AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-20, 14:11   Link #321
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Season two trailer of Young Justice
Spoiler for features:
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:04   Link #322
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Finally caught up with The Avengers: EMH Season 2. Solid opening with lots of room for growth. I like that the story picks up right after the end of Season 1, with Cap's shield still broke, and Thor and Ant-Man semi-retired from the team (can't wait for Ms. Marvel and Black Widow to join, and maybe even the Scarlet Witch). Additionally, Avengers does an amazing job of including the entire Marvel universe in one story. From apperances by the Fantastic Four (who jockingly referrence their own explots as asides), to the muliple mentions of the X-Men and even Spiderman. The world of Avengers: EMH feels very lived in.

That being said, I dislike the new opening. While I was not a huge fan of the Season 1 opening song (which is still used), the action sequences in the OP were quite a lot of fun (and despite the cheesiness of the song, it was still worked with the OP action sequences quite well). So the new OP featuring a narrator is a bit of a let down.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 09:51   Link #323
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Finally caught up with The Avengers: EMH Season 2. Solid opening with lots of room for growth. I like that the story picks up right after the end of Season 1, with Cap's shield still broke, and Thor and Ant-Man semi-retired from the team (can't wait for Ms. Marvel and Black Widow to join, and maybe even the Scarlet Witch). Additionally, Avengers does an amazing job of including the entire Marvel universe in one story. From apperances by the Fantastic Four (who jockingly referrence their own explots as asides), to the muliple mentions of the X-Men and even Spiderman. The world of Avengers: EMH feels very lived in.

That being said, I dislike the new opening. While I was not a huge fan of the Season 1 opening song (which is still used), the action sequences in the OP were quite a lot of fun (and despite the cheesiness of the song, it was still worked with the OP action sequences quite well). So the new OP featuring a narrator is a bit of a let down.
New OP is goofy but so was the old one. I agree about the 'lived-in' comment, I was happy to hear them mentioning Spiderman and the X-Men when trying to convince Stark to 'go public' with The Avengers.

I'm wondering how long the imposter Cap will stay in that role before revealing his true
Spoiler:
... Letting Zemo die probably would have raised a few eyebrows so I'm not sure what our doppelganger was thinking there.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:47   Link #324
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Avengers: EMH Episode 4

Here I was hoping to see some of the female Avengers join up, and lo and behold, Ms. Marvel joins the team the very next episode. Good Times. .

Spoiler for a little more spoilerific...:


That being said, another thing I hate about the new OP: it only mentions the male Avengers, and only the really popular ones (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America). So, it is sexist and heavily slanted toward a select few. (Yes, this is a kids show, but come on Disney, if John Carter proved anything, its that Disney fails when it only tries to attract a male (boy) audience. Yes, boys will be the primary target audience for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but if you emphasize the female characters (which the first season did more of, even though Wasp was the only full-time female character) you are bound to attract more girls to your programming.)

Last edited by james0246; 2012-04-22 at 18:12.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 15:05   Link #325
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The last episode of Avengers EMH was great. Not only did it set us up for the kree and the skrulls, it did well in how it portrayed Ms.Marvel. And not only did she get her first really significant role in a serious animated series, but this episode is also the animation debut of S.W.O.R.D. which was also handled very well as Agent Brand is a real scene stealer


However, even though Avengers finally got to adding Ms.Marvel to the team it seems like Avengers EMH won't get the chance to show case more female character. Word through the grape vine is that we should not expect to see a season 3. Jeph Loeb is now head Marvel animation studios and since taking over production rumor has been spreading that he plans to end Avengers EMH and start up a new Avengers series... It mostly comes from unnamed though reliable sources, but interviews with Loeb himself result in him refusing to confirm nor deny season 3 which i see as a bad sign; sure he says they are committed to the avengers but that doesn't necessarily mean EMH.


Also it seems he wants avengers to be in continuity with ultimate spiderman (which i have found to be pretty bad so for)... this might further support the idea of a new series considering how EMH already has some continuity issues with USM; most notably being Luke Cage and Iron Fist


Furtharmore, he wants episodes to be individualized and not tell multi-part stories. So don't expect multi-part stories from either Ultimate spiderman, the next avengers series, or even the second half of EMH (he took over after the first 13 episodes of season 2 were produced)... Also i don't think Chris Yost or Joshua Fine, the ones he gave us EMH will be involved in the avengers future calling even the writing into question

Some of this has yet to be officially confirmed, but i'm loosing my optimism over future marvel animation.
__________________

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-04-26 at 15:26.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:00   Link #326
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
First of all, i have to say that Young Justice is really good and I am kinda debating of with which one is better: Young Justice or Teen Titans. I have to give the edge TT but YJ is catching up really fast.

For GL, Couple of weeks ago, it was Saint Walker then Two weeks ago, it was Red Lanterns then last week it was the yellow crystals
Spoiler for :
then you have the Star Stapphire this week. My money that we will be Ind. Tribe and Agent O after that. It seems that they want to recreate the War of the Light, or it is just me.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:22   Link #327
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The last episode of Avengers EMH was great. Not only did it set us up for the kree and the skrulls, it did well in how it portrayed Ms.Marvel. And not only did she get her first really significant role in a serious animated series, but this episode is also the animation debut of S.W.O.R.D. which was also handled very well as Agent Brand is a real scene stealer


However, even though Avengers finally got to adding Ms.Marvel to the team it seems like Avengers EMH won't get the chance to show case more female character. Word through the grape vine is that we should not expect to see a season 3. Jeph Loeb is now head Marvel animation studios and since taking over production rumor has been spreading that he plans to end Avengers EMH and start up a new Avengers series... It mostly comes from unnamed though reliable sources, but interviews with Loeb himself result in him refusing to confirm nor deny season 3 which i see as a bad sign; sure he says they are committed to the avengers but that doesn't necessarily mean EMH.


Also it seems he wants avengers to be in continuity with ultimate spiderman (which i have found to be pretty bad so for)... this might further support the idea of a new series considering how EMH already has some continuity issues with USM; most notably being Luke Cage and Iron Fist


Furtharmore, he wants episodes to be individualized and not tell multi-part stories. So don't expect multi-part stories from either Ultimate spiderman, the next avengers series, or even the second half of EMH (he took over after the first 13 episodes of season 2 were produced)... Also i don't think Chris Yost or Joshua Fine, the ones he gave us EMH will be involved in the avengers future calling even the writing into question

Some of this has yet to be officially confirmed, but i'm loosing my optimism over future marvel animation.
Jeez, that's all negative news right there. I love multiple episode stories. EMH is going great so far and should be allowed a proper run. I hope they can give it a good conclusion this season if that is the case.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 12:49   Link #328
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Well season two of Young Justice started today and it's slightly different.
Spoiler for season two invasion:
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 18:02   Link #329
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well season two of Young Justice started today and it's slightly different.
Spoiler for season two invasion:
I think it's too early to judge the time skip. With some major players missing, and the whole new cast of characters, I'm still undecided on it myself. My question now though is will the old members of the team still get a central focus or will the new team dominate the air time with the original crew in the periphery. I hope they can find a proper balance as season one was not enough, I want more from those characters.

Spoiler:
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 12:24   Link #330
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Avengers: EMH Episode 5: To Steal an Ant-Man

Yet another fun episode. True, it was more episodic than the others, but seeing Pym's official retirement was quite nice, and seeing the real Luke Cage and Iron Fist (and their Heroes for Hire) and not their annoying Ultimate Spiderman doppelgangers was a lot of fun. Additionally, this is the first time, that I can recall, that a super hero has been replaced. Specifically, while it does not occur often, there are several superheroes who have different people playing the part over the years (Robin is a great example of this (since the part has been played by both male and female characters over the years)), and I think this was the first cartoon to emphasize this fact.

That being said, I continue to love the use of the Marvel mythology in Avengers: EMH. As the series expands, I expect more inclusions from the different Marvel organizations and characters (next week the Guardians of the Galaxy make an appearance; I think this is there first time animated (?)).

p.s. now that we have Luke Cage and Scott Lang (Cassie Lang also appears, but she is still too young for any of her superhero stories), maybe we will get Jessica Jones. Minus the more horrific elements of her past . Would Avengers: EMH have the balls to showcase a real interracial relationship? (Probably not before the series is canceled .)

p.p.s. I kind of want Squirrel-Girl to appear (yeah she's a joke, but she is a funny joke)...I also want more mutants in general to appear...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:08   Link #331
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
The 10 Most Asinine 1990s Comic Book Characters Who Never Caught On
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 20:18   Link #332
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
I really liked Maxima's design as a character in the 90's. Maybe if she was better written she would still be around. Perhaps if her reasons for wanting to bang Superman were more justified.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 09:16   Link #333
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
First Sneak Peek at the Animated Dark Knight Returns

__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 09:56   Link #334
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Just watched Superman vs. The Elite, based on the now classic "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" comic, and it is quite good, in fact it is just about as good as a DCAU film can get (only Under the Hood stands along side The Elite). Decent action, strong story, and Superman proving his relevance in a post 9/11 world, there is some great stuff in this film (the extras are also particularly good).

As a side note, I loved the interaction between Clark and Lois in this film. They are in full-on couple mode here, so their flirting is fun and their general disposition toward each other is fun to watch/hear.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 02:45   Link #335
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Some changes to be made in the upcoming animated Batman.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 04:34   Link #336
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Boooooo~~~!!!

Toned down Batman? We already got that from Batman Brave and the Bold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2064d5NhE
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 09:22   Link #337
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Batman's been done to death. I'm just disappointed that Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has gotten such an unceremonious ending. They still had another season or two worth of good storylines to animate.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 12:33   Link #338
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Toned down is a relative term. from teh description it would seem they are planning on toning down the realism of the weapons used. If I remember the trailer for that Batman, that means toning it down to the level of the 1990s DCAU Batman....and I am perfectly fine with the Timmverse Batman.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 12:50   Link #339
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
From Wolf Smoke, the guys who made Kung Fu Cooking Girls, comes Batman of Shanghai.

__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 12:56   Link #340
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Well, this past Sunday marked the end of Disney's Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (in the US at least). Technically, there will be pseudo sequels in Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (both of which will appear in the summer of 2013 along with Ultimate Spider-man), but without Christopher Yost I am unsure what to expect (Paul Dini will work on the Hulk series, so I can expect something interesting there at least).

Still, let's have a moment of silence for quite possibly the best animated Marvel television show yet...okay, the moment is over. Continue with your days .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.