AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-14, 06:01   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Two questions for the beta players:

How bad are we talking when it comes to questing and story?

How badly does body size influence combat? In most general MMO's body size matters little since the hits are RNG-ed, but when it comes to a game with manual dodging and hitboxes, small size is an inevitable advantage. Are there compensations in place for playing a bigger race?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:03   Link #22
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Two questions for the beta players:
How bad are we talking when it comes to questing and story?
I'm not far in the story... but I'm doing standard MMO quests... textboxes tell me what to do.. I go an kill 20 of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
How badly does body size influence combat? In most general MMO's body size matters little since the hits are RNG-ed, but when it comes to a game with manual dodging and hitboxes, small size is an inevitable advantage. Are there compensations in place for playing a bigger race?
Never played PvP but they say the bigger races have more reach then the smaller ones. But only in melee I believe.
__________________
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:36   Link #23
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Debating if I'll give this MMO a go should I choose not to ass on to my 60 day SWTOR play.

Gonna try Open Beta of course. You guys chosen a server?

Of course I'm playing either a tank or a healbitch as per usual since, as everyone knows, they get all the chicks. I won't be partying with Saintess though since he'll just molest my characters.
I'll just be playing with my adorable loli goddess. And she's a healer-barrier-warrior, so she'll just show love and heal everyone else to death.

Assuming I go OB of course. Where do we download that again?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:42   Link #24
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quite the opposite. Yes it's broken, but Elins vs Amans for example, Zerker has more range as an Elin even though you're so small.

Also story and quests are meh .. But the fun combat keeps me playing it. I dont really care for the quests, I only do them to gain gold and levels.

As for servers, if you're gonna do PVE, please come to Dragonfall. I'm creating a guild there with a certain friend, but none of our friends who also join are going to roll priest or lancer. Having those in guild would be sweet ;d
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:43   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
For some damn reason the En Masse website won't let me enter the open beta code instructions. Hmm.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:46   Link #26
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
I didn't exactly expect a 5h download... or the 25gb size. But I'll be able to play today at least, lol.

And now Kero's question about size made me wonder... Well, whatever. LET THEM HIT ME. I AM A MEATWALL.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:51   Link #27
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Quite the opposite. Yes it's broken, but Elins vs Amans for example, Zerker has more range as an Elin even though you're so small.

Also story and quests are meh .. But the fun combat keeps me playing it. I dont really care for the quests, I only do them to gain gold and levels.

As for servers, if you're gonna do PVE, please come to Dragonfall. I'm creating a guild there with a certain friend, but none of our friends who also join are going to roll priest or lancer. Having those in guild would be sweet ;d
Send me download link please?

If two of you roll male lancers my little loli is going be so happy....
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:53   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Send me download link please?

If two of you roll male lancers my little loli is going be so happy....
The OB instructions say you have to register, but my account is restricted from entering the OB code and downloading for some reason.

Region lock?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:59   Link #29
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The OB instructions say you have to register, but my account is restricted from entering the OB code and downloading for some reason.

Region lock?
Same here. It says "This account cannot be activated at the moment."

I want my loli.

EDIT :

Yes, they are IP Blocking.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-14 at 07:15.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 07:34   Link #30
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Two questions for the beta players:

How bad are we talking when it comes to questing and story?

How badly does body size influence combat? In most general MMO's body size matters little since the hits are RNG-ed, but when it comes to a game with manual dodging and hitboxes, small size is an inevitable advantage. Are there compensations in place for playing a bigger race?
There's some variation in the quests but it's mostly general MMO fare. Some quests have cutscenes and stuff, but mostly the story is just a backdrop and nobody really cares about it. You could say it's the opposite of SWTOR. On the flipside, you don't miss out on anything important by skipping quests, being in a party actually increases the experience you gain, and you can easily be boosted by higher level characters.

I think body size has only minimal effects on your hitbox for projectiles and melee range, for example if you hit "close enough" to an Elin it'll still register as a hit. But size is important because characters in combat actually have collision, so big people block more area. Also because your need to target a character manually to cast heals and buffs and stuff, big characters are much easier to heal.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 07:39   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Well.... fuck that shit?

Oh well, it usually means they'll make a SEA release, I think.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:08   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Send me download link please?

If two of you roll male lancers my little loli is going be so happy....
Well my human male is going to be a lancer, but why be happy about that >_>'

and I guess I'll join you on the Dragon server Dist, From what I hear RPing is going to be lackster and almost impossible. So i'll just keep my RPing on TOR and WoW


About character sizes, Big characters = easier to hit with heal spells than smaller characters. (if it requires aim for that too.)

Come on Downloader, just a few more hours. ><
__________________

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-04-14 at 11:22.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:03   Link #33
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
So... Got to like level 10 with a Lancer. Also tried out a Berserker. Combat is fun.

Everything else... Not so much. Fell asleep eventually. Not for me at all.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:04   Link #34
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
So... Got to like level 10 with a Lancer. Also tried out a Berserker. Combat is fun.

Everything else... Not so much. Fell asleep eventually. Not for me at all.
How o.o Game isn't even out. Open beta doesn't start till the 19th.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:05   Link #35
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Isn't right now only the name and character reservation for preorder purchasers? You can't actually play yet unless you're on the European servers.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:08   Link #36
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well.... fuck that shit?

Oh well, it usually means they'll make a SEA release, I think.
It is going to be totally like Dragon Nest. Everyone speaking in their own language.

EDIT :

Fck them idiots. There has been a petition for Singaporean players to go in, but right now they even blocked our IP to even register a public name. I think we can join the EU server.

Spoiler for Warning : Moe:
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-14 at 14:25.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:12   Link #37
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
How o.o Game isn't even out. Open beta doesn't start till the 19th.
Closed beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I think body size has only minimal effects on your hitbox for projectiles and melee range, for example if you hit "close enough" to an Elin it'll still register as a hit. But size is important because characters in combat actually have collision, so big people block more area. Also because your need to target a character manually to cast heals and buffs and stuff, big characters are much easier to heal.
Humm, not too happy about the solution to increase the hitboxes on small characters beyond their size...

Also, I hear people have OB keys. Where can one find one of those?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:35   Link #38
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Closed beta.



Humm, not too happy about the solution to increase the hitboxes on small characters beyond their size...

Also, I hear people have OB keys. Where can one find one of those?
Register for TERA on EME's site and enter the key TERABETA. That's how I got my OBT activated.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 15:35   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I'm going to gamestop tonight and preordering it omw to dinner and shopping. Seeya guys on open beta! WUahahahaha!
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:57   Link #40
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well.... fuck that shit?

Oh well, it usually means they'll make a SEA release, I think.
Ain't happening. The game already has Japanese and Korean versions. You can play there. Also you can play on EU servers ; They do not block any countries or regions. You can also play through proxy on NA server if you want.

EU version is already like a '' SEA '' .. Everyone can play, so chat is full of languages you don't understand. fun? No. That's also one of the reasons I'm rolling on NA servers. Along with many other things..
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.