AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 29
10: Amazing... 14 25.00%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 22 39.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 17.86%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 10.71%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 1.79%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 3 5.36%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-02, 16:12   Link #161
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Asuno family's greatest skill seems to be finding hot future wife among childhood friends.. damn.. if life were really that simple. Love affairs might be the worst written parts of whole AGE. I don't deny though it's almost on the book of Gundam branding to protagonist have a girl among childhood friends either as a whiny dead weight or bride to be.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:39   Link #162
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Romary's actually a high school sweetheart, not a childhood friend.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:41   Link #163
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
whatever
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:59   Link #164
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Romary's actually a high school sweetheart, not a childhood friend.
Count as the same... but that is the general idea, those thing were detail because AGE was to be a videogame in the vein of Phantasy Star III or Fire Emblem 4... or for the Otakus... Record of Argadlest War, the feeling is there, but again that is the difference of the narrative of the medium..
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:35   Link #165
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
You have to wonder though. After several years of cold sleep how would Zeheart react to the knowledge his best friend turned rival enemy and former love interest had a son.

Zeheart can't make the same you are not an X-Rounder argument as Kio is leagues stronger than he is as an X-Rounder. Course Asemu already proved him wrong in that department being a Super Pilot. LOL

What Zeheart was afraid about Asemu was that he would talk him out of being another brainwashed Vegan.

Flit failed with Decil, Asemu failed with Zeheart so third time is a charm with Kio?

As shown by the last two eps of the Age-2 arc there is more to those Mu-Zell helmets than enhancing non X-Rounders, X-Rounders and controlling other units. Ezelcant may very well control soldiers through it by hypnotic suggestion.

It would be Kio that breaks his control of the Vegan people.
ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:39   Link #166
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I don't think he'd be terribly bothered by the idea of Asem and Romary hooking up. Zeheart never really showed much romantic or sexual interest in Romary.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:11   Link #167
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Funny, I found Flit's eyes familiar this episode. Rewatching the first episode by chance, I found out they're the same as Hendrick Bruzar's, Nora's commander and Flit's guardian.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:33   Link #168
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You have to wonder though. After several years of cold sleep how would Zeheart react to the knowledge his best friend turned rival enemy and former love interest had a son.

Zeheart can't make the same you are not an X-Rounder argument as Kio is leagues stronger than he is as an X-Rounder. Course Asemu already proved him wrong in that department being a Super Pilot. LOL

What Zeheart was afraid about Asemu was that he would talk him out of being another brainwashed Vegan.

Flit failed with Decil, Asemu failed with Zeheart so third time is a charm with Kio?

As shown by the last two eps of the Age-2 arc there is more to those Mu-Zell helmets than enhancing non X-Rounders, X-Rounders and controlling other units. Ezelcant may very well control soldiers through it by hypnotic suggestion.

It would be Kio that breaks his control of the Vegan people.
We don't know the extent of Kio's X-Rounder powers to be making such a bold statement. So far Zeheart's the strongest X-Rounder in the show, above even Flit who's a top-class X-Rounder himself. I mean, the guy needs a special mask to keep him from destroying his own mobile suit...
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 02:54   Link #169
Yesman
PMS Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I hope Asem doesn't get a Kira-complex, yelling "stop fighting" while attacking everyone on sight.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 03:44   Link #170
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
^ Are you expecting Asem to fly in to save Diva from a Vagan MS by shooting at its beam rifle claw (?) just as the MS is taking aim at the bridge and then tell everyone to stop?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 04:05   Link #171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm looking forward to Zeheart's reaction to a few things. After all it's easy to rationally think you are going to sleep for all those years, but seeing the passage of time as it relates to people you know can't be easy to shrug off. Though I'd think Asemu being MIA would be more shocking than Asemu and Romary having a kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ Are you expecting Asem to fly in to save Diva from a Vagan MS by shooting at its beam rifle claw (?) just as the MS is taking aim at the bridge and then tell everyone to stop?
I'm sure it's more of the flying into the middle of a battle and beating the crap out of both sides.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:54   Link #172
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The more I think about it, the more I feel that Romary's well aware of what Flit was doing with that training simulator and her son. Kio knew about the Gundam AGE-3's creation. Romary would've known too. Kio had the AGE Device, and Romary would've known he had it, and would've known what it's for. There's no way she couldn't have discussed the matter with her father-in-law. She had to know that one day her son may have to fight in the Gundam like her husband.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:42   Link #173
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The Ghiraga feels like AGE's answer to the Sazabi only crossed with a Gelgoog in order to pack the maximum amount of Char Custom MS design into a mobile suit. Slick design though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:29   Link #174
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
I hope we don't have to wait long to see the Vagan Gundam. I'm itching to see what it's like and whether it's something they've built recently as an answer to the AGE series or if it's old technology.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 23:51   Link #175
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Oh wait. There's another possibility. Asemu appears in the 'vagan gundam' with a mask, and his last line to Kio would be "I am your father."
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 01:15   Link #176
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
"Also, you kissed your sister. Just throwing that out there."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:48   Link #177
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
I just had a crazy theory what if Kio is going to be the one to take out Zeheart just like Asemu was the one that ended up killing Decil?

This would to set up the purple haired Vagan girl's distaste for Kio.

It just screams circle of revenge.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:47   Link #178
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Oh wait. There's another possibility. Asemu appears in the 'vagan gundam' with a mask, and his last line to Kio would be "I am your father."
Not, that will be Lord Ezelcant to the whole Asunos(Only to Flit, the other make the conclusion).

And yes... the Family Feud between Asunos & Galletes must continue(maybe the Goth Loli become our Haman for the Movie)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 05:22   Link #179
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I just had a crazy theory what if Kio is going to be the one to take out Zeheart just like Asemu was the one that ended up killing Decil?

This would to set up the purple haired Vagan girl's distaste for Kio.

It just screams circle of revenge.
Which could mean that Zeheart is going to get out of this alive. All the killing and revenge has to be stopped somewhere. Do think for any effective peace they need Zeheart alive. He's about the only Vagan we know that hasn't gotten himself killed yet .
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:49   Link #180
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Which could mean that Zeheart is going to get out of this alive. All the killing and revenge has to be stopped somewhere. Do think for any effective peace they need Zeheart alive. He's about the only Vagan we know that hasn't gotten himself killed yet .
Yea but even he himself has admitted that he is nothing but a soldier and will not stop until the Vagan have achieved their eden. What use is a soldier during peace time? This is the last leg of the series after all so need to have one more big sacrifice before it's all over which maybe either Flint, Zeheart, or the Vagan Leader (forgot his name) and once the old generation is gone the new generation can begin a new age of peace.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.