AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-06, 01:16   Link #221
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, Captain America/S
On a final note, and to list two minor quibbles: Bruce Banner's sudden appearance in the third act makes no sense;
Why do you say that? He knew the same things as Stark, more or less, and is a very smart man. Why couldn't he figure out where the action would be?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:31   Link #222
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Just got done watching this movie, man that was good! holy cow a perfect mix of everything. I can see why Rotten Tomatoes rated it in the high 90's.

but on another note, just for the laughs
Spoiler for For the LOLS:

__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"


Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:01   Link #223
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
AWESOME MOVIE!

I wish I stayed after the credits, I only saw the Thanos teaser. Man they were eating at a sawarma joint...damn.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:12   Link #224
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Loki: Stupid creature! I am a god! I will not be bullied by the likes of ....

*Hulk grabs Loki by the leg and repeatedly stomps his ass into the ground*

Loki: .......... *disbelief*


The entire theater burst into laughter
Mine actually clapped through that screen, brilliant

I guess in term of leader, Thor is more of one, but he have little knowledge of how US military/ police force set up. And then his citizens are all super-power, magic-wielding users. So it's harder for him to command without knowing Earthling.

Watched it twice because tagged along with 2 different groups of friends. But well it was quite worth it
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:13   Link #225
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, there was no true emotional weight to the film. Besides a surprise death at the end of the second act, none of the characters really have any great emotional revelations or, in many respects, made any significant changes. While I love Tom Hiddleston's Loki, I can't help but feel that the film would have been better served if the character had been killed by the end of the movie. In fact, Whedon even tempts us with the one character death that we know with full certainty would never happen (thus eliminating a great deal of said character's growth in the situation). As it stands, "Captain America", "Thor" and to a lesser extent "Iron Man", have greater emotional depth and character growth than "The Avengers".
I can't help but feel like Whedon had no choice. Mashing so many superheroes in one movie means you have to cover a lot of emotional ground if you want to get through each one. I think it is probably best to tell most of the story/character growth in the individual movies (Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk) rather than in a joint franchise. Frankly, I'm surprised at how much they managed to fit into the movie and that most characters had their shining moments. (Though the Hawk had very few introspective moments, he had CRAPLOADS of screentime)

In essence, I am looking forward to each individual stories, but when they are together, as a group, I'd rather push forward the group's narrative rather than the individual threads. I thought that Whedon's balancing act was well done.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:17   Link #226
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

To be fair, the Super Soldier Serum only amplifies core qualities and traits within an individual. Rogers was chosen not because he was physically superior, but because even though he lacked the physical strength he still had amazing (and very moral) spiritual strength.

Additionally, Rogers attempted to serve multiple times before he was given the Serum, but he was always rejected due to his physical limitations. So, he didn't "only serve" because of super steroids. Rather, it was because he tried to serve that he was give super steroids.
Yeah, but he seemed to be making it about a physical confrontation. Like "Without the armor, you're just some dweeb I can shove into a locker. In fact, put it on and I can still kick your ass."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:22   Link #227
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: « キセキの世代 »
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Joss Wheldon stated yesterday that there will be some sort of director's cut of the movie featuring an additional 30 minutes cutscene. The moment would include the background of Roger's story how he adapt in the modern world and also involving his love interest. I guess they didn't include them in the current theaters because seems like Iron Man is a tad bit more popular than Cap'n America.

Excellent movie btw, already watched it twice in two consecutive days. So in terms of raw powers and fighting skills the way I see it Hulk > Thor > Iron-Man = Cap America >>>>>> Barton = Natasha.
Damn, extras like that are difficult to find.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 04:34   Link #228
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but he seemed to be making it about a physical confrontation. Like "Without the armor, you're just some dweeb I can shove into a locker. In fact, put it on and I can still kick your ass."
It does kind of come across like that but you have to consider Steve Rogers personality, he isn't a bully. Stark is a jock, Rogers was forcing him to consider what was the core of his motives, his drive - beyond his toys. Starks typically (mildly narcissistic) flippant answer did hide a fair amount of truth in regards to his determination. Because his *is* a genius, he built a war machine in a cave in the desert when his back was to the wall.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 06:08   Link #229
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
It does kind of come across like that but you have to consider Steve Rogers personality, he isn't a bully.
No, but he did behave like a musclebound oaf trying to assert dominance over a physically inferior geek. And, like a lot of bullies, it seemed to come from a feeling of insecurity. He's out of his time, and presented with a technical problem he can't even hope to understand. All he has are his muscles, and they were useless.

Quote:
Stark is a jock, Rogers was forcing him to consider what was the core of his motives, his drive - beyond his toys.
And he did that because...? There's a lot of reasons Stark can rub someone the wrong way. But ultimately what Rogers did was:
- judge him by his outer persona instead of looking at what he did - when push came to shove, he did risk his life to save others.
- throw a tantrum because he was being sidelined. Stark was right - for all of Rogers' speech about focusing on the task, he was just being underfoot.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 06:59   Link #230
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Joss Wheldon stated yesterday that there will be some sort of director's cut of the movie featuring an additional 30 minutes cutscene. The moment would include the background of Roger's story how he adapt in the modern world and also involving his love interest.
pretty much what I heard, apparently the original was going to be about 3 hours.
Mr. DJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:04   Link #231
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Spoiler for RIP Phil Son of Coul:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:23   Link #232
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Spoiler for Great movie! some favorite parts.:
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 15:59   Link #233
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for Great movie! some favorite parts.:
i agree and
Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-05-06 at 16:37.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 16:09   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Not destroy. Smash. "Hulk smash" being Hulk's catchphrase in the comics.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 16:26   Link #235
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
I saw the film in Italian..and Captan America say "Hulk spacca"

yes..you're right.
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:18   Link #236
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Finally saw it, and wow, that was fun. And hysterical. I lost track of the number of times the theater burst into laughter. Most memorable I think was Thor's "He's adopted" and Loki's rant being interrupted by Hulk, and he just gets goddamn slammed around like a ragdoll like Hulk is saying "Stop! Talking!"

God even thinking about it now is making me crack up

Can't wait to see where the Marvel movies go from here. Oh, but, who was that evil looking guy in the first after credits scene?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:19   Link #237
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Can't wait to see where the Marvel movies go from here. Oh, but, who was that evil looking guy in the first after credits scene?
Spoiler for Credit Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:20   Link #238
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Wow, didn't realize Red Skull became an Intergalactic Warlord in his 70 years floating in space!!
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:21   Link #239
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for Credit Spoiler:
Yeeeaahh, I don't know who that is
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:31   Link #240
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yeeeaahh, I don't know who that is
Google it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.