AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-16, 02:01   Link #61
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Zessica moving on? More like I see them dragging her 'unrequited love' till the end, especially since Amata didn't really reject her.


Just wondering what people's thoughts on the flashbacks... are they the 'real' past of their world, or an alternate reality?

Because if it's the former, then that will make Zessica and Kagura the 'fakes', since they saw the vision where it was Apollon/Silvie, rather than the 'true' version of the past with Apollo/Silvia.

More interesting is the latter, since now you open up the possibility of there being both an Apollon/Silvie AND an Apollo/Silvia from the past. And if that's the case, and they each have their own reincarnations, then that just makes the love polygon way more complicated. And for the shipper in me, that can only be good.
Assuming so much she won't win Amata over.

I wouldn't be so sure considering the bad work authors have done with the right in our face obvious pairing . It could be perfectly intentionnal, and a settling for a nice little bait and switch.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:02   Link #62
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
In two universes it was Apollo and Silvia. On the other hand we know very little of Altair's history. Izumo does have a version of the Book of Genesis.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:04   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Lol the way I see it, people dont care about Amata/Zessica, they just care about Zessica.

You could pair her up with any guy, like say Cayanne or Malloy, and they would still go, "OMG! Best pairing ever! "
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:05   Link #64
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In two universes it was Apollo and Silvia. On the other hand we know very little of Altair's history. Izumo does have a version of the Book of Genesis.
That book was "Genesis of Altair".
I've heard Shushu saying suki - love and then EVOL starting showing Silvia and Apollo.
pingva is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:06   Link #65
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I've watched....

Spoiler:


NOW don't fuck it up trollamori. I BEG YOU.

I also fell out of my seat laughing during the "Love" scene. Extra points to Fudo for his love scream. :lol:
FLCL is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:14   Link #66
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I find Amata resolves of going against a 12000 years old promise of love, all for the sake of his puppy love, nerve gratting.
Of course it could be a troll, and Mikono and Kagura may not be destined at all. But he believes it. It makes him selfish.
I hope it's the author making efforts to put his infatuation in a negative light.

On other forums, people are starting to loudly complain about it, so I'm not alone on this.
What so he should just give up because they made a promise years? It doesn't matter if it's 10 years or a thousand years people change. If she doesn't love him she doesn't love him but there's nothing wrong with fighting for who you love regardless. Your just butt hurt he's going against your favourite pairing. If the situation was reversed I'd doubt you'd mind.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:26   Link #67
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
What so he should just give up because they made a promise years? It doesn't matter if it's 10 years or a thousand years people change. If she doesn't love him she doesn't love him but there's nothing wrong with fighting for who you love regardless. Your just butt hurt he's going against your favourite pairing. If the situation was reversed I'd doubt you'd mind.
But the point is that he doesn't love her. In the interview it was listed as mere infatuation. The aquarion never went crazy with Amata and Mikono because they are NOT in love.

It's hinted that the reason he is clutching to her so much is because Amata thinks she's the one who won't abandon him unlike his mom. He's just pushing his issues on her, probabely because she reminds him of his mom. .
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:44   Link #68
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
But the point is that he doesn't love her. In the interview it was listed as mere infatuation. The aquarion never went crazy with Amata and Mikono because they are NOT in love.

It's hinted that the reason he is clutching to her so much is because Amata thinks she's the one who won't abandon him unlike his mom. He's just pushing his issues on her, probabely because she reminds him of his mom. .
I think you actually have to confess, for aquarion to go crazy like what happened in this epi. And really that doesn't matter, you can't call what Mikono and Kagura have love either she doesn't even know the guy so some promise a few thousand years ago is pretty worthless if it isn't confirmed she loves him now. Amata giving up now would be the more worthless loser thing to do. If he actually loved her he wouldn't easily give her up full stop unless it's confirmed she really doesn't want it.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:49   Link #69
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I don't see the love at all.

Zen who knows better than anyone explicitelly stated they aren't in love.

The authors stated it is mere infatuation.

Just compare Mikono's jelly reaction to what we see of Zessica to see how shallow her feelings for Amata are. When she though he had a thing going on with Zessica, all she demonstrated was petty anger, not deep sadness.

And with Donar, I doubt it's him confessing that had the aquarion go crazy.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:51   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
lol Zuul, you actually went so far off the deep end...

Ive seen the translation as well, and Amata/Mikono was labelled "First love that even holding hands makes you feel like you can fly."

With a grand description like that, its hard for me to ever call it a 'mere infatuation'.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:57   Link #71
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I don't see the love at all.

Zen who knows better than anyone explicitelly stated they aren't in love.

The authors stated it is mere infatuation.

Just compare Mikono's jelly reaction to what we see of Zessica to see how shallow her feelings for Amata are. When she though he had a thing going on with Zessica, all she demonstrated was petty anger, not deep sadness.

And with Donar, I doubt it's him confessing that had the aquarion go crazy.
They were already both in love before that (e.g already confessed) It's hinted to be the acknowledgement of the others love in the offical "I love you status" that seemingly makes it go berserk. And I've already countered your point, what a pointless rant. You sure have a lot of irrational pairing rage pent up.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 02:58   Link #72
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
lol Zuul, you actually went so far off the deep end...

Ive seen the translation as well, and Amata/Mikono was labelled "First love that even holding hands makes you feel like you can fly."

With a grand description like that, its hard for me to ever call it a 'mere infatuation'.
It's Kuromitsu's translation. Other people did translate it, noticing how weak it sounds compare to what was written about MikonxKagura and Zessica's unrequited love for Amata. they translated it as infatuation/puppy love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
They were already both in love before that (e.g already confessed) It's hinted to be the acknowledgement of the others love in the offical "I love you status" that seemingly makes it go berserk. And I've already countered your point, what a pointless rant. You sure have a lot of irrational pairing rage pent up.
And you're totally unbiased/neutral.

I have the right to expose my POV. Even if it clashes with the pairing preference of people here.

I see nothing too deep and OTP worthy coming from AmataxMikono.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 03:01   Link #73
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Spoiler for episode 16:
Mangaka-chan is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 03:04   Link #74
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's Kuromitsu's translation. Other people did translate it, noticing how weak it sounds compare to what was written about MikonxKagura and Zessica's unrequited love for Amata. they translated it as infatuation/puppy love.
Now your just being in denial regardless of what their love is now it's pretty obvious by the end Amata's at the very least would have turned into full blown love, even if he ends up with Zessica and Mikono goes off with Kagura. Which destroys your point that he's doing this completely out of a crush. And you can't exactly consider what Kagura has with Mikono to be true love either, they've barely had something resembling a proper conversation, she barely knows the current him and he barely knows her.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 03:05   Link #75
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
It just struck me...

Spoiler:


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Darth Vader Voice)
FLCL is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 03:09   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's Kuromitsu's translation. Other people did translate it, noticing how weak it sounds compare to what was written about MikonxKagura and Zessica's unrequited love for Amata. they translated it as infatuation/puppy love.
Kagura/Mikoto - Forbidden Love
Amata/Zessica - Pure onesided Love (something like that?)

...No, not really, they all provoke the same level of feeling.

If you think Amata is only having a mere crush, then what does that make Zessica? Once again, are u sure u want to use this as an argument -_- ?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2012-04-16, 03:30   Link #77
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Seeing Sazanka with her curse actually reminds me of Reika I thought we were going to get more development about the plot (I'm not talking about their romance) when I read the spoilers...but I guess there's not much into it except for the confirmation that both EVOL and the original Aquarion really do happen in the same verse I guess that my fear that EVOL is AU from the beginning of the series is wrong.

I'm still curious on what's the connection of the tree of life and all of this though :< Maybe that chaos in Altair happened because of it?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 03:40   Link #78
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Regardless of who the OTP is or is not, this episode was really fun to watch. That confession! That reality-defying infinity punch! And SNA nostalgia with all those scenes. The only way this episode could possibly have been better if the SNA material was reanimated - it's not even that old but the age shows and difference in SD/HD is a bit jarring.
lightbringer is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 04:18   Link #79
KaleRylan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
'screw destiny' is one of the most common themes in fiction, but I don't quite get where they're going with it in this show. This is a show that is all about destiny; it's basically the whole point of the franchise (alongside robots and fanservice).

On top of that, unlike most screw destiny plots, this is a destiny that most of the hardcore fans WANT to happen, concerning characters that most fans liked. Heck, they even gave it a romantic montage in this episode. It seems weird to use a happy montage to show a romance/past/destiny that your protagonist hates and is denying him happiness. It also seems very weird to use the sequel of a show to crap all over the first show's primary romance.

Because of that, I'm going to assume that we're being trolled and at this stage nearly everything we're seeing is a red herring. The most likely example of this is that despite all of the signs to the contrary, I'm guessing Amata is Apollo. I honestly would prefer he end up with Zessica, but they've just given it so little development. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

This is the guy who ended up going with Lisa/Misa over Minmay after all.

P.S. I haven't posted here in forever, and I'm unsure of spoiler guidelines here. I don't believe I spoiled much of anything, but if I did break the rules, feel free to inform me.
KaleRylan is offline  
Old 2012-04-16, 04:26   Link #80
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I totally gave up on the idea that EVOL would deliver a solid story at this point, it's more like they decide to use the first Aquarion's rebirth of love theme to create a serie solely based on ship/troll.

Amata's great plan to defy destiny involves buying Shushu's affection, that's not quite Mykage's level but it's pretty original for sure. Sazanka and Malloy finally reveal their elements, having refrained themselves all this time in order to deliver some puns. Zessica confesses, in front of the whole Neo Deava crew... shuki?

Previous serie's flashback, so what are there two sets of Apollo and Sylvie?
Korps! is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.