AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-30, 21:25   Link #1081
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nasuverse
He's a crazy fat kid. Talking to yourself in a public bathroom? Randomly screaming inside the stall? I'd be freaked out if I were in the same bathroom as him.

And what the hell is this "sudden fangirl syndrome?" We have the most popular, beautiful, and talented lady falling for Mr. Fatty here. IMPOSSIBURU!!! This kinda reminds me of SAO when Asuna... well she had this syndrome too but good thing it was explained. I hope Accel explains this as well.
__________________
joshuafaramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:43   Link #1082
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That implies she had been actively waging war against them. There was nothing to suggest that it was more than just a meeting for a non-aggression pact. It was still a stab in the back by someone. Someone that was a comrade at the very least

Didn't betray anyone? Yeah right....At the very least the spirit of that meeting was betrayed
They were not comrades, they had the titles of kings simply because they were the only level 9s around. Granted, attacking in the meeting wasn't pretty and a bit underhanded but there was nothing like a breaking of trust between two friends like what happened between Taku and Haru.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:55   Link #1083
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
They were not comrades, they had the titles of kings simply because they were the only level 9s around. Granted, attacking in the meeting wasn't pretty and a bit underhanded but there was nothing like a breaking of trust between two friends like what happened between Taku and Haru.
No, not like the latter example maybe but even between someone whom you've had peaceable relations until now, that's still counted as betrayal of a sort. Anyway I meant comrade not in the close sense but rather in the sense of "party member" for game terms or "peer" in more normal terms

Aggression was coming solely from Kuroyukihime but from most of the other Kings there wasn't that
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 21:57   Link #1084
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
He's a crazy fat kid. Talking to yourself in a public bathroom? Randomly screaming inside the stall? I'd be freaked out if I were in the same bathroom as him.

And what the hell is this "sudden fangirl syndrome?" We have the most popular, beautiful, and talented lady falling for Mr. Fatty here. IMPOSSIBURU!!! This kinda reminds me of SAO when Asuna... well she had this syndrome too but good thing it was explained. I hope Accel explains this as well.
Huh? First of all, Crazy fat kid?!? I guess you was never bullied or you was like by everybody when you was younger, for Haru, this is a new experience, because most girls would talk about him alot and it wasn't good. So when you have the most popular girl in school liking you or being jealous about you then you have to freak out because its a new experience.

And for this "sudden fangirl syndrome" I think the old saying goes "You can't judge a book by its cover" That is how you can say about Haru.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:02   Link #1085
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No, not like the latter example maybe but even between someone whom you've had peaceable relations until now, that's still counted as betrayal of a sort. Anyway I meant comrade not in the close sense but rather in the sense of "party member" for game terms or "peer" in more normal terms

Aggression was coming solely from Kuroyukihime but from most of the other Kings there wasn't that
Oh yes, aggression came solely from Kuroyukihime and her attack was kind of underhanded, that is for sure. But I don't know about peaceful relations...true they may have made a truce for the meeting but other than that, they could have battled plenty of times before reaching level 9 (the instant death and uninstall penalty is only between level 9s).
But yes, she was a bit of a bitch...then again the rest of the kings were just being cowardly little bitches :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Huh? First of all, Crazy fat kid?!? I guess you was never bullied or you was like by everybody when you was younger, for Haru, this is a new experience, because most girls would talk about him alot and it wasn't good. So when you have the most popular girl in school liking you or being jealous about you then you have to freak out because its a new experience.

And for this "sudden fangirl syndrome" I think the old saying goes "You can't judge a book by its cover" That is how you can say about Haru.
Come on, don't feed the troll. You should know better than that.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:24   Link #1086
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh yes, aggression came solely from Kuroyukihime and her attack was kind of underhanded, that is for sure. But I don't know about peaceful relations...true they may have made a truce for the meeting but other than that, they could have battled plenty of times before reaching level 9 (the instant death and uninstall penalty is only between level 9s).
But yes, she was a bit of a bitch...then again the rest of the kings were just being cowardly little bitches :|
Don't be so hasty on that....a few are but the others very likely have their own reasons.

Anyway the fact that all the characters are flawed drives the story after all. So it's not really a minus on Kuroyukihime's or anyone else's side.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:21   Link #1087
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
shall i dare to post the non-hentai but still nsfw BL fanarts of Haru here? i want you guys to share the pain that i suffered from trying to find good pics of the girls, no i don't save those disgusting images in my folder or the links, don't worry i got a plenty of brain/eye bleaches for you guys to share with, under the courtesy of Kurosaki Ichigo that is
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:23   Link #1088
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
He's a crazy fat kid. Talking to yourself in a public bathroom? Randomly screaming inside the stall? I'd be freaked out if I were in the same bathroom as him.

And what the hell is this "sudden fangirl syndrome?" We have the most popular, beautiful, and talented lady falling for Mr. Fatty here. IMPOSSIBURU!!! This kinda reminds me of SAO when Asuna... well she had this syndrome too but good thing it was explained. I hope Accel explains this as well.
Not explained? didn't KYH specifically explain why she likes Haru because Haru can't believe it at all.

And
Spoiler for You mention a character as SAO :


unlike Haru which is the very sign in the real world of a round small stinking ball that always been the target of bullying, low self esteem and yep always crying. Please don't compare SAO and AW.

He might be crazy when he starts talking in that little space of his which where he can probably be free and no worries of others eves dropping or disturbing him which is very needed in his mentality. A space where you can be you. I find that normal though instead of a toilet stall I will probably just go to a pc stall in an internet shop and rant in the forum or 4chan about how darn cruel RL is rant mode off


Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
shall i dare to post the non-hentai but still nsfw BL fanarts of Haru here? i want you guys to share the pain that i suffered from trying to find good pics of the girls, no i don't save those disgusting images in my folder or the links, don't worry i got a plenty of brain/eye bleaches for you guys to share with, under the courtesy of Kurosaki Ichigo that is
No BL please! I'm begging you!!!!!

Though I won't mind some eye washing pictures of the other characters sign of evil grin

BUT NO BL!!!
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 04:31   Link #1089
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Kuroyukihime did exactly what any...say WoW player would do in PvP...she saw a chance to get a kill against an opposing player and went for it. She didn't betray anyone, she stated from the beginning that she was against the truce being made. They weren't even friends. The purpose of the game is to beat other players and reach level 10 and she was the only level 9 that stayed true to that objective.
I'm not saying she was wrong. Though there's a difference between "not agreeing to an everlasting truce" and "not agreeing to a truce for the length of a meeting to discuss a longer truce" - we don't know which it was, and I suspect it was only the former, not the latter.

What I'm saying is that she played by the "anything goes" rules. No reason she shouldn't lose by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Kuroyukihime was not friends with Red King for many years. Killing him was part of the game. However, Taku and Haru are supposed to be the closest of friends, and for many years to boot. I'm not going to play a game against a close friend which would make him potentially lose property (as an example money, although this is even more valuable than money) in order to get to another person he is protecting. That could potentially ruin a friendship.
OK, so why doesn't Haru back off? Why should Taku be the one to make a sacrifice?

They both have their reasons for doing things, and they both decide to fight it out. That's all it is.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:30   Link #1090
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not saying she was wrong. Though there's a difference between "not agreeing to an everlasting truce" and "not agreeing to a truce for the length of a meeting to discuss a longer truce" - we don't know which it was, and I suspect it was only the former, not the latter.

What I'm saying is that she played by the "anything goes" rules. No reason she shouldn't lose by them.


OK, so why doesn't Haru back off? Why should Taku be the one to make a sacrifice?

They both have their reasons for doing things, and they both decide to fight it out. That's all it is.
Not disagreeing with you, in fact yes, they both have their own purposes and fought for it fair enough.


But Haru backing off....you think any decent person would not fight to protect a near death comatose person from a literal direct intrusion into the brain? (Because at the core that's what Burst Link is; a direct brain-network interface game)

After all, does not the thought of suddenly raising the heart rate of or placing a patient at death's door sound damn bloody wrong? Since she could you know...die?
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:31   Link #1091
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
From what I see, Taku and KYH are both 'playing to win'. Accel World merely shows what happens when a game can affect the real world... yeah, it can be that extreme (assuming Taku staged the car accident) or opportunistic (if Taku merely acted on the news that KYH was injured).

And for the record, Taku's target has always been KYH, long before Haru was even a Burst Linker. Remember, the reason why KYH made Haru a Burst Linker was because she knows she was being shadowed and needed some help, which implies Taku has been tracking Black Lotus even before the series started.

So instead of looking at the situation that Taku is 'betraying' Haru in order to get to KYH, it's more like Haru is getting in the way of Taku beating KYH.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 07:14   Link #1092
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
OK, so why doesn't Haru back off? Why should Taku be the one to make a sacrifice?
Because Taku is the one attacking and Haru only just figured it out and was pretty much just trying to protect the girl he loves.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:34   Link #1093
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Apparently, Haru knows nothing about "Bro Before Hoes" code. It is sad.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:46   Link #1094
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So instead of looking at the situation that Taku is 'betraying' Haru in order to get to KYH, it's more like Haru is getting in the way of Taku beating KYH.
But KYH is badly injured now and in comatose. I can't picture her being able to fight cyan pile. If its a normal fight. Taku still got the upper hand because black lotus hiding from the world. If KYH retaliates. He can release the information about KYH.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:49   Link #1095
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
This is absurd. Let us rewind a bit and look at the situation. A person is comatose in a hospital fighting for life. An opportunistic player seeks to take advantage of said person's inability to fight back and basically beat on said person like a lifeless piņata.

Regardless of said person's age, gender or what have you... this crosses the line of basic decency. If the person could fight back, no matter how disadvantaged, I could give it to you that it is somewhat "fair", but this person is incapacitated.

Any decent human being would attempt to defend such a person.

That Taku would even do this shows how far he has fallen. We can sympathise with his desperation, but not his current actions. He doesn't even have revenge as a valid motivation. If say, the former Red King was the assaulter, I could grant you some leeway in that he has some "validation" in smacking KYHime up, but Taku's current action cannot, and should not be defended.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:54   Link #1096
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
This is absurd. Let us rewind a bit and look at the situation. A person is comatose in a hospital fighting for life. An opportunistic player seeks to take advantage of said person's inability to fight back and basically beat on said person like a lifeless piņata.

Regardless of said person's age, gender or what have you... this crosses the line of basic decency. If the person could fight back, no matter how disadvantaged, I could give it to you that it is somewhat "fair", but this person is incapacitated.

Any decent human being would attempt to defend such a person.

That Taku would even do this shows how far he has fallen. We can sympathise with his desperation, but not his current actions. He doesn't even have revenge as a valid motivation. If say, the former Red King was the assaulter, I could grant you some leeway in that he has some "validation" in smacking KYHime up, but Taku's current action cannot, and should not be defended.

Cheers.
Yup. Basically Taku is a drug addict. Acceleration is like a drug and he's running low on cash to buy it so he'll do anything to get more without thinking of the consequences.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:30   Link #1097
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But KYH is badly injured now and in comatose. I can't picture her being able to fight cyan pile. If its a normal fight. Taku still got the upper hand because black lotus hiding from the world. If KYH retaliates. He can release the information about KYH.
My point was that Taku isn't betraying Haru in the slightest, as he has been hunting down KYH before Haru was even a Burst Linker. If anything, it's Haru who's doing the 'breaking up the friendship' act.

But who can blame Haru protecting KYH? No one really. But people are quick to say that its Taku who's being the treacherous one? I don't know about that... he's 'underhanded' for sure (then again KYH is as bit 'underhanded', if not more, judging by her past actions as one of the Kings), but far from the one breaking up the friendship, as he only really cares about beating KYH.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:36   Link #1098
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
My point was that Taku isn't betraying Haru in the slightest, as he has been hunting down KYH before Haru was even a Burst Linker. If anything, it's Haru who's doing the 'breaking up the friendship' act.

But who can blame Haru protecting KYH? No one really. But people are quick to say that its Taku who's being the treacherous one? I don't know about that... he's 'underhanded' for sure (then again KYH is as bit 'underhanded', if not more, judging by her past actions as one of the Kings), but far from the one breaking up the friendship, as he only really cares about beating KYH.
Attacking KYH is not a trust-breaking friendship ending move by Taku to Haru in the least, he's playing the game...that's it. It's unforgivable and pretty damn low that he's attacking a comatose patient but he's not doing such a thing to "backastab" Haru or any friend.
What he DID do that is considered treacherous was instal the back door into Chiyu and use her to hunt down KYH (and god knows what else).
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:46   Link #1099
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Taku may not be actively trying to backstab Haru but the fact of the matter is that backstabbing Haru is an indirect consequence he knows will happen and he's doing it anyway. Betrayal doesn't have to follow a chronological order.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:53   Link #1100
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Taku may not be actively trying to backstab Haru but the fact of the matter is that backstabbing Haru is an indirect consequence he knows will happen and he's doing it anyway. Betrayal doesn't have to follow a chronological order.
Mind you, Taku doesn't know Haru is a Burst Linker...yet so it is not his intention to backstab Haru (yes, I do agree that it is backstabbing on the long run, but not intentional...yet)
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.