AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-07, 21:01   Link #81
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep1:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 04:52   Link #82
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I'm not sure who'd have a fetish for an anthropomorphic assault weapon experiencing her sexual awakening at the sight of her sensei's gentle yet experienced handling of a toy gun, but I have to admit, it is pretty hilarious and oddly endearing.
I found it oddly sexy too. Or maybe not so oddly. The innuendo is pretty obvious, it's just a weird way to frame it.. even for anime.

This show was surprisingly fun. The girls are a riot so far, the only annoying/stupid character is the teacher. He got repetitive even with such a limited presence. I hope he goes away.

I see they went for the Kanokon/Ladies vs Butlers aesthetic. Its a nice choice for erotically aligned comedies, I think. I like that they made it a little sexy without compromising the cuteness levels, that's very important to me. The level of fanservice was at a balanced and unobtrusive level, and I hope it stays that way throughout. While this (like the other two aforementioned shows) probably won't be a slam-dunk, it will be a lot of fun if it stays as good as this episode throughout.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:00   Link #83
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
this will be something, seeing as there will be a lot of guns depicted.

also, DAT FG42.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:15   Link #84
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
there are 2 problems i saw in this, first they tried to make sense of the plot, and it ends making things just akward. The other thing are the designs, they have hugely fat legs, and it doesnt look sexy just fat, and personally i hope they dont increase the ecchi.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 09:12   Link #85
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Seen first episode.
That Funko girl is sooo excitable.
I ROFL-ed when she lost it with sensei's stupidity!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 11:57   Link #86
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Eh? Eh??!! EEHHH!!!!

I just sat there and boggled for the whole episode.

That said, I'll probably give it the three episode taste test as it could turn into one of those 'guilty pleasure' shows which are a bit mad but you watch them because they're a bit mad.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:16   Link #87
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
I'm sorry but I took a look at the manga and boggle at this being made into an anime. The girls are guns.. what a crock not a single one ever turn into a gun.. so it's like calling gun toting girls guns.. Do not see anything in this series. The way they started off with thong talk and that I thought maybe it's an ecchi series to make this anime worth anything but that is not even the case.

Still boggling that this was made into an anime.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:55   Link #88
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
I'm still wondering what's weirder, this, or Akikan.

I think this will end up being better, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
The way they started off with thong talk and that I thought maybe it's an ecchi series to make this anime worth anything but that is not even the case.
Maybe I'm easy to please, but I think the mere mention that she's wearing that is sexy. It allows your mind to fill in the blanks. (And they're rather good at almost showing it too, further adding to the tease.) Just like it is with scares, sometimes it's what they don't show that's most effective.

Not that I'm trying to coax you into liking it. I'm just sayin'.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 15:04   Link #89
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall
Umm ... Akikan is weirder imo. DEFINITELY weirder.

That being said, I found that ep 1 was a pretty faithful adaptation of the manga - the OP had a bunch of the cast of charas cameo across the screen I recognized.

Even so, with both the manga and the first ep I still am leaning towards not actively following the series on a week-to-week basis. Maybe later on when all eps are out I might steamroll it.... Maybe.
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:31   Link #90
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
Even so, with both the manga and the first ep I still am leaning towards not actively following the series on a week-to-week basis. Maybe later on when all eps are out I might steamroll it.... Maybe.
Yea I'm going to have to agree with you on this Flower. As a reader of the manga reader I have to say I think while anime has been some what faithful to its manga counterpart I feel the anime is taking a bit too many liberties with this adaptation for me so like you I may not follow it on a weekly basis but maybe watch it in short burst of two to three episodes.

My personal opinion just another case of source material being just a little better then the adaptation I guess.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 21:32   Link #91
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
So this series is what guns would be like if there where girls
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 21:36   Link #92
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Someone care to explain this series because I simply don't get it...From the description I was expecting Mechamusume-esque shenanigans and while the girls clearly have some mechanical parts inside them nothing else about them is gun-like in the least?

I just fail to understand the logic of the show...The main girl clearly identifies herself as a gun, but we never once see her display the ability to become a weapon herself only to wield guns? Does she magically transform into one and for some reason they felt the need to not show this yet?

The idea of girls in the shape of guns interests me but the fact that they don't seem to explain this aspect even a little has me thoroughly confused.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 23:46   Link #93
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So this series is what guns would be like if there where girls
No, if guns were girls the male half of humanity would be dead. This is about what girls would be like if they were guns. I think.

I only gave this show a chance because it's on Crunchyroll, and I expected to dump it after the first episode, but the premise is so weird and the fanservice was minimal enough that I'll keep watching for now. And hope it'll get a second season, just to annoy the guys at ANN who all freaked out at the premise.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:06   Link #94
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Before you using the gun. Watch this.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:21   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What's with that guy and his obsession over middle school girls' underwear? Is it alright for him to be a teacher?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 12:25   Link #96
zyta
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Send a message via MSN to zyta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What's with that guy and his obsession over middle school girls' underwear? Is it alright for him to be a teacher?
They're technically guns so does it not count...?
__________________

zyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 12:47   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
He didn't know that when he started obsessing about it. If they couldn't shoot him, he'd totally organize underwear inspections.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:49   Link #98
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What's with that guy and his obsession over middle school girls' underwear? Is it alright for him to be a teacher?
Hahaha well more of a fact that a vast majority of teachers in anime really shouldn't be teachers but hey they are

Found it somewhat amusing with his obsession(I'd question a man not having a obsession for thongs even if it's a school girl wearing them) but I do believe that at the start was all their was of it. Can't recall it being brought up again or much at all later on.

Wasn't bad but wasn't great either, the start was always kinda meh, it's later on when it gets better.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 16:25   Link #99
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Aww, the premise of "guns" getting excited because they are being felt up on and gripped seemed to be a pretty funny twist on the typical "cute 4-5 girls do cute stuff" spiel. I did like those jokes. Unfortunately, the not so great character designs and the really bad BGM (You probably get better stuff out of the Super NES), and poor editing made it somewhat frustrating to watch. Oh well, it's Xebec after all-- unfortunate really; I'll come back to this some day.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:50   Link #100
Valky
Harbinger of Sorrow
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
To be honest, it's not really interesting ..

The animation is average at most, the comedy also not particularly funny. I guess I'll skip this one.
__________________
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.