AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-17, 10:58   Link #581
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It ain't coming bro. I was just having fun lol

They made it to be shown exclusive at some convention so only those lucky people there have seen it. I don't think the event organisers plan to be releasing it anytime soon too or if ever sadly enough... =/
And one day it will auction for even more than the $1500 the rare original copies of Daicon 3 and 4 garner.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 08:41   Link #582
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I'm surprised with how Idolmaster is doing.
Usually for any series the DVD/BD total keeps decreasing after each vol.
But for Idolmaster it first started with over 6,000 for vol 1 then it kept increasing until it reached over 10,000 for vol 5.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:45   Link #583
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I'm surprised with how Idolmaster is doing.
Usually for any series the DVD/BD total keeps decreasing after each vol.
But for Idolmaster it first started with over 6,000 for vol 1 then it kept increasing until it reached over 10,000 for vol 5.
This is only because the metric is being skewed. The anime is being released in two different versions, and one of the versions is a "Game + Anime" bundle (with the Gravure 4 You PS3 mini-game). This bundle version doesn't count as a normal anime sale, because it's being sold through game channels (so counts as a game sale instead, even though it includes the anime). The increase in sales for the anime SKU is because people are switching from the PS3 bundle to anime-only (because I suppose they figure it's not worth the extra 1000 yen for the mini-game).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 12:20   Link #584
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Btw what are the sales of Symphogear? Are they too low to get a rank?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 12:30   Link #585
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Btw what are the sales of Symphogear? Are they too low to get a rank?
Well, the first volume will be released on the 28th, so I guess we'll see...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 14:56   Link #586
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wait... it hasn't been released?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 22:34   Link #587
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Wait... it hasn't been released?
No, the first of six volumes is being released on the 28th. Here's the First Volume on Amazon.

Numbers you may have seen previously are probably Amazon Stalker points, which is an estimating system based on Amazon pre-order rankings. It's generally within the realm of reality, but it has been known to be quite off from time to time (depending on how much of a given series' sales come from Amazon).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:53   Link #588
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
How did Carnival Phantasm rank?

Also did the last volume of Madoka do something like 50,000 or 70,000?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:02   Link #589
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
How did Carnival Phantasm rank?

Also did the last volume of Madoka do something like 50,000 or 70,000?
For the Madoka question, check out the Reports thread and do a search on the page in your browser.

As for Carnival Phantasm, it was being sold as software rather than through normal DVD/BD channels, so we don't have the usual sources for sales figures. I'm sure the information is out there somewhere, but not sure off-hand.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 06:46   Link #590
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I'm...kind of confused Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is the one currently airing title racking up significant pre-orders already and that the rest are way behind. Did it come available well before the rest? Seems weird for the rest to be so low in comparison if order dates have been similar.

Yamato's strategy has definitely worked - 12k for part 1 and 10k for part 2. Good to see.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 07:52   Link #591
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is only because the metric is being skewed. The anime is being released in two different versions, and one of the versions is a "Game + Anime" bundle (with the Gravure 4 You PS3 mini-game). This bundle version doesn't count as a normal anime sale, because it's being sold through game channels (so counts as a game sale instead, even though it includes the anime). The increase in sales for the anime SKU is because people are switching from the PS3 bundle to anime-only (because I suppose they figure it's not worth the extra 1000 yen for the mini-game).
First-week sales for the G4U bundles have consistently stayed at 17k, as far as I'm aware. As far as iM@S initial sales, they've been really consistent except for volume 1, due to the game, and volume 5, which had a small spike because it was a really "big" episode. Volume 6 sales are back to the same numbers you see in the other volumes.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 09:50   Link #592
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I'm...kind of confused Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is the one currently airing title racking up significant pre-orders already and that the rest are way behind. Did it come available well before the rest? Seems weird for the rest to be so low in comparison if order dates have been similar.
It's ranking the best for a simple reason, it's the most popular of the new shows. A few days ago Episode 1 on Nico had over 800,000 views... and it was put up on Nico after it aired on tv...

Looks like a lock for 10k+
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 10:23   Link #593
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
That's simply awesome. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san's fame is well deserved, but it feels like a niche show. Glad it's doing that well.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 11:33   Link #594
Asf
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's ranking the best for a simple reason, it's the most popular of the new shows. A few days ago Episode 1 on Nico had over 800,000 views... and it was put up on Nico after it aired on tv...

Looks like a lock for 10k+
Part of the NicoNico numbers is probably due to how few TV stations it's airing on, but even still it seems to be getting a lot of attention.
Asf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 12:32   Link #595
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I'm...kind of confused Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is the one currently airing title racking up significant pre-orders already and that the rest are way behind. Did it come available well before the rest? Seems weird for the rest to be so low in comparison if order dates have been similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's ranking the best for a simple reason, it's the most popular of the new shows. A few days ago Episode 1 on Nico had over 800,000 views... and it was put up on Nico after it aired on tv...
Don't forget Fate/Zero (though I think you probably take it as a given)! Too bad Nico views/ratings are usually terrible indicators for which series will sell ... Personally, I think the reason why it's so high is because there are so much neta for the more dedicated fans that dig these stuff, so it's just riding the initial hype and how long that goes will probably determine how strong the series at the end (there won't be huge special developments afaik).

Still very impatiently waiting for AKB to get listed and if the prices/3 different versions on 2ch leak are real then even Fate/Zero might get destroyed (especially if it comes with special CDs), which would be interesting to see. Jokingly (or not), most commented that anything less than 10w is consider it "bombed".

This season's particularly fun to watch for sales because so many series are sequels/adaptations and many of them have huge potential to do well. I find it especially humorous that die-hard KyoAni fans pushed Hyouka up so high despite the completely obnoxious sale strat (11 volumes for 22 episodes ...). Really freaking hope this bombs. Originally my stance of クール四天王 will be F/Z, Hyouka, AW, and AKB, but after seeing the Hyouka listing, I don't think that's likely anymore.

Personally, I just want Eureka, Saki, and Jormungand to do well then I'm satisfied (AW's already getting starting to get a boost in novel sales, so that's enough for me~)

And of course there's still this from previous season:
Quote:
**1,193位 ○(**1,126pt) [*,**0予約] 2012年04月25日 ギルティクラウン 4(完全生産限定版) [DVD]
***,109位 ★(**3,082pt) [*,*20予約] 2012年04月25日 ギルティクラウン 4(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
best part is there are still 7 volumes to go~~ On the other hand, Pirates went out of stock for the 3rd time now (twice for vol 1, and now for vol 2), which made me very happy.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-04-19 at 12:43.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 10:13   Link #596
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Don't forget Fate/Zero (though I think you probably take it as a given)!
Well I consider that more a continuation than a new show and Fate/Zero S2 selling well is a given in the first place.

Quote:
Still very impatiently waiting for AKB to get listed and if the prices/3 different versions on 2ch leak are real then even Fate/Zero might get destroyed (especially if it comes with special CDs), which would be interesting to see. Jokingly (or not), most commented that anything less than 10w is consider it "bombed".
It would have to be quite a mess up for this not to fly off the shelves.. I mean seriously they get an Aachan character single for Vol 1... one of the last songs with the group she has "led" for a long time before she leaves for good... well good fing game.

Quote:
This season's particularly fun to watch for sales because so many series are sequels/adaptations and many of them have huge potential to do well. I find it especially humorous that die-hard KyoAni fans pushed Hyouka up so high despite the completely obnoxious sale strat (11 volumes for 22 episodes ...). Really freaking hope this bombs. Originally my stance of クール四天王 will be F/Z, Hyouka, AW, and AKB, but after seeing the Hyouka listing, I don't think that's likely anymore.

Personally, I just want Eureka, Saki, and Jormungand to do well then I'm satisfied (AW's already getting starting to get a boost in novel sales, so that's enough for me~)
Could it also be from fans who have been reading the LNs though in regards to Hyouka?

11, **9,031 *62,167 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san vol.1
12, **8,492 131,063 Accel World vol.1
13, **8,210 *77,604 Hyouka

Will be interesting too see how these sales go over the next few weeks... if Nyaruko-san can have mulitple novels selling 8k+ a week for 4-5 weeks and continue its current Amazon rankings.. 20k+ looks in sight.

Accel World might do a BakaTest though? Big increase in novel sales but not do much on the anime front?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 21:33   Link #597
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Could it also be from fans who have been reading the LNs though in regards to Hyouka?
Not really. Those numbers are too weak to consider to have an effect (AW too, which is why I said "starting" in my previous post). I have read the authors' other works and Hyouka's very lackluster in comparison (speaking from mystery perspective). IIRC, Volume 3's the one that comes with extra footage, anyone buying into volume 1 right now's really just diehard KyoAni fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Accel World might do a BakaTest though? Big increase in novel sales but not do much on the anime front?
Silly Westly, don't you know that anime with May'n solo singing the OP is guarantee to bomb?

Joke aside, AW could very easily end up failing, but from the first 24 hours when it got listed we at least know some LN fan's there to back the anime. With Yoshino helming the script, everyone is still cautious as hell. If he just follows the original then there's no problem. Still, there're too many factors going into the story that might influence sales, but if done right, AW is a slowly warming up type instead of the hype-induced popularity type (I'm banking on some awesome fight scenes here ...).

In the mean time ... Nisemonogatari's coming up. As a pro-Monogatari but anti-Nise Nisio-tard, I will be spending much time gloating that Bake will "wreck" Nise in sales with the most unreasonable and biased "facts" on /a/.

Random note, Natsuiro Kiseki has to be the worst series that Sunrise has ever done in terms of sales. Hope the CDs sell well though. I know Studio 11 sucks but with Urahata and Mizushima I really wonder what happened.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think you can pre-order volume 1 for Natusiro yet, so i'm exaggerating how much it failed, but just seems like the opinion for this series is pretty low.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 21:59   Link #598
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Not really. Those numbers are too weak to consider to have an effect (AW too, which is why I said "starting" in my previous post). I have read the authors' other works and Hyouka's very lackluster in comparison (speaking from mystery perspective). IIRC, Volume 3's the one that comes with extra footage, anyone buying into volume 1 right now's really just diehard KyoAni fans.
Volume 3 of the manga is the volume that will be released with an original story on BD. While novels 3 and 4 are longer, I can't say they'll come with extra footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
In the mean time ... Nisemonogatari's coming up. As a pro-Monogatari but anti-Nise Nisio-tard, I will be spending much time gloating that Bake will "wreck" Nise in sales with the most unreasonable and biased "facts" on /a/.

Random note, Natsuiro Kiseki has to be the worst series that Sunrise has ever done in terms of sales. Hope the CDs sell well though. I know Studio 11 sucks but with Urahata and Mizushima I really wonder what happened.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think you can pre-order volume 1 for Natusiro yet, so i'm exaggerating how much it failed, but just seems like the opinion for this series is pretty low.
Aniplex and Amazon appear to be having a disagreement with anime BDs. I wouldn't read too much into any stalker points for Aniplex series since releases after this month (minus a few random releases) have been de-listed. We don't know if the people that normally buy would move to another show/retailer or would wait for Amazon to re-list it. It'll be bad for spring predictions regardless. All we can do is wait for the numbers from Oricon on these releases and see what happens.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 22:37   Link #599
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Volume 3 of the manga is the volume that will be released with an original story on BD. While novels 3 and 4 are longer, I can't say they'll come with extra footage.
*1巻 2012/06/29
特製CD(サントラ、オリジナルドラマ、ラジオダイジェスト)、16ページカラーブックレット、特製ポスト カード2枚(内1点描き下ろしイラスト使用)付き。三方背クリアケース、キャラクターデザイン西屋太志描き 下ろしデジパック仕様(Blu-ray限定版専用絵柄を使用予定)。描き下ろし3巻収容BOX(Blu-ray専用絵柄使用)
ロケハン映像、BGMレコーディング風景、OP&EDレコーディング風景、スタッフオーディオコメンタリー (出演: 監督 武本康弘、シリーズ構成 賀東招二 予定)、ノンテロップOP&ED、番宣スポット、PV、TVCMスポット

*2巻 2012/07/27
*3巻 2012/08/31
*4巻 2012/09/28
*5巻 2012/10/26
*6巻 2012/11/30
*7巻 2012/12/28
*8巻 2013/01/25
*9巻 2013/02/22
10巻 2013/03/29
11巻 2013/04/26

未放送話は多分こっちに収録
氷菓 3 【限定版】 Blu-ray付
4200円
2013/01

I was referring to this though (so it's really 12 volumes instead of 11, which makes me even more annoyed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Aniplex and Amazon appear to be having a disagreement with anime BDs. I wouldn't read too much into any stalker points for Aniplex series since releases after this month (minus a few random releases) have been de-listed. We don't know if the people that normally buy would move to another show/retailer or would wait for Amazon to re-list it. It'll be bad for spring predictions regardless. All we can do is wait for the numbers from Oricon on these releases and see what happens.
Of course, hence why I said I exaggerate , but you can't really say the general opinion of this series thus far is even average though.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 22:49   Link #600
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I was referring to this though (so it's really 12 volumes instead of 11, which makes me even more annoyed).
No, it's not 12 volumes. It's an OVA bundled with the manga just like Kore wa Zombie or Another. We don't say those titles have 6/7 volumes because an OVA was packaged with the manga. They won't be totaled with the other volumes for an average amount, so it's not worth it to say it's a "12th volume." (Kadokawa listing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Of course, hence why I said I exaggerate , but you can't really say the general opinion of this series thus far is even average though.
Just going from NicoNico polls, I completely agree.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
news, sales, statistics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.