AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 20:37   Link #8601
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Hopefully it will tell us what happened to the Jokers, because holding them against there will? Not possible, since Kumagawa can make wall's vanish at will.

Nienami is going to lose, why does the "how" matter?
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:39   Link #8602
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Hopefully it will tell us what happened to the Jokers, because holding them against there will? Not possible, since Kumagawa can make wall's vanish at will.

From my experience with this manga, the "how" does count for future references and knowledge on how a skill works and can work in certain situations.
Besides, with such an overall introduction to DS, of course some of us are dying to know how much is there behind it and what can it actually do.
Old 2012-05-02, 20:42   Link #8603
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
From my experience with this manga, the "how" does count for future references and knowledge on how a skill works and can work in certain situations.
Besides, with such an overall introduction to DS, of course some of us are dying to know how much is there behind it and what can it actually do.
From the description, it sounds like it just blocks the regular clichés a Main Character tends to encounter, so it probably doesn't really do anything, except pretend to stop clichés.
Old 2012-05-02, 20:44   Link #8604
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
From the description, it sounds like it just blocks the regular clichés a Main Character tends to encounter, so it probably doesn't really do anything, except pretend to stop clichés.
Yeah, so far that's all we know. And until proven otherwise, I will still believe there is something more on that skill than just stopping the typical clichés of a MC.
Well see with the next chapter how wrong was I (or not).
Old 2012-05-02, 20:44   Link #8605
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
I think it is likely that Zenkichi can control it since if he could not control DS he would not have meet Nienami since what Ajimu said about DS is that you would not bump into a girl around the corner or You will never come across your rival in a pinch which technically both happened
No, even if DS is a permanent status effect, it's not impossible for Zenkichi to have met her. First of all, she'd already been established as a suitor in the previous chapter, so her appearance wouldn't have been an out of nowhere LOL PLOT TWEEEST. Secondly, given the fact that the suitors have somehow caused the ALL JOKERS to disappear to nowhere, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to expect people to show up looking for them at the last place they had been, aka the aircraft carrier, and put someone there to kill potential rescuers.

Also, what's with people thinking that DS turns off luck? That doesn't make sense at all. DS just negates what I like to call LOLPLOT. Personally, I think that DS would fare better as a permanent, non-turnoffable skill. I mean, it'd be too much of an asspull. You'd get a bipolar "lolplot 'cause author says so" followed by "lolnope DS doesn't let that happen."

Quote:

The ALL JOKERS are probably being held up by really trivial means. I wouldn't be surprised if Zenkichi and Co. burst into their holding room in a display of awesome heroism, only to find them, oh, I don't know. Maybe they've got Kumagawa and Hipster-kun arguing with each other over JUMP, TLR and my tastes>your tastes. Maybe they've bribed Hansode with 3 Manchu Feasts (covered with edible gold leaf) and Hanten with a bar made from diamonds and stocked with 1811 Chateau d’Yquem and 1926 Macallan. Meanwhile, Medaka is attempting (and failing) to convince them to leave and Ajimu is airsitting on the ceiling.

Of course Nienami's loss is going to matter. Surely you didn't think that Kumagawa was going to beat Medaka in the Minus arc's finale, were you? But even if the outcome of the fight was determined at the start, the battle was still kind of interesting, right? Anyways, I could reverse this. Of course the ALL JOKERS are going to eventually come back to Hakoniwa, why does the "how" matter?

Also:
>People engaging in potshots and communicating with pictures.
>People using AN ENTIRE POST to do nothing but type one sentence of potshot/nothing.
Spoiler for WHY:

EDIT: Randrak. I seriously do not understand. How is it that I am classified as a hater? What did I hate against? The usage of reaction images? The people who use reaction images?

Last edited by Terizent; 2012-05-03 at 02:14.
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 01:27   Link #8606
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post

Also:
>People engaging in potshots and communicating with pictures.
>People using AN ENTIRE POST to do nothing but type one sentence of potshot/nothing.
Spoiler for WHY:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 07:11   Link #8607
Wolfenstein

Devil Style is simply a skill to negate any and all kind of fate-warping. It just tells fate to suck it, since the reason the main character is so god-like, is because fate demands that he win - no matter the cost.

Does time need to stop? It will.
Does he need to become stronger on the fly? He will.
Does a meteor need to suddenly graze through the atmoshere and hit the enemy straight on the head? It will.

Of course, fate would also demand other things, such as minor characters dying to complete the story or the ultimate villain losing for the same end. Devil Style negates those effects because fate cannot interfere when It's active.

Which is why Ajimu said all that stuff, stuff that would normally happen to Zenkichi and co. since he is the main character. Stuff that happend to Medaka all the time.

Yet because Zenkichi wanted to win against Medaka on even grounds, and not by their fates decision, he asked for Devil Style. Simple as that. A 'Zero' like Hitoyoshi is basically the Devil, or the anti-god so to speak, since when he's around, God/Author/Fate/Destiny/the Invisible hand, literally have no effect on the story(well, not actually because Nisio is still writting, but the story gives of that illusion).
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:07   Link #8608
FFXFan13

Quote:
The ALL JOKERS are probably being held up by really trivial means. I wouldn't be surprised if Zenkichi and Co. burst into their holding room in a display of awesome heroism, only to find them, oh, I don't know. Maybe they've got Kumagawa and Hipster-kun arguing with each other over JUMP, TLR and my tastes>your tastes. Maybe they've bribed Hansode with 3 Manchu Feasts (covered with edible gold leaf) and Hanten with a bar made from diamonds and stocked with 1811 Chateau d’Yquem and 1926 Macallan. Meanwhile, Medaka is attempting (and failing) to convince them to leave and Ajimu is airsitting on the ceiling.
Medaka would at least be able to get Kumagawa back, since all she'd need to do is remind him of the Naked Apron she's due him when they finish. Once Kumagawa's back, he can make the bar of Diamond, along with the memories of it, nothing. Ajimu would probably come back down on her own at that point, since most everyone has gotten serious again.
Quote:
Of course Nienami's loss is going to matter. Surely you didn't think that Kumagawa was going to beat Medaka in the Minus arc's finale, were you? But even if the outcome of the fight was determined at the start, the battle was still kind of interesting, right?
That's because there was more then just fight going on, and both the characters fighting were interesting. Plus, Kumagawa had just regained his old ability, but we didn't know what that ability was, so finding out was also interesting. We also had Medaka explain Kumagawa's motivation's, something we had only a vague idea of.
Quote:
Anyways, I could reverse this. Of course the ALL JOKERS are going to eventually come back to Hakoniwa, why does the "how" matter?
The "how" matters there, because not a single one of those characters does anything the conventional way.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:08   Link #8609
silvercover
Romance Expert

so who's up for zenkichi sinking the ship with his earthquake stomp move?
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:13   Link #8610
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
The ship's already sinking though, so what would be the point?
Old 2012-05-03, 09:27   Link #8611
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
At first i'd think of it as far-fetched since, well, imagine the physical strenght nescessary to do that. I'd doubt Hinokage could accomplish such a feat. Then I remembered Medaka's tug-o-war against the entire student body. People like Hinokage and Tsurubami were there for Christ's sake and they were blown off.

And then I remember Zenkichi was the only one who managed to cling on to the rope. So yea, I don't doubt anything from this manga anymore.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:56   Link #8612
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Who, funny enough, also trained him at one point.
You know, how did Zenkichi and Naze become friends anyway(was it just that training)? It seemed it was enough to get her to support him during the election(yeah my memory's a bit rusty).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:33   Link #8613
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
That's because there was more then just fight going on, and both the characters fighting were interesting.

The "how" matters there, because not a single one of those characters does anything the conventional way.
Remember that this is a personal opinion that others may not share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
You know, how did Zenkichi and Naze become friends anyway(was it just that training)? It seemed it was enough to get her to support him during the election(yeah my memory's a bit rusty).
Well I guess when she started getting closer to Medaka, she got closer to Zen by association. The training must have played a big part. But remember, her backing of Zen was mainly due to her wanting to help Medaka on the long run.
Old 2012-05-03, 12:43   Link #8614
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I won't say that Naze was drawn to him in the usual sense... She just finds him pleasent to be around. She has seen first-hand how hard Zenkichi is willing to work for his goals and that probably impressed her more than anything. That and nigh total devotion to Medaka to the point of going against her when she needed it.

They both respect each other for their abilities and beliefs too. If Medaka and Emukae were not in the picture, I'm sure that Naze would scoop Zen up for herself....maybe...
Old 2012-05-03, 13:05   Link #8615
FFXFan13

Quote:
Remember that this is a personal opinion that others may not share.
I never said it wasn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I won't say that Naze was drawn to him in the usual sense... She just finds him pleasent to be around. She has seen first-hand how hard Zenkichi is willing to work for his goals and that probably impressed her more than anything. That and nigh total devotion to Medaka to the point of going against her when she needed it.

They both respect each other for their abilities and beliefs too. If Medaka and Emukae were not in the picture, I'm sure that Naze would scoop Zen up for herself....maybe...
I thought Naze was gay?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:13   Link #8616
Wolfenstein

Does no one acknowledge that Shiranui might have...a shot?

I mean, ok, she's an obvious loli whose nearly half Zenkichi's size, which is disturbing, but they get along so well. Though at this point she probably has already given up or something.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:15   Link #8617
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Dude, nobody but Medaka has a shot, or have you missed it every time he's said he loves her?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:16   Link #8618
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

I mean, ok, she's an obvious loli whose nearly half Zenkichi's size, which is disturbing, but they get along so well. Though at this point she probably has already given up or something.
As much as I love Shiranui and support her pairing with Zen, she has been pretty friendzoned by now, like Emakue.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:18   Link #8619
Wolfenstein

I'm not talking about what's obviously canon and going to happen. I'm talking about when everyone talks about this new harem Shiranui's kinda left out. She's ought to be one of the bigger players. I mean, already weaseled herself into being his best friend and all.

Plus, I never wanted Zenkichi with Medaka, so one can only dream.

Quote:
As much as I love Shiranui and support her pairing with Zen, she has been pretty friendzoned by now, like Emakue.
Yea, pretty much.

She did give a rather indimidating ultimatum about the situation, though I doubt anything'll come out of it.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:24   Link #8620
FFXFan13

Quote:
Dude, you support every female with Zen
Quote:
I'm not talking about what's obviously canon and going to happen. I'm talking about when everyone talks about this new harem Shiranui's kinda left out. She's ought to be one of the bigger players. I mean, already weaseled herself into being his best friend and all.
If she wanted to be hgis girfriend, she would be by now, she's just that good. So either she's fine with things as they are, or, she has too much respect for Zenkichi to manipulate the situation into one where he falls for her.
Quote:
Plus, I never wanted Zenkichi with Medaka, so one can only dream.
It's a shame that fanfiction has failed us in this instance... 15 fics, and none of them are particularly good, one fic manages mediocre, but the rest fall firmly in the "They Suck" pile.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council