AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-05, 05:14   Link #481
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I'd say the plot is interesting; even if the romance in SAO makes me want to tear my hair out at times

Epic fight scenes and intrigue, but the relationships is kinda meh.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 05:59   Link #482
tomtkp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Real world
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14 View Post
Is this light novel got an interesting plot? I just found this yesterday.
Yeah, I recommend you to read SAO. The plot is very interesting if you are not really bother about the romance element in SAO. It's true that the romance element in SAO is at best average but for me, I didn't really bother about that part. Kirito and Asuna is the official couple for me no matter what.
__________________
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:23   Link #483
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I dont think romance is Kawahara's strong point. Look at AW...and LOL cline has sewing as a skill
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:28   Link #484
CNine
The Crossroad
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Almost in There
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
I dont think romance is Kawahara's strong point. Look at AW...and LOL cline has sewing as a skill
believe me or not, but man who has household skill is more popular than good looking guy[ex : Kirito]
__________________
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:35   Link #485
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
I dont think romance is Kawahara's strong point. Look at AW...and LOL cline has sewing as a skill
To be fair... Kirito has fishing.

And while the romance may not be terribly popular I really love the Kirito + Asuna scenes. I do some eyeball rolling at the harem stuff (unpopular kid loved by ALLLLLL the girls) but at least in the SAO framework it does sort of make sense.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:35   Link #486
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
believe me or not, but man who has household skill is more popular than good looking guy[ex : Kirito]
I think Kazuto can do housework too lol.
Imo, sewing is much more practical in SAO. You can make your own coats and sell em from drops
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:25   Link #487
kiritro
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
anyone know where i can read Volume 8 - Early and
Late
kiritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:46   Link #488
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiritro View Post
anyone know where i can read Volume 8 - Early and
Late
English at BT last 2 chaps done
Chinese at wenku8
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 13:05   Link #489
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
I think Kazuto can do housework too lol.
Imo, sewing is much more practical in SAO. You can make your own coats and sell em from drops
no its not... not if its kirito.

cooking allows him to stay on the field longer.
clothing and money can always be gotten from drops which he can kill faster then sew or cook combined.

This is why kirito always had extra items.
This is also how Sicillia got that ivory dagger and silver chain mail armor from kirito.

I play RPG's like kirito..
Basically take what you need for a couple of hours... level crunch... head back to town sell and restock and repeat.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 15:49   Link #490
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
To be fair... Kirito has fishing.

And while the romance may not be terribly popular I really love the Kirito + Asuna scenes. I do some eyeball rolling at the harem stuff (unpopular kid loved by ALLLLLL the girls) but at least in the SAO framework it does sort of make sense.
Kirito's a unpopular kid? I always thought that he was at least decently popular.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:19   Link #491
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Kirito's a unpopular kid? I always thought that he was at least decently popular.
RL vs. game world was what I meant. He's a 14 year-old MMO addict who ditches school and playing MMO's. Hard to imagine he's very popular. He certainly doesn't spend any time worrying about RL folks other than his sister / mother. Hard to say though, he's definitely someone who can and does thrive in the VRMMO he's thrust into. We get the feeling he's one of a VERY small crowd of people for whom the SAO death-game isn't a bad thing.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:28   Link #492
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Kirito is very popular in the front lines and even the best of it. His popularity boost and pummel when his dual swords was announced and been beaten by heartcliff? (can't remember if it's the right name)

Plus all his harem girls are playing VRMMO games and met him in the VR world and not in the RL. And even if you meet him in RL. Kirito's looks isn't that bad. He is cute or more like girly in way (totally unlike a fatarse -_- character)

An ace and good looking guy plus a kind one. So what's not to like? They all fell in love with his mad gaming skills
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:41   Link #493
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
RL vs. game world was what I meant. He's a 14 year-old MMO addict who ditches school and playing MMO's. Hard to imagine he's very popular. He certainly doesn't spend any time worrying about RL folks other than his sister / mother. Hard to say though, he's definitely someone who can and does thrive in the VRMMO he's thrust into. We get the feeling he's one of a VERY small crowd of people for whom the SAO death-game isn't a bad thing.
But he does have his friends even outside of the gaming world. In volume 7 Asuna mentioned that Kirito helped built that device for Zekken with two of his friends. I really don't see him being unpopular considering how social he usually is.

Also most 14 year olds would ditch school to play video games and he wanted to get out of SAO just as much as anyone else if not more. Just pointing that out.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:08   Link #494
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Yeah, I recommend you to read SAO. The plot is very interesting if you are not really bother about the romance element in SAO. It's true that the romance element in SAO is at best average but for me, I didn't really bother about that part. Kirito and Asuna is the official couple for me no matter what.
Out of curiosity, what is it that makes the romance average to you? And when you say "romance", do you mean the adorable relation Kirito and Asuna have (which they do. In volume 1, at least) or the crappy harem? I don't consider a harem to be romance, and I never will. Frankly, I loved what I saw of the romance in the first volume; I actually found it better than most, if not all, of the romance in other stories that I've read or watched.

What would shows/LNs and so on would consider to have good/really good/5 *s romance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
I dont think romance is Kawahara's strong point. Look at AW...and LOL cline has sewing as a skill
The romance doesn't seem to be as important in AW as it is SAO, though.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:34   Link #495
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
To be fair... Kirito has fishing.
A skill that he never got to a high level if what Vol1 says is accurate And not knowing the part of the lake he chose to train in has higher level fish so he couldn't get any xp
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:05   Link #496
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Out of curiosity, what is it that makes the romance average to you? And when you say "romance", do you mean the adorable relation Kirito and Asuna have (which they do. In volume 1, at least) or the crappy harem? I don't consider a harem to be romance, and I never will. Frankly, I loved what I saw of the romance in the first volume; I actually found it better than most, if not all, of the romance in other stories that I've read or watched.

What would shows/LNs and so on would consider to have good/really good/5 *s romance?


The romance doesn't seem to be as important in AW as it is SAO, though.
Kirito and Asuna was meh. Not really the best romance out there and it felt to sappy or forced sometimes. Asuna also didn't have the most interesting personality and I personally liked Shinon more. I would recommend for anime Clannad if you want good romance and Gekkou for light novel if you want interesting romance.

Also I'm I the only one that thought that Sword Art Online actually has one of the better develped harems? I mean it's not like a stupid case where the girls immediantly full for the guy, there is some amount of development especially with Shinon. Also it's unlike most normal harem stories where the girls fall for a loser who the reader cannot sympathize or understand why girls would fall for a hopeless moron Kirito is a least badass enough and smart enough to give readers a sense of why girls would fall in love with him.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:06   Link #497
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
His fishing is at 600+ a fair feat for 2 weeks.
Also his two friends that helped him were from SAO too

Actually, KiritoXAsuna is one of the better couples i've seen and cutest too. His harem is....not as good as Issei's though. Clannad is a story focused on romance, it was adapted from a VN
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:09   Link #498
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
His fishing is at 600+ a fair feat for 2 weeks.
Also his two friends that helped him were from SAO too

Actually, KiritoXAsuna is one of the better couples i've seen and cutest too. His harem is....not as good as Issei's though. Clannad is a story focused on romance, it was adapted from a VN
Really? Where does it say that his two friends were from SAO?
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:11   Link #499
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Really? Where does it say that his two friends were from SAO?
They made it in his school, which was specially for SAO players
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:19   Link #500
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WIGGINS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
They made it in his school, which was specially for SAO players
Oh................................. can't believe I missed that.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.