AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 26
10: Amazing... 17 41.46%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 12 29.27%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 19.51%
7 out of 10: Good... 1 2.44%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 2.44%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.44%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-10, 02:02   Link #101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Meh. I'm more worried about how an adrenaline rush can improve your mecha's thrust, which is a staple of that kind of show. Having it destroy your inhibitions so you can go all out for once? That's normal.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 03:32   Link #102
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Unlike X-Rounder talent isn't a hereditary detail and so his son may take after the grandfather more than the father.... especially if said father is missing.
I think Asem could be proof that X-Rounder is not hereditary either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. I'm more worried about how an adrenaline rush can improve your mecha's thrust, which is a staple of that kind of show. Having it destroy your inhibitions so you can go all out for once? That's normal.
The maximum thrust is the same, but I assume that people who have no inhibition would be more willing to push their mechas to the limit.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 04:01   Link #103
maknaedik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paranaque, Metro Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think Asemu just move on rage and wasn't thinking at all, that's why Desil could not read him. Asemu move is like rolling a dice, even he himself does not know what exactly he will do next.

I want to see next ep where the spirit of Woolf will ask Asemu to turn off all sensors and tell him to "Use the force"

I wonder if Flit is next after Woolf , I hope not, I really want to see Flit in Age 3 timeline
It's confirmed that he'll show up in Age 3's timeline
__________________
I'm a red gunpla collector. I collect everything that's red. But my priorities are MG->1/100->HGs unless they're super rare

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 05:48   Link #104
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
None of that listed factors into actual piloting EXPERIENCE though... Read what it's explaining. X-Rounder ability is basically magic, okay so he sucks at being a Magician. But what does Gravity Blood Lactate even mean? Okay he has good reflexes. The other one seems related to muscle-response timing.
You seriously don't know how are those fighter pilot trains themselves? They are not spending 24/7 of their time in the jet.

And Asemu did show his analyzing skill, or at least a proper action to take during battle when he's in the AGE-1. It's just that after all those X-rounder and Zeheart bullshit that basically made him into a rage machine.

Let's ignore the fact that the trainer also told him that's he a very good pilot.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 06:25   Link #105
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Well, Asemu read too much into the single D. As audience with a broader overview of the story, I think we should be wiser than Asemu was.

And X-Rounder abilities clearly aren't everything. True it gave the pilot the benefit of foresight, but it can easily be matched with nimble reflexes and control. Both Asemu and Woolf were living examples of such pilots who could fight on par with X-Rounders.

And then again, what really makes a person an X-Rounder, and what constitute their abilities? From the show, their foresight-reading abilities are exemplified by being able to see mirages of a person's future moves. But maybe it is more a result of the brain being enlightened, being able to predict the moves to an extremely high accuracy count, where this particular ability can be improved with training and experience?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 10:37   Link #106
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ve Land
I think i will miss Desil more than Woolf. I'm pretty disappointed by the way Desil was treated in Asemu's arc. Desil was given special treatment in the 1st arc, and in the 2nd arc he seems to be forever in Zeheart's shadow. I don't really mind this, but i'm disappointed that even not being the arc's big bad ,the writers seem to want to screw him over in all ways possible. They made Desil really pathetic in this arc, he was way cooler in the 1st arc. Still i'm curious why Desil wasn't the 2nd arc's big bad(and why Zeheart was given the even special treatment instead), was it part of Sir Ez-whatever-his-name-is' plan or was it because Desil screwed up big time at the end of the 1st arc.

EDIT: Ever since the anti-beam particles missile made its appearance in the 1st arc, i was wondering : Wouldn't the missiles be a double edge sword in some cases since the federation's beam would have difficulty reaching the enemy? I don't really have a problem with that in this episode considering they didn't want stray beams hitting the ring. But i always thought that the missile should have screwed Grodek's strategy in winning the battle.

EDIT 2 : But then again this is gundam, so yea.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 12:27   Link #107
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
It's probably the kind that lasts only 1-2 shots compared to Gundam 00's beam dispersal.

In the heat of battle losing 1-2 shots can mean a lot.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 17:26   Link #108
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 27
bagh Desil should have been killed by Flit, especially after all of the humiliation he suffered at the hands of Flit he just gets killed by his weaker son.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 17:33   Link #109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I don't think calling Asem "weaker" than Flit is really justified at this point. He trashed Desil, who was in a superior machine, without the need of super-speed/agility parts, purely with just a couple regular beam sabers and physical force. He didn't need the Twin DODS Rifles or the massive beam swords.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:15   Link #110
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
I kinda wanted Desil to become the Yazan Gable of AGE, but instead they gave him the druggie from Seed treatment. Strong vs nameless grunts but utterly useless against named main characters.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:48   Link #111
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So stop writing him off as some rookie who doesn't know what he's doing. He's not perfect but he's improved. If you're so biased against the show as to not be able to see that, then no one here can help you.
I believe people are just being overly judgmental because he's a another young Gundam pilot. I mean come on people just because he isn't a battle harden veteran dosen't mean he has no idea what he's doing...
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:56   Link #112
AltSpace
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Poor wolfie
AltSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:27   Link #113
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I believe people are just being overly judgmental because he's a another young Gundam pilot. I mean come on people just because he isn't a battle harden veteran dosen't mean he has no idea what he's doing...
Well, I doubt that if people dislike Asemu because of his ''lack of experience'' at the start, I think you can mostly ignore his skills (which is better then Flit if you compared him until Flit became a X-rounder)

I can't mention a single main character (gundam pilot of course) that was experienced in battle, the closest thing we have is mostly a pilot who had extensive training like pilots from destiny, OO and wing.

I have no dislike for Asemu personally (disappointed if he doesn't become a X-rounder) but I do find his constant whining annoying. He has farther complex I understand but they went kind of to far with his daddy issues.

Also it is usually normal to dislike main characters with issues which most people find shallow. A recent anime Accel World has a main character that is pig like figure (his own avatar is a pig) and people also dislike him for being a whiner.

If Asemu was more like Rody Madorna then I think he would be more popular.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:25   Link #114
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
If Asemu was more like Rody Madorna then I think he would be more popular.
Oh, like a side character. And is Rody popular?

I don't think Asem is shallow. His conflict is not that simple; it all came from his upbringing and his desire to overcome his weaknesses. I don't think it is whining, but an attempt to sort these issues himself.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:30   Link #115
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I believe people are just being overly judgmental because he's a another young Gundam pilot. I mean come on people just because he isn't a battle harden veteran dosen't mean he has no idea what he's doing...
He can't even be called that. At current Asem is older than most Gundam protagonists.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 13:02   Link #116
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Oh, like a side character. And is Rody popular?

I don't think Asem is shallow. His conflict is not that simple; it all came from his upbringing and his desire to overcome his weaknesses. I don't think it is whining, but an attempt to sort these issues himself.
That guy isn't popular (only 1 eps ) but he is a more pleasant character to watch then Asemu.

Overcoming a weakness is good but in Asemu's case they took the overcoming part to far.

If the writers decided to take a different approach like or trying to find a way to fight X-rounders in a different way instead of constant whining and slamming his hands.

It may be a bit more cliché but having a standard formula for certain aspects of a show isn't wrong.

Flit during Age 1 was a likeable character from the start even though he failed at piloting at the start of the show compared to Woolf.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 13:18   Link #117
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
That guy isn't popular (only 1 eps ) but he is a more pleasant character to watch then Asemu.
That's because he's only there for 1 episode. It's easy to pin likeable to something we don't really know.

Quote:
Overcoming a weakness is good but in Asemu's case they took the overcoming part to far.
That is because that is part of his story. And the answer to that is not simple. The causes themselves are not something he could control nor something he had experienced dealing before.

Quote:
If the writers decided to take a different approach like or trying to find a way to fight X-rounders in a different way instead of constant whining and slamming his hands.
Like how? Just curious.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:04   Link #118
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
That's because he's only there for 1 episode. It's easy to pin likeable to something we don't really know.


That is because that is part of his story. And the answer to that is not simple. The causes themselves are not something he could control nor something he had experienced dealing before.


Like how? Just curious.
Well personally I would have liked if Asemu would be more melee focussed pilot since they did hinted that going melee was his niche during the first episode when decided to duel wield.

Another way for him to reach the level he desires was given to us during episode 20 when the instructor told him not be rush it so much or when Woolf told him to move more freely. Both of their tips involves to be more calm and not focus more which would have allow him to make less mistakes during fights without becoming a X-rounder.

Another reason why I disliked how they handled Asmu is that ever since his defeat in eps 20 Woolf has been trying cheer him up every time his inferior complex took over. Their are 5 episode in total involving Asemu and his personal issues

I like Asemu's skill as a pilot, but maybe it is because of how Gundam Age doesn't allow characters to grow much because it tries to fit create three separate shows into a single one. This prevents the character from getting decent growth because you don't get 50 episodes of him doing his thing.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:16   Link #119
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Well personally I would have liked if Asemu would be more melee focussed pilot since they did hinted that going melee was his niche during the first episode when decided to duel wield.
Have you even been watching the show? The majority of his fight scenes have him fighting in melee combat, especially in duels. His only other G-Wear option includes large beam swords for even greater melee capability. He destroyed the Khronos using just beam sabers. He is very melee focused and has been since the pilot.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:33   Link #120
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Well personally I would have liked if Asemu would be more melee focussed pilot since they did hinted that going melee was his niche during the first episode when decided to duel wield.

Another way for him to reach the level he desires was given to us during episode 20 when the instructor told him not be rush it so much or when Woolf told him to move more freely. Both of their tips involves to be more calm and not focus more which would have allow him to make less mistakes during fights without becoming a X-rounder.

Another reason why I disliked how they handled Asmu is that ever since his defeat in eps 20 Woolf has been trying cheer him up every time his inferior complex took over. Their are 5 episode in total involving Asemu and his personal issues

I like Asemu's skill as a pilot, but maybe it is because of how Gundam Age doesn't allow characters to grow much because it tries to fit create three separate shows into a single one. This prevents the character from getting decent growth because you don't get 50 episodes of him doing his thing.
I see.

But the thing is, Asemu is already an outstanding pilot. It's not that it's his skills that are holding him down, but it's his complex. It's not just overcoming the two people that is needed to happen, but acknowledgement of himself. Even how many times Woolf threw Asemu into stimulation battle, or stuck him into confinement to get over it, he won't improve until he acknowledge his own. And it's not easy, when 1) you're looking at the situation wrong (Asem wanting to be an X-Rounder) 2) and the pressures around you are holding you back from realizing what's important (the need to be strong against Veigans in war time).

Woolf did acknowledge that Asemu wanted to be strong in his own, but the first time, he didn't understand Asemu's inner conflict. This second time, Woolf learned of Asemu's desperation; it's not Asemu's weakness in skill that is holding Asemu's self-esteem, but it's Asemu's complex that is holding his skills back (or even close to jeopardizing it). That's the difference in the first encouragement and the second; Woolf's one-on-one talk did better than Woolf's training battle.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.