AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-20, 18:51   Link #1
fsior

Needing suggestions on anime

I am looking for to expand my horizons with anime, I recently watched the enitre Shakugan no Shana series and absolutely loved it. Can anyone suggest some series to me like that?
Old 2012-04-20, 22:59   Link #2
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Why don't you try Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Darker Than Black, and Chromed Shelled Regios.
Old 2012-04-21, 00:03   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, you can watch To Aru Majutsu no Index and its spin-off To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. Each series has two seasons and some OVAs. It's quite similar to Shana.
Old 2012-04-21, 01:58   Link #4
Elegance

Zero No Tsukaima is a obvious choice
Also will second To Aru Majutsu no Index
Old 2012-04-21, 02:32   Link #5
Tempester
is making a new theme.

It's annoying to give out generic suggestions for anime as a whole without a certain desired genre or aspect specified, especially when you give so few details about yourself. This is partly because I can't give a very good reason for you to like an anime without sufficient knowledge. What aspects of Shakugan no Shana led you to like it? How many anime have you seen? Do you have an MAL or AniDB account that you can share with us?

Nevertheless, I'll give you a few anime I greatly enjoyed that are generally liked in anime communities:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Fantasy thriller/drama with magical girls.

Cowboy Bebop
Sci-fi, episodic space western. Entry level stuff.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Action fantasy. Please don't mistake this for the inferior 2003 anime Fullmetal Alchemist.

Toradora
School romantic comedy.

Monster
Mysterious and dramatic psychological thriller.

What I also suggest you do is follow this link, as it has a lot of charts on anime that are usually considered good. It can serve you well in the future.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Old 2012-04-21, 05:38   Link #6
asdamp

then you have to see Zero No Tsukaima
Old 2012-04-21, 08:00   Link #7
Trudinh

Second On

Zero No Tsukaima - Same voice actor as shakugan no shana, has the whole guy meet short girl theme.

ToraDora - Classic Comedy and Romance. Same guy meet short girl theme.

To Aru Majutsu no Index - also has the whole guy meet short girl and got drag into the battle between good and evil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also try

Aria no Hidan

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi

dragon crisis
Old 2012-04-21, 08:41   Link #8
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Seconding Zero no Tsukaima and Hidan no Aria: they both have male protagonist and short tsundere. They are just the closest things to shana, with some ecchi and some more romance (there is more kissing and a little more).

Zero no Tsukaima got 4 seasons, and is finished; each season got 12 episodes, and you won't get bored. It's about a boy who gets summoned in another world by a failure of mage called Louise; the boy, Saito, should be Louise's familiar (usually familiars are animals or creatures like that, but Louise managed to summon a human) but at the beginning he of course rejects such idea... they'll eventually.... won't spoil. It's a very fun watch, it makes you laugh, got some slapstick humor and a good romance all the way, coupled with the ecchiness factor, that grows from season to season; there will be drama and some emotional episode later on. Here is a screen of the cast(of the 1st season):
Spoiler for pic:

Have fun
Old 2012-04-21, 13:03   Link #9
fsior

I recently got all 4 seasons of Zero no Tsukaima, half way thru S4. And as far as what I liked about Shana, I don't know how to put it, I thought how the storytelling of the series how it worked up to the 3rd season was awesome.
Spoiler for Shana:

Last edited by fsior; 2012-04-21 at 13:35.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:28   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsior View Post
Spoiler for example:
Please use spoiler tags for material like that. The easiest way is to highlight the text you need to hide with your mouse, then click the icon in the editor that looks like a "caution" sign with a girl peeking out from behind it.