AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-27, 18:32   Link #3181
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Only to jump off into gen 3?
Yes, because they have to finish the story somehow.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:40   Link #3182
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Even if AGE is being cut, maybe it will have a chance for better ratings during reruns/syndications a la MSG.

Did that happen to X or any other Gundam series besides MSG?
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:42   Link #3183
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even if AGE is being cut, maybe it will have a chance for better ratings during reruns/syndications a la MSG.

Did that happen to X or any other Gundam series besides MSG?
Do past Gundam shows re-air through syndication?

I've never once thought about this, do they?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:45   Link #3184
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hmm, I don't know. I just assume since it seems to have happened with MSG, it happened to the others as well.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:57   Link #3185
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Hmm, I don't know. I just assume since it seems to have happened with MSG, it happened to the others as well.
That's generally what happens in America at least. It's what brought back Star Trek and Family Guy.

I'd really like to know the answer. Where can one find it though...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:09   Link #3186
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Do past Gundam shows re-air through syndication?

I've never once thought about this, do they?
Yes.

The slots that Gundam Seed HD Remaster is airing on are generally for Gundam reruns. The Gundam 00 reruns just finished right before Seed HD started.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:16   Link #3187
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That's generally what happens in America at least. It's what brought back Star Trek and Family Guy.

I'd really like to know the answer. Where can one find it though...
Has a Gundam rerun ever get a better rating than the original broadcast besides MSG?

I guess I'm asking if there's a chance for AGE to pick up in the ratings.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:21   Link #3188
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Has a Gundam rerun ever get a better rating than the original broadcast besides MSG?

I guess I'm asking if there's a chance for AGE to pick up in the ratings.
If it happened before, no reason it can't happen again.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:24   Link #3189
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
If it happened before, no reason it can't happen again.
Well, I suppose that's true. But if it only happened once with MSG, then the chances are slim to none for AGE. Especially since, I assume, there's so many other things to attract people's attention these days compared to the early 1980s.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:02   Link #3190
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
It can happen again, if Kio's arc finally gets its audience.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:13   Link #3191
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, I suppose that's true. But if it only happened once with MSG, then the chances are slim to none for AGE. Especially since, I assume, there's so many other things to attract people's attention these days compared to the early 1980s.
AGE ratings are hardly to be proud of, so it's definitely possible even if extremely unlikely. Unfortunately, I don't think the first two arcs are good enough content wise to justify higher ratings from the original in a rerun scenario.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:29   Link #3192
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, I suppose that's true. But if it only happened once with MSG, then the chances are slim to none for AGE. Especially since, I assume, there's so many other things to attract people's attention these days compared to the early 1980s.
Not only that, but MSG was revolutionary. People who didn't know about the original TV series watch the movies because they were such a hit, and then tuned into those reruns.

AGE just doesn't have that pull nor mainstream appeal.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:29   Link #3193
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
AGE ratings are hardly to be proud of, so it's definitely possible even if extremely unlikely. Unfortunately, I don't think the first two arcs are good enough content wise to justify higher ratings from the original in a rerun scenario.
Same was thought about Star Trek, but it got back on its feet.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 23:27   Link #3194
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
well i guess it must be said i told you so that pg-gundam age would be "failed experiment".

yet it's yea now cutting it shorter yea reasons why

1.designs of characters & series
2.lack of characters develop for some many yea a lot
3.each gen is short series to watch

etc etc oh boy i knew it was bad idea yet i knew it yea so either now 3rd gen really need to salvage what left or yea say hello to "jump the sharks" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4 gundam version.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 00:13   Link #3195
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cold Winter Place
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Same was thought about Star Trek, but it got back on its feet.
Sometimes it's a problem of initial exposure, that people never initially got and may not liked. The thing about AGE is that unlike MSG (and Star Trek) is that it debut associated with an already famous brand (rather than some new show not associated with any existing), so it doesn't have that problem. Most people who already have wanted to try AGE would have already tried do so because Bandai have already tried their best to market both the show and it's associated merchandise.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 03:24   Link #3196
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Same was thought about Star Trek, but it got back on its feet.
People here are just suggesting the likelihood of AGE being shortened, and here is a lone wolf trying to rebut every one of the suggestions.

Cut short or not, just round off the story well and AGE will retain its own legacy in the Gundam universe, however shit every hater say, because it is really exploring something unique.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 03:46   Link #3197
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
It's impossible to do that, at least the episode count nears 43. I don't really see less than 15 episodes for Kio's arc
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 04:34   Link #3198
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Would the ones (not the kids) who have prejudice or had abandoned Age earlier be interested in any possible reruns (especially on a satellite channel)? Everything then depends on Kio's chapter, even though by itself it may be already too late to raised the overall rating of Age.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 04:37   Link #3199
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Would the ones (not the kids) who have prejudice or had abandoned Age earlier be interested in any possible reruns (especially on a satellite channel)? Everything then depends on Kio's chapter, even though by itself it may be already too late to raised the overall rating of Age.
Would that really matter? It's not like they can't use peer to peer networks or sites like nico to watch streams of the show. I still think they really messed up the timeslot of the show... that and getting Level 5.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 04:42   Link #3200
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Level 5 was responsible for Inazuma Eleven and Danbooru Senki which are popular with kids

Sunrise wanted Gundam to have that audience, so they approached Level 5 for it, but in retrospect, perhaps that is their greatest mistake

Isn't that like Microsoft asking Apple to design an OS for PCs?

You're asking your direct competitor to make something that will take away from your very own market share?

Even if they didn't intentionally sabotage AGE, I'm sure there are people in Level 5 that were making steps to ensure that AGE would never steal away Danbooru Senki's thunder
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.