AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 08:36   Link #561
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Asemu chopping up Desil's MS into bits AND firing beams at the remaining debris to burn it into star dust has to be the most brutal finishing move I've seen in Gundam for a long time.
Now that you mention it. It's indeed one of the most brutal.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:15   Link #562
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Possible counter measure for the Shield fortress
Spoiler for Age-1 special booster pack:
Age Defenser for the Super Age-1 FLAT? I hope it contains hidden ordnance (aside from providing improved speed).
Old 2012-04-09, 22:11   Link #563
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Age Defenser for the Super Age-1 FLAT? I hope it contains hidden ordnance (aside from providing improved speed).
Now that I think about it, I'm a bit annoyed that the darned spoiler is still there even though the AGE System gone.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:25   Link #564
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Maybe the function of the spoiler was changed when the Gundam was removed from the AGE System.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:36   Link #565
casval cehack

Most likely now an attachment point for the "Age Defenser". But the tri-thrusters are indeed separated from the spoiler itself.

On an slightly related note, the gunpla versions doesn't have removable spoilers either.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:54   Link #566
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Most likely now an attachment point for the "Age Defenser". But the tri-thrusters are indeed separated from the spoiler itself.

On an slightly related note, the gunpla versions doesn't have removable spoilers either.
Well, I dont expect it to be removable because of how intergral of a spoiler that is but I guess I was speaking from a "its a redundant, so why not move it" POV. I'm just guessing they just didnt want to spent time and effort removing it.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:56   Link #567
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The real reason is so they don't have to make a new mold for the model if they put it out. That said, there's nothing, IIRC, stating that the spoiler antennae was just for the AGE System. And even if it was, it could've easily been retrofitted for a commander's unit, as the AGE-1 Flat is just that--a commander's unit. It should have the proper set-up to help with Flit's duties.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:06   Link #568
atilim
Knightmare

The new pack for Age 1, I hope it has some high firepower because that is what the Age 1 is mostly lacking.

Age 1 with any set up is to focused on MS vs MS
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:34   Link #569
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Does anyone else suspect the two hard-point looking things on the Shaldoll Custom's shoulders look like they could actually be hard-points? Maybe for missiles, or cannons?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tom_boxart.jpg
Old 2012-04-12, 02:54   Link #570
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Nice big look at the AGE-1 Phoenix from Treasure Star.

Old 2012-04-12, 03:08   Link #571
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

That is quite obviously a fanart/shop though. While it does show the design of the AGE-1 Phoenix, it's hardly official art.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:09   Link #572
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Didn't say it was official.
Old 2012-04-12, 05:23   Link #573
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Does anyone else suspect the two hard-point looking things on the Shaldoll Custom's shoulders look like they could actually be hard-points? Maybe for missiles, or cannons?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tom_boxart.jpg
Plausible, since Mardona had built shoulder attached weapons before: the DoubleBullet lookalike from episode 9...
Old 2012-04-12, 15:02   Link #574
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Man I wish they dived into what that MS was. It looked really neat. I hope we one day get some info on it.
Old 2012-04-12, 19:20   Link #575
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

There's plenty of G variants out there, so its always possible though it looked more like a prototype more than anything. HG Shaldoll Custom seems to say that Madorna does a lot of customized works for a lot of different people, so its likely one of those random ones.

Guess, you're still curious about the hat one as well

Anywaysm calubin translated parts of the HG Shaldoll Custom this over at Mechatalk, thought its worth posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubin_175
Here is what I've got:

The Shaldoll was originally a base model intended for customisation based on client preferences. There were some appealing samples out of the many variations available. During the war against the Vagans, it is formally adopted by the Federation as it fights along side with Genoaces and Adeles, being a popular machine amongst civilians whom are temporarily registered as pilots.

I didn't quite get that sample part and it also mentioned how Woolf had a Shaldoll customised to look like a Gundam, that being the G-Exes.

The Shaldoll Kai is a customised/modified machine, but I can't infer which party applied the changes.

Madorna Factory
Without a fixed home location, it is a custom maker primarily for MS, with its operations held in a gigantic factory ship. It is also active as a military arms manufacturer, progressing with the development of the easily military adoptable Shaldoll since the outbreak of the Vagan war. The factory also holds interests in restoring archaic MS and it somehow once had a Vagan MS stashed in there with yet revealed reason.
Old 2012-04-13, 00:05   Link #576
casval cehack

Anything from the HG Genoace II manual? I believe that the Shaldoll Custom is the elite MS being newer and customizable (before the Adele) and the Genoace II is the mass production unit.
Old 2012-04-13, 00:52   Link #577
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't think the Federation has anything comparable to an "elite" MS. Going by the show, even the Adele is a mook compared to Vagan MS.

Genoace II, Shaldoll Custom, and the Adele look to have the same performance level, even if model kits and dialogue says otherwise.
Old 2012-04-13, 01:04   Link #578
casval cehack

"Elite" as in a hi/lo mix concept for the F-15/F-16 or even the T-64/T-72 production for the Soviets. In this case, the Shaldoll Custom was the more capable unit yet lesser in number compared to Genoace II.
Old 2012-04-13, 01:29   Link #579
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Two new G-Wears from a Gundam AGE PSP game. They look pretty neat.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--c_BO5UqOk...ng/s1600/1.jpg

Their names are Gundead and Sworida.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-04-13 at 01:53.
Old 2012-04-13, 02:10   Link #580
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Anything from the HG Genoace II manual? I believe that the Shaldoll Custom is the elite MS being newer and customizable (before the Adele) and the Genoace II is the mass production unit.
I'm still not quite sure where Shaldoll C. and Genoace II stand, but they don't seem that different in terms of performance of rarity. It seems more of a different type of MS. One is more customizable versions of a model designed to be customizable, while the other is already the evolution of a goverment design. Shaldolls are likely less common but not necessarily "elite", just adopted to a certain extent. The fact that they use the same armaments might suggest the similarity in power levels as well, where the Adele gets more fancy stuff like an actual DODS Rifle and........Spallow/Titus options.

I do remember a line from a magazine that says that the Adele replaced the Genoace II as the EF's premier mass produced MS though, which sort of gives a hint of which mass production one was the common. I think the manuals might say something similar.

Quote:
I don't think the Federation has anything comparable to an "elite" MS. Going by the show, even the Adele is a mook compared to Vagan MS.

Genoace II, Shaldoll Custom, and the Adele look to have the same performance level, even if model kits and dialogue says otherwise.
The Adele's case isn't really helped by their two super subpar spokespilots at the moment. I personally would say the Genoace II of Diva outclasses Diva Adeles.

Quote:
Two new G-Wears from a Gundam AGE PSP game. They look pretty neat.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--c_BO5UqOk...ng/s1600/1.jpg

Their names are Gundead and Sworida.
There are more I believe but these two are my favorites at the moment. The right one is especially awesome and gives a strong 00 Gundam feel. If it's actually named Swordia, then there's more teason for me to like it because if its one thing I love more than 00 Gundam, its 00 Gundam with swords. The black heavy armor design is awesome too, that should have replaced Titus in my opinion (yeah, I dont like Titus very much).

Looks like they'll be joining the Gold Arrow as alternative timelines AGE-1 wears I guess.