AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 30
10: Amazing... 6 15.00%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 12 30.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 27.50%
7 out of 10: Good... 8 20.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 5.00%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.50%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-06, 22:02   Link #61
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Because they're trying to colonize the planet. And typically in colonization warfare, you wipe out the native population.

Also in doing so they can enrage the enemy military, and that sometimes can cause them to slip up when they're not thinking clearly.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:08   Link #62
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
They want to cleanse the of all native Earthlings. Be it civilian or military.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:11   Link #63
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Am I the only one thinking that Flit's new hair style looks like Akuma from street fighter
Spoiler for SSF4:


Spoiler for Age 3:




I think the new captain was picked because her last name stands out in a bad way in the list...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:11   Link #64
Znozzy
Praise the sun!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
I don't get it, why did Vagan prioritize in attacking civilians?
Quantity > Quality?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:18   Link #65
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So Vagan genocide evil, Flit genocide good, ok thanks for clearing that up.

The problem with the Vagans initially coming back was the fact that no one knew they existed. Plus if there are all these colonies around the Earth it's hard to believe a massive group of people can just move back without issue. Very possible we've got some population control in place. Of course shouldn't have been a problem later. Sadly by that point a crazy leader emerged and took things to a point where peace talks weren't going to happen.

So since we haven't seen good people with the Vagans we should commit genocide? It's certainly not possible at all that the leadership would only advance those who shared their beliefs right? That'd be like saying in WW2 all Germans should have been killed because all that the Allies met in battle were Nazi soldiers.
If you watched the episode Flit stated firmly to Kio that the main target is Ezcelant himself.

If they take out Ezcelant, they can end the war which is pretty much the alternative to wiping out the Vagans.

Quote:
And Flit is wrong for the path he's going down.
And I ask again, what path is he taking?

So far all he's done is act in the defense of the Earth Federation by protecting the civilians. Why is that so hard to understand that?


Quote:
That's a beautiful dream. Unfortunately the worst part of circular arguments is that no one will ever stop. Still good to dream though.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't get the memo we're not allowed to voice our opinions and facts. I'll remember that next time. I guess I'll jump on your bandwagon and join in on the Flit is evil and is stupid for trying to fight back to protect his family and the Earth.


Quote:
So all Flit has done is saying he will exterminate the Vagan, and people think he's a bigger asshole than the Vagan? Really?
Pretty much, this is the first series where I've seen the audience get pissed off more of a character that says angry things compared to another character that actually does said bad things it's sad and pathetic.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-05-06 at 22:29. Reason: Not bothering anymore
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:23   Link #66
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
I don't get it, why did Vagan prioritize in attacking civilians?
Because they are Vegan. Must kill all meat eaters and concrete buildings.

Though personally I am hoping there's a "deeper" reasoning, like ME's reapers.

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I didn't get the memo we're not allowed to voice our opinions and facts. I'll remember that next time.
It's fine of course, it's just that a certain line of argument have already been mentioned many times by now, not that you are the only one responsible...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:28   Link #67
SagaraSouske
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I think action speaks louder then words. Despite what Flit said about exterminate all Vagans. His actions points to nothing of the sort. So far the only Vagans Flit has seen are Vagan military and his hatred is really directed towards them. He may yet changes his mind if EFF somehow get to Vagan sphere and see there are civilians there. You can't really accuse Flit of something he has yet done and only based on what he claim he will do.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic63006_2.gif
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:58   Link #68
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
So many people living in a bubble...

There is no good and bad in war, just bad, and worse.

In WWII the allies leveled entire countries to the ground. How many civilians do you think died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? yet we were considered to be the good guys. See my point?

They Vagans didnt invent the wheel here guys. That's warfare 101 right there.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:03   Link #69
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
And your point is?

I heard you said something about Flit is worse. I have yet to see how could he be worse.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:14   Link #70
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Lets see we have...

The Diva: An "obsolete" warship

Bridge Crew: Made up of outcasts and troublemakers.

Ms.Einus: An inexperienced and untested captain believed to have only gotten her rank because of nepotism.

Flint: A cranky retired borderline genocidal war hero.

Kio: A 13 year old ace pilot trained on videogames.

Obright: An obviously bitter veteran who uses an out of date, but heavily customized machine.

How many "Ragtag Bunch of Misfits" tropes are they going to use? I'm half expecting the Diva crew to turn the war around within the next 6 or 7 episodes...Whose with me on this one?
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:32   Link #71
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
The Chapter was Close but not cigar to be excellent, Again some plot elements(the Fuc@@@ Kids and the 'rookie' crew would have been forgivable in the first generation, but not now), the whole chapter rest in the Asunos Shoulder... And they delivered it excelent.

In general i don't feel it short,, in fact the whole kids scene would have been cut and nothing would have been lost, the whole thing with the "Ragtag Bunch of Misfits" was like a 'player punch' to the Asunos and the watcher... but still the Asunos are the start of this series, let see how Frederick without doubt give greenlight to Flit plans.... The generatio is still full of Incompetency but can survive.

In general the battle was fine, Zehart was nerfed somehow as commander, but wing a big hax as pilot in the timeskip.

Waiting for the dessert chapter, seeing the Age-3 new toys are much better than Generation 1 ones(rocketto pawch)

Rate of the Chapter: 9.0(the before was 10, why level-5,why...)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:39   Link #72
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Of all the things to pick up from previous Gundam series, I wish they had not chosen the children.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:45   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I think action speaks louder then words. Despite what Flit said about exterminate all Vagans. His actions points to nothing of the sort. So far the only Vagans Flit has seen are Vagan military and his hatred is really directed towards them. He may yet changes his mind if EFF somehow get to Vagan sphere and see there are civilians there. You can't really accuse Flit of something he has yet done and only based on what he claim he will do.
Not sure if I agree with that. If he doesn't consider the Vagans to be human and sees them as evil how can we believe he only connects that to their military? Flit can't be insane enough not to connect the idea that there are Vagan civilians. It's a stretch to think that Flit has separated things in his mind like that. He has hatred for the Vagans and I can't recall him ever separating their civilians and their military. Think you are underestimating the power of words anyways. After all the mindsets of those around him like Kio will be molded by his words. I'm not having Flit stringed up yet, but he's on a dangerous road there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And your point is?

I heard you said something about Flit is worse. I have yet to see how could he be worse.
From what I saw Revolutionist only said Flit was as bad and worse than ever (as compared to Flit's earlier state). Can't see how Flit is better than he used to be. After all spent his retirement turning his grandson into a better soldier who'd follow his orders compared to Asemu.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:51   Link #74
Nivek von Beldo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of all the things to pick up from previous Gundam series, I wish they had not chosen the children.
Amen to that bro... but that was Sunrise was always....
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:52   Link #75
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Lets see we have...

The Diva: An "obsolete" warship

Bridge Crew: Made up of outcasts and troublemakers.

Ms.Einus: An inexperienced and untested captain believed to have only gotten her rank because of nepotism.

Flint: A cranky retired borderline genocidal war hero.

Kio: A 13 year old ace pilot trained on videogames.

Obright: An obviously bitter veteran who uses an out of date, but heavily customized machine.

How many "Ragtag Bunch of Misfits" tropes are they going to use? I'm half expecting the Diva crew to turn the war around within the next 6 or 7 episodes...Whose with me on this one?
I think Yunoa, Wendy and the three kids are going to join
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:02   Link #76
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
From what I saw Revolutionist only said Flit was as bad and worse than ever (as compared to Flit's earlier state). Can't see how Flit is better than he used to be. After all spent his retirement turning his grandson into a better soldier who'd follow his orders compared to Asemu.
Yeah a shame Asemu didn't follow Flit's orders like when Flit told him specifically NOT to use that Vagan tech helment that would end up damaging his brain. Shame on Flit.

As others have stated here Flit is more or less the same. He's hated the Vagans with a passion since the day his mother was killed and so far their actions haven't exactly garnered any sympathy for him to change that mindset. Decil probably could've but that kid turned into a super devil. I don't see how he could be better or worse anyways when nothing with the Vagans have changed. I'm sure the entire Federation by now is aware of the origins of the Vagans.

And like I stated you cannot ignore the fact that Flit has pretty much grown up knowing nothing but fighting the Vagans as that's all it's been. The show does a good job displaying him as a "cranky old" soldier of the old guard that try to do things his way (seriously who here has never seen an old veteran try to take or maintain control over things because they feel only they can do it?). Fortunately the "new guard" are more or less capable of standing up to him as the MS commander showed and Flit backed down. The end of this episode had him stepping aside and giving everything over to the new guard.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:43   Link #77
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Am I the only one thinking that Flit's new hair style looks like Akuma from street fighter
finally someone mentioned it too lol, yep i notice that right away, Flit looks like Akuma

Flit should die since his like Akuma an embodiment of violence
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:54   Link #78
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
It seems interesting that the only people who respect Filt are his gandson and his former aid. Or like all anime series, all mid-level commander are useless? (Quote from LOGH)
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 03:50   Link #79
grss1982
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
So Earth invaded + Inexperienced ship screw is the last hope + next episode in the desert = MSG much?

Watching the captain being so indecisive made me one to punch out my computer monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
It seems interesting that the only people who respect Filt are his gandson and his former aid. Or like all anime series, all mid-level commander are useless? (Quote from LOGH)
That had me thinking as well. Years after the corruption in the Federation is cleansed by Flit, the federation now gets idiotic commanders like that? That guy must be a supporter of the old administration of something. :P
__________________
ARX-7 Arbalest
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 04:24   Link #80
atilim
Knightmare
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nederland
Age: 26
As always Flit was baddass, his arrogance alone makes him the best Gundam protagonist. Given orders while he has zero authority was epic.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.