AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-17, 01:57   Link #8601
Robotech Master
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Anyone know if Imai has plans for the Second Sight characters?
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 02:18   Link #8602
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
If we think about it all needless have a chance of having stigmata, some even may have died before their powers fully matured like fodder(as seen in Uten's the brat) they seem to aim to fill the 12 spots they don't need more.
I think Saten stated there are only 12 who have Stigmata although we aren't told how he knows or why there are only 12. It could be an arbitrary limit for all we know but I think the story is set at only 12 with 9 already found and Arclight looking for the final 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
I've been waiting to see who has the fragment that can heal and cure disease. Doppleganger can heal, but that scene makes it sound like it's a separate power entirely. For a while I thought it might have been Cruz since he has never fought anybody, but that seems unlikely now. Whoever turns out to have that fragment would certainly be a candidate to have a stigmata.
The only one who seems to have any type of focus in healing outside of Doppelganger is Mengroze but it doesn't appear he has any powers. Gido knew how to heal Blade after his encounter with the Testament at the beginning and Hinata, Rin's friend, took care of Setsuna in the school's hospital. It doesn't seem like she's a Needless either but she's does have an interest in health and we already know about Rin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Anyone know if Imai has plans for the Second Sight characters?
They are planned to be characters in the second story of Needless, Needless 2 which is to take place after the current manga finishes. We aren't sure what role they'll play in Needless 2 but it looks like Ashiki and Taeka (panda girl from Needless Zero chapter 4) are friends. The main characters of Needless 2 are Adam Neuschwanstein and Cain from Needless Zero chapter 1. Things may change between now and then but that's what Imai Kami came up with when he made those stories.
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 04:26   Link #8603
Xiammes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
I think Saten stated there are only 12 who have Stigmata although we aren't told how he knows or why there are only 12. It could be an arbitrary limit for all we know but I think the story is set at only 12 with 9 already found and Arclight looking for the final 3.
Its the twelve Apostles of Christ, that's why there are only twelve.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 10:51   Link #8604
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere between this world and the next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
We aren't sure what role they'll play in Needless 2 but it looks like Ashiki and Taeka (panda girl from Needless Zero chapter 4) are friends.
It looks like Taeka wants to be more than just friends... Speaking of whom, she has the power to heal injuries.
__________________
Where did it all go wrong?
Sayo A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 20:23   Link #8605
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Its the twelve Apostles of Christ, that's why there are only twelve.
Yeah, those with the Stigmata are those closest to Christ which means it is the Apostles (I had a post a while back seeing if there was any indication that the characters might match the real Apostles) but I'm curious how Saten knew there'd be exactly 12 Stigmata users. It's not like there was a manual or anything that said there would be 12 or that they were the closest to Christ when they found out, it just sorta happened when the Second Christ lost his powers.

Also, after Judas committed suicide, Matthias became an Apostle, so there were a total of 13. Might there be a hidden Stigmata Saten and Triple Six doesn't know about?
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 21:30   Link #8606
Xiammes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Yeah, those with the Stigmata are those closest to Christ which means it is the Apostles (I had a post a while back seeing if there was any indication that the characters might match the real Apostles) but I'm curious how Saten knew there'd be exactly 12 Stigmata users. It's not like there was a manual or anything that said there would be 12 or that they were the closest to Christ when they found out, it just sorta happened when the Second Christ lost his powers.
Its going with the plot, there won't be more then 12 or 13 powers being stigmata applicable.


Quote:
Also, after Judas committed suicide, Matthias became an Apostle, so there were a total of 13. Might there be a hidden Stigmata Saten and Triple Six doesn't know about?
If they do go with the 13th, it would probably be the Needless who left the scar on Mengroza's hand, which I have gut feeling that it was Cruz, even though the scar was already on his hand when he operated on Cruz.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 22:38   Link #8607
Skieth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Its going with the plot, there won't be more then 12 or 13 powers being stigmata applicable.
This brings up an interesting question. If there can only be 12 or 13 Stigmata users at a time, if one of them are killed could this lead to another Needless manifesting a new one?
__________________
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 03:48   Link #8608
Xiammes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
This brings up an interesting question. If there can only be 12 or 13 Stigmata users at a time, if one of them are killed could this lead to another Needless manifesting a new one?
Quite possible, but no one dies in Needless, so we will never find out.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 04:39   Link #8609
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Quite possible, but no one dies in Needless, so we will never find out.
But Arca...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 06:12   Link #8610
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Shadow5YA@ But she will probally back a clone or something like this. This or AA have her stigmata already.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 07:14   Link #8611
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
I think the thing is that simion and 666 need only 12, it maybe possible to have more it's just take a lot more time to find more (look how long they searched for 12). Let's not forget that the Second isn't a god, just someone who is powerful as god because of the bomb, so he was (and other needless) were created through science.

Spoiler for random:
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 17:25   Link #8612
Xiammes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
But Arca...
Let me rephrase, no one dies and stays dead. This isn't the last we have seen of her, she will be back, as a clone.

Quote:
Let's not forget that the Second isn't a god, just someone who is powerful as god because of the bomb, so he was (and other needless) were created through science.
No one had Needless powers till after he died, he is certainly some holy being or something, not just a product of science. Otherwise, their would have been other Needless during his time. Did you forget why they are called fragments in the first place?

Last edited by Xiammes; 2012-04-18 at 19:27.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 00:48   Link #8613
Avvesione
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Looks like Ultrajump updated its website with the new information on this month's magazine but there doesn't appear to be any new information on Needless. The comment for this chapter is, as always, pretty vague and we already kinda know what's going on. I will say I do find it amusing that Ultrajump calls Cruz "Yamada".

Might be some time before we get any real news when Jagabata updates his blog. Hopefully the raw won't take too long this month.
__________________
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:21   Link #8614
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Let me rephrase, no one dies and stays dead. This isn't the last we have seen of her, she will be back, as a clone.
Hold on a second! What if it was a clone that died?

And Arca just trolled everyone.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:54   Link #8615
Xiammes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Hold on a second! What if it was a clone that died?
Arca and Arclight decide to toy with Cruz's emotion, shattering the world of a frail boy, back fires and sends Arclight with his tail inbetween his legs.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:22   Link #8616
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hmm... based on the preview, it seems we are going to find out about Yamada's fragment and its scope.

Last edited by K. Shiruto; 2012-04-19 at 10:41.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:31   Link #8617
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Adan@ Where? And what is the preview?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:31   Link #8618
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
^Oh if that's true then we can see if any of our guesses are correct much sooner then I thought!
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:46   Link #8619
K. Shiruto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
The only thing that could have prevented such scenario was either a sudden change of events or the group not wanting to stay idly. Since there are no real reasons for them to rush things out, there was just no way they would keep going before addressing such issue.

Spoiler for spoiler:
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:56   Link #8620
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Not naked with gloves though. He's safe-ish.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.