AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-04, 18:13   Link #8121
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I wouldn't call it too hard too. As mentioned, she wasn't killed or maimed. Expulsion is hard, but not overly hard.

She willingly stripped, not even by force, so I won't call it being hard on her. Or at least I don't see any overt coercion.
It is not hard to imagine what would happen if she did not strip. She just chose a less dangerous option, doing it herself.

And standing naked in front of everyone is pretty shameful especially when you are put down.

P.S. Liked the little exchange between Rogue and his cat.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 18:28   Link #8122
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
That's a female run guild for ya

-he said with heavy sarcasm-
they are platinum mad.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:14   Link #8123
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Then again Yukina could join Fairy Tail but since shes owned by Kagura
I think part of the reason the ST master was mad was that, even though Kagura won the bet, she had no use for the prize.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:24   Link #8124
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It is not hard to imagine what would happen if she did not strip. She just chose a less dangerous option, doing it herself.

And standing naked in front of everyone is pretty shameful especially when you are put down.
Well I think your right but the book does need some villians and Sabertooth hopefully will be taking center stage in that role in a later arc.

I'm thinking Rogue may break off from Sabertooth at the end of this arc after his little exchange with his Exceed.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:39   Link #8125
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Well Phantom Lord wasn't much competition for Fairy Tail during their heyday so maybe Sabertooth will showcase more depth than they did. As a whole, Fairy Tail now has an extremely high overall power rating. Many of their B and C ranked people leveled up at least one level so with the addition of their top 20, they are in a very good position.

At the very least, Rouge seems to be more receptive to the concept of 'nakama' than Sting is. And since Flo seems to be the weaker of the two Exceed with them, he's bound to get into some sort of trouble.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:28   Link #8126
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Nice chapter.

Sabertooth's master is an asshole, as I expected. Kicking Yukino out for losing would have been hard, but making her strip in front of people to highlight her shame is beyond the pale. I wonder what exactly she'll be doing with Lucy though...

Also as expected, the hooded chick from Mermaid Heel was Millianna, and I quite like her post-timeskip look, very wild.

I had almost forgotten that Millianna has ample reasons to hate Jellal, especially seeing how well Erza and Jellal were getting along. The thing about Kagura was a surprise though. You really have to feel for Erza though, just as she and Jellal were beginning to enjoy a normal relationship, up pops a complication.

I really want to see what, if anything Erza is going to say, along with just what happened with Kagura. The thought occurs to me that Millianna might really realize that Mystogan is Jellal, seeing as she might be familiar with his magic. Mystogan's reputation as a recluse won't help matters. In that case, it's really going to hit the fan.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:29   Link #8127
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
I think Fairy Tail is gaining another hottie, and Gray could expand his harem
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:46   Link #8128
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I wouldn't call it too hard too. As mentioned, she wasn't killed or maimed. Expulsion is hard, but not overly hard.

She willingly stripped, not even by force, so I won't call it being hard on her. Or at least I don't see any overt coercion.
Him killing or maiming her would be illegal. Remember, Sabertooth isn't a dark guild in the middle of nowhere, and Fairy Tail's universe does have a reasonably functional semblance of laws and law enforcement.

And no she did not strip willingly. She stripped because Gemma ordered her to do so as part of her punishment. Sure she could technically have refused, but that would just have guaranteed that he would have thrown her out of the guild when there was still a chance that he'd settle for humiliating her as punishment.

The "too hard" likely comes from the fact that he made a point of humiliating her in one of the more degrading ways available to him before throwing her out of the guild, when simply throwing her out of the guild would have more than sufficed. Any of that really being a rather disproportionate punishment for betting her life against an opponent that declined to kill her when she lost.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:10   Link #8129
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think Fairy Tail is gaining another hottie, and Gray could expand his harem
If Gray's gonna increase his harem then it's got be Kagura that joins, could def imagine her being super tsundere which I could totally dig

Intrigued with the deal between Kagura and Jellal, hoping it delivers some nice rela drama.
At least we now know that Erza vs Kagura is pretty much on the table, can't wait!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 01:33   Link #8130
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
The thought occurs to me that Millianna might really realize that Mystogan is Jellal, seeing as she might be familiar with his magic.
The thought occurs to me that she will sniff him out, and then...
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 02:35   Link #8131
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
I hope Erza beats the crap out of Millianna. I don't think it will be to protect Jellal as much as to straiten her out on the whole killing thing.
SoloPanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 04:01   Link #8132
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Rouge actually Smiled...

And he looked extremely awesome when he did. That was, i have no idea why, my favorite part of the chapter.

I thought Sting had something for Yukino +.+ So he was basically more concerned about answering to Gemma about losing than her ...
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 04:38   Link #8133
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If Gray's gonna increase his harem then it's got be Kagura that joins, could def imagine her being super tsundere which I could totally dig

Intrigued with the deal between Kagura and Jellal, hoping it delivers some nice rela drama.
At least we now know that Erza vs Kagura is pretty much on the table, can't wait!
Gray's? Pfft. It's obviously Jellal's and his secret attempt of building a swordswomen harem.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:11   Link #8134
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Gray's? Pfft. It's obviously Jellal's and his secret attempt of building a swordswomen harem.
Erza would like to have a talk about this

Really liked the scene with Rogue and Fro, don't know why but I found it quite sentimental.
Like xKeir said didn't expect Rogue's smile and Fro is so cute, I'm fearing some confrontation between Sting/Genma and Rogue with Fro ending up quite badly from it...

Time for crack theory: Kagura is Simon's sister
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:50   Link #8135
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
OK. Now I hate Sabertooth more then Raven Tail... If Makarov knew what Gemma did... well lets just say a giant fist to the face.....
By the way it looks like this arc we get 3 major enemies: "Sabertooth", "Raven Tail" and "That douche in armor/Zeref cultist".
Now all we need is Tartarus to make it's grand appearance (assuming "That douche in armor/Zeref cultist" hopefully isn't part of it).
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:36   Link #8136
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
I think you are reading too much into Rogue's behaviour this chapter.

To me, it looks like Sting and Rogue are Natsu / Gajeel alter ego and Mashima merely switched their personalities (so Rogue will showcase some of Natsu's nakama behaviour while Sting will showcase some of Gajeel's pre-mellowing out behaviour)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
OK. Now I hate Sabertooth more then Raven Tail... If Makarov knew what Gemma did... well lets just say a giant fist to the face.....
By the way it looks like this arc we get 3 major enemies: "Sabertooth", "Raven Tail" and "That douche in armor/Zeref cultist".
Now all we need is Tartarus to make it's grand appearance (assuming "That douche in armor/Zeref cultist" hopefully isn't part of it).
I think he is with Raven Tail. We still need to know how Raven Tail went from being a dark guild to a "new" "legit" guild. Since the guy is a villain and seems to be well introduced into the circles of power, he most likeley has an hand on it.
And this would be a letdown if Raven Tail turned legit just for the sake of those games.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-05-05 at 11:59. Reason: typo
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:56   Link #8137
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I think he is with Raven Tail. We still need to know how Raven Tail went from being a dark guild to a "new" "legit" guild. Since the guy is a villain and seems to well introduced into the circles of power, he most likeley has an hand on it.
And this would be a letdown if Raven Tail turned legit just for the sake of those games.
I think Hiro Mashima said in that recent extra manga volume chapter that Raven Tail was never a dark guild to begin with, but merely an independent guild (kind of like Crime Sorciere), and it was a mistake on his part to let readers think it was a dark guild to begin with. I mean, when Raven Tail was introduced as an official guild, hardly any of the audience members knew what it was, and I'm assuming that Makarov himself was assuming them to be a dark guild when he first found out about it.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 20:58   Link #8138
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Erza would like to have a talk about this
I don't think Ultear is going to just let it go either.

Quote:
Time for crack theory: Kagura is Simon's sister
I thought about that, but given the time frames involved, I don't think Simon is Kagura's brother.

I'm guessing Kagura is going to have a change of heart by the end of the arc and either join Crime Sorciere or help them however she can. And whatever her backstory and grudge with Jellal is... I really hope it isn't related to the Tower of Heaven incident. There's only so much you can have a single event (albeit an admittedly big one) responsible for everything that goes wrong before it starts becoming overused.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:43   Link #8139
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I thought about that, but given the time frames involved, I don't think Simon is Kagura's brother.

I'm guessing Kagura is going to have a change of heart by the end of the arc and either join Crime Sorciere or help them however she can. And whatever her backstory and grudge with Jellal is... I really hope it isn't related to the Tower of Heaven incident. There's only so much you can have a single event (albeit an admittedly big one) responsible for everything that goes wrong before it starts becoming overused.
If something is mentioned before the bulk of an arc begins, the arc is likely gonna involve it. Simon's already been mentioned, so odds are Kagura may really be Simon's sister. Perhaps she was very little when her brother was shipped off to the tower, and perhaps he was her only family at the time he died.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 22:49   Link #8140
sergel02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I feel like Kagura may not play as big of a role has I think she might. Dunno, just a feeling.

I think that new girl Sabertooth is talking about will be Wendy's dragonslaying counterpart.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.