AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-24, 16:07   Link #3341
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Age: 28
50 million well spent chelsea....

__________________
Kizoku Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:12   Link #3342
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
the easiest goal he'll ever score. oh well, both real and bayern will rip them apart. they don't have a defense..
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:15   Link #3343
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DC
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
50 million well spent chelsea....

Hahaha nice one xD
__________________
ranran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:18   Link #3344
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
Hahaha nice one xD

your welcome fellow football humour enthusiast
__________________
Kizoku Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 16:20   Link #3345
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
Down with 10 men for almost an hour and still managing to score 2 goals, and against Barca? The alleged best team in the world? Total hats off to that.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 17:20   Link #3346
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the easiest goal he'll ever score. oh well, both real and bayern will rip them apart. they don't have a defense..
I'd wager that Barca would disagree here...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 17:27   Link #3347
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Wow..Chelsea wins.....

First finalist...Congratulation!!!!!!
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 17:28   Link #3348
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Barcelona deserve to lose. They were trying too much to get in tiqui-taka (or something like that), and forgot everything else. They can't get goal from corner, from set piece, from cross, from counter-attacks or from long shot playing like that... They literally is too one-dimensional to deserve winning this year (La Liga and CL)

Then the like of Fabegras and Sanchez clearly have to adjust themselves to fit in the team, lose all their major strengths in the process

Well done for Chelsea. I don't know how much their fans could be happy right now, but it must be gutted for Barcelona fans, playing against 10 men, 75% possession, 2 goals up, missed penalty, a rightly disallowed goal, and 2 times hit the post. Chelsea on other hand scored 3 with 4 on target over 180minutes (i think)
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:18   Link #3349
Bri
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Barcelona deserve to lose. They were trying too much to get in tiqui-taka (or something like that), and forgot everything else. They can't get goal from corner, from set piece, from cross, from counter-attacks or from long shot playing like that... They literally is too one-dimensional to deserve winning this year (La Liga and CL)
I can't agree. There is still no effective tactic in football against Barca's possession based control style of play. There is no need for a plan B. Chelsea did what it could, defended well, and scored 3 goals out of the 5 chances they got in two matches, but they still conceded way more opportunities to score then they created themselves.

Barca can only blame themselves, their sub-par finishing did them in, Chelsea could only watch and hope.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:25   Link #3350
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
__________________
A politically ignorant person who embraces only hedonism as the main philosophical doctrine.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 19:08   Link #3351
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'd wager that Barca would disagree here...
once chelski went ahead on away goals, they could defend for their lives. the story would have been very different if they had gone in level or barca had scored 3.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 19:10   Link #3352
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post

kudos you got me LOL'ing like crazy with that one
__________________
Kizoku Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 20:22   Link #3353
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
I can't agree. There is still no effective tactic in football against Barca's possession based control style of play. There is no need for a plan B. Chelsea did what it could, defended well, and scored 3 goals out of the 5 chances they got in two matches, but they still conceded way more opportunities to score then they created themselves.

Barca can only blame themselves, their sub-par finishing did them in, Chelsea could only watch and hope.
This is not the first time Barca was frustrated by a team playing narrow, tight defense and hitting them on counter. Inter did it in 2010. Milan did it this year at San Siro in the 0-0 draw and could have been successful if not for a controversial penalty call. Levante almost forced a draw the week before. Real Madrid was slightly more open in the El Clasico last weekend, but the approach was largely the same. And now Chelsea has done it again. It is currently THE tactic to play against Barca. That's not to say it is the perfect counter to Barca's football - on a better day Barca would have won - but it is fairly successful at limiting Barca to very few good chances per game. And let's be real, you just cannot keep Messi quiet for 90 minutes without giving him a chance or two.

To say Barca does not need a plan B is probably wrong. Guardiola obviously thought of adding another dimension in attack. That's why they bought Ibrahimovic two seasons ago. It's also notable that the only goal scored against Inter at Camp Nou came from Pique - a big target man. The lack of presence in the box for Barca to go a more direct route was pretty obvious.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 04:44   Link #3354
Bri
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
This is not the first time Barca was frustrated by a team playing narrow, tight defense and hitting them on counter. Inter did it in 2010. Milan did it this year at San Siro in the 0-0 draw and could have been successful if not for a controversial penalty call. Levante almost forced a draw the week before. Real Madrid was slightly more open in the El Clasico last weekend, but the approach was largely the same. And now Chelsea has done it again. It is currently THE tactic to play against Barca. That's not to say it is the perfect counter to Barca's football - on a better day Barca would have won - but it is fairly successful at limiting Barca to very few good chances per game. And let's be real, you just cannot keep Messi quiet for 90 minutes without giving him a chance or two.
Sitting tight in the 16 and hoping for that one goal is a tactic that will lose you the game against Barca 9 out of 10 times. It has worked this week twice simply because Barca is out of form at converting their opportunities. If any, the tactic that has worked best against the tiki-taka style has been a steady forward press that forces Barca to play their passing game away from your 16. Forcing a loss of possession and catching Barca on the break will give a team a better ratio of chances, like AC Milan did away and Real did in the Copa del Rey last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
To say Barca does not need a plan B is probably wrong. Guardiola obviously thought of adding another dimension in attack. That's why they bought Ibrahimovic two seasons ago. It's also notable that the only goal scored against Inter at Camp Nou came from Pique - a big target man. The lack of presence in the box for Barca to go a more direct route was pretty obvious.
A single big target man in a team of players that averages well below 1.80 is going to be fairly easy to defend against. It would only mess up the fluidity of attack. Ibrahimovic did not fail at Barca without reason. It's a mistake Guardiola learned from.

Barca's issues this year have been mainly the injury of Villa, forcing the team to rely more and more on Messi as the goal scorer. Secondly is Guardiola's obsession with fitting in Fabregas as the 3-4-3 formation negatively affects build up play and their passing game. Also Iniesta is not as good as a winger as he is on midfield, reducing the teams natural width. The team has been too narrow at times.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:25   Link #3355
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
To be honest, Barcelona is too obsessed in controlling the ball and trying to get inside the penalty area box. They hardly tried any long shot, they hardly try to quickly switch from one side to the other. No matter if you have 70% posession of the ball if all you do is short passes without suddenly changing the tempo, especially when the opponents are playing with 10 men.

Sure they got unlucky but it's true they didn't really create that many chances as one would think they should have. Barcelona right now is an excessively narcissistic team, rather than trying to adapt their game to the opponent they're so blinded by their own playing style they won't recognize when it's time to switch to different offensive solutions. This is why a lot of teams have "figured out" how to contain them.

On an other note, today Serie A is playing the 33th match day which was suspended two weeks ago for the death of Morosini. If Milan slips up again then Juventus might have a concrete chance to comfortly gain a decisive lead for the first place.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:26   Link #3356
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Great first half, great dramatic penalty shoot out. Cagey and slow in between.

Bayern vs Chelsea final who would have thought that.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:30   Link #3357
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Imagination Land
Age: 30
Bayern Munich vs Chelsea. Going to be very exciting
__________________
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:37   Link #3358
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Ouch, what is this ball hitting my head 15 minutes after the game is over? Oh right, it must have been from Sergio Ramos' kick. But seriously, that poor guy, this is going to haunt his nightmares for nights to come.

Really, the 2nd leg of the semi-finals has been great, and not a single Spanish team in the final contrary to the expected Clasico final. The first half of Bayern v Madrid was really exciting, although the 2nd half and AET is a bit of a bore. Kudos to both goalkeepers really, man of the match for me especially with saving two penalties. Well, Bayern will now have Chelsea in their home for the finals, let the best team win.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:52   Link #3359
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DC
Age: 24
That was a great game, the first half was more exciting than the second half and the extra time

Can't wait for May to come now.
__________________
ranran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 19:09   Link #3360
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
well, this was not what i was expecting. going to be cheering for Bayern. hope Robben pays pack chelski.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
football, soccer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.