AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 29
10: Amazing... 14 25.00%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 22 39.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 17.86%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 10.71%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 1.79%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 3 5.36%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-30, 13:42   Link #121
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now I'm not saying that Kio shouldn't have piloted the Gundam I'm just saying that the Flint introduced him to piloting seems a bit under handed if you want to think about that way...
Then according to your definition and logic the majority of us here are or were child soldiers due to games like DOOM, Call of Duty, Counter-strike, Gundam games, etc.

Quote:
What about it? As far as I'm concerned, the Vagans could've defeated the Federation back during Flit's arc.
I was being sarcastic there but yes they could've easily have done it back then.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 13:55   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Now I'm not saying that Kio shouldn't have piloted the Gundam I'm just saying that the Flint introduced him to piloting seems a bit under handed if you want to think about that way...

All Flint seems to have learned from raising his son is that he waited too long in bringing him into his personal goals.
It's the reverse. He told Asemu from a young age he was going to be his weapon, but left him to his own devices for the mecha piloting. He did it the other way around for Kio: first the fun stuff (mecha piloting) + teaching him to love his life and the people around him. And then, when Vagan arrive "BTW, you want to protect everyone, don't you? You'll need to kill the Vagans for that. Here's a Gundam, don't mention it, have fun."


What bothers me most about Age-3 is the docking. It seems a rather pointless risk.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:36   Link #123
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's the reverse. He told Asemu from a young age he was going to be his weapon, but left him to his own devices for the mecha piloting. He did it the other way around for Kio: first the fun stuff (mecha piloting) + teaching him to love his life and the people around him. And then, when Vagan arrive "BTW, you want to protect everyone, don't you? You'll need to kill the Vagans for that. Here's a Gundam, don't mention it, have fun."


What bothers me most about Age-3 is the docking. It seems a rather pointless risk.
Every single core fighter system seems pointless till they come up with a reason for it uses.

And Flit doesn't really have to tell his family the importance of fighting, the moment you see random destruction the desire to fight/protect will be more then enough.

Flit did make sure his offspring don't get killed the moment that time happens.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 15:37   Link #124
Rising Dragon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Just gonna bring this back up to the front...

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
The tactical advantage of the new G Ware system is that now both the Core Fighter and the G-Cepter are fighting capable when operated independently, and when a new Ware is deployed to the battle field it is also independently capable, whereas before the Wares are dumb parts when not on the Gundam.

At least that's what the model says. It's pretty much just a spin on the ZZ Gundam docking system, at least Flit was smart enough to make the cockpits dock as well and not like in ZZ where top fighter's cockpit sits at the butt of the beam rifle(!).
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 16:41   Link #125
U<3Anime
Boo!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Whoa, the aggrieved and noble vegans do know how to conduct an invasion on the evil EFF world.

Hurray for "moe" vegan?
Yuurin of the arc?
__________________
omg Ku-chan!
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:53   Link #126
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What bothers me most about Age-3 is the docking. It seems a rather pointless risk.
It's no more pointless and risky than how AGE-1/2 change their Wares on the battlefield before, in fact it's an actual proper evolution of that. Whereas before the Wares are non-fighting capable and requires a transportation rack the G-Cepter is now fighting capable by itself, and you will see the same thing when the new Ware (Fortress and Orbital) comes out. AGE actually did better than most of the previous Gundams here in explaining the evolution of the docking system when they had already laid the foundation of battlefield Ware changing/docking in the previous generation and joining it up to how it becomes as it is now in AGE-3.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:21   Link #127
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's no more pointless and risky than how AGE-1/2 change their Wares on the battlefield before, in fact it's an actual proper evolution of that. Whereas before the Wares are non-fighting capable and requires a transportation rack the G-Cepter is now fighting capable by itself, and you will see the same thing when the new Ware (Fortress and Orbital) comes out. AGE actually did better than most of the previous Gundams here in explaining the evolution of the docking system when they had already laid the foundation of battlefield Ware changing/docking in the previous generation and joining it up to how it becomes as it is now in AGE-3.
I just don't buy that as being a useful reason to take such a risk. A stupid idea of throwing out ware parts instead of having them installed on the Diva (which was done for Titus) isn't smart regardless of whether the parts can now semi-defend themselves. They are still far weaker than a Gundam and now it's even easier to destroy a Gundam since all you need to do is shoot down the core fighter. At least when AGE-2 got it's double bullet ware it wasn't in any more danger of being shot down itself, the danger was to the parts which could be remade.

There wasn't any point to rolling up there with an incomplete Gundam other than show off a new system that isn't particularly necessary. Make the Gundam one thing and switch equipment on the ship when needed. See it more as a devolution since you are making the main unit weaker and easier to shoot down.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:31   Link #128
Ruby Princess
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't understand what people mean when they say that Flit's a grandfather... ^^;
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:41   Link #129
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I just don't buy that as being a useful reason to take such a risk. A stupid idea of throwing out ware parts instead of having them installed on the Diva (which was done for Titus) isn't smart regardless of whether the parts can now semi-defend themselves.
But it has been done in the show (AGE-1 into Spallow when it was first made etc), and they've written many circumstances where it was/had to be done on the battlefield. So Ware changing on the battlefield in AGE is a common thing, so it's natural to think of ways where it can be done better.

Quote:
They are still far weaker than a Gundam
How did you came to this conclusion?
Also you are thinking about it backwards, the point of the G Cepter (and the others to come late) is that they are stronger than the Wares!

Quote:
and now it's even easier to destroy a Gundam since all you need to do is shoot down the core fighter.
When AGE-1 purged all its arms and legs it is more vulnerable than the core fighter. At least the core fighter is more maneuverable and has better speed. This is the same for AGE-2.

Quote:
At least when AGE-2 got it's double bullet ware it wasn't in any more danger of being shot down itself, the danger was to the parts which could be remade.
Not true, as when AGE-2 change to Double Bullet it also has to change the leg parts which is where the main thrusters are (Double Bullet had upgrade thrusters in the legs compared to AGE-2 Normal to compensate for the extra weight). When AGE-2 loose its legs its speed and maneuverability is drastically reduced, thus the body part become a big giant target.

Quote:
There wasn't any point to rolling up there with an incomplete Gundam other than show off a new system that isn't particularly necessary.
This is true. But that's just artistic license at work. However you can argue this way Flit was better able to hide the Gundam from the Vagans too preciously because it wasn't a "complete" Gundam, which we knew the Vagans did try to look for at the beginning of Asemu's arc.

Quote:
Make the Gundam one thing and switch equipment on the ship when needed. See it more as a devolution since you are making the main unit weaker and easier to shoot down.
Again no, the main unit of AGE-1/2 is the body/head. However these parts has NO weapons and less maneuverability than a proper jet fighter, hence the proper evolution is to make the core part's survivability better thus the AGE-3 head and backpack thruster unit became the Core Fighter. And again switching on the battlefield is something they've done a lot in the previous generation so it is rational to make some sort of plan for it.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-04-30 at 19:14.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:02   Link #130
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I see Age-1, Age-2 and Age-3 as homages to Gundam ZZ Team Gundam of Gundam Mark II, Zeta Gundam and ZZ Gundam.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:08   Link #131
SagaraSouske
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I see Age 3 homage for V Gundam as well.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic63006_2.gif
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:22   Link #132
Sinzz
Orange
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pasadena
Anyone notice the AGE-1 barn scene being reused with a Dorado?
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:29   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

How did you came to this conclusion?
Also you are thinking about it backwards, the point of the G Cepter (and the others to come late) is that they are stronger than the Wares!
But weaker than the Gundam as a whole. (Otherwise, what's the point of having a Gundam?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's no more pointless and risky than how AGE-1/2 change their Wares on the battlefield before, in fact it's an actual proper evolution of that. Whereas before the Wares are non-fighting capable and requires a transportation rack the G-Cepter is now fighting capable by itself, and you will see the same thing when the new Ware (Fortress and Orbital) comes out. AGE actually did better than most of the previous Gundams here in explaining the evolution of the docking system when they had already laid the foundation of battlefield Ware changing/docking in the previous generation and joining it up to how it becomes as it is now in AGE-3.
But those were all desperation measures, made possible by the gimmick of the Age system cooking up an upgrade mid-battle.

I wouldn't mind the Core Fighter being used as an ejector seat. But transporting and launching a disassembled Gundam? What's the point?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:34   Link #134
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Man I just love the opening sequence...

Obari is so good, its unbelievable (the one who made the OP, legendary mecha animator) the chara and mecha drawing is so much better than the show itself ever shown.

Bandai should just gave new gundam show to people like him, not to random guy like hino.. but its mean the show will filled with well-endowed chick and jiggling boobs than ever before

But hey Bandai, u want to attract new market, aren't you?
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:34   Link #135
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But weaker than the Gundam as a whole. (Otherwise, what's the point of having a Gundam?)
Again you are looking at it wrong - the G-Cepter right now is STRONGER than the Wares that used to just launch on a dumb transporter. It may be weaker than a Gundam but it is far stronger and more capable than parts on a flying rack.

Quote:
But those were all desperation measures, made possible by the gimmick of the Age system cooking up an upgrade mid-battle.
Desperation measures which happened too often as to warrant an actual plan to account for it when it happens again.

Not unlike what happened in this episode either.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the Core Fighter being used as an ejector seat. But transporting and launching a disassembled Gundam? What's the point?
For this episode:
Flit was able to hide an infamous Gundam-type MS which the enemies actively hunts for. Score one.
Wares which are self-transportable (under atmospheric conditions no less) without either the assistant of a base ship as well as not requiring a specialised transporter with the added bonus of being offensive capable. Score two.

And nobody said the machines can't dock within the carrier ie Diva. But now as an extra bonus it becomes safer for it to dock on the battlefield too because the Wares are now battle capable on itself, and the main part of the unit (Core Fighter) is infinitely more maneuverable than a head and body missing limbs and carrying dead weight (AGE-1/2). AND now that the stage is set on Earth too, where things like flight and maneuverability actually matters, A LOT.

You aren't thinking hard enough, there're plenty of points. Is it the best solution? No, not by far. But compared with what they used to have before (docking dumb parts on the battlefield with what is essentially a flying cloth rack, MULTIPLE TIMES, and requiring friendlies to support while doing it), this makes plenty of sense.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-04-30 at 20:50.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:18   Link #136
Rising Dragon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Remember that the AGE System is constantly, actively learning. If it has to keep using machines to transport parts onto the battlefield, it's going to come up with a way to make it safer to do so. As for the machine itself, the Gundam AGE-3 looks to be far more sturdier with its combination than the ZZ Gundam was--that thing, I'm told, was a structural wreck with how complicated it had to be.
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:54   Link #137
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
wew just watched the episode it was really great. especially the OP when I saw the main title card with age 1,2&3. Clanches for me were really animated greatly as well of course the hero MS, the age 3 who kicked ass the vegans. Kio has the best debut out of the 3 because when flit and asemu first rode the cockpit of their gundams there was a "clumsy" feeling while watching it. While Kio looks really ready on his first sortie. And based on the OP(on how he and zeheart clashed on the OP end)and how his fights ended I think Kio's piloting style will focus more on range, in contrast with his father who's a dual wielding melee type and his grandpa who's more of a all around but mostly with one beam saber or beam rifle only. that's just my idea of this episode. Anyway, can't wait for the pirate gundam and age1 (if it's still in service) to show up.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ic114483_2.gif

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:27   Link #138
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
wew just watched the episode it was really great. especially the OP when I saw the main title card with age 1,2&3. Clanches for me were really animated greatly as well of course the hero MS, the age 3 who kicked ass the vegans. Kio has the best debut out of the 3 because when flit and asemu first rode the cockpit of their gundams there was a "clumsy" feeling while watching it. While Kio looks really ready on his first sortie. And based on the OP(on how he and zeheart clashed on the OP end)and how his fights ended I think Kio's piloting style will focus more on range, in contrast with his father who's a dual wielding melee type and his grandpa who's more of a all around but mostly with one beam saber or beam rifle only. that's just my idea of this episode. Anyway, can't wait for the pirate gundam and age1 (if it's still in service) to show up.
Kio had all the training to do better in his debut than his dad and granddad, thanks to Flit. Add being an X-Rounder to the MS combat-related abilities he had at its disposal and Kio is at a higher starting level than his predecessors.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:55   Link #139
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Desperation measures which happened too often as to warrant an actual plan to account for it when it happens again.

Not unlike what happened in this episode either.
But this isn't the episode to show that as an example. There was no reason to have the Gundam disassembled in the first place. The situation was made more hectic and dangerous because they had to launch both parts into the sky and have them dock there. If Flit just pulled up with a ready Gundam then it would have been fine. Flit trying to be cool isn't a desperate situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Remember that the AGE System is constantly, actively learning. If it has to keep using machines to transport parts onto the battlefield, it's going to come up with a way to make it safer to do so. As for the machine itself, the Gundam AGE-3 looks to be far more sturdier with its combination than the ZZ Gundam was--that thing, I'm told, was a structural wreck with how complicated it had to be.
The problem is I think the AGE system has a screw loose. There is nothing wrong with making the ware parts able to defend themselves as they move in for docking. The bad idea is making the core of the Gundam some fighter that can be shot down. Keeping AGE-3 as one Gundam and simply having the ware parts be more advanced in terms of self-defence should be easier than doing this.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 01:53   Link #140
Rising Dragon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The Core Fighter making the AGE System vulnerable is no different than that period of time when the Normal wear parts are ejected to switch to another wear.

Or, really, no more different from the danger of losing the AGE System any time the Gundam sorties on a mission, really. That said, you're all talking like the Core Fighter is made of paper. It's going to be made with the same armor as the rest of the combined machine. It's not like its the GN-Armor from 00 and how it's entirely dependent on a specific part to use it. If anything it's more protected separated than it is connected--same armor, smaller target profile, ultimately faster. Harder to hit.
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.