AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-12-19, 16:41   Link #21
Dark`
The Terror of Death
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of igloos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89
Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts. I doubt the petals mean what the opponent guessed (1. It's stupid to show that to your opponent 2. Histugaya didn't respond...), but he lost anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
While I certainly see your point, I can still argue the opposite.

1) Have you ever considered that Hitsugaya never had a choice in the matter? Just because it's stupid to show it to your opponent doesn't mean you can hide it.

2) He might've been shocked that the arrancar was able to deduce that from the limited time that they've been fighting. Just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean the arrancar is wrong.

I mean, as of now, unless Tite Kubo is willingly to bring forth this information, or he makes Hitsugaya explain his Bankai in the manga/anime, all we can do is speculate. Different people will have different thoughts on this. Of mine...at this point, I do think the arrancar is probably right...though I do hope that Hitsugaya will somehow make a comeback. =/
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 16:45   Link #22
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
I doubt Hitsugaya is dead. I really don't think Tite Kubo will be killing off any main (or popular)characters anytime soon. Though, I will give him a praise of respect if he does. I've been waiting for a main character to die. I know that sounds kinda negative or whatever, but for once I'd like to see some tear-jerking-omg-I-really-liked-that-character-he's-really-gone! moments
Souzouryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 16:51   Link #23
Ikorose
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hitsugaya's Bankai is up in the air. While it could mean that he will indeed get some sort of huge boost once the final petal shatters, the Arrancar may be the one who's right. As of right now, I'm hoping for the latter, simply because we have already seen a type of Bankai that increases in power as time passes. Then again, it's amazing to see how weak they're making Hitsugaya seem. So really, it can go either way.

And did anyone else notice the thing Matsumoto was holding at the end of the chapter? If I had to guess, I think she's holding a communicator, and she's going to call for reinforcements.
Ikorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 16:59   Link #24
CorpMazral3
Corp-Kun
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to CorpMazral3
ooh, didn't notice that at first. Thanks for pointing that out Yeah, it's most likely some kind of "phone" to contact the SS. Poor Matusmoto, she looks so helpless there...
CorpMazral3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 17:08   Link #25
Dark`
The Terror of Death
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Land of igloos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikorose
And did anyone else notice the thing Matsumoto was holding at the end of the chapter? If I had to guess, I think she's holding a communicator, and she's going to call for reinforcements.
Yeah...I did. It looks kinda like a stick of Pocky to me, lol. =p
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 17:23   Link #26
Uruz7
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
As has been stated before in the manga and anime, bankai goes away when the shinigami is near death or dead. That's the only circumstance we've ever seen bankai disappear. So, if Hitsu's bankai really disappears when the petals are gone, then he's got to be the weakest captain ever....which I don't believe. At least, I hope not :\
Uruz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:11   Link #27
sanghyun1990
상현
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 24
I think when all 12 pedeals he will tun into a full dragon. Look at his bankai it is weak. I just notcied that Renji is flying, then why didn't he fly before when he was fighint Ichigo?
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:51   Link #28
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Don't worry too much about Hitsu's loss. Like Xiao Long said, he's just a child and his Bankai isn't genuinely complete yet. Just like how Gon and Killua can never ever reach their full potential despite their godly talent because their Nen are barely mature.

Besides, at the rate Kubo is going, I won't be surprised if in 100 chapters time, Hitsu will get a growth spurt due to unexplainable reasons, become a Grimjoww clone without those freaky looking eyes, and a big ass dragon behind him with petals as much as Senbonzakura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
I think when all 12 pedeals he will tun into a full dragon. Look at his bankai it is weak. I just notcied that Renji is flying, then why didn't he fly before when he was fighint Ichigo?
The living world and the Soul Society are 2 different places. It's like comparing Earth and space.

Or it's just another plot hole by Kubo.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:06   Link #29
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deep South among alligators
yeah, Renji sure is getting around with that ban kai of his--I thought he was flying too.
Hitsugaya--I predict BIG WIN. His birthday is Tues, Dec 20. He's too popular a character to be killed. Yeah, Matsumoto's pocky stick---probably a diversion from what's going to be an uber power up after the petal countdown!
__________________
debbiechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:41   Link #30
carb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
hmm i would be countering what i said in other topics about hitsu, but now that some1 had mentioned it, it is pretty stupid for a bankai to show its "countdown" to disapperance. I mean, why does a bankai have to have to show its opponent that? it basically give the opponent an advantage... but i predict that Hitsu WILL LOSE this fight for the main reason that it seems he doesn't know his bankai well enough...

on a side note, i think Hitsu has the capability of becoming the opposite of yamamoto hehe... besides I would think the element of ICE is older than FIRE, or atleast the discovery of fire hehe...
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 20:55   Link #31
Scarlet
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Why do people keep thinking the vanishing petals are a countdown to some sort of power boost?
Go and read the chapter! The Arankaru clearly explained, that Hitsugayas Bankai is going to vanish, because its still incomplete. It's not something Hitsugaya wants, it just is this way. The author wouldn't write this long explanation, if it were just a misjudgement from the enemy!

It's like Sui Fong's Shikai: She explained, that when Yoruichi left it was still incomplete and it got better in the meantime... for Hitsugaya it's the Bankai.
So you are saying that the Arrancar, who had never seen Hitsugaya before knows everything about his Bankai? That doesn't make any sense! He's cocky to get straight to the point. Look at page 7 on the exact same chapter. He sensed that Ilforte released his hollow form (shikai/bankai whatever). He flat out said that it wasn't because Ilforte was forced to, but because he got bored. That misjudgement took an entire page...

The Soi Fong & Yoruichi case is different. Yoruichi was basically her teacher.
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 21:11   Link #32
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Okayyyyy.... Let's assume it's a countdown to a power boost. What difference would it make? It's already so clear that Bankai Hitsugaya isn't capable of beating Xiao Long's normal form, much less his Edward Scissorhands mode.

And Hitsugaya is already fatally injured. Maybe not so much as the Aizen slash, but it's literally enough to put him down.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 21:44   Link #33
Arti
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Okayyyyy.... Let's assume it's a countdown to a power boost. What difference would it make? It's already so clear that Bankai Hitsugaya isn't capable of beating Xiao Long's normal form, much less his Edward Scissorhands mode.

And Hitsugaya is already fatally injured. Maybe not so much as the Aizen slash, but it's literally enough to put him down.
Oh, come on. It's shounen.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 22:19   Link #34
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti
Oh, come on. It's shounen.
I can accept that.

But I'm not buying a 2 second power-up with fatal injuries healed instantly that boost him up so strong that he can beat someone who's argubly MUCH MUCH stronger than him in his full capabilities.

Even Ichigo needed days. Much less Hitsugaya who doesn't even have the main character special treatment.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 22:27   Link #35
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
While I certainly see your point, I can still argue the opposite.

1) Have you ever considered that Hitsugaya never had a choice in the matter? Just because it's stupid to show it to your opponent doesn't mean you can hide it.

2) He might've been shocked that the arrancar was able to deduce that from the limited time that they've been fighting. Just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean the arrancar is wrong.

I mean, as of now, unless Tite Kubo is willingly to bring forth this information, or he makes Hitsugaya explain his Bankai in the manga/anime, all we can do is speculate. Different people will have different thoughts on this. Of mine...at this point, I do think the arrancar is probably right...though I do hope that Hitsugaya will somehow make a comeback. =/
1) Yeah, I've considered that, but that implies that his Zanpakutou hates him... An odd thought to say the least.

2) He didn't have shocked eyes at that point. Compare his eyes to when the arrancar releases his sword. Clearly different. His eyes are actually the main reason I believe this, although I admit that it's a rather weak argument.

But yeah, there's no strong evidence either way at this point. Neither would surprise me.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 23:41   Link #36
carb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
the somewhat bland reaction of hitsugaya when arancar 15 mentioned the disappearing petal doesn't point to any conclusion whether its a power boots or a disappearing boost hehe...

From what i've read of shounen titles, the character never explains nor show what he has in-store until the moment he shows it. But still, im not in favor of it being a countdown in a negative way nor in a positive way at least for hitsu.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:23   Link #37
KiraDouji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You know... everyone's pretty confident in Byakuya's bankai, and while I will agree that both he and Senbonzakura are absolutely amazing... um... Ichigo beat him with a just achieved bankai? So compare Hitsu and Renji to Byakuya and Ikkaku, because that makes sense and all, but don't forget that someone who managed to essentially shatter Senbonzakura is having issues too.

Consider this: all of the shinigami have been or are being beaten pretty badly. The only one who even has a point for the team is Ikkaku, of whom we know the least about in terms of age, bankai, training, etc, etc... so let's not even get into that right now. Just look at it story wise - we're reaching a climax here. Kubo is building up to something. My personal opinion is that it's a character (re?)introduction.

I can see... Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Quincies or Visored. Or a mix. But what I could also see is Aizen or someone from Aizen inc. to come down and say "wtf are you doing? Home. Now." although, I think that'd be the lamest plot device Kubo could use at this point. We're really not a place to add a 'level-up' so to speak, but we are certainly being driven towards some plot mover and right now it's looking like characters.

- Kira
KiraDouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 04:52   Link #38
Caelis
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Just a small reminder:
(I don't recall the exact chapter where the following is said but)
Do not forget that the strength of the Shinigami's in the real world is capped!
They are 5 times less stronger then they are in Soul Society
because for the fear of collateral damage in the real world.

So maybe there is a way to remove that restriction too and
let the shinigami use their full potential in the real world too?

nice releases though! can't wait for the next episodes!
Caelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 04:54   Link #39
carb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
TECHNICALLY speaking, yes ichigo beated byakuya. However, what actually happened wasnt as simple as saying that.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 05:54   Link #40
Grees
Ehhh
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Strange-ville
Hard to believe that the petals are just there so they can show Hitsugaya's downfall. Have to wait and see if he actually had lost, but i got the feeling he'd make a comeback, or at least try to.
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.