AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-17, 05:05   Link #81
MontyAI
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
This kind of weird power should be expected in sport animes like this.

Let's just conclude that he's a ninja and it's very normal to have that power.

Because if I can't enjoy some show, I'd rather shut my brain and watch or just simply drop the show.
MontyAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:34   Link #82
Tsukou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Kuroko has no physical abilities what so ever. Lets' take hall scene as an example, how and where did Kuroko disappear to in an empty corridor? Ran for it? Impossible because he is slow.

Ninjas are fast so if it was a ninja in his place, disappearance wouldn't be that random because they can run fast.

I don't know about other easily over looked people but Kuroko is doing it poorly.
There are easily missed people in real life but they don't just disparate in thin air if you keep an eye on them. If Kuroko was fast, I could buy it. Even with having an eye on the person, with fast speed you can get out of watching area at least for a second what is enough for a surprise. Kuroko is slow. A person with no skills can't do what he does.

Let's also look at Area no Kishi series that are not the best either. There were few shots where Kakeru jumped in front of the gates without anyone noticing. However, once the enemy kept an eye on him, he did not disappear. They were able to mark him. And Kakeru had good physical abilities.
While here they can't keep an eyes on slow person.
I don't mind his super passes, those are totally fine by me. But the way his lack of presence was brought into this is weak.
You have to remember that these aren't pro players, they are barely 15/16 years old, freshman/sophomore of high school. While it might not seem too relevant, it's very relevant in sports, because defense is something you gain through experience, and by simply continuing to play. It's not a skill you normally see young players heavily invest in because especially in team games, individual defense is influenced by team defensive schemes.

I mention this because the skill that Kuroko uses is very simple. If you've played basketball, you pay attention to the man you're guarding, and the person who has the ball. If the person you're guarding continues to stand there for a bit, it's normal to loosen up a little, and if you end up looking at where the ball is, it is very easy to lose sight of the person you're guarding, and by the time you look back at the person you're guarding, he's gone. Obviously this ability is being exaggerated a bit because it's an anime, but because they are young, it's a lot easier to get them to loosen up, and take advantage of that.

Obviously on the pro level Kuroko wouldn't be able to keep up, but it's not even college, but high school basketball. I say this only because it's an easy skill to believe. Even in pick up games, if you're good at reading who's guarding you, it's very easy to make them lose track of you. It also helps that I don't appear to be a good player, so some people will sag off me more. Honestly it helps me get rebounds, and get open shots. When playing with friends a lot of them notice that I get good position for a lot of rebounds, even tho I'm not that tall, and it's because I take advantage of these small slips of people's minds.

Someone like Kuroko who obviously honed this ability to the extreme isn't that surprising to me. It's not that he's disappearing, he's just going unnoticed, which allows him to do his thing. I just don't find it so unbelievable of a skill, it's just being able to subtly read people, and act accordingly.


I'm really glad this got picked up. I'll see how much I like Kuroko and Kagami's VAs but so far not too bad. I like the music, especially in action scenes. The animation really takes after the manga, some parts look a little off but overall I think it looks great. Gonna be a good season.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:58   Link #83
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
I accidentally sneak up on people all the time. Whenever I talk to my mother she always jumps because she didn't notice me entering the room. I try not to out of politeness, but sometimes I also leave in the middle of a conversation and the other person keeps talking for a while. Kuroko's ability is an exaggerated version of that.

How would that work in sports? I have no idea. I remember it being my primary tactic in capture-the-flag as a kid though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 15:47   Link #84
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
You have to remember that these aren't pro players, they are barely 15/16 years old, freshman/sophomore of high school. While it might not seem too relevant, it's very relevant in sports, because defense is something you gain through experience, and by simply continuing to play. It's not a skill you normally see young players heavily invest in because especially in team games, individual defense is influenced by team defensive schemes.

I mention this because the skill that Kuroko uses is very simple. If you've played basketball, you pay attention to the man you're guarding, and the person who has the ball. If the person you're guarding continues to stand there for a bit, it's normal to loosen up a little, and if you end up looking at where the ball is, it is very easy to lose sight of the person you're guarding, and by the time you look back at the person you're guarding, he's gone. Obviously this ability is being exaggerated a bit because it's an anime, but because they are young, it's a lot easier to get them to loosen up, and take advantage of that.

Obviously on the pro level Kuroko wouldn't be able to keep up, but it's not even college, but high school basketball. I say this only because it's an easy skill to believe. Even in pick up games, if you're good at reading who's guarding you, it's very easy to make them lose track of you. It also helps that I don't appear to be a good player, so some people will sag off me more. Honestly it helps me get rebounds, and get open shots. When playing with friends a lot of them notice that I get good position for a lot of rebounds, even tho I'm not that tall, and it's because I take advantage of these small slips of people's minds.

Someone like Kuroko who obviously honed this ability to the extreme isn't that surprising to me. It's not that he's disappearing, he's just going unnoticed, which allows him to do his thing. I just don't find it so unbelievable of a skill, it's just being able to subtly read people, and act accordingly.


I'm really glad this got picked up. I'll see how much I like Kuroko and Kagami's VAs but so far not too bad. I like the music, especially in action scenes. The animation really takes after the manga, some parts look a little off but overall I think it looks great. Gonna be a good season.
Ok, I'll trust your word and will wait for high class player to outsmart him.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 17:27   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
There's something to be said for this, and in way it's akin to a striker in soccer who has the ability to disappear for a while. This has the natural effect of having the back four lose sight of him mentally, and he can "mysteriously" appear and cause havoc.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 21:54   Link #86
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
@kitten320
You will know next episode that his ability is not almighty.
And also this is Shounen Jump. But still, you should see how Kikumaru in PoT gained bunshin ability on the court. That was it for me for PoT -> Dropped.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 03:29   Link #87
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
You have to remember that these aren't pro players, they are barely 15/16 years old, freshman/sophomore of high school. While it might not seem too relevant, it's very relevant in sports, because defense is something you gain through experience, and by simply continuing to play. It's not a skill you normally see young players heavily invest in because especially in team games, individual defense is influenced by team defensive schemes.

I mention this because the skill that Kuroko uses is very simple. If you've played basketball, you pay attention to the man you're guarding, and the person who has the ball. If the person you're guarding continues to stand there for a bit, it's normal to loosen up a little, and if you end up looking at where the ball is, it is very easy to lose sight of the person you're guarding, and by the time you look back at the person you're guarding, he's gone. Obviously this ability is being exaggerated a bit because it's an anime, but because they are young, it's a lot easier to get them to loosen up, and take advantage of that.

Obviously on the pro level Kuroko wouldn't be able to keep up, but it's not even college, but high school basketball. I say this only because it's an easy skill to believe. Even in pick up games, if you're good at reading who's guarding you, it's very easy to make them lose track of you. It also helps that I don't appear to be a good player, so some people will sag off me more. Honestly it helps me get rebounds, and get open shots. When playing with friends a lot of them notice that I get good position for a lot of rebounds, even tho I'm not that tall, and it's because I take advantage of these small slips of people's minds.

Someone like Kuroko who obviously honed this ability to the extreme isn't that surprising to me. It's not that he's disappearing, he's just going unnoticed, which allows him to do his thing. I just don't find it so unbelievable of a skill, it's just being able to subtly read people, and act accordingly.
Ditto. I've played Ball all throughout highschool, from repping my school and competing in local comps and even now I still play, although more casually than anything really. What Tsukou says here, I can vouch for and agree with 100%.

Being able to lose your man, making backdoor cuts and in general, getting open and in the right position all involve going under the radar to different extents. Either through smart reads along with sneaky plays or just simply blowing past people with speed and power which is a lot less tactful imo lol.

@ Guardian Enzo: Good players are generally able to locate where the opponents blindspots (or just weaknesses in general really) are and abuse it for all it's worth lol
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:16   Link #88
SRanger
Remember, no moe.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois, California
my two cents

One, the whole Kukoro appearing out of nowhere gag is losing its comedic value fast.

Secondly, as a basketball player, I have to say that move by Kagami used in the scrimmage game and against one of the 5 Miracle players is UTTER TRASH. It's..it's not even a proper spin move! it's like he's dribbling in a circle, it's so bad. I don't know if it was like that in the original manga, or the animators are just incredibly lazy, but man that move sucked.

Anyways, it's a fun series to watch, it'll give me my basketball craving.
__________________
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 13:15   Link #89
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The showdown game was great!
I really enjoyed watching them play.
They were giving they all.
Really nice episode.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:19   Link #90
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
It seems like most people who are watching the anime are really manga readers and have nothing much to discuss .
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 00:48   Link #91
SRanger
Remember, no moe.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It seems like most people who are watching the anime are really manga readers and have nothing much to discuss .
I'm not a manga reader, but I tend to enjoy basketball series, being a fan of the game. I've tried Slam Dunk, but I guess it's just a little too old for me.
__________________
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:22   Link #92
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
I'm not a manga reader, but I tend to enjoy basketball series, being a fan of the game. I've tried Slam Dunk, but I guess it's just a little too old for me.
*shoots at ranger*

Slam Dunk is awesomeness.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 17:43   Link #93
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I would guess Kuroko "disappearing" is plausible especially since he does not handle the ball that often and gets rid of it as soon as he has it. It's natural to cheat and leave your mark if the guy you are guarding isn't in the play that much. Of course, once the other team finds out his tendencies, it would be much easier to guard against if not completely stopped.

But still, it makes you wonder how anyone ever noticed Kuroko for him to get a spot among the famed Generations of Miracles basketball team and why does he play if all he can't do anything but pass.

I did read the beginning chapters of the manga but I didn't find it very interesting so hopefully, the anime can be better.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 11:49   Link #94
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
its seems that poor Kuroko isn't even safe from the fujoshi army, not to mention he shares the SAME name with a certain teleporting yuri character from a certain science vs magic series , poor Kuroko, i salute for his bravery for appearing in doujins .....
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:08   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't see why he'd be safe. He specializes in partnering with other males and sweating together.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 15:13   Link #96
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
I think we need a manga discussion thread...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:56   Link #97
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't see why he'd be safe. He specializes in partnering with other males and sweating together.
His sneak attacks are unrivaled. They make all the fangirls squeal with delight. Er... don't think I should have gone there lol
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 07:34   Link #98
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
i think production I.G. is up to something....
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 15:51   Link #99
Katapan
俺様祭り
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Age: 24
^ You think so?
Spoiler for This week's endcard:

Completely sold on episode 4. I always get this anxious feeling when an episode completely centered on a game is starting because the studio is obviously going to have to churn out more animation than usual... and this has passed the ultimate test of not too much stock footage and montages! Sure, the budget showed just a bit at the beginning of the second half, but hey, this is still a Jump adaptation of a manga that's not a huge smash hit which makes me tolerate it, and it didn't completely kill my excitement. Now it'll be hard not to look forward to the better games later on in the story!

Oh, and boy, was the ending sequence genius...
Spoiler for Episode 4:
__________________
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 22:53   Link #100
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
^ You think so?
Spoiler for This week's endcard:
now i think that what Anh_Minh said was correct, or either the working staff are all females
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.