AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-10, 22:26   Link #141
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
After falling Amata said that he was able to "resist" Kagura's power for a moment so I thought it was his power that created the cushion.
I'm pretty sure that was his *not getting my wings ripped off immediately* at the start moment. He can't bend air anyway, and his wings are disappearing when he gets saved, meaning its probably not his power.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline  
Old 2012-04-10, 22:32   Link #142
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I thought that was Amata too. Mainly because I assumed Zessica's power didn't work that way (I imagined it would only make Amata fall faster).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-04-10, 22:37   Link #143
crayven
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I'm pretty sure that was his *not getting my wings ripped off immediately* at the start moment. He can't bend air anyway, and his wings are disappearing when he gets saved, meaning its probably not his power.
That..makes sense. But he should have noticed that something or someone saved him from hurting badly right. Also, if this is indeed Zessica's work then I guess this is a new form of her Impact power. Before she can bend steel now she can "bend" air? I'm not sure haha

Oh hey Thess. You said something about Kawamori and KanaHana discussing her character's future development during their stay in HongKong.. Is that just rumor?
crayven is offline  
Old 2012-04-10, 23:20   Link #144
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
That..makes sense. But he should have noticed that something or someone saved him from hurting badly right. Also, if this is indeed Zessica's work then I guess this is a new form of her Impact power. Before she can bend steel now she can "bend" air? I'm not sure haha
Zessi's power is now officially called Distortion, and I'm still of the opinion that it was her power going out of control last episode that spawned a tornado. 1 + 1 = 2. Amat didn't even thank her when she saved him from the car, so I doubt he'd pay any attention to not cracking his skull on the ground.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline  
Old 2012-04-10, 23:26   Link #145
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was an excellent episode, that made good on the cliffhanger of last episode.

Some understandably wondered how Kagura alone (outside of a mech) could cause a threat to a gathering of all the major protagonists, so it was good to see Kagura overwhelm almost every major protagonist, one after another after another after another. Yet, in the process of doing so, most of those same major protagonists at least had a couple good moments in the spotlight (including Andy and Mix developing nicely as a pairing).


The two love triangle conflicts (Amata/Mikono/Kagura and Zessica/Amata/Mikono) finally came together in a compelling way, completing a true love square. I felt that all four of the characters in that square were handled very well this episode, with one caveat* that I'll get to in a bit.

I liked how this episode confirmed that Kagura is talking backwards, so much so that I considered nicknaming him Bizarro Amata. I honestly found the blushing moments between him and Mikono pretty cute, and I'm glad that Mikono had a sharp enough head on her shoulders to realize that Kagura meant something very different from "kill" when he used that word towards her. My only slight critique here is that it's odd for Kagura to also use "kill" when he likely means an actual intent to kill or at least beat to a pulp (such as when he tells Amata he's going to kill him). If you're going to have a character talk backwards, it probably should be consistent. Kagura should probably say "I'm going to sex you, Amata!" Heck, you could have him say that in front of the fujoshi in this cast for added comedic effect!


Anyway, this episode felt like the last 20 or so minutes of a thrilling Hollywood action movie, and that was very cool. I like how we had car crashes, helicopters coming in for the rescue, Mikono creeping along the edge of high-rise buildings - Great, theatrical stuff! A lot of this made me think of a Batman movie in particular. The action scenes were similarly high-quality, somewhat unpredictable, and just plain fun to watch.


Now, as for my one caveat* that I mentioned before... I have to admit my patience is running a bit thin with certain convenient contrivances that seem to be designed to make sure Kagaru can never succeed. Mykage is spending an awful lot of time dicking around. If that's all part of his Xanatos Gambit, and it proves effective, fine. But I really hope he's not going to be defeated by being stupidly cruel when his plan is totally on the line.

Part of me would have preferred to have seen Kagura make off with Mikono, as that would have been bold and dramatic and broke this "game" open a bit. As is, Kagura gets defeated yet again. Even though he went down after causing quite an impressive rampage, I won't be able to take Kagura as a serious threat any more unless he starts coming on top for a change. I really want the guy to win at something soon. If this is all setup to make us feel sorry for Kagura, and hence supportive of Kagura/Mikono (if that's where Okada intends to swerve us towards), then so be it. But if Kagura remains an antagonist, he has to stop taking it on the chin all the time, imo.


Now, even with that said, this was one great episode, and was superbly well-directed.

9/10 for Episode 15.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 00:23   Link #146
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Oh hey Thess. You said something about Kawamori and KanaHana discussing her character's future development during their stay in HongKong.. Is that just rumor?
I need to watch over the video again. I'll do it tomorrow. Night time for me.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 03:23   Link #147
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
i bet the fangirls are hngggggggg-ing at blushing Kagura.....
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 03:26   Link #148
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i bet the fangirls are hngggggggg-ing at blushing Kagura.....
I am.

How am I supposed to root against him when he's so damn cute. (And straightforward)

Amata is kinda the villain to me at that point. (poor Amata !)

Let him get his smelly woman. Damn !!

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-11 at 03:40.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 04:40   Link #149
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
speaking of Kagura, is Shu-Shu actually male or female? well it blushed after got licked by Kagura, to death
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 06:33   Link #150
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If this is all setup to make us feel sorry for Kagura, and hence supportive of Kagura/Mikono (if that's where Okada intends to swerve us towards), then so be it. But if Kagura remains an antagonist, he has to stop taking it on the chin all the time, imo.
Most of my hopes are grounded on Mari Okada If that were her true intention (kagura/Mikono) I would have expected a different and better development of Kagura along these past episodes.
And secondarily I can see a sort of a pattern of her going on, that we have seen before. But again that's probably a biased vision of mine
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:06   Link #151
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i bet the fangirls are hngggggggg-ing at blushing Kagura.....
Fangirls do not hnnnnng... they kyyaaaaaa ~



Anyways, this series is good as ever in regards to shipping trolling. Kawamori and Okada must be laughing their asses off in regards to various fan reactions.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:24   Link #152
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Most of my hopes are grounded on Mari Okada If that were her true intention (kagura/Mikono) I would have expected a different and better development of Kagura along these past episodes.
And secondarily I can see a sort of a pattern of her going on, that we have seen before. But again that's probably a biased vision of mine
We'll see.
I don't have any experience with Okada.

I was expecting better from Kawamori than Amata and Mikono.

Still crossing fingers for a nice bait and switch.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:30   Link #153
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
We'll see.
I don't have any experience with Okada.

I was expecting better from Kawamori than Amata and Mikono.

Still crossing fingers for a nice bait and switch.
Think of it this way. Kawamori was one of the pioneers (though obviously didn't create) of love triangles in anime via the Macross franchise, where romance and shipping is a major element to it.

Mari Okada is a modern writer who is notorious for being absolutely brutal with what I call "shipping trolling". X and Y are being set-up for a romantic conclusion. Think again! She will rip that shipping apart, keep you guessing who's gonna end up with who and enjoy every process of it - particularly the parts where you rage . At least, that's my image of her .
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:33   Link #154
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Think of it this way. Kawamori was one of the pioneers (though obviously didn't create) of love triangles in anime via the Macross franchise, where romance and shipping is a major element to it.

Mari Okada is a modern writer who is notorious for being absolutely brutal with what I call "shipping trolling". X and Y are being set-up for a romantic conclusion. Think again! She will rip that shipping apart, keep you guessing who's gonna end up with who and enjoy every process of it - particularly the parts where you rage . At least, that's my image of her .
I don't see where would be the trolling about Amata and Mikono together since they are shoved down our thoats since episode one.

I just wish they could give them better chemistry. Not just Mikono failing at giving him proper comfort, Mikono's unwillingly hurting his feeling, Mikono getting jealous like a 3 year old, his getting in doormat mode and saying amen to whatever BS she comes with.

It's still sufficiently difficult for me to accept the fact Mikono is probably some sort of mommy surrogate for Amata.


But I suppose the troll could come from Mikono being even more unwillingly mean to him from now on, and his still clutching to her no matter what.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:36   Link #155
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I don't see where would be the trolling about Amata and Mikono together since they are shoved down our thoats since episode one.
We'll see. But I'm totally expecting an "inconclusive" pairing based on what I've seen. Or some major NTRage by Kagura.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:37   Link #156
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I don't see where would be the trolling about Amata and Mikono together since they are shoved down our thoats since episode one.
That's why I'm not prepared to rule out Kagura/Mikono at this point. It would be the ultimate troll now.

OTOH, Okada might develop Kagura/Mikono a lot over the next few episodes, make people believe it's really happening and even make some people support it, and then... Wham! - back to Amata/Mikono.

Either way, I'd be cool with it.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:39   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's why I'm not prepared to rule out Kagura/Mikono at this point. It would be the ultimate troll now.

OTOH, Okada might develop Kagura/Mikono a lot over the next few episodes, make people believe it's really happening and even make some people support it, and then... Wham! - back to Amata/Mikono.

Either way, I'd be cool with it.
Isn't that how she has always been doing things? First True Tears then Hanasaku Iroha...?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:41   Link #158
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Isn't that how she has always been doing things? First True Tears then Hanasaku Iroha...?
Right.

So who knows? Maybe she'll change it up this time and give us Kagura/Mikono and Amata/Zessica for realz.

But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet money on Kagura/Mikono (and maybe Amata/Zessica) for the next few episodes, and then Okada throws a curveball in the last couple episodes to give us back Amata/Mikono.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:45   Link #159
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Right.

So who knows? Maybe she'll change it up this time and give us Kagura/Mikono and Amata/Zessica for realz.

But if I was a gambling man, I'd bet money on Kagura/Mikono (and maybe Amata/Zessica) for the next few episodes, and then Okada throws a curveball in the last couple episodes to give us back Amata/Mikono.
I am so going to have heart attack with all this trolling and unavoidable curve balls LOL
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-04-11, 07:48   Link #160
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Indeed, best not to think too much about this...
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.