AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-20, 23:04   Link #601
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
No, it's not 12 volumes. It's an OVA bundled with the manga just like Kore wa Zombie or Another. We don't say those titles have 6/7 volumes because an OVA was packaged with the manga. They won't be totaled with the other volumes for an average amount, so it's not worth it to say it's a "12th volume." (Kadokawa listing)
Sure if you say so~ I'm just echoing the sentiments of people in the sales thread.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:02   Link #602
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
From MAL's Blu-Ray sales thread(April 23-29)
Blu-ray
*1, 50,160 50,160 Nisemonogatari vol.1 Limited Edition
*2, 18,747 18,747 Persona 4 The Animation vol.6 Limited Edition
*3, *7,570 *7,570 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai vol.4
*4, *7,063 *7,063 Working'!! vol.7 Limited Edition
*5, *6,844 *6,844 Highschool DxD vol.2
*6, *6,674 *6,674 Aquarion Evol vol.1
*7, *5,824 *5,824 Ano Natsu de Matteru vol.2 Limited Edition
*8, *5,608 *5,608 Inu x Boku SS vol.2 Limited Edition
*9, *5,602 *5,602 The iDOLM@STER vol.7 Limited Edition
10, *5,538 *5,538 Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA
11, *5,489 *5,489 Guilty Crown vol.4 Limited Edition
12, *4,847 *4,847 Natsume Yuujinchou Shi vol.3 Limited Edition
13, *3,979 *3,979 Mawaru Penguindrum vol.7 Limited Edition
14, *3,675 *3,675 Tamayura: Hitotose vol.5
15, *3,662 19,650 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon vol.5 Limited Edition
16, *3,542 *3,542 Senki Zesshou Symphogear vol.2 Limited Edition

DVD
*1, 12,918 *,*12,918 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 5 - Blood Prison Limited Edition
*2, *9,207 *,**9,207 Gintama' vol.10
*3, *7,352 *,**7,352 Nisemonogatari vol.1 Limited Edition
*4, *6,220 *,**6,220 Persona 4 The Animation vol.6 Limited Edition
*5, *5,735 *,**5,735 Inu x Boku SS vol.2 Limited Edition


57k for Nise is impressive certainly. 11k for InuBoku volume 2(a slight drop from sales of Volume 1) is also a very good sign of how its doing. The nearly 50/50 split in BD and DVD is very interesting.

Nice to see AnoNatsu still selling well.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:05   Link #603
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Unless I am understanding things wrong has the 4th season of Natsume's sales fell (unless it's DVD sales are strong combined with the BR sales)

I am getting worried there won't be a 5th season (not helped by the fact the director said there are no plans at the present time )
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 08:28   Link #604
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Unless I am understanding things wrong has the 4th season of Natsume's sales fell (unless it's DVD sales are strong combined with the BR sales)

I am getting worried there won't be a 5th season (not helped by the fact the director said there are no plans at the present time )
4 seasons is quite a lot as it is...Shouldn't you be grateful you got that many considering how many titles only get one?
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 09:57   Link #605
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
4 seasons is quite a lot as it is...Shouldn't you be grateful you got that many considering how many titles only get one?
Well maybe I would have liked to see the full series animated since they got this far, & I prefer the anime over the manga.

Also they were not animating the series out of the goodness of their heart, it was always a good seller with I expect low production costs.

But really everyone wants to see their favorites animated to the end (and there are plenty of series I love that only got 1 season) so I don't think I need to be lectured about being grateful because as a fan I god forbid want more.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:42   Link #606
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Unless I am understanding things wrong has the 4th season of Natsume's sales fell (unless it's DVD sales are strong combined with the BR sales)

I am getting worried there won't be a 5th season (not helped by the fact the director said there are no plans at the present time )
I cut off the DVD chart at Inu X Boku since I mainly wanted to comment on that and Nise, but Natsume was 6 on that DVD chart at 3,554.

So Natsume 4th Season Vol 3 was:
BD 4,847
DVD 3,554
Combined: 8,401
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:37   Link #607
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
I cut off the DVD chart at Inu X Boku since I mainly wanted to comment on that and Nise, but Natsume was 6 on that DVD chart at 3,554.

So Natsume 4th Season Vol 3 was:
BD 4,847
DVD 3,554
Combined: 8,401
Thanks, so based on that I think the sales did fall a bit. From what I can recall combined sales for the series in the past were closer to 10,000.

Well I already decided to start collecting the manga to get the full story just in case.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:50   Link #608
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
That is a drop, but it's still plenty enough to be profitable. Plus NY does lots of merch sales as well.

I don't think it's being greedy for fans to want to see the entire manga animated, since we've come this far. I suspect Brain's Base is waiting for the manga to finish, then will announce a 5th and final season. The reason sales dipped a bit is probably because this was by far the shortest gap between seasons.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 03:03   Link #609
HosannaExcelsis
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That is a drop, but it's still plenty enough to be profitable. Plus NY does lots of merch sales as well.

I don't think it's being greedy for fans to want to see the entire manga animated, since we've come this far. I suspect Brain's Base is waiting for the manga to finish, then will announce a 5th and final season. The reason sales dipped a bit is probably because this was by far the shortest gap between seasons.
Not so; the first two seasons followed the same split-cour format, the first airing in summer 2008 and the second in winter 2009. Personally I've felt that these past two seasons have been a drop in both story quality (the multi-episode arcs aren't as effective as the single-episode stories) and production quality. Perhaps other people feel the same way and have decided to stop following the series.
HosannaExcelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 03:23   Link #610
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
11k for InuBoku volume 2(a slight drop from sales of Volume 1) is also a very good sign of how its doing. The nearly 50/50 split in BD and DVD is very interesting.
I'm glad InuBoku is still going strong. I love that series and I hope we'll see a second season some day.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 05:09   Link #611
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HosannaExcelsis View Post
Not so; the first two seasons followed the same split-cour format, the first airing in summer 2008 and the second in winter 2009. Personally I've felt that these past two seasons have been a drop in both story quality (the multi-episode arcs aren't as effective as the single-episode stories) and production quality. Perhaps other people feel the same way and have decided to stop following the series.
Whether there is a dip in quality is all subjective. I felt there were weak and strong episodes in every season, but season 4 had the strongest ending which happened to be a multi-part story. But anyways I don't think we can determine a drop of sales based on our personal opinions.

Edit: Actually it was the same time difference between season 1 & 2 & season 3 & 4. Although I don't believe season 2 was announced during season 1's run. There was of course a much larger gap between seasons 2 & 3.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 05:20   Link #612
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm glad InuBoku is still going strong. I love that series and I hope we'll see a second season some day.
With those sales as well as the big increase in manga sales (it was like a mini Ao no Exorcist) it's a matter of when not if you'll see a second season.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:55   Link #613
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Indeed, it was that lack of mid-season announcement in S1 that threw me I guess.

Nevertheless, there's no objective measure of fan reaction that indicates S4 was any less well-received than S1 or S2, so I see no reason to leap to the assumption that sales dropped (and not by all that much, really) based on one opinion. Whatever the reason, sales are still more than good enough to justify a continuation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:07   Link #614
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Ratings for season one of Natsume Yuujinchou:

Natsume Yujinchou | *2.3% | *2.3% | *1.3% | *2.0% | *1.4% | *2.3% | *1.9% | *2.2% | *1.5% | *2.3% | *1.8% | *1.7% | *2.6% || *1.97% | *1.66%

Ratings for Shi were running between 1.1 and 1.3.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:17   Link #615
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
What about S2 and S3?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:19   Link #616
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
InuXBoku SS really has fans from both sides of the fanbase. Fujoshis love what they see; same for the lolicons.
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:23   Link #617
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What about S2 and S3?
I didn't see summaries like I did for S1 and S4. You're welcome to browse the ratings thread yourself, though!
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:27   Link #618
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Ratings for season one of Natsume Yuujinchou:

Natsume Yujinchou | *2.3% | *2.3% | *1.3% | *2.0% | *1.4% | *2.3% | *1.9% | *2.2% | *1.5% | *2.3% | *1.8% | *1.7% | *2.6% || *1.97% | *1.66%

Ratings for Shi were running between 1.1 and 1.3.
I think the DVD/BR sales were more important than the ratings. A lot of anime doesn't get the best ratings but sells well which was the case with Natsume.

I think 8000+ sales is still good for a series like Natsume but it is a drop & when the director himself says there are no plans for more it worries me. But maybe as Guardian Enzo says once the manga is finished we will see more. I am still going to collect the manga to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the ratings overview though. The first series did pretty well. It is a shame it didn't keep up with those ratings.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:52   Link #619
edujude
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
wow, this thread is really something. is it possible to expand the list to the earlier decades by adding VHS/LD sales reports of other, older series?
edujude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:37   Link #620
eggplant
Eggplant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by edujude View Post
wow, this thread is really something. is it possible to expand the list to the earlier decades by adding VHS/LD sales reports of other, older series?
The problem with VHS/LD/VHD sales for older titles is the lack of individual data.
Oricon tabulated VHS sales from Feb 1984 to May 2005, LD sales from Feb 1984 to Jan 2001, and VHD sales from Feb 1984 to Nov 1989.

The problem is, they only announced actual sales figures on an annual basis (top 30 anime for VHS and top 100 comprehensive titles for LD) between 1985 and 1998, thus making it impossible to track titles which didn't make it into the yearly charts.

Weekly sales data did not appear until Aug 1998, whereas with the advent of DVD, sales figures of the LD and VHS charts were phased out in Jan 2000 and Mar 2002 respectively.

I could delve into the database archives and compile and post in the data sticky, but it will take time, and the results would only be a representative find of the myriad titles which were released during that period.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
news, sales, statistics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.