AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-14, 18:11   Link #1
Catalan

Downloads & Uploads never exceed 3k/s

And usually, they're 0 or 1 k/s... no matter which torrent I'm on, no matter how many or how few people are also on the same torrent. I'm definitely not behind a firewall, either.

Anyone know of possible causes?
Catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 18:26   Link #2
MeowMix
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to MeowMix Send a message via Yahoo to MeowMix
I also wonder this.. I get 0 KiB/s... is there anyway to change that?
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 20:10   Link #3
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalan
And usually, they're 0 or 1 k/s... no matter which torrent I'm on, no matter how many or how few people are also on the same torrent. I'm definitely not behind a firewall, either.

Anyone know of possible causes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMix
I also wonder this.. I get 0 KiB/s... is there anyway to change that?
Please read the FAQ in this forum section. You might be netmasked behind a router or your ISP is blocking some ports...

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 21:08   Link #4
Catalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour-Do
Please read the FAQ in this forum section. You might be netmasked behind a router or your ISP is blocking some ports...

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Things were working fine about a month ago, so unless changes were made to my network layout or ports are being blocked without notification, everything should still be working fine, right? I've tried running bittorrent on different port ranges, including ones I know aren't blocked, but I've still had no success. And if it's a router problem, I shouldn't be able to upload at all, should I?
Old 2003-12-16, 00:59   Link #5
Catalan

And having changed absolutely nothing, everything is suddenly working normally. Very odd.
Old 2003-12-16, 01:40   Link #6
blkraven

Huh?

hey for some reason i was downloading fine day before last behind my router. now all im gettting is at max 3kb/s. when i was getting up to 120 kb/s average.

I'm new to animesuki so im not sure how it all works yet. are there more than just 3 of us having this problem?

thanks
~Raven
blkraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 05:09   Link #7
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Things were working fine about a month ago, so unless changes were made to my network layout or ports are being blocked without notification, everything should still be working fine, right?
You should have mentioned this in your initial post...

Quote:
And having changed absolutely nothing, everything is suddenly working normally. Very odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkraven
hey for some reason i was downloading fine day before last behind my router. now all im gettting is at max 3kb/s. when i was getting up to 120 kb/s average.
It's possible that if you're using a router and you had set up port forwarding correctly before, that it won't work one day due to your router dynamically assigning a different private IP address to your PC. Now if the next day your router assigned your PC back the old IP address, then port forwarding would work again.

If this is the problem, then the fix would be to manually assign your PC a static IP address and forward ports to that address... See this old thread for a more detailed example.

-- Sour-Do
Anime-Muyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote