AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-14, 06:20   Link #1
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito Ending

Sorry for taking the lyrics down, they're here for anyone that wants them, I'll fix them once I get the single.

http://tsubomikoneko.com/eiennoinoriwosasagete.html

Last edited by Tsubomi Koneko; 2003-12-15 at 00:34.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 11:00   Link #2
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada, eh?
Don't post links to where you can dload MP3's, it's against the rules of this forum.
__________________
You read my posts, you can't un-read them!!!
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 16:27   Link #3
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
Don't post links to where you can dload MP3's, it's against the rules of this forum.
I'll remove the link, although it's just another fansub group anyway. (A lot of the links on the site to fansubbers have mp3s!) Just thought I'd point that out.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 19:47   Link #4
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada, eh?
That may be the case, but it's still against the forum rules to post links like that on here.
__________________
You read my posts, you can't un-read them!!!
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 22:45   Link #5
rayearth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Just buy the CD and get the official lyrics(1200yen is NOT expensive for a CD single that plays 30 minutes, although half of it is drama tracks, but they are GOOD drama tracks), you don't need to try dictating the lyrics out yourself.

Of course, if you don't know Japanese, you won't be able to read the lyrics, but even if you have romaji, what's the point of trying to sing along a song you don't understand? Ah, and for your English problem, the official lyrics does include them, it's "I will go there".
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 23:48   Link #6
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
Just buy the CD and get the official lyrics(1200yen is NOT expensive for a CD single that plays 30 minutes, although half of it is drama tracks, but they are GOOD drama tracks), you don't need to try dictating the lyrics out yourself.

Of course, if you don't know Japanese, you won't be able to read the lyrics, but even if you have romaji, what's the point of trying to sing along a song you don't understand? Ah, and for your English problem, the official lyrics does include them, it's "I will go there".
I will end up buying the cd, but that shouldn't stop me from trying to figure out the lyrics right now if I like a song. That's why sites like Animelyrics.com and such exist, because people like to figure out the lyrics to songs they like. And the point of trying to sing along, because it's fun and the song is pretty and some people like to sing. Ever heard of karaoke, they have karaoke contests at anime conventions and half the people there don't know what they are singing, but they don't care, they like the songs anyway.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 00:02   Link #7
rayearth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubomi Koneko
I will end up buying the cd, but that shouldn't stop me from trying to figure out the lyrics right now if I like a song. That's why sites like Animelyrics.com and such exist, because people like to figure out the lyrics to songs they like. And the point of trying to sing along, because it's fun and the song is pretty and some people like to sing. Ever heard of karaoke, they have karaoke contests at anime conventions and half the people there don't know what they are singing, but they don't care, they like the songs anyway.
Yes, that all makes perfect sense (fansubbers do that all the time since CDs usually aren't released until the series is well underway), but instead of trying to figure out some _probably_ wrong lyrics, why not better spend your time learning the langauge? Then you'd be able to understand what you're singing and if you really can't wait for the CD, it'll help you save LOTS of time when you try to dictate the lyrics. Still, don't get me wrong, even if you know Japanese, you can still make mistakes while dictating out lyrics just like you could while trying to figure out lyrics to English (or whatever your first langauge is) songs.

It's just that I can't stand those (not saying it's you) people who grab romaji lyrics then try to sing them in, umm, "English pronounciation" ~_~
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 00:21   Link #8
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
Yes, that all makes perfect sense (fansubbers do that all the time since CDs usually aren't released until the series is well underway), but instead of trying to figure out some _probably_ wrong lyrics, why not better spend your time learning the langauge? Then you'd be able to understand what you're singing and if you really can't wait for the CD, it'll help you save LOTS of time when you try to dictate the lyrics. Still, don't get me wrong, even if you know Japanese, you can still make mistakes while dictating out lyrics just like you could while trying to figure out lyrics to English (or whatever your first langauge is) songs.

It's just that I can't stand those (not saying it's you) people who grab romaji lyrics then try to sing them in, umm, "English pronounciation" ~_~
I am trying to learn the language, I bet if you were to check the lyrics yourself on the actual single that more than 50% of my romanization would be correct.

People that grab romaji lyrics then try to sing them in english pronounciation? -.-; you don't mean the ones that use hard 'r' s and such do you. I mostly did the rough romanization because I really liked the song and wanted to be able to learn the words. A lot of times it doesn't matter to me if I don't know what the words mean, because the songs are beautiful anyway. Sometimes I can understand a bit of it. But frankly unless I dish out tons of money (which I don't have, at this moment I have to pray some of my things sell on ebay just so I can keep my website running another month... did I mention my website costs $6 per month O.o; ) and take a college class on Japanese... >.< which my stupid town doesn't even offer. (Darn hickville!) I've been doing the best I can over the past few years but *shrugs*. It's come to the point where I can recognize a few actual kanji easily, and basically all the hiragana and katakana, but words... probably like 5%. And singing is a big thing for me, so I'll easily become obsessed with a song, and there is nothing I hate more than not being able to find the lyrics to a song. (It happens so often now!)

I have done lyrics by ear before then sat down with a Japanese dictionary for a few hours to get them as perfect as I could, those lyrics are on my site in fact. I bought the cds the songs were on just so I could get the lyrics since noone had put them up anywhere. (Well that and the full versions of the songs weren't available anywhere.) <.< >.> I'll also tend to buy a cd/single if I don't have a karaoke version of whatever song is on it. -.- very bad habit, very bad obsession. I really like the music for Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito and I LOVE collecting CD singles... so chances are if I don't get to buy it myself my fiance will after I do the whole "Gee I wish I had that... gosh I really want that... aw that would be so cool to have." ploy...

O.o... and I'm still trying to figure out what the english pronounciation thing meant. -.-;;; all that comes to mind is my friends. ~_~ Who after three years still can't seem to learn even Give A Reason from Slayers.

Sorry about taking the lyrics down... the comment you made just kinda shocked me and I took it as a bad thing. They're on my site anyway. And when I finally get the single I'll try to make sure they are fully correct. (And thanks for the info on the end part, it was hard to understand because of the broken Japanese-English)

And, I usually find it easier to listen to a song first, write down what i think I hear, then go through the cd booklet and lyrics if I have them. (Especially when you have those songs that say one thing but have another written. O.o.. I've noticed those types of errors on a lot of lyrics sites which tells me the people never bothered to listen to the song to make sure they got the words right. -.-) That way I know what I'm looking for, or if I get confused on something it's easier to fix. But that's my way of doing it. O.o... that and it's a good way to get a tune stuck in your head.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 00:43   Link #9
rayearth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Ok, no hard feelings, maybe I sounded a bit harsh at first (this always happens for some reason...). I didn't mean writing romaji lyrics is bad thing, just that lyrics are actually one of the few things that only those who care to buy the CDs instead of downloading mp3s (once again, not pointing at you, but the you-know-who-you-are masses) would get for their money. Sure, anyone who ripped CD could easily just scan the lyrics booklet and upload it somewhere, but at least the majority of these downloaders still won't understand it.

Either way, I SERIOUSLY suggest you go take a Japanese course or something, perhaps you can find one in university or college. Most lyrics only use a handful of words and kanji, I'd say it only takes 4 courses max (starting from the introductary course) for you to understand 80% of listening to songs (so long as you stay away from the rap-like ones) while it takes less (maybe 2 or 3) if you got the lyrics written out in front of you (meaning you only need to know Hiragana, Katakana and how to use a kanji dictionary).

Yeah, that's what I mean by "english pronounciation".
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 00:51   Link #10
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
Ok, no hard feelings, maybe I sounded a bit harsh at first (this always happens for some reason...). I didn't mean writing romaji lyrics is bad thing, just that lyrics are actually one of the few things that only those who care to buy the CDs instead of downloading mp3s (once again, not pointing at you, but the you-know-who-you-are masses) would get for their money. Sure, anyone who ripped CD could easily just scan the lyrics booklet and upload it somewhere, but at least the majority of these downloaders still won't understand it.

Either way, I SERIOUSLY suggest you go take a Japanese course or something, perhaps you can find one in university or college. Most lyrics only use a handful of words and kanji, I'd say it only takes 4 courses max (starting from the introductary course) for you to understand 80% of listening to songs (so long as you stay away from the rap-like ones) while it takes less (maybe 2 or 3) if you got the lyrics written out in front of you (meaning you only need to know Hiragana, Katakana and how to use a kanji dictionary).

Yeah, that's what I mean by "english pronounciation".
As I said, I would, but the nearest place I know of is like... over 50 miles. I don't have the money to take a class... and I don't drive. ~.~ XD ME'S AFRAID OF EVERYONE ON THE ROAD. (Seriously. o.o... I'm not a bad driver, it's THEM.)

And hey, you're the person who is giving the Cycling anime person space for their videos aren't you? That or you just have a link to said person's page. O.o... weird either way. Since I went to that page just last night.

I used to have a computer program that teaches some Japanese -.- course it opts to speak in Japanese the whole time it is doing so. (How the heck is THAT supposed to help?) I'll have to see about getting a better program or something... nothing I can do at the moment but continue the way I currently do things.

My theory has always been 'better something than nothing', so I basically operate on that. Like the lyrics on my site, I listened to the words, wrote them down, went through a dictionary to figure out if they were correct and still came up with some missing words, so I just place what I can't figure out in parenthesis and hope someone will help me. (Although if you look, it's not that much I'm missing. http://tsubomikoneko.com/lyrics.html I was originally only working on the lyrics for a certain anime but the Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito music just... well got to me. It's rare for music to do that. -.- I still need to figure out the Panyo Panyo Digi Charat opening theme's full lyrics.) Oh and yeah, I own the Panyo Panyo Digi Charat single, got it off Ebay. <.< That's not bad is it?

Anyway... yeah. I'm not like 50 or something yet, so I figure maybe someday I'll be able to learn the Japanese language more. But slowly is better than not at all for me.

And although a tad-bit unconventional... I'm gonna state how I ended up memorizing all of the katakana and hiragana charts at one point... >.< I was trying to translate a Japanese manga called Akuma na Eros... or at least get romaji for it which made no sense but would have helped as a start for a translation. O.o...oooy page by page by page... good way to get those little characters in your head.

XD oh and... I hate that too, the whole english pronounciation thing. It's not nice but I used to get on my friend's case about it so much when we were trying to sing songs together. ~_~ I don't know why, none of them could ever learn songs but I'd end up learning the words in less than a week. XD i'm scary perhaps. I do not use hard 'r' s! XD THEY ARE THE DEVIL! I know there are other things involved in that, but that was always the one that ticked me off the most. I've been singing Japanese songs for about 5 years now and have never had any complaints. ^.^ I had a Japanese friend who was singing a Sailor Moon song with me once and she never said anything XDDD and then the other Japanese student in my class (god Choir in 9th grade was cool. I miss high school.) ended up complimenting me on my pronounciation after I had gotten done practicing a song for the talent show we were having. I thought it was so cool. Still do obviously like 5 years after OY! >.< Me shut up and go away now.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 03:22   Link #11
rayearth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Well, you never know, people move around a lot :P

Yeah, I lend him space for hosting videos and just recently mp3s. Yeah, I "help" people download mp3s, but at least some will buy the CD afterwards.

It is kinda hard to fish out money to buy CDs when you aren't working AND with free mp3s accessible so easily. I just hope when people get a job they'll think "gosh, now I have an income, maybe I will buy this on CD at least to make myself feel better". It was the same for me when I was still a student (you're a university student right?), but now I'm working, I have the money to buy originals (note not waste) and you don't need to be making a lot to afford these things so long as you only buy the ones you really like.

I had a friend who memorized it by heart in high school too, took him a month or so to memorize everything and it was all good, until he forgot it all 3 months later :P You have to keep using it to make it stay in memory, that's why I always suggest people take a course, since that why, you're FORCED to use it and once it gets "stuck" in your head, you're less likely to forget it.

As far as translation goes, I don't think any "real" translator would prefer Japanese text over romaji. Romaji is more like a "who to read it" type of thing. The big problem with romaji is there are many words in Japanese that are pronounced the same way, but mean completely different things. If you really know your stuff, then yes, you can figure out which word they used, but unless you're Japanese yourself or you're studying it as a degree, you probably won't be good enough to pick out everything.

Don't pick on your friend too much, I know some people who STUDIED it as a course for 3 years and still get it wrong ~_~ Been singing over 8 years myself and still not perfect :P Then again, who is perfect?
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 04:07   Link #12
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
Well, you never know, people move around a lot :P

Yeah, I lend him space for hosting videos and just recently mp3s. Yeah, I "help" people download mp3s, but at least some will buy the CD afterwards.

It is kinda hard to fish out money to buy CDs when you aren't working AND with free mp3s accessible so easily. I just hope when people get a job they'll think "gosh, now I have an income, maybe I will buy this on CD at least to make myself feel better". It was the same for me when I was still a student (you're a university student right?), but now I'm working, I have the money to buy originals (note not waste) and you don't need to be making a lot to afford these things so long as you only buy the ones you really like.

I had a friend who memorized it by heart in high school too, took him a month or so to memorize everything and it was all good, until he forgot it all 3 months later :P You have to keep using it to make it stay in memory, that's why I always suggest people take a course, since that why, you're FORCED to use it and once it gets "stuck" in your head, you're less likely to forget it.

As far as translation goes, I don't think any "real" translator would prefer Japanese text over romaji. Romaji is more like a "who to read it" type of thing. The big problem with romaji is there are many words in Japanese that are pronounced the same way, but mean completely different things. If you really know your stuff, then yes, you can figure out which word they used, but unless you're Japanese yourself or you're studying it as a degree, you probably won't be good enough to pick out everything.

Don't pick on your friend too much, I know some people who STUDIED it as a course for 3 years and still get it wrong ~_~ Been singing over 8 years myself and still not perfect :P Then again, who is perfect?
I buy the cds as I can, since it takes me a while to get money, that or my fiance gets them for me (which sometimes I feel like a moocher cause of it). MP3s are good in a sense because they give me a chance to find things I might like to buy. I hate buying a cd only to find out that I don't like any songs on it... which I've done before... And it sucks big time when you buy a cd, don't like it, can't return it to the place you bought it from, and then the resale value of a used cd isn't much... so basically you're screwed. I'm okay with getting a cd that has one or two songs on it that I know I like, because generally that means some of the other songs will be good. (Hey if it weren't for MP3s I never would have boughten any megumi hayashibara cds, masami okui cds, buck-tick cds and so on and so forth.) I know there are people out there who don't buy the cds and just leech things from the net... and I'm surprised those people don't feel bad about what they're doing. =_= uuuuuuugh and lets not forget the 'out of print' syndrome, like half of the good cds are out of print and thus impossible to find, so then mp3s might be the only choice for songs on those cds that are exclusive only to those specific cds (it does happen! I should know. GRR I want the karaoke version of Go it Alone from Blue Seed so bad but the dang thing is out of print and never on ebay!)... that or bootlegs... which I'm still iffy about since I don't know the whole story on SonMay and Ever Anime. (If it weren't for the short versions of the songs on the Papillon Rose official site I would never have gotten more interested in the anime past the 'oh pretty pictures' stage and I wouldn't have bought their soundtrack, artbook, and made a website which in turn advertises for them and gets more fans for them XDDD Bargh... so somewhat mp3s are good, somewhat they are bad. It all depends on the person's morals.)

And actually, I think romaji is very helpful in translating. Since generally it's hard for people to recognize something right off the bat unless they've seen it most of their life as something it's better to be able to hear or read it in an easier format. I can look at romaji while having the kanji in hand as well then be able to successfully locate whatever word it is in a dictionary and find the translation that way. Instead of searching through a dictionary for hours without any luck at all because you're looking for something that looks like the kanji in front of you.

I'm not a student, I never got to start college because 1. the course I want to take isn't available in a near enough area, 2. my father is a jerk who doesn't want to spend money on my college, and 3. i haven't been able to get a job because the economy sucks where I live.

XD and I wasn't going to translate that manga for anyone else, just for myself, I wanted to know at least half of what was being said in it, that and I was SO bored during that time and it was oddly fun going through the book like that.

But yeah, what you're doing for the cycling anime person is nice, I found it yesterday when I was searching for Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito stuff. O.o... there aren't many images for the anime out on the net... makes me wanna get the music book thingy that's listed on Yesasia, but there's no real explination of the item so I don't even know what it is. (Won't be out for a while anyway.) ^_^; Probably isn't really a book... XDDD

Oh and last note, when it comes to singer... I'm probably what would be called a 'Mimic' if there were like ... names for types of singers O.o... yeah that made no sense. Anyway, it means I mimic what I hear as exact as I possibly can, -.- which also means I probably have no way of singing my own way unless I were to write a song. It's also probably why I learn the songs so fast.

I keep editing this post, bad habit. Anyway, this whole mp3 thing brings up another though... fansubs. What's to say people won't just download a whole series in fansub format and then keep it on their computer and use it when whatever anime becomes licensed? Actually... I know they will... my brother does. -.- Course my brother also stole my PS2, put mods in it, and is saying he's going to buy me a used one to make up for it. (I'm the good child in the family. ^_^) Not saying people should stop doing fansubs, there are people who will use them properly, and people who won't. Like the people selling them on ebay for big bucks when I am pretty sure said people had NOTHING to do with the original fansubbing. (Which PISSES me off!) Some people are bad, some are good.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 04:46   Link #13
rayearth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
The story behind SonMay and EverAnime (and a few more) is they get a copy of the original, make tons of copies and sell :P As simple as that. Before Taiwan joined the World Trade Organisation in early 2001, international licensing laws didn't apply to them, so they can bootleg anything they want and it would still be legal so long as they kept it in their borders. This of course, is not exactly possible as you can see bootlegs being sold online or at your local China Town.

Now, after they joined WTO, these bootleg companies had a 1 year "grace period" before the officials will take action. And as you can see, there's now a lot less new bootleg CDs out there, to be precise, nothing new has come out for a fair while already. Suffice to say, SonMay, EverAnime and the "old bunch" are no more. There were 1 or 2 new "mystery" companies that popped up when SonMay and gang went KO, one was called "smile face records" or something, but I haven't been keeping an eye on the bootleg market lately.

Umm, perhaps for those doesn't know the language, romaji is easier to understand. But for anyone who knows Japanese (including non-Japanese who learnt the language), they'd agree reading Japanese text is easier than romaji. The only exception I could think of is kanji, but that just means they still don't know enough kanji.

Mind sending the link to the artbook? I'll take a look and see if I can find any info about it elsewhere (mostly on Japanese sites which DO tell you what the thing is).

Well, this license/ethics/mp3/fansubs thing is always being discussed/flamed/nuked/etc about everywhere, so let's not have a repeat here - there's never an answer in the end anyway :P Just take it that everyone has as different way of seeing things and accept the fact that no matter what you say, you can't do a thing about what they choose to do in the end - whether it be right or wrong. Then again, who is it to judge what is right and wrong?

It's easier just to ignore it and wait until someone who actually CAN do something about it to take care of it :P Call me irresponsible, but that's how the world works ~_~
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 05:03   Link #14
Tsubomi Koneko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...section-music/

That's the Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito book thing if that's what you meant. I think it's a soundtrack... but then why does it say book? Oh well maybe it's so late I'm just really dumb. O.o... And they have the ending single but not the opening one. I would try to get the opening one from CDJapan if they have it but... they're so pricey on shipping. Maybe Yesasia will get it later on. (Ah wait, they do have the single, it's just listed under the song title/singer not the anime. And I guess that book thing is just a cd. XD It has like a sticker and a card... that's so cool! So do the singles... ^__^ bahhh I knew there was SOMETHING good about the whole real cd size singles. -ya can stick goodies in with them- XD)

(Actually now that I think about it there's a lot of singles I want from Yesasia, grr I wish some Christmas money would show up soon. My grandma usually sends $50 which should be enough for the singles I want. ^___^ Masami Okui finally has a new -solo- single out with THREE karaoke songs on it! That's like the most she has ever had on one single! I like her R.O.R/S stuff but... I don't know. Ah I couldn't find the second song on that single anyway so i'll get the Kaleidostar opening one and that will be enough to qualify me for free shipping with all four singles! -.- now to wait for the money.)

And yeah, the whole fansub/mp3 is kinda alike and very hard to figure out. I figure, if people want to be nice and offer those kinds of things as something to try to get someone interested in an anime/singer then that's good of them. But they have no control over the people who take such things, which is a bad thing sometimes.

Which is something that upsets me about the whole IRA-whatever-the-whoie thinger... they're not going after the little people yet, but what if they did? Simple people who are trying to get others interested in music to encourage them to buy the cds... it's not their fault people are abusing such things. I mean, people record TV shows off the TV with their VCRs, why not sue all the VCR companies?

Bah, the world and it's politics make no sense.

Personally I have mp3s on my site, yes, but they are karaoke songs which can be a lot harder to find than vocal songs. Recently I started hosting some vocal songs on a journal to encourage people to get interested in new artists. I'll probably stop though, depends on how long I can keep up enough money to host the files on streamload. I'll still keep the karaoke songs going though, because like I said, they can be very hard to get. Especially when some singles are out of print. (Ever notice those go out of print faster than other things?) But I keep the usual disclaimer about deleting the songs after a certain amount of time unless the person owns the cd or plans to buy it soon. I even post links to places where they can get legitimate copies of the cds... but I don't know how many people will do that. ~_~ I don't think it's bad to have them for people when you're trying to be helpful, it's the people that like I said before abuse that who are the problem. -.- Yet all the nice people get screwed. Bargh. Course, we live in a world where the Olson twins are still popular somehow... so nothing makes sense.

And the whole Sonmay/Ever Anime thing is interesting, someone recently tried telling me that the companies were paying small royalties to the original producers which is obviously bull. It's also something that makes buying off ebay a little harsh. I've boughten bootlegs by accident before, and it's really bad when they are horrid ones. (I owned the original copy of the Bannou Bunka Nekomusume Houseki Bako CD Set and it had a wonderful layout with one CD on each side of the CD case, a CD booklet, and an extra booklet with the music notes in it. Then recently I sold it but found another 'cheaper' copy and bought it... but when I opened it up I found it to be a single cd case with a tiny divider than swang open to show the other cd and no music note booklet. It was made by Ever Anime. PEEVED me off. Cause the original is so pretty. ;_; It's times like this that I miss my cds....)

^_^ But oy, I think we've taken up enough space with all of this. It was nice discussing though...

Last edited by Tsubomi Koneko; 2003-12-15 at 05:16.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 20:56   Link #15
rayearth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
That is THE Anime soundtrack, they just called it a "sound book" for kicks :P Anyway, the limited edition has a sticker and a character card (there's a set of 3 and you get 1 by random).

Those who take the trouble to go after someone is really doing it to make an example of things. They'd just pick on someone and the media would generate enough buzz about it to scare off people, for a while. So they just need to bust some nobody from time to time and it would keep everyone from going completely overboard. Then again, I wonder how many mindless leechers notice when something like this happens (instead of asking the "what happened to the mp3s" (tm) question)?
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.