AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-21, 04:56   Link #801
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Guys, I think the most important topic to discuss should be what would you have done if you were on top of Chiyuri on that bed with her being all cute?
Naughty... You can do that on your own time
__________________
Krytonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 04:57   Link #802
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Guys, I think the most important topic to discuss should be what would you have done if you were on top of Chiyuri on that bed with her being all cute?
I'd think 'I prefer older, more developed women compared to middle school students' and get on with my job

On a more serious note, kudos to Haru for still having the presence of mind and not distracted by Chiyu to check for the programs in Chiyu's neuro linker. If nothing else Haru is really loyal to Kuroyuki to be able to keep focus like that...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 04:59   Link #803
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Wait a min... they -are- 13? I thought they were currently 14 years old, turning 15 (as Kuroyuki is 15-16 at most), and that the whole thing happened when they were 12-13.
Chiyu will turn smocking hot in 4 years then
They're currently 1st year Middle school students IIRC. Or 2nd year at most. If my Japanese culture info's correct that's around 13 right?

EDIT: sorry for double post, I was expecting someone else to post in the time I'm writing this one up with 9 other members in the thread
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:08   Link #804
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Second year of middle school would be the 13-14 range, with the possibility of some students to be officially a year older, due to the timing of Japanese school year system. (I took the premise that haru is second year, and Kuroyuki third year (14-15), because she has reached LV9 along with the other kings, so she most likely is one of the first gen kids with neuro linker).
Hence why I thought the bunch of them were rather on the 14 year side, due to Chiyu and Takku's design.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:20   Link #805
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Second year of middle school would be the 13-14 range, with the possibility of some students to be officially a year older, due to the timing of Japanese school year system. (I took the premise that haru is second year, and Kuroyuki third year (14-15), because she has reached LV9 along with the other kings, so she most likely is one of the first gen kids with neuro linker).
Hence why I thought the bunch of them were rather on the 14 year side, due to Chiyu and Takku's design.
That reminds me, the bowtie of their uniform notes what year group they are. Kuroyuki was 3rd year and Haru, Chiyu and Taku are the same age, with Haru at 1st year.

As for what Generation Kuroyuki is, well... see spoiler tag for answer, BUT BEWARE OF UNAIRED SPOILERS:
Spoiler:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:25   Link #806
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
That reminds me, the bowtie of their uniform notes what year group they are. Kuroyuki was 3rd year and Haru, Chiyu and Taku are the same age, with Haru at 1st year.
Kuroyuki's been stated to be a second year.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:41   Link #807
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
It's unrealistic to expect people to not mess up as they grow up, IMO.

True, but what the heck is she doing accepting a boyfriend at her age? Although recalling memory, it was very much puppy love when I was that age, and you get teased to no end if you were a part of a couple.


Well, I do hope they show a valuable lesson to be learn from this, although, I do expect that Haru is such a nice guy that she will somehow get away unscathed in all of this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
She wanted a way to keep things the same, and after Haru said he wouldn't mind she gladly accepted the end where everyone will be happy.

Hence, she placed all the burdens on Haru's shoulder, and she reaped all the benefits guilt free.


I love discussing series, but I'm also very spoiler-phoebic. Hence, thanks for the LN thread offer, but I'll stay away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't really like being unfair or not. Rather, Chiyu was basically stuck between a rock and a hard place: there is no "correct" course of action in this mess, because she doesn't know Haru's real feeling at that given time, and had no idea how Takku would react if he got rejected. Therefore, asking an opinion is something "appropriate" even if the answer from Haru could be guessed from the get go. However, if the unexpected does happen (like Haru confessing her to her), it could give her the possibility to force a statu quo because she doesn't want to hurt anyone and both guys would realize the issue here.

But since Haru has absolutely no problem (as he didn't have any feelings for her, romantically), well here goes the decision.
Very well thought out analysis. If Chiyu could think of all this at around 10 years old, then she is quite the genius.

However, if Haru does not have feelings for Chiyu, then why does he get jealous of Taku?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Wait a min... they -currently are- 13? I thought they were currently 14 years old, turning 15 (as Kuroyuki is 15-16 at most), and that the whole thing happened when they were 12-13.
Chiyu will turn smoking hot in 4 years then
Totally agree. Haru will not know what he is missing out on. That Misaka... err... umm... Chiru has a lot of potential.

Changing the direction around a bit, Takumu seems a little antsy and upset when Haru was talking as if things were easy for him. He makes it known that things are difficult to achieve, which somehow leads me to believe that there will be further conflicts between them.



Also, Kuroyukihime mentioned that the one after her is anxious to gain points. I wonder if this is a coincidence?



Btw, with the naming scheme, Takumu sounds like it stands for either Table or House (Taku) and the number 6 (mu). There are currently 6 Kings in the Accel World. How this will play it will be interesting.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:52   Link #808
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
So Kuro is going to raise him to level 9 and then stab him in the back?

Ok I see where this is going.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 06:08   Link #809
TheEroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
I'm having a bit too much fun with this episode

__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 06:20   Link #810
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
True, but what the heck is she doing accepting a boyfriend at her age? Although recalling memory, it was very much puppy love when I was that age, and you get teased to no end if you were a part of a couple.


Well, I do hope they show a valuable lesson to be learn from this, although, I do expect that Haru is such a nice guy that she will somehow get away unscathed in all of this.
What lesson? "Sometimes life sucks and there is no good option"?


Quote:
However, if Haru does not have feelings for Chiyu, then why does he get jealous of Taku?
Because Taku is handsome, successful, and popular?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 06:56   Link #811
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
The first half was good since it established a clear and clever strategy against an enemy and fleshed out KYH's character but I really didn't like the second half. The scene between Haru and Chiyu was very intimate and it felt like they were going behind Taku's back. And plus I can't help but feel like they're demonising Chiyu's character a little bit to make the canon pairing look better.
__________________

Last edited by Haak; 2012-04-22 at 13:37.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 07:03   Link #812
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I'm having a bit too much fun with this episode

Good work man. I just found my avatar for this season. Thanks!
__________________
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 07:05   Link #813
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What lesson? "Sometimes life sucks and there is no good option"?
At the very least, you reap what you sow. Another is greed will lead to despair. If you want everything, you could end up with nothing. For every action, there is an opposite, but equal, reaction.

Whatever the lesson maybe, I hope they have one instead of the cop-out "everything will be fine as long as your moe."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because Taku is handsome, successful, and popular?
So now the focus is back on Haru not being a good friend? They are supposed to be friends. If Haru does not truly have some feelings for Chiru, then he would not be bothered with Chiru's and Taku's interactions.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 07:25   Link #814
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
At the very least, you reap what you sow. Another is greed will lead to despair. If you want everything, you could end up with nothing.
So it's greedy to want to keep your friends? She never set out to get a boyfriend. She'd have been happy with the statu quo. But once Taku confessed, that wasn't on the table anymore.

Quote:
For every action, there is an opposite, but equal, reaction.
But Taku's the one who took action. I'm not absolving her of the choices she made after that, but keep in mind that she didn't take the initiative. Everything she did was an attempt at damage control. Sure, maybe we can stand here and say there were better ways. That if she'd been more clever, or braver, or whatever, it wouldn't have turned into a mess. Or maybe we can say she should have just rejected him no matter the consequences out of some kind of moral principle. But I don't even see you proposing a better solution, so where's the high horse coming from?

Quote:
Whatever the lesson maybe, I hope they have one instead of the cop-out "everything will be fine as long as your moe."



So now the focus is back on Haru not being a good friend? They are supposed to be friends. If Haru does not truly have some feelings for Chiru, then he would not be bothered with Chiru's and Taku's interactions.
It has nothing to do with his feelings for Chiyuri. It's his self-esteem. Every time he sees them, he's reminded of everything he lacks: looks, success, popularity.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 08:16   Link #815
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Very well thought out analysis. If Chiyu could think of all this at around 10 years old, then she is quite the genius.

However, if Haru does not have feelings for Chiyu, then why does he get jealous of Taku?

Changing the direction around a bit, Takumu seems a little antsy and upset when Haru was talking as if things were easy for him. He makes it known that things are difficult to achieve, which somehow leads me to believe that there will be further conflicts between them.

Also, Kuroyukihime mentioned that the one after her is anxious to gain points. I wonder if this is a coincidence?
First of all Haru is 13 and so as Chiyu and Taku and they are all first year students with Kuroyukihime as 2nd year student and a vice president of the student council.

When did Haru gets jealous of Taku? or maybe his jealous but he is soooooo darn straight on the belief that he doesn't have a worth which brings back in episode 2. He doesn't believe in his own self.

The problems starts when Haru starts to distance himself away from those 2. Well given that they are in a relationship which makes him like a 3rd wheel plus he wants both of them happy. Which makes Chiyu sad because she only wants it to stay that way and they are 10 years old when Taku confess to her. Pretty young and early but better than late

As for the point where Taku was angsty when Haru make it sound like it's easy for him. Well Taku is good at all and being good at all doesn't necessarily meant that your originally good at all. It can also mean that you put a lot of effort on it but for Haru which looks like it's always okay. That kinda hurts for Taku and specially to him which he probably know or think that Chiyu likes Haru and that can also explain why he confess in such early years. He is in such a hurry for something. As for Haru..... nothing is okay for him. He just doesn't want the only 2 person which he trust to took pity on him which refers to episode 1. In his bad nightmare when Chiyu and Taku was also looking down at Haru. Haru wants his friends to treat him the same too like always which is actually kinda same for Chiyu which likes the way to stay the same for 3 of them. Which still kind childish because people eventually grew apart as they grew but some stay close even when they grew up.

As for Haru a bit of background info about him and everything about him is a mess.
Spoiler for background:
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 09:22   Link #816
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
Either Chiyu is completely oblivious to how cute she is, or she's a devious little tease. Either way, that was a pretty epic heart-to-heart.

I know the cafe scene was an infodump, but it was sorely needed. I finally feel like I have at least a basic grasp on what the stakes are, and what Kuroyuki is after, or at the very least what she wants Haru to believe she's after. It was kind of hard to care about her up to that point because she was so nebulous as a character.

I may be falling for a red herring here, but I can't help but notice that after a good 5 minutes of Haru and Kuroyuki agonizing over the identity of "Cyan Pyle", Haru immediately runs into his good buddy who is wearing a bright blue track suit. Putting that aside, though, it was a nice touch to have the two of them notice the three kids playing together, which wordlessly transitioned the topic back to Chiyu. I liked that moment. It felt really natural.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 09:59   Link #817
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Yeah, I actually have sneaking suspicion that they're going to reveal that Taku is a Burst Linker and has been cheating in his kendo tournaments, which would be a massive piss-take. At that point they're pretty much demonising every other character in cheap attempt at making us like Haru more, so I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 10:09   Link #818
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, I actually have sneaking suspicion that they're going to reveal that Taku is a Burst Linker and has been cheating in his kendo tournaments, which would be a massive piss-take. At that point they're pretty much demonising every other character in cheap attempt at making us like Haru more, so I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.
Why you (we) must think it that way?
I would only think that scenario are intriguing plot if that really happen.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 10:17   Link #819
apsody243
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 26
How would that be a "cheap attempt at making us like Haru more" no body is prefect every body can fall to temptation. If Taku did happen to cheat using Brain Burst then it just goes to show that he isn't as perfect as he would like to appear.

I think it would add more depth to his character.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 10:23   Link #820
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I think it would be more realistic if you ask me. You got a cheat ability and you can use it to impress your girlfriend >.> so why not use it? hasn't kuroyukihime said that burst linker fight to continue to accelerate.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.