If you loved Wasteland
, Fallout 1-2
, or Planescape Torment
or any 2D tactical, turn-based rpg… YOU MUST support this game!!
Only $15 for a download, or $50 for a boxed copy of Wasteland 2 with a cloth map!
But this deal won't last long… in 21 hours it'll be history!
This experienced team is overflowing with industry vets… Here are a few:
- founder of Interplay & inXile - designed or produced: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, and of course Wasteland (Fallout 0).
- Game designer - Planescape Torment, Fallout 2, Fallout New Vegas, Icewind Dale 1-2, Champions of Norrath, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Neverwinter Nights 2, and KotOR 2.
- Music composer - Fallout 1-2 & NewVegas, Planescape Torment.
- Programmer/Designer - Wasteland, Descent 1-3, Battle Chess, Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, Stonekeep, Carmageddon 1-2, and way back when you were in diapers, Galaxian.
- Game Designer/Writer - Wasteland, Bard's Tale III, Star Trek: 25th Anniversary & Judgement Rites. Also, the author of many Star Wars and Battletech books.
- Artist/Game Designer/Writer - Designed Fallout's engine, interface, and game world.
Originally Posted by Brother None
The 13th update
sees inXile upgrade the $30 tier to pull $15 pledgers upwards, and talks about the upcoming end-of-drive live streaming event.<blockquote>Also we have spent some time thinking about and asking fans what we could put into the $30 tier to make it more interesting and to not disrupt what has already been offered. I think we have come up with an interesting list that may persuade a few people to upgrade. Based on your top requests and a forum poll we now offer the following as part of the $30 tier:
• An extra digital download of the game in any format. Many people wanted to be able to get a Mac AND a PC version, or PC and Linux, or even an extra PC version for a friend. Now you can.
• Access to a collection of exclusive Ranger portraits that will double the pool of character portraits you have to choose from at the start of the game when you are rolling up your Rangers. This unique image collection will not only give you more Ranger portraits, but more Ranger icons used to display your party location on the world map.
• Access to a four-episode Video Development Blog that will show you an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the design and development of Wasteland 2. Sit in on designer meetings and art-review meetings to see the process behind how the game is made. See interviews with Brian Fargo, Chris Avellone, Mike Stackpole, Alan Pavlish, and the rest of the development team as they explain to you what they are doing and why they are doing it.
• A novella by Chris Avellone based on the universe of Wasteland.
Of course, all backers who are in at higher levels will also get all of these added items too.
Also we will have a live streaming party on Monday night (16th) from 10pm-12am EDT to celebrate the green light of production on the game. Our Kickstarter does not close until 5am the next morning, but we wanted to get some of our friends and family together to celebrate this little bit of history and share it with you. On attendance will be Nolan Bushnell the founder of Atari, Chris Avellone and a few other surprise guests. We will be answering questions received through live chat on the Twitch TV stream as well as from Facebook fans. I will tweet the URL Monday afternoon as well as post it here on Kickstarter.</blockquote>Fargo also confirms
the vision document (which was discussed as a possible tier reward) will be available to everyone.