AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-22, 11:27   Link #7041
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am testing out a "fruit for brunch" diet for the next month. Let's see if that will kill me.
You do realise that since it's you saying it, we're all going to think "Oh, he's trying to make himself fit into his latest dress this coming AFA", right?

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:36   Link #7042
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You do realise that since it's you saying it, we're all going to think "Oh, he's trying to make himself fit into his latest dress this coming AFA", right?

Actually no. Some doctor prescribed me "eat more fruits/veg" on Friday after I visited her for sore throat and a blinding migraine. She did a blood test and said something along the lines of "too much MSG and fizzy drinks, not enough sleep" and "keep this up and you'd be the youngest patient I have to send for dialysis".

The last time I was damn sick I went vegan for an entire week. It works....and also 1 month isn't enough to slim down. Most men need 3 and women need around 4-6....unless you are chugging diuretic-loaded stuff (usually caffeine) like plain black coffee or Red Bull, but it creates an addiction that your body can't work without it.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:39   Link #7043
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually no. Some doctor prescribed me "eat more fruits/veg" on Friday after I visited her for sore throat and a blinding migraine. She did a blood test and said something along the lines of "too much MSG and fizzy drinks, not enough sleep" and "keep this up and you'd be the youngest patient I have to send for dialysis".

The last time I was damn sick I went vegan for an entire week. It works....and also 1 month isn't enough to slim down. Most men need 3 and women need around 4-6.
Well, that just means we'll think, "Okay, so not the Malaysia AFA in June, but the Singapore one in November."

That aside, I concur with your doc. That shit isn't something you should consume too much of, man.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:06   Link #7044
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually no. Some doctor prescribed me "eat more fruits/veg" on Friday after I visited her for sore throat and a blinding migraine. She did a blood test and said something along the lines of "too much MSG and fizzy drinks, not enough sleep"
I think a better cure would be to not eat MSG nor drink fizzy drinks. But hey, I'm not a doctor...
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:17   Link #7045
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually no. Some doctor prescribed me "eat more fruits/veg" on Friday after I visited her for sore throat and a blinding migraine. She did a blood test and said something along the lines of "too much MSG and fizzy drinks, not enough sleep" and "keep this up and you'd be the youngest patient I have to send for dialysis".

The last time I was damn sick I went vegan for an entire week. It works....and also 1 month isn't enough to slim down. Most men need 3 and women need around 4-6....unless you are chugging diuretic-loaded stuff (usually caffeine) like plain black coffee or Red Bull, but it creates an addiction that your body can't work without it.
so which loli were you stalking?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:31   Link #7046
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, that just means we'll think, "Okay, so not the Malaysia AFA in June, but the Singapore one in November."

That aside, I concur with your doc. That shit isn't something you should consume too much of, man.
As I have said before, I am a little too bulky around the shoulder area to pull off a crossplay. Not even Sume-nee is going to make me do one when I am not going to because I don't want to do something that I can be perfect at.

As for MSG, it is all around the stuff we eat outside. There should be an MSG Act or something signed into law to limit the amount of that thing in our food, and any hawker that breaks that law will have 100ml of that in liquid form pumped directly into his/her coronary artery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think a better cure would be to not eat MSG nor drink fizzy drinks. But hey, I'm not a doctor...
That was what I was planning to do next month. But I have been running around so much that I eat out almost all the time......and my wallet is asking me to spend more on figurines instead of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so which loli were you stalking?
I wasn't stalking any lolis!
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:34   Link #7047
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As I have said before, I am a little too bulky around the shoulder area to pull off a crossplay. Not even Sume-nee is going to make me do one when I am not going to because I don't want to do something that I can be perfect at.
No, it just means we need a costume design that will de-emphasize your shoulders. I think Sumeragi can whip something up easy.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:53   Link #7048
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As I have said before, I am a little too bulky around the shoulder area to pull off a crossplay. Not even Sume-nee is going to make me do one when I am not going to because I don't want to do something that I can be perfect at. ~~
Excellent, you just gave your consent. Freudian slip or not, we now have written confirmation.

Please proceed to divulge your clothing size to your nearest cos-raper and post the photos for our own perverse amusement.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:20   Link #7049
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
gods... MSG is code for "I can't cook so I'm going to douse the food in this so you just slobber 'moar'...."
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:23   Link #7050
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
That's because that kind of food is not cooked, but 'produced'.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:06   Link #7051
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That was what I was planning to do next month. But I have been running around so much that I eat out almost all the time......and my wallet is asking me to spend more on figurines instead of food.
Remind me to never visit... Singapore? MSG/nitrates give me migraines, so I'd die within a few days there apparently.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:08   Link #7052
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Remind me to never visit... Singapore? MSG/nitrates give me migraines, so I'd die within a few days there apparently.
Only if you eat at the places that SaintessHeart is apparently eating at. Kind of like me saying I will never visit the USA because I will get a heart attack from eating all the donuts and fatty food there.

Natch.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:11   Link #7053
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So... You're planning on bringing your own food, then?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:34   Link #7054
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Only if you eat at the places that SaintessHeart is apparently eating at. Kind of like me saying I will never visit the USA because I will get a heart attack from eating all the donuts and fatty food there.

Natch.
You've had multiple heart attacks over the years from eating fatty food? Then... maybe you should stop as well?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:32   Link #7055
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You've had multiple heart attacks over the years from eating fatty food? Then... maybe you should stop as well?
Maybe not, if just eating it occasionally... I manage to eat half a kilo of "Adobong Baka" all by myself in less than half an hour... no rice of course and with liter of Coke. That was just amazing, paradise!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:58   Link #7056
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Rare 1792 penny sells for $1.15 million
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-20-12-21-22
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:29   Link #7057
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
The vegetarian chef who turned carnivore
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:39   Link #7058
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Controversial Idol Commercial Leads to Complaints about Homosexuality

Okay what? It's just girls with....candy.......
Spoiler for The Commercial:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 14:23   Link #7059
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Pennsylvania man hid phone in jail in prosthetic leg
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-23-10-51-22
__________________

ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 15:57   Link #7060
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Controversial Idol Commercial Leads to Complaints about Homosexuality

Okay what? It's just girls with....candy.......
Spoiler for The Commercial:
Clearly, America does not have a monopoly on stupidity and bigotry. That said, this was an ad clearly designed to make boners pop and it's somewhat insulting to actual gay women such as myself. "Sex sells" and so forth, but it's silly.

I mean, I would be insulted if I wasn't so busy watching the commercial. You know, for academic purposes.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.