AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-14, 14:28   Link #1
SithLord
Inactive Member

Is there something I can do?

I have come to the conclusion that my download speed problem was due to my firewall. However I still don't get peak performance when downloading. Or more correctly... it takes at least an hour before I get peak performance. My upload speed reaches 20 kbps in a matter of seconds. It usually takes half an hour to get my download speed that high but fortunately it keeps climbing till it reaches 30-50kbps.

I use the Shadow Client now and only disable the firewall just before I start the download. To begin with I only connect with local clients but more and more remote clients connect the longer time passes. I also connect to a lot of clients without them downloading from me or me from them.

Can I change any preferences to affect this problem?
SithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 20:04   Link #2
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithLord
I have come to the conclusion that my download speed problem was due to my firewall. However I still don't get peak performance when downloading. Or more correctly... it takes at least an hour before I get peak performance. My upload speed reaches 20 kbps in a matter of seconds. It usually takes half an hour to get my download speed that high but fortunately it keeps climbing till it reaches 30-50kbps.

I use the Shadow Client now and only disable the firewall just before I start the download. To begin with I only connect with local clients but more and more remote clients connect the longer time passes. I also connect to a lot of clients without them downloading from me or me from them.

Can I change any preferences to affect this problem?
No, there's not much that you can do. Sometimes you just have to be patient for the tracker and for other remote clients to chime in, especially with popular new releases.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote