AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2012-04-30, 21:12   Link #1581
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It would look much better if it loses the skull IMO.
Old 2012-04-30, 22:06   Link #1582
Sinzz
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Just saw the scan online. It looks dramatically different to AGE-2.

We'll have to wait and see. It could be a Madorna Workshop retrofit, rebuild, or replica built around the AGE-2 "chassis."

Sort of looks like the G-Xiphos crossed with the AGE-2.

Spoiler for G-Xiphos from Manga:

Look at the robot above. Now look at the pirate Gundam in the following page.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...rk-mobile.html
Nope, looks exactly like the AGE-2 Normal, missing the "wings" and instead have a hook on the right shoulder and a gun? on the left shoulder, color change again into a purple/black/red color scheme, with AGE system and sensors missing and a Skull replacing the AGE head sensor. I don't see traces of G-Xiphos at all other than a black pirate theme and even then the AGE-2 is more purple than black.
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:30   Link #1583
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
Nope, looks exactly like the AGE-2 Normal, missing the "wings" and instead have a hook on the right shoulder and a gun? on the left shoulder, color change again into a purple/black/red color scheme, with AGE system and sensors missing and a Skull replacing the AGE head sensor. I don't see traces of G-Xiphos at all other than a black pirate theme and even then the AGE-2 is more purple than black.
Head and the hooks are from Xiphos. The shape of the head on that Gundam is closer to that of the Xiphos. Xiphos has a hook instead of a hand on one arm... signature feature.

It sort of looks like the AGE-2 and Xiphos fused together.

It could be one of these...
- a new Gundam by Madorna Workshop based on AGE-2 and the G-Xiphos.
or
- AGE-2 rebuilt and upgraded by Madorna Workshop

Flit already did the upgraded AGE-1 thing. It's not like the AGE-2 couldn't be reversed engineered to create a new Gundam if it landed in the hands of pirates.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:41   Link #1584
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Have we even gotten a viable full-body lineart image yet? I've seen that one cropped picture but that's kind of useless for analysis.
Old 2012-05-01, 00:05   Link #1585
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Crackpot theory,

The Vegan princess will be the pilot of the Vegan gundam type in psycho frame, and the Vegan gundam can be transformed into a giant MA
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:56   Link #1586
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Depends, but that farsia is the default MS for her atm
Old 2012-05-01, 01:58   Link #1587
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
More details of the new pirate MS
- Black in color
- AGE-1 and AGE-2 in between design
- Skull on forehead
- One eyed (the other eye covered with eye pad)
- Equipped with short lance
- Shoulder with hook
Crossbone X2 much?

So will there be Crossbone X2 vs ZZ?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 02:47   Link #1588
Sinzz
Orange

Quote:
Head and the hooks are from Xiphos. The shape of the head on that Gundam is closer to that of the Xiphos. Xiphos has a hook instead of a hand on one arm... signature feature.

It sort of looks like the AGE-2 and Xiphos fused together.

It could be one of these...
- a new Gundam by Madorna Workshop based on AGE-2 and the G-Xiphos.
or
- AGE-2 rebuilt and upgraded by Madorna Workshop

Flit already did the upgraded AGE-1 thing. It's not like the AGE-2 couldn't be reversed engineered to create a new Gundam if it landed in the hands of pirates.

Please take a closer look. The body of the "pirate" AGE-2 has the same body structure as AGE-2 Normal, its just missing the "wings" attached on the shoulder armor as well as the AGE system and head sensor.

The head, while reshaped, still retains the AGE-2 face and fins. the only difference is the reshape to have more of a "pirate hat" shape.

As you can see the design, while Visidian inspired, is still AGE-2 and has no Xiphos/G-bouncer parts on it. On top of that, the HOOK, is part of the SHOULDER attachment, as you can see in the picture. it is still holding what looks like the same Hyper DODs Rifle in its right hand.

But from the opening scene, might also be carrying some sort of sword similar in shape to that of 00's Buster sword.
Old 2012-05-01, 02:55   Link #1589
DRAGUN H.E.X.
Machine Robo EVOLVED

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Crossbone X2 much?

So will there be Crossbone X2 vs ZZ?
well in the steel seven sidestories, the Crossbone X1 used by Tobia (not the X2 since it got destroyed in battle) did worked together with the ZZ (in disguise & wearing a mask) trying to defeat a certain Jupiter Empire remants's experimental MS, probaly a homage fanservice of what if the Crossbone & the ZZ really did actually face off against each other
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 03:59   Link #1590
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Please take a closer look. The body of the "pirate" AGE-2 has the same body structure as AGE-2 Normal, its just missing the "wings" attached on the shoulder armor as well as the AGE system and head sensor.
I have to say great job on making the comparisons while having to use the blurry pirate Gundam image. Have to say there's certainly enough there to have me believing it's the AGE-2 just having a few changes made and of course colors.

Curious though about some of the changes like the hook put on the shoulder part. Thought AGE-2 was more than dangerous enough with Double Bullet thrown onto the unit. Guess we'd have to see it in action though.
Old 2012-05-01, 07:14   Link #1591
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
well in the steel seven sidestories, the Crossbone X1 used by Tobia (not the X2 since it got destroyed in battle) did worked together with the ZZ (in disguise & wearing a mask) trying to defeat a certain Jupiter Empire remants's experimental MS, probaly a homage fanservice of what if the Crossbone & the ZZ really did actually face off against each other
This. I'm really looking forward to this ZZ (Age-3) meeting the X1(Age-2 Pirate) homage scene in this chapter.
Old 2012-05-01, 10:37   Link #1592
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:

The head, while reshaped, still retains the AGE-2 face and fins. the only difference is the reshape to have more of a "pirate hat" shape.

As you can see the design, while Visidian inspired, is still AGE-2 and has no Xiphos/G-bouncer parts on it. On top of that, the HOOK, is part of the SHOULDER attachment, as you can see in the picture. it is still holding what looks like the same Hyper DODs Rifle in its right hand.

But from the opening scene, might also be carrying some sort of sword similar in shape to that of 00's Buster sword.

Fins are one of a Gundam's signature features. AGE-1, AGE-2, and AGE-3 all have fins and are all 3 different robots. The G family are supposed to be based on Gundams in the series, anyway.

The head shape and the hook are signature features of the G-Xiphos as you can see above. The pirate hat shape of the head... look at it closely. The hook... probably a part that the AGE-2 didn't come with.

It could be a new Gundam based on a reverse engineered AGE-2 and G-Xiphos or an AGE-2 retrofitted with new parts developed from the G-Xiphos. Anyhow, it's not the unmodified AGE-2 design... something was obviously done to it.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:12   Link #1593
Vena
Carpe Diem

Can someone explain why I am supposed to see the Madorna's as inferior to the Asuno's in terms of tech/engineering? The only outstanding feature of the Asuno's is the AGE device which does all the work for them, the Asuno family doesn't actually design anything, they just have a magic computer parsing combat data. On the other hand, we know the Madorna's can and do work with all sorts of technology and can work with completely novel tech on the fly: Desil's MS and the Gundam, old tech from before the treaty, simulation software for X-Rounder combat, etc. They have been shown to have many talents, whereas the Asuno's, as far as the show has shown, have two talents: fight, and have a magic pocket digi-egg for new parts.

That said, I do like that the second generation of the Asuno and Madorna lines overlapped so nicely and had such a strong bond form. Asuno, not an X-Rounder but a gamebreaker super pilot, and Rody, not the master craftsman of like his father but a master programmer and tinkerer to blend old and new tech. I'd greatly enjoy for them to be the third force in this war because they have an outsiders view, Asemu is far from Flit's lunacy and as this episode established far from his son's eagerness too, and the power to actually make it matter.

So...

Black Sheep Asemu + Black Sheep Rody = Unstoppable? Fund it.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:21   Link #1594
Sinzz
Orange

Quote:
Fins are one of a Gundam's signature features. AGE-1, AGE-2, and AGE-3 all have fins and are all 3 different robots. The G family are supposed to be based on Gundams in the series, anyway.

The head shape and the hook are signature features of the G-Xiphos as you can see above. The pirate hat shape of the head... look at it closely. The hook... probably a part that the AGE-2 didn't come with.

It could be a new Gundam based on a reverse engineered AGE-2 and G-Xiphos or an AGE-2 retrofitted with new parts developed from the G-Xiphos. Anyhow, it's not the unmodified AGE-2 design... something was obviously done to it.
I'm sorry mechalord, I really don't think you are providing a valid enough explaination as to how the two are similar, besides stating that the Visidian AGE-2 looks pirate themed, therefore is based off of the G-Xiphos. It's like saying that the Clanche and the Genoace I are the same because they share similar head design and both carry DODs technology.

I do not doubt that they are both Pirate themed. Hell, Asemu met with Wivik in the manga Memories of Sid, and his AGE-2 was probably modified to go with Visidian standards, but thats as far as the visuals go. Oh, and the flag in the background of the silhouette of AGE-2 IS the Visidian Insignia.

The G-Xiphos is the G-bouncer with slight visible cosmetic alterations. Color changed to a black/grey scheme, an insignia on its chest, skirt armor, shoulder armor, added "armor" to back of the head, and left hand replaced with a DODs rifle/hook. Other than that, it is the exact same unit design wise. You could even call it G-bouncer Wivik Custom.

AGE-2 Visidian on the other hand, looks nothing like the G-bouncer, hence looking nothing like the G-Xiphos. They may share the same Pirate theme, probably due to Asemu working closely with the Visidian therefore adopting their technology. but it is still the AGE-2 with a modified Visidian wear.

pictures showing that the Flag behind AGE-2 is indeed the Visidian Emblem.

They both utilize the same Jolly Roger emblem. Wrenches and a cracked skull over a pentagon shape.

Last edited by Sinzz; 2012-05-01 at 16:35. Reason: Picture takes up too much space
Old 2012-05-02, 01:57   Link #1595
bio9205
Reborn

Stuff from a manga that made it into the show? Sweet.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:20   Link #1596
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Can someone explain why I am supposed to see the Madorna's as inferior to the Asuno's in terms of tech/engineering? The only outstanding feature of the Asuno's is the AGE device which does all the work for them, the Asuno family doesn't actually design anything, they just have a magic computer parsing combat data. On the other hand, we know the Madorna's can and do work with all sorts of technology and can work with completely novel tech on the fly: Desil's MS and the Gundam, old tech from before the treaty, simulation software for X-Rounder combat, etc. They have been shown to have many talents, whereas the Asuno's, as far as the show has shown, have two talents: fight, and have a magic pocket digi-egg for new parts.
While it's not really played upon all that much, the Asuno family did design the Gundam AGE-1 in the first place, AGE System and all, and Madorna did ask Flit for his opinions and expertise when meeting him, so Flit's obviously got some construction skills. As for Madorna I wouldn't say that everything he's done is truly spectacular--all he did with the G-Exes was make stronger beam sabers and slap some big boosters on a Shaldoll and gave it a Gundam face, and the G-Bouncer was directly based off the Gundam AGE-1 Sparrow. That said, I don't think he's bad nor do I think he's supposed to be inferior to the Asunos.
Old 2012-05-02, 23:43   Link #1597
Nvis
Senior

I'm disappointed in the Pirate AGE-2.

Double Bullet can kick its ass.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 23:58   Link #1598
Vena
Carpe Diem

I think they truly did write off Asemu with this Pirate sideline because his powers, or lack thereof, make him a complete gamebreaker in-story against the Vegan forces. Their greatest weapon, the Musel and X-Rounder, are useless against him, and if the story had kept him around he'd have overshadowed both Flit and Kio. Without Asemu, both old and new can take center stage again and Kio can run off his X-Rounder powers when fighting his father's still young X-Rounder adversary.

His reintroduction will likely be rather important as he's not been playing dead to his family for shits and giggles. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the second generation is indeed the strongest in terms of the pilot as Asemu's arc set out to frame our unfortunate, lonely lost in space dad. He wasn't super for nothing.

He's going to be an old man, though... unless he's been sleeping?
Old 2012-05-03, 00:39   Link #1599
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
While it's not really played upon all that much, the Asuno family did design the Gundam AGE-1 in the first place, AGE System and all, and Madorna did ask Flit for his opinions and expertise when meeting him, so Flit's obviously got some construction skills. As for Madorna I wouldn't say that everything he's done is truly spectacular--all he did with the G-Exes was make stronger beam sabers and slap some big boosters on a Shaldoll and gave it a Gundam face, and the G-Bouncer was directly based off the Gundam AGE-1 Sparrow. That said, I don't think he's bad nor do I think he's supposed to be inferior to the Asunos.
Not to mention he based the G-Exes's design/data on the AGE-1 Normal as well, including the Beam Rifle. Still, being a Workshop type familiy does mean that the Madorna's historically do more on hands work compared to the Asunos, who are MS Smiths and work on inherited data for best military MS performance. I won't be surprised if they spent generations working on the AGE System and their old data, seeing how MS Smith work through inherited knowledge and technology to create the most optimal military grade MS after the Silver Chalice Treaty.
Old 2012-05-03, 00:40   Link #1600
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I think they truly did write off Asemu with this Pirate sideline because his powers, or lack thereof, make him a complete gamebreaker in-story against the Vegan forces. Their greatest weapon, the Musel and X-Rounder, are useless against him, and if the story had kept him around he'd have overshadowed both Flit and Kio. Without Asemu, both old and new can take center stage again and Kio can run off his X-Rounder powers when fighting his father's still young X-Rounder adversary.

His reintroduction will likely be rather important as he's not been playing dead to his family for shits and giggles. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the second generation is indeed the strongest in terms of the pilot as Asemu's arc set out to frame our unfortunate, lonely lost in space dad. He wasn't super for nothing.

He's going to be an old man, though... unless he's been sleeping?
41 is not really that old. It will be considered a veteran age for pilots.