said, "Hang in there Japan! Don't abandon your nuclear power plants! My uncle and many others died in fossil fuel refinery accidents!". (But, does that really have anything to do with"hanging in there"?) ... How serious!!

Thanks! Really appreciate this!!!
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 06:01   Link #1359
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Age: 20
Could someone translate this please?

応援歌!「アゲぽよ~♪」
__________________
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 16:28   Link #1360
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
応援=support, 歌=song. So: promotional/support song (think cheerleaders/chants etc)

アゲぽよ= (...) one of those weird slangs which keep popping up. アゲ=contraction of アゲアゲ(tension/mood up, like in a club or something). ぽよ=something that sounds cute. So overall something along the lines of "tense/excited" used by schoolgirls.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
song, translation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.