AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-29, 05:39   Link #761
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Technically it's only piloted by a single pilot. Flit's just in for the ride. I don't remember Allelujah folding his arms and leaning over to talk to Marie in the Harute, hmm?
They have a comm for that purpose. The G-Cepter (and the future wears) having an option of being piloted or remotely controlled do offer more battle scenarios. Kinda relieved that the managed to bring the other pilot on the same cockpit, unlike on the ZZ (when atleast one stays on the twin rifle).
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:54   Link #762
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
ill quote a youtube comment
Quote:
I see what sunrise did there.. Age1= Rx-78-2, Age2= Zeta Gundam, Age3= ZZ Gundam XD
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:49   Link #763
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So it turns out that the Sigmasis Rifle isn't DODS technology at all. It's actually a miniaturized Photon Blaster Cannon.

Also, AGE-3 has the most impressive intro of the three Gundams, which quite frankly is awesome
Haven't watched the episode yet.

Does it actually produce the DODS spiral effect like in the promo pics though? That's sort of important in determining on how much of a DODS effect it does, since that's what DODS basically do (doing a spinning drill to increase penetrative power). If the weapon does produce the same spinning effect, then it's essentially using DODS mechanism integrated to the weapon to a certain extent even if it also integrates the Photon Blaster technology into it.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:53   Link #764
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Haven't watched the episode yet.

Does it actually produce the DODS spiral effect like in the promo pics though?
From the episode, no it doesn't. It really does act like the Diva's Photon Blaster, right down to the sound it makes before firing.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:56   Link #765
kiak666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Haven't watched the episode yet.

Does it actually produce the DODS spiral effect like in the promo pics though? That's sort of important in determining on how much of a DODS effect it does, since that's what DODS basically do (doing a spinning drill to increase penetrative power). If the weapon does produce the same spinning effect, then it's essentially using DODS mechanism integrated to the weapon to a certain extent even if it also integrates the Photon Blaster technology into it.
If I remember correctly, the beam effect doesn't have the drill effect of the DODS. Instead it resembles the Photon Blaster of the Diva (Flit even says that it was based on the Photon Blaster.)
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:58   Link #766
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
In that case, it really is just a miniaturized Photon Blaster afterall. I'm guessing that the Fortress and Orbital weapons would probably act similar. Wonder whether they attempted to hoodwink us like the did with Raphael's Drive.

Also, I'm hearing that they've romanized it as SigMaxiss.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 09:11   Link #767
bio9205
Reborn
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 19
In the subs on Gundam Info it was more like Sigmaxxis.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 09:49   Link #768
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
I really love how Flit decided to stop with trying to improve the DODS technology after the Hyper DODS Rifle and just went to equipping an Anti-Warship Photon Beam to an MS. Only the best for his one Grandkid!

I heard about generous grandfathers but this is ridiculous

I think that's the one area where I think the 3 generation skip really comes through and helps with the Tech aspect of the series. It's pretty logical that miniaturizing a Warship class beam canon is going to take a hell of a long time in trying to construct, plan and ensure it's safe for usage and doable, so the 50 years gap it had taken seems pretty sound. It does make me wonder what that will make of the Diva though, since while I assume it's Photon Beam Canon is going to be more powerful than the AGE-3, it's still must be pretty outdated and the AGE-3 has more tactical use for the Canon now.

I do feel a bit sad that we have to say good bye to the DODS tech tho
Spoiler for Also, has to be said:
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:00   Link #769
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I wondering about the Sigmaxxis effectiveness on one of those vegan assault ships, after overmatching the Defurse and Danajin (whose armor was shown capable of reentry).

The old DODS tech is still being used on the Adeles that complement the Clanche units. Maybe it has been upgraded to the Hyper DODS standard; still effective on the Dorados and Gafrans in the battlefield.

How many battlestars the Diva earned by now?
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:10   Link #770
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
The Diva is probably the most decorated battleship in the Federation by now, with 60+ years of service in some of the most crucial battles against the Vagans. Hmm, I suppose that might shed a bit of light on what they want to do with Natoli's character? (Asem Mk.II storyline?)

I checked, and it looks like your right. They are still using the DODS tech on the older mecha, which makes sense, though even if they upgraded them to Hyper DODS, the Adeles just continue to suck

Something I had been thinking about the AGE-2 Pirate wear, what if that was Madorna Jr. custom wear? I mean Asem had assumed Wolf's place by now, and I think he might have been in touch with Madorna's workshop like Wolf had been (for the simulator and what not) so after his apparent death, he decided to go to him and have him rebuild (or build, if the AGE-2 was captured and converted to the Vagan one we see in the opening) and Madorna Jr. decided to make a more illegal looking.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:34   Link #771
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't know what the hell this thing is....

Spoiler for spoiler:


But it looks intense.
AGE-0 as Ezelcant Personal MS CONFIRMED
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:49   Link #772
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
That Crossbone Ripoff.
Spoiler for Crossbone Gundam Gif:


I have a instinct that F-91 look alike has a head gun from ZZ
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:54   Link #773
casval cehack
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
The Diva is probably the most decorated battleship in the Federation by now, with 60+ years of service in some of the most crucial battles against the Vagans. Hmm, I suppose that might shed a bit of light on what they want to do with Natoli's character? (Asem Mk.II storyline?)

I checked, and it looks like your right. They are still using the DODS tech on the older mecha, which makes sense, though even if they upgraded them to Hyper DODS, the Adeles just continue to suck

Something I had been thinking about the AGE-2 Pirate wear, what if that was Madorna Jr. custom wear? I mean Asem had assumed Wolf's place by now, and I think he might have been in touch with Madorna's workshop like Wolf had been (for the simulator and what not) so after his apparent death, he decided to go to him and have him rebuild (or build, if the AGE-2 was captured and converted to the Vagan one we see in the opening) and Madorna Jr. decided to make a more illegal looking.
To think that the Diva is much much older than Natoli. Such fine ship has probably been rehabilitated and modernized again. I remember they added a new ventral catapult (rarely used) for Age-2 during the 2nd chapter. Maybe submersible capability (based on the current AU trend) or a HYPER photon cannon?

Madorna Jr. must have been exhilarated when asked to make a pirate themed custom MS, if that was the case.

Speaking of simulators, the old MS head sized Age simulator has been miniaturized to a console sized (judging by Flit's gift box) and living room friendly hardware by Kio's time. Flit picked the best floor speakers and custom chair too.
__________________
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 11:09   Link #774
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
To think that the Diva is much much older than Natoli. Such fine ship has probably been rehabilitated and modernized again. I remember they added a new ventral catapult (rarely used) for Age-2 during the 2nd chapter. Maybe submersible capability (based on the current AU trend) or a HYPER photon cannon?

Madorna Jr. must have been exhilarated when asked to make a pirate themed custom MS, if that was the case.

Speaking of simulators, the old MS head sized Age simulator has been miniaturized to a console sized (judging by Flit's gift box) and living room friendly hardware by Kio's time. Flit picked the best floor speakers and custom chair too.
But that Gift box is as hueg as a Xbox... but still now all have logic so far. So Kio is Usso Ewin 2.0.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 14:38   Link #775
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
AGE-0 as Ezelcant Personal MS CONFIRMED
Indeed it looks like a gundam except the eye's are different.

Not sure about the Age system but I don't think it will mater that much. Kind of disappointed in the lack use of the age system, the only thing the Age system is being used are new weapon packs.

EditL

NVm the eyes of the Vagan gundam is exactly the same, except they can close and open it for some weird reason.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:20   Link #776
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
AGE-0 as Ezelcant Personal MS CONFIRMED
Shit...they don't leave much to surprises us with do they?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:03   Link #777
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Looks like a new Vagan MS has escaped our sights, but not anymore.

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:49   Link #778
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
Battle simulator w/ surround speaker
Spoiler for PS 4:

Grand pa I want some high definition 360 degree monitor.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-04-29 at 19:01.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:40   Link #779
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
How do we even know that's the AGE-0 much less Ezelcant's personal unit?

I'd say his wife has more chances of being the pilot than he does, or hell even that moe chick shown with Zeheart could be the pilot.

Either way Flit is in for some mind rape when that thing shows up.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:51   Link #780
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Battle simulator w/ surround speaker
Spoiler for PS 4:

Grand pa I want some high definition 360 degree monitor.
And he basically got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
How do we even know that's the AGE-0 much less Ezelcant's personal unit?

I'd say his wife has more chances of being the pilot than he does, or hell even that moe chick shown with Zeheart could be the pilot.

Either way Flit is in for some mind rape when that thing shows up.
We have confirmed neither to my knowledge. I don't see anyone calling it the AGE-0 but one person.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.