AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-30, 16:05   Link #41
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
I guess it's a good selling strategy to sell now if there is another index season coming. The combo of a movie and a season is probably gonna make people so overjoyed that they'll buy the english dubs.

Toumas voiced by Vic mignona, calling it now.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 16:54   Link #42
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:51   Link #43
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Touma's voiced by Vic mignona, calling it now.
Is this already confirmed? What about the others?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 23:39   Link #44
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Its not. Im just pointing out random VAs. though the guy who did Death the Kid is probably going to be in it.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 23:52   Link #45
Dark Paladin X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Its not. Im just pointing out random VAs. though the guy who did Death the Kid is probably going to be in it.
You mean Todd Haberkorn? He does get a lot of lead characters roles when it comes to Funimation's dubs, but I've heard he moved to L.A. area. So if he were to do any work with Funimation, it would either be reprising his old roles, or play some sort of minor character. I would not be surprised if Todd were to voice Touma or if he were to play as some minor character in Index.

That's the same with Vic Mignogna. While Vic had moved to Los Angeles, the reason he's still able to work with Funimation is that he has his own voice acting equipment in his home.

If you guys want to discuss more about the dub, then I suggest to go to this thread here.

Thus being said, I think we might heard more about the Index/Railgun release at Anime Boston/Sakura-con (such as release date). Probably won't expect a dub cast since they're slowly releasing the sub clips in their site now and are most likely trying to find voice actors to audition. But I would be surprised if they do announce part of the cast at Anime Boston or Sakura-con (like they mentioned picking up Fairy Tail in addition to mentioning Todd Haberkorn voicing Natsu). I'd normally expect dub cast annoucements outside of their anime panels.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:06   Link #46
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
News for those who weren't at Anime Boston:
The Funimation guy at AB basically said that the Geneon license issue is resolved and Index DVD/BD should be out this year (Fall I think)... *possibly* Railgun as well... thanks to the Index fan who somehow teleported to the front of the "any questions" mic at least 15 seconds before the next person was able to reach it, I was able to get this without having to wait through 30-40 irrelevant questions...

Also Funimation is streaming Index now (with subs)... their choice in translation for "biribiri" is acceptable imo. New eps will show up on their site at a rate of 2 per week according to aforementioned Funimation guy at AB.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 21:18   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Well since you put it that way Im now curious as to what other questions were asked ?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:38   Link #48
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Great news. Now we gotta find the voices
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:39   Link #49
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well since you put it that way Im now curious as to what other questions were asked ?
"How can I do to produce anime" is what I heard various times...
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 00:09   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
"How can I do to produce anime" is what I heard various times...

Ahhh sweet innocence...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 07:04   Link #51
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
News for those who weren't at Anime Boston:
The Funimation guy at AB basically said that the Geneon license issue is resolved and Index DVD/BD should be out this year (Fall I think)... *possibly* Railgun as well... thanks to the Index fan who somehow teleported to the front of the "any questions" mic at least 15 seconds before the next person was able to reach it, I was able to get this without having to wait through 30-40 irrelevant questions...

Also Funimation is streaming Index now (with subs)... their choice in translation for "biribiri" is acceptable imo. New eps will show up on their site at a rate of 2 per week according to aforementioned Funimation guy at AB.
So, how are they going to translate "biri-biri" then? Wait. You mean they won't? But that would sound like the disease (beri-beri), though.

One more thing. In Baka and Test, they addressed Miharu's "onee-sama" situation by translating it into "my lady" / "my honey", just like how somebody formally address someone they like. I was thinking if they'll do the same for Kuroko.

Any updates on possible VAs?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:06   Link #52
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So, how are they going to translate "biri-biri" then? Wait. You mean they won't? But that would sound like the disease (beri-beri), though.

One more thing. In Baka and Test, they addressed Miharu's "onee-sama" situation by translating it into "my lady" / "my honey", just like how somebody formally address someone they like. I was thinking if they'll do the same for Kuroko.
The first two episodes are available for free through Funimation's YouTube channel with subs for anyone in NA (or is willing to use a proxy). For the first question, they have chosen to translate "biribiri" by using the phrase "zapper" as in "bug-zapper." Instead of "Onee-sama," Kuroko refers to Mikoto as "Sissy" in their subtitles. The English tracks may use different terms, but those episodes are not available at this moment.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:15   Link #53
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The first two episodes are available for free through Funimation's YouTube channel with subs for anyone in NA (or is willing to use a proxy). For the first question, they have chosen to translate "biribiri" by using the phrase "zapper" as in "bug-zapper." Instead of "Onee-sama," Kuroko refers to Mikoto as "Sissy" in their subtitles. The English tracks may use different terms, but those episodes are not available at this moment.
Oh man, what the hell are they doing? But hey, I liked "zapper". It fits, but "Zappy" could have been better. I wonder how would they dub it, though. Oh well.

If they're releasing it with subs first, then I think I would have to wait a really long time to hear it dubbed. But at least this is good development as far.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 22:33   Link #54
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Oh man, what the hell are they doing? But hey, I liked "zapper". It fits, but "Zappy" could have been better. I wonder how would they dub it, though. Oh well.

If they're releasing it with subs first, then I think I would have to wait a really long time to hear it dubbed. But at least this is good development as far.
Even 'Sparky' is better than 'Zappy' anyday
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:03   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Actually, remeber that 'biribiri' is a sound effect, so 'zappy' is not an inaccurate replacement.

But lets be honest, no matter what they choose, it would never feel the same- its just one of those things.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:12   Link #56
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
I'll wait for the dubs, then, kthxbai.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:34   Link #57
Ohara
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
There was some group who used "Sparky" in one of the sub translations at one point ( not gonna name them though ) which some company later uses in the official manga translations apparently

kinda funny
Ohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:54   Link #58
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, remeber that 'biribiri' is a sound effect, so 'zappy' is not an inaccurate replacement.

But lets be honest, no matter what they choose, it would never feel the same- its just one of those things.
I have to agree with you there, it never has the same feeling as Biri-Biri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara View Post
There was some group who used "Sparky" in one of the sub translations at one point ( not gonna name them though ) which some company later uses in the official manga translations apparently

kinda funny
Seven Sea's uses it in the translation version of Railgun manga so that how I've slowly mended my mind to work with that.

Adding zappy and ect wiill just stuff around with my head to much
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:48   Link #59
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
When the DVD is released will there be a subbed one? Or will you only be able to buy a dubbed version?

Sorry about the newbie question but this will be my first time buying an anime DVD
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:37   Link #60
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Sparky may not have the same feeling but at least it's cute and funny.

Sissy on the other hand... bleurgh. But I doubt they'll use that, it's colloquially an insult after all, not a sign of respect, even for girls.

Still, I can't think of a good option for "onee-sama", since it's a cultural aspect. Without doubt that gets lost in translation... I don't really watch dubs, so how is that usually translated?

@Ilidsor - FUNimation sells the DVDs with both options (as well as any respectable dubber company for all that matters). Of course, if you get a pirated version there's no guarantee.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.