AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-09, 09:21   Link #18101
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I don't know about that- Mikoto was constantly referred to as an 'Ojousama', maybe not super Anime rich, but clearly very well off and this is reflected in her mentality as well, case in point her booking a hotel room when she's out sneaking around

So yeah, I'm fairly certain the Misaka household has better income... Even if it's just slightly-Alot-More.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 09:37   Link #18102
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
The main problem is why Touma always seems to be broke... I mean, even Saten appears to fare better... Touma practically cries over broken eggs
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 09:39   Link #18103
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
It could also be how boys tend to receive less than girls in general. My own allowance was three times as much as my brothers', and there is this general tendency for less money to boys. Perhaps because of all the part-time jobs a boy could have?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
her booking a hotel room when she's out sneaking around
I don't remember, but I doubt the hotel in this case was a first-class one.


Spoiler for Something I thought about from the Railgun Manga:
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 09:41   Link #18104
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
To sum it up: 不幸だ
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 09:41   Link #18105
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't remember, but I doubt the hotel in this case was a first-class one.
There's also the fact that she eats luxury crepes that make Touma think they put an extra 0 in the prices by mistake.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 09:45   Link #18106
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
There's also the fact that she eats luxury crepes that make Touma think they put an extra 0 in the prices by mistake.
Well, boys tend to not realize that cakes, crepes, and sweets are a bit more expansive than those commercial versions
Sumeragi is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 09:50   Link #18107
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Indeed, sweets are sometimes unexpectedly expensive...

I guess Touma's main problem would be solved if he put Index in a box for adoption, in front of certain hot headed priest's house. He would still have to pay for the trip to England, but it's better than having a pest eat up all his money.

EDIT: Another theory could be that his money is used up paying frequent hospital bills, which he doesn't send to his parents so as not to worry them.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 10:28   Link #18108
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It could also be how boys tend to receive less than girls in general. My own allowance was three times as much as my brothers', and there is this general tendency for less money to boys.
Well, I totally don't argue that monetary example, but allowance aside, remember that it was stated that Academy City pays their students a fee based on their performances (aka level), Touma as a 0 gets a really meager sum, while Mikoto as a lvl 5 should get a decent sum, probably enough to eat out every time she wants to.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 10:31   Link #18109
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Indeed, sweets are sometimes unexpectedly expensive...

I guess Touma's main problem would be solved if he put Index in a box for adoption, in front of certain hot headed priest's house. He would still have to pay for the trip to England, but it's better than having a pest eat up all his money.

EDIT: Another theory could be that his money is used up paying frequent hospital bills, which he doesn't send to his parents so as not to worry them.
Remember Vol.12? Touma isn't only unlucky but he's also easy to trick at the market sales to end buying only soumen .

The allowance he gets from AC as a Level 0 if there is, must be enough to buy some books but not all of the reference material he needs, even with Index to his side he doesn't buys her what she wants (Vol. 5 reference, Ouma's Chapter). I bet the 90% of the allowance he gets from his parents goes to the hospotal bills.

Maybe he is just plain stupid because the memory loss stole his common sense as well.


P.S.: Maybe some sweets are expensive but I find sometimes some cheap ones and the ingredients aren't out of reach... at least for me .
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 10:44   Link #18110
hao-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: philippines
Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama Send a message via Skype™ to hao-sama
Quote:
Academy City, which is normally sealed up, doesn‘t really need a hotel except if they want to host VIPs from other schools.
i think it's safe to say that those hotels are expensive.

also, there's a huge difference between the Level5 stipend and the Level0 one. wasn't it mentioned that they get allowances depending on levels and research involvement? i think it was stated in volume 12 (or 13?) that accelerator never had money problems (until he fed index, which emptied almost his entire wallet) because of the amount of researches he's been in.

misaka is level5 = highest level + prestigious school = more researches = more money. and she's the 3rd ranked too. she's probably been in a lot of legal researches already, at least the ones tokiwadai knows about.

i think touma's not really that poor. he probably loses a lot of money from all that misfortune. and the standard of living in academy city must be pretty high if 2000 yen hotdog stalls can sustain themselves.

also index, he probably went into the reds because of her.

i don't think his family is poor at all. they didn't seem bothered that their house exploded. also, they currently live in the same area as the Misaka family. i'm pretty certain that they're well off.
__________________
hao-sama is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 11:00   Link #18111
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Well, I totally don't argue that monetary example, but allowance aside, remember that it was stated that Academy City pays their students a fee based on their performances (aka level), Touma as a 0 gets a really meager sum, while Mikoto as a lvl 5 should get a decent sum, probably enough to eat out every time she wants to.
So it was stated, I couldn't remember that well... I guess it was just somewhere in my subconscious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
P.S.: Maybe some sweets are expensive but I find sometimes some cheap ones and the ingredients aren't out of reach... at least for me .
Basic sweets are very cheap to make. The problem comes from those using high quality or exotic ingredients... Although still cheaper than buying them, obviously. The added value is sometimes quite high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
misaka is level5 = highest level + prestigious school = more researches = more money. and she's the 3rd ranked too. she's probably been in a lot of legal researches already, at least the ones tokiwadai knows about
There's also stuff like the Shopping Mall Demonstration, I doubt she gets nothing in return for going along.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 11:42   Link #18112
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
So, all that was said so far :
-Level 0
-hospital bills
-destroyed goods
-vending machines and other transaction problems
-Index's stomach
...
looks like everything is somehow related to his right hand in a way or another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
To sum it up: 不幸だ
Yup,

Edit :
Quote:
It could also be how boys tend to receive less than girls in general.
... I guess IB only chooses male host too, who knows?
__________________
Justice will prevail.
Forever and ever.
desrtsku is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 12:58   Link #18113
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
... I guess IB only chooses male host too, who knows?
I wouldn't be suprised if the previous IB holder was a girl who pwned Aleister .
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 14:36   Link #18114
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoiler for Something I thought about from the Railgun Manga:
Been saying that for months
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 15:12   Link #18115
hao-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: philippines
Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama Send a message via Skype™ to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I wouldn't be suprised if the previous IB holder was a girl who pwned Aleister .
Aleister's daughter.

sorry, couldn't resist.
__________________
hao-sama is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 15:51   Link #18116
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
Aleister's daughter.

sorry, couldn't resist.
Not that unlikely.

One of the things Aleister might have tried to do back then was 'advance' to the next generation of Imagine Breaker and give it to someone malleable.

Then he had his illusions broken :trollface:
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 17:36   Link #18117
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Speaking about Touma's monetary assets, I thought it was stated in vol12 or earlier that Touma doesn't get allowances from his parents since they say the Academy City allowance is enough for him?

Mikoto on the other hand, gets a hella lot more of money from AC due to Level 5 + possibly Tokiwadai scholarship (again, due to being Level 5 and ability results). Neither Mikoto or Touma gets money from their families, so there's no point comparing their family background.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 19:48   Link #18118
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
You'd think Necessarius would pay Touma since he's Index's official caretaker (and she eats a lot) and since they have even used him like in the C-Document/Terra arc.

Then again, there's also a certain jean shop owner who complains about not being paid for his assistance on Necessarius affairs... I guess Laura is quite a cheapskate.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 21:49   Link #18119
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
There is a trans of epilogue of railgun psp game in bakatsuki.. Its about white aligator ca and a girl that have machine oil? Ability. can anybody that have played the game explain or give summary of what going on
whitecloud is offline  
Old 2012-04-09, 22:08   Link #18120
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You'd think Necessarius would pay Touma since he's Index's official caretaker (and she eats a lot) and since they have even used him like in the C-Document/Terra arc.

Then again, there's also a certain jean shop owner who complains about not being paid for his assistance on Necessarius affairs... I guess Laura is quite a cheapskate.
Doesn't work that way; If Touma doesn't prove himself useful they would take Index away from him, they have no obligation to pay him, if anything he's the one paying them- with his body!
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.